PDA

View Full Version : New set bonuses for new units?

UMVC3_Wolverine
Oct 11, 2013, 08:51 AM
Everyone is talking about the new weapons, but not the units!

Does anyone here have a list I can check out to look at some of the new units and new bonuses?

There's quite a few new units now and all have very low requirements so pretty much any class can wear em it's crazy.

I've looked at some of the new units on the JPN wiki however it doesnt have the set bonuses.

Most of the new units have very similar stats so it seems like it's going to come down to the actual bonus to determined which units ima upgrade to.

Shinamori
Oct 11, 2013, 01:53 PM
http://pso2-jiraisokuho.doorblog.jp/

Has info on new units. Dunno about stats. Have you checked the JP wiki?

Chdata
Oct 11, 2013, 02:02 PM
http://pso2-jiraisokuho.doorblog.jp/

Has info on new units. Dunno about stats. Have you checked the JP wiki?

[QUOTEI've looked at some of the new units on the JPN wiki[/QUOTE]

lul

Your options:

1. Buy the set and see (obviously not a good option).

2. Wait till jp wikis have it.

3. Hope someone already bought a set themselves.

Sp-24
Oct 11, 2013, 02:05 PM
Jp wiki does have stats, but last time I checked, there was no word on whole sets.

And to be honest, I take the current Swiki information with a grain of salt. Vol's units are said to have melee resistance, and Crys' - ranged, which looks like it's been derived from the units' description. While that does make sense, Sega's known for the opposite, like making kitty units, which "provide strong melee defense" have ranged resistance, and Ragne units - melee one.

Guess what I'm trying to say is that I have nothing to contribute on topic. No clue what are their sets like.

Zenobia
Oct 11, 2013, 02:06 PM
Vol's new units are indeed S def based as well as Cry's Units Ranged based no idea on the others though.

Sp-24
Oct 11, 2013, 02:12 PM
"Based", as in "have that defense stat as the highest", or "have that resistance"?

Dnd
Oct 11, 2013, 02:47 PM
The crys draal units at +10 have (equip stats only)

55hp
2pp
173 s/t def
232 r-def

3 set bonus of 3pp/60 to each attack
4 set bonus of 6pp/120 to each attack

Zenobia
Oct 11, 2013, 03:08 PM
"Based", as in "have that defense stat as the highest", or "have that resistance"?

Vol is s def based and has the highest stat in it upon grinding it.

Chdata
Oct 11, 2013, 04:06 PM
I'm working on obtaining a vol set, I'll test the blow res if I ever get all the pieces.

gotta say it's pretty nice, +5 pp and nice defence.

xxmadplayerxx
Oct 12, 2013, 04:59 AM
i found レッグ/リュクスパル seems like there is not information on it yet. but has high amount of T def.

Aine
Oct 12, 2013, 02:06 PM
The best units at the moment are:

Foli Set (recoloured Fegali)
リア/フォリーカット Rear/Foli Cut: Base 211/157/157 +40HP +3PP S-Resist R-Resist
レッグ/フォリーピース Leg/Foli Piece Base 211/157/157 +40HP +3PP S-Resist R-Resist
2-Part Set Bonus: +60RATK +60TATK +10PP

Grome Set (recoloured Blitz)
リア/グロームシンボル Rear/Grome Symbol: Base 184/202/161 +40HP +3PP S-Resist R-Resist
アーム/グロームサイン Arm/Grome Sign: Base 184/202/161 +40HP +3PP S-Resist R-Resist
2-Part Set Bonus: +60SATK +60RATK +10PP

Combine these with the following units which have big bonuses but no set:

Heiremjees (recoloured Varemjees)
アーム/ヘイレムジース Arm/Heiremjees: Base 211/157/157 +10PP S-Resist

Ing Plate (recoloured Dezer Plate)
レッグ/イングプレート Leg/Ing Plate: Base 211/157/157 +100HP S-Resist

For example Forces and Rangers can use Foli/Heirem/Foli for a total +80HP, +26PP, +60TATK, +60RATK, S-Resist and R-Resist.

