PDA

View Full Version : Material help, please.

Derkin
Apr 11, 2003, 03:54 AM
I hate math, so trying to figure out what I need to do with these mats is mind-numbingly boring and difficult (well wouldn't be hard if I actually had the patience for it.) So, I'm asking the experts here to come to my aid.

My FOmar needs to be maxed, I may never reach 200 but I'd like to know that with the right equipment and mat usage I would be if I ever reached that point.

According to the Stat Maxing Guide my FOmar would need:

105 Mind Mats
50 Defense Mats
45 Luck Mats

and a mag with the stats: 5/125/50/20

When I reached 125 today (woot!) I subtracted my base stats from the numbers in the character section. I had used 1 Evade and 1 Power mat. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif Not TOO bad, but I wish I would have been more careful.

I ate the mats I had (and the ones my friends gave me). I used:

1 Power Mat http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif
48 Defense Mats
66 Mind Mats
1 Evade Mat http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif
2 Luck Mats

Side note: Is there an error in the FOmar stats? It says at L125 I should have 118 ATA yet I only have 117.

How, if possible, can I still max him out. Please, any help will be great.

Thanks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Derkin on 2003-04-11 01:55 ]</font>

Derkin
Apr 11, 2003, 04:47 AM
*carries it back up to the top*

Quick side note: I FINALLY beat DF on VH just a minute ago. I loathe playing offline so I never bothered to unlock anything. Well, the urge to item hunt hit me so I finally finished Hard and VHard. So... What should I hunt for first? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Logical2u
Apr 11, 2003, 10:52 AM
I think that the beats might have something to do with appearance of Materials. I went on at (doing some math) maybe 3AM pacific time? On hard and found a Defense material and a Monogrinder right away. Also you can use units (knight/power).

gideonx
Apr 11, 2003, 03:20 PM
If that were true you could just change your GC clock over and over and go on in offline to get tons of rares and stuff. The beat time "theory" has pretty much been disproven.

Joe-Azlin
Apr 11, 2003, 03:24 PM
On 2003-04-11 13:20, gideonx wrote:
If that were true you could just change your GC clock over and over and go on in offline to get tons of rares and stuff. The beat time "theory" has pretty much been disproven.

yea i think we figured that out a while ago but i guess ppl need 2 b reminded of it lol

Derkin
Apr 11, 2003, 05:02 PM
huh?

Why are we talking about beats? I asked for help maxing my FOmar. O_o

LoreSeeker
Apr 11, 2003, 07:01 PM
I would have to agree with Logical. Units are probably your best solution. Having three God/Minds never hurts, does it?

klepto
Apr 11, 2003, 07:07 PM
Yes, your ata is messed up, so is my FOmars. One day, while leveling my Fomar in the forest, I moved from level 7-8. It said I gained one ATA. I got excited cuz i could use my handgun. But low and behold, it was the same as before the level. So i turned my GC off and tried it again, same thing. So from level 7-8 you skip one ATA point. Weird, but true.

abracadada
Apr 12, 2003, 12:12 AM
Hah, your FOmar is fine. Here's what mine has used so far (most of this was before the Character Manager util came out):

1 Power Material
80 Def Materials
86 Mind Materials
12 Evade Materials
15 Luck Materials

But it's still fine. My DFP won't max out until level 197 (oh no! I might have wasted 5 whole points!). At the moment, with a God/Body and D/Z 30, I'm a FOtank. So here's what I planned out:

1 Power Material
80 Def Materials
122 Mind Materials
12 Evade Materials
35 Luck Materials

Mag: 5/114/46/35
Equipment: God/Battle, God/Ability, God/Mind, Cure/Shock.

With that, at level 200 I should (should!) have maxed ATP, DFP, MST, ATA, and LCK, with EVP only 56 off (and I could equip a God/Legs in areas where I don't need Cure/Shock). A few points will be wasted in DFP and MST (5 and 4 respectively, I think), but I'm fine with that. So yeah, don't forget about units. Not that I think I'll reach level 200; I prefer to experience different types of characters instead of concentrating on one. But it's nice to know there's a happy ending for me if I get there.

Your solution is even easier. To make up for the power material, you can just move one of the POW points on your mag to MIND, and eat one less mind mat. Ta-da. As for the Evade mat, your def wasn't going to be maxed anyway, so you can just leave off one of those if you like.

(my RAmar, being my first character, is even more screwed, and I managed to work something out for him too. You just have to play with the numbers. The Character Manager helps greatly; I entered all of my characters, and used it to work out my own scheme for a HUnewearl since I disagree with the posted one).