PDA

View Full Version : FO/TE and TA's.

UMVC3_Wolverine
Oct 2, 2013, 10:27 PM
I'm a big TAer (do them all dailly 15 of them) and now that I have a second character I'm planning on doing them on my newman FO/TE.

She's lvl 52/52 so she has most of her damage buffs already and good gear. I figured it was time to take her to B27 and join some JP players for some VH TA's.

Turns out that I didn't do so good. I felt kinda bad since i'm normally really good and fast and killing things as hu/fi fi/hu I felt like I was lagging behind the party and I didn't like that very much.

I was playing with 3 GU/HU lvl 60 so i'm guessing that had something to do with it aswell.

Anyways I just want some tips to improve my FO/TE TA skills.

Here are the key areas that I would like advice on.

Against the RockBear what's the best PA to kill him with? Namegid takes too long. (gonna try Nafoies to the face next time, but still would like some further advice on this)

In lilipia if I reach the "domes" first what's my best DPS option against them to break them quickly and kill the robots?

In ambu against the shield darkers (gu wandas or whatever) what's the best way to kill them quickly? Zonde's? That seems kinda slow to me.

In ambu 2, when you are in a little box with a red gate alone what's the best and fastest way to kill the mobs in there? On my run I was the last one out by quite a few seconds. I'm used to be being out first most of the time so you can imagine how slow I felt.

Anyways, those are the areas that I would like some advice on. useful tips or advice will be appreciated :)

Yutaka20
Oct 2, 2013, 10:59 PM
Here are the key areas that I would like advice on.

Against the RockBear what's the best PA to kill him with? Namegid takes too long. (gonna try Nafoies to the face next time, but still would like some further advice on this)

rockbear wise,Nafoie and throw it at his face (either jump or from far throw it but point zero is the best)

In lilipia if I reach the "domes" first what's my best DPS option against them to break them quickly and kill the robots?

u will need to do a few setup :
press switch using Sazan, Zondeel + Zonde for mob killing and gathering aoe
the best buy is just to use zondeel to pull the mob out and zonde to kill them.nothing much u can do here as a FO zondeel's trigger effect would help dmg the dome a little.but most of the time u will need melee to dmg the dome more

In ambu against the shield darkers (gu wandas or whatever) what's the best way to kill them quickly? Zonde's? That seems kinda slow to me.
Shielded darker use grants / zonde but u gotta target change the autoaim to the back and not his shield.
depending on the team setup .if no one can really hit them i will namegid 2-3 times with charged version.

In ambu 2, when you are in a little box with a red gate alone what's the best and fastest way to kill the mobs in there? On my run I was the last one out by quite a few seconds. I'm used to be being out first most of the time so you can imagine how slow I felt.

not sure where this is lol.i dontremember having a little box with red gate lol

Bellion
Oct 2, 2013, 11:08 PM
Gu/Gawonda use Nafoie on the weakpoint on their behinds. It should be a 2 shot kill around your level with a proper fire tree and equipment. You need to do at least 15k x 2.

Sanctum box in: If you have a dark tree, Gimegid on Pendran and Sil Sadinian. For the Fodoransa, use Ramegid or Samegid. If you have a demonic fork with lvl 3 ability unlocked, even better.

forbs
Oct 2, 2013, 11:09 PM
Fo/Te has problems keeping up with the party unless you can triple step with GS or something. Even then, I think Fo/Fi is better for TA since you won't benefit from the pp regen most of the time.

Rockbear: Nafoie in the face at point blank range
Lilipa Domes: Zondeel the mobs inside the dome and nafoie spam. Should kill all the enemies+break the dome after 3-4 uses. Alternatively, you can rafoie snipe the Guard if you get there first.
Ga/Gu wonda: Nafoie the weak spot in the back
Sanctum TA: Nafoie spam will one shot both Sil and Pendan and 2-4 shot the Fodorans

For TA, you'll pretty much be using only Foie, Rafoie, Nafoie, Zondeel(for gathering mobs only), Namegid, Sazan(For switches and flipping El aldas), Grant for not killing dragons and rarely Gifoie/Safoie when the enemies are too spread out like the gulfur spawns in the Banther room for Nab 2.

Yutaka20
Oct 2, 2013, 11:14 PM
Gu/Gawonda use Nafoie on the weakpoint on their behinds. It should be a 2 shot kill around your level with a proper fire tree and equipment. You need to do at least 15k x 2.

Sanctum box in: If you have a dark tree, Gimegid on Pendran and Sil Sadinian. For the Fodoransa, use Ramegid or Samegid. If you have a demonic fork with lvl 3 ability unlocked, even better.

nafoie is decent if the shield darker is always facing away from u
if it's trying to atk u nafoie can be a real bother.

but it's a decent addon to ur knowledge
maybe u can put it this way

if u are in close range and darker is facing off u
nafoie
if u prefer to stay away nagrants/zonde
but personally i prefer zonde. cos u have a chance to stun them
,there is a con to it though.ppl who love knocking them of keeping them flying (GU love doing that)
use grants so u have a perfect hit without getting block by shield when it flies.
gotta change according to ur pt and howthey act.
nafoie at range is bad.u would miss if it moves.so it's good at point blank for shielded darker

practically to be a efficent FO user in taco u gotta have all the elements set up and ready to change according to situation,EXCEPT ice lol (yes i know u can freeze vol but why freeze when u can just slap him with a few namegid to break parts and kill him lol)

oh yea did i mention watch out for ur pp useage.if u are FO/TE abuse the pp regen skills.use them at the right time to make sure ur pp last

Bellion
Oct 2, 2013, 11:17 PM
Or you can just run behind them and smack their weakpoint with your rod to make it flinch and then Nafoie x2 or they can just decide to plant their shield on the ground and do nothing and give you the opportunity to Nafoie x2 behind them.