Rangers and Hunters can use Grome/Grome/Ing for a total +180HP, +16PP, +60SATK, +60RATK, S-Resist and R-Resist.

Note that Cast rangers don't have enough T-DEF to equip Foli at 65/65, and Grome is expensive at the moment (in the tens of millions), so for better cost performance you can use the Calvun set (recoloured Calvaria). Not sure what's good for melee if you want something cheaper than Grome, they can also use Calvun but it doesn't have a bonus to SATK.

The set bonuses above also boost elemental resistance but I'm too sleepy and lazy to look it up. Also the S-Resist and R-Resist on each unit above is presumed to be 4% per part, but that hasn't been tested properly yet.

Chdata
Oct 12, 2013, 05:56 PM
imo, I'm waiting for ruins - quarry to come out before I work on obtaining new units

Who knows, ex dragon wings might be better than burn draal ;o

btw, anyone know the burn draal set effect yet?

Edit: Burn draal set effect:

PP +3
S/R/T atk +60

Most likely double if using a burn draal weapon.

Atmius
Oct 12, 2013, 06:32 PM
Using a heiremjees with foli would give 126pp base, while a leg/whitetail (レッグ/ホワイトテイル: gives 10pp, 260/250/250 s/r/t def at +10 but no innate resists sadly) with gloam would give similar results. A shame it seems that the fob set got screwed over completely on the bonus.

UMVC3_Wolverine
Oct 13, 2013, 03:30 PM
This unit here also seems good and very tanky.

リア/ブルブイレイン

211/157/157 blow resist and gives 100HP :O

The arm one is the same thing. So if you're a hunter can't you throw in these units like this?

リア/ブルブイレイン
アーム/ヘイレムジース (same stats as the rear, but has 10PP insted of 100 HP)
レッグ/イングプレート

With these 3 you have a ton of S-def 200 HP and 10 PP.

Also if i'm not mistaken these 3 units used to be a set, i'm not sure if they still are a set for the SH versions of these units.

Please correct me if i'm wrong.

My hunter is currently using the "fen set" so i'm interested i'm trying out the new one now called "fob set"?

How are these units as a set? The JP wiki still has no info.

Chdata
Oct 14, 2013, 01:09 AM
I did some testing to see if Burn units really have strike resist.

Vs a nab 1 taco Oodan:

King unit (232 s-def) crit against me: 130
Burn unit (232 s-def) crit against me: 126

126/130 = 0.969

1 - 0.969 = 0.03

So it would appear that burn units have 3% strike resist on them. (Equivalent of blow resist I).

Asdfv
Oct 14, 2013, 05:49 AM
The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd hit of the combo loop have differing damage multipliers (supposedly 91%, 89%, and 88%+87% for katana), so that's probably what'd explain your different values for critical hits if you were using normal attacks.

Chdata
Oct 14, 2013, 08:06 AM
O in that case yeh, 3% strike resist on burn units.

suzaku0zero0
Oct 14, 2013, 08:39 AM
What does range or strike resistance from set effect mean? Is it more r or s def?

Kondibon
Oct 14, 2013, 08:40 AM
What does range or strike resistance from set effect mean? Is it more r or s def?

It's a percent reduction of damage from those types of attacks.

Chdata
Oct 14, 2013, 09:22 AM
So do all 3 hit combos for normal attacks have different modifiers like katanas do?

suzaku0zero0
Oct 14, 2013, 11:07 AM
It's a percent reduction of damage from those types of attacks.

Any idea how much oercentage reduction ?

Kondibon
Oct 14, 2013, 11:08 AM
Any idea how much oercentage reduction ?

It depends on the unit or set bonus, so no, I don't know exact numbers.

Imjake
Oct 16, 2013, 12:09 AM
JP Wiki. For someone who trashes on B20 for being stupid, OP sure isn't very bright.

Kondibon
Oct 16, 2013, 12:29 AM
JP Wiki. For someone who trashes on B20 for being stupid, OP sure isn't very bright.

http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%BB%E3%83%83%E3%83%88%E5%8A%B9%E6% 9E%9C

Let me know when you find the set bonuses for the new units. :wacko:

EDIT: I even reread the OP's post. They already pointed out that the JP wiki didn't have them...

