PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 PSO2.exe crashing [Solved]

NightSun
Oct 2, 2013, 12:26 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]I'll try to keep this as simple as I can.

After the recent maintenance my pso2 has been crashing like crazy. At first I was unable to start the game, it would crash before the into video played. I reset everything to vanilla (this includes the .exes) and that only worked once. I was able to get into the game, but upon talking to something (in this case my bank) it would stall out as if the game hit a lag spike and ultimately crash. I tried to start it up again, but the same problem as before happened again. In some cases I can get the Nvidia logo up, but it crashes soon after.

This only started happening after the maintenance was complete. I was able to get on fine before and during (to only the ship selection of course). This was also before I even download the new files. I use Steam (with no launcher) to start my game normally, so sometimes I forget to get the new files after the server comes back up. I'm not sure if there was even new files, but when I reset the game back to vanilla it downloaded some (I didn't have any patches before, so I'm assuming they were new or missing).

Nothing on my PC has changed, hardware or software wise, and everything else works fine. Honestly I'm stumped on this one, so if anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them.[/SPOILER-BOX]
Edit: solved

I feel dumb now, and almost embarrassed to say what solved it. A sample PC restart took care of the problem. Game starts fine now and so far no crashes.
Although it still puzzles me what was causing it, oh well at least it works fine now.