PDA

View Full Version : PSP2/2i Questions

ReddMcKnight
Oct 8, 2013, 05:32 PM
Hi. Someone told me that there are a select few who still play PSP2/2i Online still. However, they gave me some warnings, about Fake/Hacking Players, CFW'd PSPs, and the like. Could someone remind me of these warnings? I vaguely recall something about names in Multiple Colors being hackers, but that's about it. Also, how does one get a Little Wing License to play online if they're on CFW? I know it involves being signed into PSN.

Dr.No
Oct 8, 2013, 07:19 PM
Usually cheaters on PSPo2/2i had colored names, or they are players who asked a cheater to do that for them. Other things that cheaters would do is having weapons equipped that do insane amounts of damage, like over 5K or more with a normal hit. They can also have infinite health as well.

In very rare cases, I heard that cheaters can brick your character, I am however unsure of how that occurs. Most of the cheaters were on PSPo2, on PSPo2i they got banned. I wonder if Sega still bans cheaters on PSPo2i? Makes me curious personally since I never bothered getting it.

You do not need to concern yourself with getting a Little Wing License on PSPo2, Sega never activated it online, so you can go online like normal with just an PSN account. PSPo2i does require a Little Wing License, so you'd have to have a JP PSN account to play it. You can obtain one by importing a copy or downloading it off of JP PSN.

Link1275
Oct 8, 2013, 07:24 PM
I don't know what you mean about "Fake Players", but there are a lot of hackers on the western versions of PSP2. The JP version of PSP2 has been shut down. PSP2I(Japan exclusive) does not have many/any hackers online thanks to the fact that SOJ actually takes care of them.

90% of the people that still play online on PSP2 are hacked or hackers. You don't want to play with either, as hackers ruin the game and people that are hacked have no skill level. You DO NOT need a Little Wing License to play online with PSP2, but you DO NEED one for PSP2I.

Other than that though:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185255
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160081

In very rare cases, I heard that cheaters can brick your character, I am however unsure of how that occurs. Most of the cheaters were on PSPo2, on PSPo2i they got banned. I wonder if Sega still bans cheaters on PSPo2i? Makes me curious personally since I never bothered getting it.

They can disable your ability to go online by turning your character into a partner machine in Race and Sex. They can also make visual changes such as players that look like they are always using a Nanoblast or look like they are PMs.

Mike
Oct 8, 2013, 08:08 PM
If you're afraid you've been playing with a hacker or that someone has modified your data, don't save. Saving makes things permanent but if you don't save then you're in the clear. Making backups of your character on your PC is always a good idea too.