Imjake
Oct 16, 2013, 12:34 AM
LOL sorry. I just hate b20 bashers. They all want to pretend they are some elite players and/or that they have been accepted by the JP crowd because the JP players are USUALLY too nice to boot us.

UMVC3_Wolverine
Oct 16, 2013, 01:31 AM
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%BB%E3%83%83%E3%83%88%E5%8A%B9%E6% 9E%9C

Let me know when you find the set bonuses for the new units. :wacko:

EDIT: I even reread the OP's post. They already pointed out that the JP wiki didn't have them...

Yes, the JP Wiki was the first place I checked. I bet that person who came in here for the sole reason of talking shit feel pretty stupid. On top of that the JP wiki still doesn't have the set bonuses for the new units.

LOL sorry. I just hate b20 bashers. They all want to pretend they are some elite players and/or that they have been accepted by the JP crowd because the JP players are USUALLY too nice to boot us.

Come again? I have no clue on what the *uck you're talking about. It almost sounds like you have some past grudge against me yet I don't know or care who you are..lol I take it as a "win" that whatever i did to you must have gotten under your skin pretty badly seeing as you came into a topic that has NOTHING to do with B20 or the JP community.

I also clearly stated in my first post that the JP wiki was the first place I looked at. Next time read before making yourself look like a total idiot.

We are discussing set bonuses here and new units from SH. If you don't have anything productive to say on the topic at hand I would appreciated if you took your hate elsewhere. Let's stay on topic. Thank you ^^

Aine
Oct 16, 2013, 03:08 AM
Comparison of the new units (plus Dot c, which still manages to hold on since the strike resist is so high).

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/6T3T1mN.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

gigawuts
Oct 16, 2013, 07:55 AM
Comparison of the new units (plus Dot c, which still manages to hold on since the strike resist is so high).

So where is this spreadsheet maintained? Is there a site, or do you do it yourself? If the latter where do you get the stats for resists? Any wiki I check just says they have resist without stating exactly how much.

Aine
Oct 16, 2013, 08:36 AM
So where is this spreadsheet maintained? Is there a site, or do you do it yourself? If the latter where do you get the stats for resists? Any wiki I check just says they have resist without stating exactly how much.
Some guy on 2ch does it, I just translated it. I don't think the spreadsheet is public. You can test resist by upgrading a weaker unit which is known to have no resistance until the DEF is equal to the unit you want to test, and then compare damage.

Chdata
Oct 16, 2013, 09:23 AM

Exactly like I did on the previous page, I used a king unit to test the burn unit and let an oodan hit me until I received a critical hit from both armours (max damage).

Then some simple math tells you the % difference.

gigawuts
Oct 16, 2013, 09:27 AM
Yeah I was hoping it was being datamined. Having to acquire and test each unit myself is too much work to satisfy a moderate curiosity, guess I'm waiting for other people to do it for me.

Chdata
Oct 16, 2013, 09:29 AM
Same here, I'm 2poor4armour.

Chdata
Oct 16, 2013, 01:27 PM
Seems like jp wiki has some set effects now.

Kondibon
Oct 16, 2013, 01:38 PM
Seems like jp wiki has some set effects now.

So I was looking at the list and... it seems like some of the older 9* sets add attack stats too. How long have they been like that? ._.

Chdata
Oct 16, 2013, 01:49 PM
I think even Cirnopedia has those lol.

Kondibon
Oct 16, 2013, 01:50 PM
I think even Cirnopedia has those lol.

No, the offensive stat bonuses aren't listed on cirnopedia for the 9 star units. They're all +10 resistance to an element and +10 pp. The jp wiki is listing them as having +60 to two stats or +90 to one. I have most of them so I'm gonna go test it out. :wacko:

XPKun
Oct 17, 2013, 09:45 PM
Anyone wanna translate this (http://i.imgur.com/NMZxqDQ.gif) as well? Has some more data on it but from what I can see is that dotc is still pretty good in terms of strike survivability.

