PDA

View Full Version : GC: Pet Peeves on PSO

Aries73
Apr 11, 2003, 09:22 PM
Some things that detract from my PSO experience:

1) Trade geeks. If I want to trade stuff I don't need, I'll arrange it in advance. Too many people, though, are taking up room trading stuff (that's duped more likely than not) as if this were Pokemon. Again, I'm all for trading items for the purpose of filling needs or strengthening characters, but the traders I'm talking about don't want to fight. Instead, they just want to collect stuff (even though they can't USE half of it).

2) People using those "Get Hi" symbol greetings. Hello? The shtick is getting old and gets less humorous by the minute. Half of these posers probably don't even use drugs. Stop trying to make yourselves sound cool. that should have passed in 9th grade.

3) People who say "please leave" when someone joins a free team. Hey genius! If you want to reserve a space for your friends, create a password-required team. If your friend leaves the team, do you REALLY think someone is not going to enter?

4) People using obviously duped weapons. When I see a Level 60 Hunter doing 250+ damage on enemies in a Very Hard difficulty, I get a little suspicious. When said Hunter starts taking out enemies before anyone else can get a shot in, that's a big problem in my eyes. That hunter is not only cheating, but he's taking experience points away from others who may need them.

Ryo-ohki
Apr 11, 2003, 09:55 PM
Ack! I know how you feel! Annoying people...expecially the Get Hi symbols X_x

Squall8VIII
Apr 11, 2003, 10:16 PM
You know what pisses me off? Retarded trade requests! I don't really consider: "I need guldmilla 4 trd???" a good trade request...more of a stupid question if ya ask me.

ShadowCaster
Apr 11, 2003, 10:54 PM
What pisses me off is the get hi symbols, how dumb is that? It also makes me mad whensomeone goes anyone have BKB I'm like sure, and they show me a diska, Pdrops and meseta @_@ Oh a and the whole telling someone something then they doing the opposite thing like I said Save PBs k? and the guy used his as soon as I said it and said Lol. >8( Ok thanks for listening to me. But the get hi crap has deffinatly got to stop! Man THAT pisses me off.

mightyJoeDunn
Apr 11, 2003, 10:57 PM
Um Aries? About the hunter/dupe thing? I had a level 58 HUnewearl and she was doing 270 damage with her Yamato +40 in vhard, and I know it's not duped because I can only play offline, I have yet to lay online.

Edit: play

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mightyJoeDunn on 2003-04-11 21:10 ]</font>

CGoodness
Apr 12, 2003, 08:28 AM
whoa...
im level 81 humar i can barely do that (i also use a varista haha)offline only

Aries73
Apr 13, 2003, 05:56 PM
More issues that I can do without:

5) Idiots typing out racist crap in the Lobby. I know I should expect it, being an online environment and all, but why should I have to stand for people writing racist garbage. I put these clowns in the same group as the "Get Hi" folks, insecure idiots trying to look cool.

6) People going into the boss room ahead of everyone else. If anyone deserves to be corrupted, it's fools who activate the boss teleporter when everyone else is still getting ready. Worse, some people are so foolish as to stay in the room when they've been knocked out (to "spite" someone they traded with or something). Immature lowlifes like these deserve to be banned from online play.

LordCronai
Apr 13, 2003, 06:05 PM
On 2003-04-11 19:22, Aries73 wrote:
1) Trade geeks. If I want to trade stuff I don't need, I'll arrange it in advance. Too many people, though, are taking up room trading stuff (that's duped more likely than not) as if this were Pokemon. Again, I'm all for trading items for the purpose of filling needs or strengthening characters, but the traders I'm talking about don't want to fight. Instead, they just want to collect stuff (even though they can't USE half of it).

I definitely agree. The other day me and a friend made a game called MAG Raising. *THREE* people came in and asked if we wanted to trade MAGs. Two of them got the point, but one we had to drill it through his/her skull. Luckily it got filled up with people who can actually read a game's title later.

2) People using those "Get Hi" symbol greetings. Hello? The shtick is getting old and gets less humorous by the minute. Half of these posers probably don't even use drugs. Stop trying to make yourselves sound cool. that should have passed in 9th grade.

I again completely agree. The retards might as well be taking drugs if they're stupid enough to think they're cool for making those god damn symbols and sticking them in our faces all the time.

3) People who say "please leave" when someone joins a free team. Hey genius! If you want to reserve a space for your friends, create a password-required team. If your friend leaves the team, do you REALLY think someone is not going to enter?

You bring up another good point. There isn't really anything to add to this.

4) People using obviously duped weapons. When I see a Level 60 Hunter doing 250+ damage on enemies in a Very Hard difficulty, I get a little suspicious. When said Hunter starts taking out enemies before anyone else can get a shot in, that's a big problem in my eyes. That hunter is not only cheating, but he's taking experience points away from others who may need them.

This is subjective. I disagree on the part where people using obviously duped weapons are bad, I use them myself =P
EXP hogs really piss me off though. Someone level 90 joined my normal game in which I was training my new FOmar and claimed to want to "help" me level, despite the fact that I'm having no trouble at all alone. Ended up killing everything with the J-Sword and not leaving anything for me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LordCronai on 2003-04-13 16:07 ]</font>

UltimateEnigma
Apr 13, 2003, 08:00 PM
i have a level 48 humar n i do 250+ with a single yamato+0 strong attack

what the hell r u talkin about "obviously duped?"

Intimidacius
Apr 14, 2003, 01:52 PM
Intimidacius hates it when people name their characters after anime or video games. Intimidacius could go on about this but in short, Intimidacius hates excessive lack of originality(a little bit is ok). Is it that hard to come up with your own name?

Intimidacius can't feel his legs

HotWaterDeath
Apr 15, 2003, 10:42 AM
Even though Mr. Tin is a traitorous rat..I'll have to agree with him on this one. Make up your own names for characters instead of robbing J.R. Tolkien's closet.

Omni-SqwirL
Apr 15, 2003, 10:52 AM
This might be old, but here are some stuff to add to the list and stuff:

People who use obivously taken names (I.e. Sephiroth, Cloud, Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, etc) - This doesn't tick me off really, but it gets old because I end up with 16 Goku's guild cards and I don't know which one is which.

Elusive_Llama
Apr 15, 2003, 11:36 AM
I get tired of newbs yelling 'lol' every second.

"SD please"

"LOL!!"

"save PB for combo"

"LOL!!"

"res me"

"LOL!!"

CGoodness
Apr 15, 2003, 01:41 PM
i dont play online... what does "res me" mean

Elusive_Llama
Apr 15, 2003, 02:25 PM
Resurrect me, aka. 'vive me' or 'im ded hlep' <- (I'm dead help)