Flawless plan, yes.

But if Gu sends them flying, good luck ._.b

Yutaka20
Oct 2, 2013, 11:22 PM
Or you can just run behind them and smack their weakpoint with your rod to make it flinch and then Nafoie x2 or they can just decide to plant their shield on the ground and do nothing and give you the opportunity to Nafoie x2 behind them.

Flawless plan, yes.

But if Gu sends them flying, good luck ._.b

yea nafoie is a powerful skill but it has to be used situationally
normally ppl would really atk shielded darker faster then a FO so all u wanna do is start atking them at range so that the melee or ppl who loves smacking butts rush to the front and kill them from the back .it;'s more like doing them a favour to speed up the process.
u dont really need to be the one killing them always.
the important thing is to make the TA complete as fast as u can using the class u are using and who u are partying with ;P

Coatl
Oct 3, 2013, 09:25 AM
Overall, Fire should be the element you want to be specced in for a TA marathon. Obviously a fire tree will be less effective than a lightning tree in lilipa and a dark tree in sanctum, but it isn't that much of a set back considering nafoie hits hard enough to one or two shot mobs like Gilnaches, Gilnas, Gu/Ga wondas, Garongos. Generally you want to also be FO/FI for the boost in damage to all techs.

yea nafoie is a powerful skill but it has to be used situationally
normally ppl would really atk shielded darker faster then a FO so all u wanna do is start atking them at range so that the melee or ppl who loves smacking butts rush to the front and kill them from the back .it;'s more like doing them a favour to speed up the process.
u dont really need to be the one killing them always.
the important thing is to make the TA complete as fast as u can using the class u are using and who u are partying with ;P

Well I would completely agree with you if you could always pick out your party members in a TA. In the time you spend attacking a Ga Wonda from a distance waiting for a party member to finish him off, you could have swung behind them and killed them already.

Gama
Oct 3, 2013, 11:48 AM
not sure where this is lol.i dontremember having a little box with red gate lol

in sanctum when youre isolated with the photon fences and need to kill 3 guys.

i usualy either spam ramegid, but i mean SPAM. usualy the fastest way i found to do it.

KuroKanden
Oct 5, 2013, 12:58 PM
Often annoying when you have an inexperienced GU that juggles the Wondas, they should be either using satellite or just IF weak point instead of ER.

I do agree that Nafoie cleans out those things faster than Zonde spam even with a lightning tree ; I play FO/BR and it works fine.

Chdata
Oct 5, 2013, 02:28 PM
I was playing with 3 GU/HU lvl 60 so i'm guessing that had something to do with it aswell.

Indeed, they do insane damage which means you'd want to rely less on namegid for things like rockbear because they're just so powerful. You'll contribute more by throwing nafoies at his face or even just body if it's too hard to get into a good position for him fast enough. I dunno if you're using the fire tree or not though with PP convert but I'll say more on that later.

If namegid takes too long, yep just use nafoie IF you have PP convert at 6+. Otherwise I'd really just use foie or safoie.

I just spam popped zondeel and it does well enough. I don't know if the domes really have any weaknesses, so who knows, maybe something like samegid would be fine. I dunno if Zan is absorbed by them but I think it is. Just think of it like this: Whatever damage your PA would do against normal enemies is what it'll do against the shield, so just choose anything that generally does lots of damage. Like how backhand smash is good for breaking those. It does tons of damage. I'd stick to something you have mastery for though. And often zondeel works just fine anyway.

Depending on your masteries and how high you hit, namegid might be a good choice. This depends on whether or not your party is killing them fast or not, because if they kill it faster than 5 seconds then your namegid is useless and zonde would've been your best bet. Although, I feel like chaining zondeel does higher DPS against stuff. At least very often it seems to kill things faster. Usually as FoTe I put myself in duty of the micdas around there and one hit those then focus on the wandas. Or just spam two nafoies on each.

Gimegid can one hit the first mob iirc, if not megid can two shot it. I know megid can two shot the second mob and I think gimegid can one hit that as well. As for the last one, I'm not sure what the deal is with that. I've seen z-0's sanctum solo in which he somehow manages to 2-3 shot it with megids hitting either 4k or 8k damage each (I forget), yet I take like 3-4 namegids hitting 20k damage or so to kill them. I dunno what I'm doing wrong or if it has to do with the blue aura thing it does.

But yeah, interestingly enough that part's slow for Fo. As GuHu I can heel stab to kill the first two mobs with one PA and kill the last one in one or two and be first most of the time.

For TACOs though, I think FoFi is generally good. Depends on your trees though. Dunno if you're lightning/fire/both.

TaigaUC
Oct 11, 2013, 11:43 PM
Here are some videos on Nicovideo of solo TAs as Force/whatever
http://www.nicovideo.jp/search/pso2%20%E3%82%BD%E3%83%ADTA%20fo
Might have some useful tips.

It's been a while since I ran TAs as FoTe (I converted my 60/60 to Gu/Hu), but I think Zondeel+NaZonde may work on the barriers.
Not sure though. High tech rank and bolt mastery probably required.

The rest is pretty much as everyone's already said.