P.S. - I wish 11* unit s-res is there too though from my own experience, it seems to be somewhere around 4% each.

Omega-z
Oct 17, 2013, 10:14 PM
Not sure if the chart is completely correct since the JP wiki has リア/ブルブイレイン at 5% resist instead of a 4% so it could be a 15% and not a 12% so the numbers could be different. the link to the page saying it is 5% http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%96%E3%83%AB%E3%83%96%E3%82%A4%E3% 83%AC%E3%82%A4%E3%83%B3

Update - @XPKun reason why the 11*s are not up there on the chart is because they don't protect as well as those that are on that chart and are easier plus cheaper to get.

UMVC3_Wolverine
Oct 18, 2013, 04:30 AM
Seems like the 11* units are kinda useless now? Aside from their 90/90/90 bonus they seem pointless now.

Not only that it's pain to get them. Kinda feel bad for those people buying EQ passes just to get a set of these. They seem to get totally outplayed by the SH units.

Chdata
Oct 18, 2013, 01:33 PM
It's for the stars I suppose.

Rayden
Oct 22, 2013, 05:04 AM

Are we sure this table is correct? I see a few weird things.

For example, it lists BulbUra as only having 18% wind resistance, while the Japanese wiki lists the Ura units as having 4% wind resistance for each of the two units, and 10% ice resistance as its set bonus. So, it should surely have 8% wind resistance and 10% ice resistance.

Also, it says BulbUra has 0% R-resist. The Japanese wiki says the Ura units give both S-resist and R-resist.

Alma
Oct 22, 2013, 06:53 PM
hmm interesting...
so in term of defense, the new *10 unit flat out beat the *11 pyroxshop?
sometimes i wonder if sega know how to balance things...

but still im holding out till all SH map are released
that way if any new set come out and it beat the currently reelased *10, im not getting screwed over

oh yea did anyone know what new unit to expect on today SH map update beside Noir set?

Chdata
Oct 22, 2013, 07:20 PM
There might be even more color variants of some of the stuff we saw (like a pink luxe set), otherwise maybe not.

Omega-z
Oct 22, 2013, 08:19 PM
Rayden - I'm guessing it's not since theres more then what you have there wrong with it.

Alma - Yeah Sega just does Fan Services to the JP loli crowd. If they kept the way how the armor should of been the 11*s would of been 680+ to equip with better stats. And the new 10*s would of been the 580 - 650 range just like the weapons to balance out the ATK v.s DEF ratio. But They would just cry with not having full power or getting one shot'd because of the lack of defense being a glass cannon. Also if they had made the new armors 11* no body would be able to get them or very little would like Falz and there would be an out cry later. Over all tho it was a bad mistake in what they did.

UMVC3_Wolverine
Oct 22, 2013, 08:26 PM
hmm interesting...

that way if any new set come out and it beat the currently reelased *10, im not getting screwed over

oh yea did anyone know what new unit to expect on today SH map update beside Noir set?

I hope the new maps don't drop a lot of new units. Plus most units comes from universal EC's. So my guess is that more of the same units will drop aside from some specific boss units.

I upgraded my snow banther set 2 days ago to the foli set that was recommended on the second page of this thread it is indeed by far the best FO units atm.

Loving them and I 4 slotted them too so SEGA better not do me dirty!!! >.<

Zenobia
Oct 22, 2013, 09:16 PM
I hope the new maps don't drop a lot of new units. Plus most units comes from universal EC's. So my guess is that more of the same units will drop aside from some specific boss units.

I upgraded my snow banther set 2 days ago to the foli set that was recommended on the second page of this thread it is indeed by far the best FO units atm.

Loving them and I 4 slotted them too so SEGA better not do me dirty!!! >.<

Deh gon do you down and dirty bby!

Alma
Oct 25, 2013, 11:06 AM
welp, i knew it.
on each big update there will be a superior unit update

[SPOILER-BOX]

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5486/10477487794_ce531738b4_z.jpg

[/SPOILER-BOX]

gigawuts
Oct 25, 2013, 11:09 AM
hmm interesting...

