PDA

View Full Version : Online community is dead?

Zack-PSZ
Oct 3, 2013, 07:45 PM
Has everyone moved on to the next PSO? Out of a strong desire to play again for some reason I have started a new character and was just curious if anyone still comes online to play.

DoctorShanks
Oct 4, 2013, 12:10 AM
The community was kept alive for as long as it could be. It's a DS game that's been out for almost four years in NA, and as a result, the well has been dried up. There are still a handful of players that pick up this game every now and then, and they can be found in this group (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/group.php?groupid=484) and that group (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/group.php?groupid=396).

I would be playing if it weren't for the fact that none of my DS's have two working shoulder buttons anymore.

Norco
Oct 4, 2013, 02:16 AM
I still play from time to time. At the moment I am slowly working on getting my FOmar to lvl 100, so far he is lvl 70. Also I am only three titles away from having all titles! ^_^

I highly recommend checking out Chaos Rappy's group Final Phantasy Zero which DoctorShanks linked.

Chaos Rappy
Oct 4, 2013, 03:51 AM
Indeed, if you desire to play with others more often in PSZ, you should definitely check out my group, Final Phantasy Zero! We have regular get-togethers every now and then (currently non-planned, but eventually we will have planned meetups), and there is typically people on most times of the day. I myself am fairly active for online, especially on the weekends, so if you're available over this weekend, I would be more than happy to be able to play with you! ^_^

My timezone is GMT+1, as I am in Sicily currently, which is 6 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time (or 9 hours ahead of Pacific Standard Time), if you need a good reference of availability. I generally sleep between 10pm and 8am, so unless otherwise notified, I'll be unavailable between then, and I may be out and around at other times, but if a meeting is scheduled, I shall make my best effort to attend. ;D

[I will be unavailable for all of tonight, however; I am seeing a movie (The World's End) with my girlfriend, so I will not be able to meet up with anyone online tonight.]

Unit 01 AT
Oct 4, 2013, 09:05 AM
In my experience, there are quite a few active players left, but it is a headache to try to get people on at certain times. Feel like there would always be people online to play with if it wasn't for the stupid friendcode/grouping system in this game.

Atbar
Oct 4, 2013, 09:49 AM
In my experience, there are quite a few active players left, but it is a headache to try to get people on at certain times. Feel like there would always be people online to play with if it wasn't for the stupid friendcode/grouping system in this game.

About the one thing I find annoying about the F/C system is I can only have 64 of them and I had to weed out that list often because the majority of PSZ players quit after three weeks on average.

For those looking for a multiplayer game with a more active community, I would recommend looking elsewhere unless you can exercise a great deal of patience and willing to network to find people to play this game with you. In addition...

#1: You need to have a WEP connection.
#2: Realize that your 3DS F/C is NOT your PSZ F/C. It uses a separate F/C like all DS games before the 3DS.
#3: If you have a used copy, you need to log online because the F/C displayed will change because it's in a different DS.

Zack-PSZ
Oct 4, 2013, 02:03 PM
I have joined both groups and am going to add the friend codes. Thank you all it's great to know people are still out there.

Currently I am in my 50's and need to find the bakery once more to get my element boost then I'll be set on the good reward quests.

MR_EDU
Oct 4, 2013, 09:38 PM
I play every weekends, but with my time zone its hard to find some players online =/

PSchiZ
Oct 5, 2013, 06:21 PM
I just play when I feel liek eet :U

IsaacUK
Oct 5, 2013, 07:32 PM
I play everytime ... xD

bmac14cuevas
Nov 19, 2013, 10:18 PM
HELLO . im new here. i wanted to play this game . anyone still playing Online?? or can anyone help me join Final phantasy zero group XD ur help would be much appreciated . thanks :D

strikerhunter
Nov 19, 2013, 10:22 PM
HELLO . im new here. i wanted to play this game . anyone still playing Online?? or can anyone help me join Final phantasy zero group XD ur help would be much appreciated . thanks :D

You do realized that this thread was last active over 6 weeks ago, counting it as necroing and is against forums rules right?

Chaos Rappy
Nov 20, 2013, 03:12 AM
Hit the "Groups" tab up top, click on "Final Phantasy Zero" in the groups listing, and then at the topright of the page should be a thing that says "Join Group" or something like that. After that, you should be able to post on FPZ and be another member of the open registration PSZ group. ^_^

Unit 01 AT
Nov 20, 2013, 01:27 PM
You do realized that this thread was last active over 6 weeks ago, counting it as necroing and is against forums rules right?

Posts like this are why I avoided PSOW during the PSU PC days. All of the posters were jerks about little things or hardcore weaboos. (no offense to weaboos)

PSchiZ
Dec 17, 2013, 05:40 PM
I agree...this thread is more-or-less average players now. No need to flip tabuls over some post here. (For the most part) :I

Atbar
Jan 4, 2014, 07:23 PM

Um, yeah, you can use the report button if you see someone violating the rules as listed in the FAQ. I'm thinking though like with the PSO1 sections of PSO-W, the mods are going to be more lenient here because this it is an older game with a section on PSO-World that takes longer for new posts to appear.