New stuff will always be better than old stuff because people can't already have new stuff.

Or do you think they'd allow you to stop battling Dudu to be the very best once a month?

Chdata
Oct 25, 2013, 11:20 AM
There's only one thing that 11* units have up on stuff and that's that they have +90 in 3 stats instead of 2 which is at least useful for me ;o

Plus they're all more 'all class' available now.

Alma
Oct 26, 2013, 10:25 PM
hmm turn out that new unit is not as good as i imagine
regarding Midea set i post the pic erlier, after i acquire arm part from quarry free quest code, i saw no pp bonus in each set

that a straight lost of 16 pp compared foli+heiramjel set
it have lower hidden S resist and also have no hidden R resist according to wiki and jp blog

the only good point of it was +90 T atk bonus as opposed +60 T/R atk bonus foli have

do all that lost worth replaced with the added +30 more atk bonus it carried?
is it wort it? :/

Omega-z
Oct 27, 2013, 06:31 PM
Alma - the Hidden S resist is the same but the Midea has lower S-def stats. I don't like how they changed the stats around compared to the 9* versions. But your right tho that you get 12% to R-def Res. with 16 PP more +10% to dark Res. and more S-def with that combination. I think it would fair pretty good in Seabed using the foli+heiramjel set. The one thing that makes me wonder is the Seabeds Boss it uses Melee + Elemental damage. The Elemental looks like the old school Gi-Zonde/set off Zondeel around each of the Melee attacks that are separate attacks from the Melee strikes. So, Midea "might be" better for Def in there since it has Res. to both Ice and Electric and a better T-def stat.; Otherwise stay with the foli+heiramjel set.

UMVC3_Wolverine
Oct 30, 2013, 09:25 PM
The Foli set is the best hands down for a Force IMO. Sure that new set has 30 more t-atk but 30 t-atk you wont even notice the difference.

The way I see it is, Foli has superior defense and superior PP. That new set only has 30 t-atk more. Not worth it.

That said i'm sure someone will come in here raging at me and ready to tell me that 30 t-atk is HUGE deal and that the damage increase is HUGE and that i'm a scrub for not taking that amazingly high 30 t-atk that = a 100% damage increase.

End of sarcasm.

ChiffonFairchild
Oct 31, 2013, 02:55 PM
You know what the price is for the foli set or the pieces themselves?

ChinaSue
Oct 31, 2013, 03:31 PM
You know what the price is for the foli set or the pieces themselves?

According to current postings:

Rear - 9mil
Leg - 8mil
Heiremjees arm - 4mil

UMVC3_Wolverine
Oct 31, 2013, 04:26 PM
China nailed it. It hovers around those numbers.

Pretty much what I got mine for a week ago.

It's pricy, but you get what you pay for. I'm also loving the "Grome" set on my Hu. Who knew these two piece sets would be so strong in SH =P

Also, for anyone who's planning on upgrading units. I think it's very safe to do. Judging by sega's history with units they seem to last a very long time. I mean look at the ragne/snow banther/varda sets. They came out when VH came out and proved to be great units through all of VH.

I bought the fen set (the one with the mega high s-def) when VH came out and it was one of the best hunter sets through out all of VH IMO.

Sega seems to pump out weapons much faster than units.

In short what i'm trying to say is that your investment is "safe" since high tier units last a very long time.

Alma
Nov 2, 2013, 08:09 PM
i recently aquired all piece of medea and affix it
but strangely enough i often back to equip my foli because the lost of pp is so big :/

UMVC3_Wolverine was right, that +90 (+30 from foli) atk not really noticeable (same effect can be achieved with cake from naura)

also the greatest blow for me was: it isnt enough to cover the pp lost from foli, duh.

UMVC3_Wolverine
Nov 2, 2013, 11:24 PM
Ya foli offers too many things that 30t-atk doesn't justify especially since it's hardly noticeable. It's the current best fo set. I think RA's can also use it. That strike and range resistance is sweet too. Most units just offer one resist either strike resist or range resist.

It should be basic knowledge that the best damage boosters in this game is the %%% based things from skill trees and latent abilities.

Raw static numbers don't give tat much of a boost. Look at how fury stance used to be back in the day just a crappy static number boost. Now it's a %%% based boost making it a TON better.

dr apocalipsis
Nov 7, 2013, 05:14 PM
Yup, but multipliers work over base attack. So 90 bonus attack is noticeable once you apply on them PA/Tech modifier and skill tree boosts.

UMVC3_Wolverine
Nov 7, 2013, 07:24 PM
That's common knowledge, however 30 more static attack doesn't mean anything really.

90 will be a lil noticeable, but we are talking about a tiny difference of 30 atk here...If 30 attack matters to you that MUCH then by all means go with the units that give 90 isnted of 60 ^^

dr apocalipsis
Nov 8, 2013, 09:04 AM
It's not only +30 ata, is also +90 on the others ata. So 11* units works pretty sweet with hybrid classes. More given the low requirementes to equip them.

There is no a debate about flat damage vs % here. That's only for skilltrees.

Omega-z
Nov 8, 2013, 03:34 PM
^ well 11* unit do give 90/90/90 atk. But most play pure type's where there is other units at 90 or higher. For a high bird they would have 30/30/30 or less to atk depending on which stats you go for. 11* from QX are pretty much surpassed by anything in SH and are poorly implemented and are a waste of time to get or do. The units and most of the weapons are only good to get for your Support Character for added HP and power since they go off * value.

UMVC3_Wolverine
Nov 8, 2013, 04:02 PM
LOL, that's exactly what i did. I had 2 11 star units that I got with pure luck from bosses (while selling passes). They didn't go to waste since my SP has them =P

Also, really hybrid classes? Lulz. Most people who want to be good at this game play a pure class. It's a little known fact that hybrid classes in this game arent very good.

People mostly just care about getting an atk boost for their main attack type. and for that we already have 10* units that give 90 attack sure it may not be to all 3 types but who cares. You only really need one.

dr apocalipsis
Nov 8, 2013, 05:04 PM
Techer and Gunslashes say hello.

It's a little known fact that hybrid classes in this game arent very good.

RaHu too.

UMVC3_Wolverine
Nov 8, 2013, 05:33 PM
RA/HU is played with range weapons only. Hu is subbed for the fury stance damage bonuses. RA's don't sub hu to use swords and wirelances as their primary weapons. They only use the all class spear to move around the map faster.

Stop grasping at straws for the sake of backing up your pointless argument.

RA/HU's are only concerned with a R-atk bonus not an S-atk bonus.

This is pretty much the same reason why Gunners sub hu. For the huge damage bonus to their fire power. Not to round around with an all class sword.

dr apocalipsis
Nov 8, 2013, 05:43 PM
You loled at hybrid clases, and both Ra and Gu are actually better subbing Hu than subbing each other.

Also, FoFi is faster than Fote for Tacos and most VH situations. Not that useful now on SH because it is PP starved.

gigawuts
Nov 8, 2013, 06:03 PM
You loled at hybrid clases, and both Ra and Gu are actually better subbing Hu than subbing each other.

Also, FoFi is faster than Fote for Tacos and most VH situations. Not that useful now on SH because it is PP starved.

You appear to be using different terms.

"Hybrid class" can mean one of two things:
1. Uses a second class's weapons that are not the same type as its main weapons
2. Uses a second class for its bonuses to its main weapons and nothing else

You're talking about 1. For 1. to be true a FO/FI would need to be using double sabers, daggers, or knuckles for offense, not dashing (knuckledashing is comparable to multistepping, which can be done with gunslashes).

With 2, well, that's different. It's more like not even having a sub than having a hybrid sub.

GradationAir
Nov 8, 2013, 06:21 PM

I don't really see how using HU sub means using physical attack. Plus GU subbing RA or HU is debatable.

Attacks are built up little by little, 30 attack is still like 1.5% attack.

And, what's wrong with units that adds multiple attack? You don't even have to make multiple units for different classes. If it's that worthless, 4 slot Modulator fodders would sell for 1050.

dr apocalipsis
Nov 8, 2013, 06:58 PM
For example, I can go FoFi with a rod for the entire Amsducia TA, but change to double saber just for Gondas and fallen Gwana, so I can spam Deadly Archer.

From my units I get extra 135 S Ata that helps for those situations.

Also, my rod hits do extra 50 dmg :P

Why no both?

gigawuts
Nov 8, 2013, 07:01 PM
For example, I can go FoFi with a rod for the entire Amsducia TA, but change to double saber just for Gondas and fallen Gwana, so I can spam Deadly Archer.

From my units I get extra 135 S Ata that helps for those situations.

Also, my rod hits do extra 50 dmg :P

Why no both?

The former implies the latter, but the latter does not imply the former.

Unless you're going out with something with zero synergy whatsoever.

UMVC3_Wolverine
Nov 8, 2013, 07:31 PM
I don't really see how using HU sub means using physical attack. Plus GU subbing RA or HU is debatable.

Attacks are built up little by little, 30 attack is still like 1.5% attack.

And, what's wrong with units that adds multiple attack? You don't even have to make multiple units for different classes. If it's that worthless, 4 slot Modulator fodders would sell for 1050.

Too many scrubs in here LOL.

Uhh wut? ^^;

So you're basically saying that because the 11* units offer 90 attack for all 3 types that I can use the SAME set for Fi/Hu, Fo/Te, Ra/Hu? Hahahahahaha!

Yeah because ima rock vol soul and power 3 on my RA/HU....

Think before you speak. Each class needs it's own set of units and affixes that add damage to their primary damage type.

I remember a friend of mine told me yesterday "I wouldn't trust anything people say on psow..." Fuuck now I know why >.<

GradationAir
Nov 8, 2013, 08:15 PM
Too many scrubs in here LOL.

Uhh wut? ^^;

So you're basically saying that because the 11* units offer 90 attack for all 3 types that I can use the SAME set for Fi/Hu, Fo/Te, Ra/Hu? Hahahahahaha!

Yeah because ima rock vol soul and power 3 on my RA/HU....

Think before you speak. Each class needs it's own set of units and affixes that add damage to their primary damage type.

I remember a friend of mine told me yesterday "I wouldn't trust anything people say on psow..." Fuuck now I know why >.<

lol I don't want to hear that from the person who doesn't even know mag abilities a few days ago and was asking people how to affix.

What are you even talking about, in the first place I was talking about how 11 stars are viable to be used as a decent multipurpose unit. Stop twisting things I say. Where did I say you should just make a physical affix and be done with it? Where did I say I suggest it? Show me please?

Just because you use vol soul doesn't mean everyone does. For people who uses modulator, you lose out on 45 attack (60x3 + 45 = 225, 30x3 + 90 = 180). pfft I recall someone saying 30 attack isn't a lot of difference! You lack so much confidence that you're afraid you can't beat a boss due to lack of about maybe 2% attack? Even if your unit only has physical, a full physical vardha set only adds 225, the 11star unit alone gives 90, physical resist, AND very high defense.

Lastly before you say it's stupid because issues like expensive (OH I WONDER WHY is modulator more expensive than Vol? By almost double! It sucks right?), less hp (yeah you totally need it with 11 star units because SH is SO HARD right) some people do it(Before you diss "my" opion, again, I don't use it I don't suggest, I'm just stating some players better than you do use them), and unless you can prove to me that 45 attack (1.5% difference?) difference can produce dramatic differences given someone's base attack passes 2k mark, then I don't agree with you.

I remember a friend of mine told me yesterday "English community takes opinion as facts" Fuuck now I know why.

Think before you talk, geez.

Some people these days just felt to have an obligation to make themselves feel superior by referring other people who don't agree with them by calling scrubs. They always barks first, barks loudest, it's quite unsightly, really.

Well even if I said something blatantly stupid, did you seriously had to stroke your epeen by saying all that?

And before you say anything, no I don't have the obligation to be nice to someone who is an asshole. it's literally impossible to have a civil conversation with them.

UMVC3_Wolverine
Nov 8, 2013, 09:17 PM
"what's wrong with units that adds multiple attack? You don't even have to make multiple units for different classes."

Next time read your own stupid ass comments before posting a long ass rant.

Why would I use modulator, on Fi/Hu /hu/fi? when my main weapons use s-atk? Why would I use Modulator as a FO when I all care about is T-atk? Hell, you even said it yourself it's more expensive than "vol soul" so why would I pay more for extra stats that I don't care about?

Lastly, I love how you're trying to bring other topics that aren't even relevant to the topic at hand in hopes of "jabbing" me LMAO. Yet, i'm the one who lacks self-confidence? You're trying too hard hard to "win" this argument, that's obviously a sign of your weak and pathetic personal low confidence levels. If "winning" silly arguments on psow is your self-confidence booster for the lack of respect that you get in real life then by all mean go right ahead. I'm not going to judge you for it ^^;

...and just for the lulz now, I don't know how to affix? Yup that's why both of my characters are rocking 4 slotted units that are very expensive at the moment and my fo has a 5 slotted weapon. Fuuuck I REALLY suck at affixing >.<; Sure, I didn't exactly know how mag trigger actions worked so you got me man...:( You're much more l33t than me brah. Did that boost your pathetically low self-confidence in real life? I hope it did ^^

GradationAir
Nov 8, 2013, 09:42 PM
Next time read your own stupid ass comments before posting a long ass rant.

Yeah, and nowhere I said about what kind of Affix it should give. You have reading comprehension problems and now you're blaming it on me?

What's wrong with units that adds multiple attack? You don't even have to make multiple units for different classes.

Okay, let's break it down.

1. Where did I suggest using them?
2. "Units add multiple attack" = set effect? Is "Set effect" a unit?
3. Many people pick modulator because they're too lazy to make multiple units, or the their units are simply too superior and rare to make multiple ones for each stat. So it's not "needed" to have 3 sets of units, as you claim it does. If I had a 11star set modulator pwr3 I wouldn't even make other units.

In the first place I just wrote a comment saying Hybrid Units are a viable option, then comes in someone obviously with communication issues felt like he had an obsessive need to defend his zeal and is offended that someone said "isn't wrong" to choose a different option than his own.

Why would I use modulator, on Fi/Hu /hu/fi? when my main weapons use s-atk? Why would I use Modulator as a FO when I all care about is T-atk? Hell, you even said it yourself it's more expensive than "vol soul" so why would I pay more for extra stats that I don't care about?

Maybe you should google definition of multipurpose and stop pretending you know the word, or stop skimming what people say in an arguement.
It's not about you, it's about them. If someone went PWR3 then they'd have as much attack as your FiHu and HuFi, but when you're both Fo they're only 45 atk behind unless you have another 11 star set. They also spent about maybe same as you, meanwhile they're rocking much higher resist and defense.

Maybe it would make your brain explode to apply logical reasoning as to why they're more expensive. (Hint: demand=people are buying=people are using this option)

You got an OKAY 4 slot a while ago only because you got help from this very board your friend claimed to be "not worth taking seriously".

I like how 80% of your rebuttal consists of personal attacks, and you're also the person who started it. I don't even have to explain it for other people to see who's the first person that's being rude, or unreasonable, for the matter.

l33t...fuuuck....brah....lulz....*emoticons*

This is why it's not possible to have a decent conversation with people like you. Thank you for the experience though.

UMVC3_Wolverine
Nov 8, 2013, 10:57 PM
I can only respond to your wall of text with this...LMAO.

Omega-z
Nov 9, 2013, 12:31 AM
You appear to be using different terms.

You're talking about 1. For 1. to be true a FO/FI would need to be using double sabers, daggers, or knuckles for offense, not dashing (knuckledashing is comparable to multistepping, which can be done with gunslashes).

With 2, well, that's different. It's more like not even having a sub than having a hybrid sub.

^ gigawuts this right here hit it on the nail.

GradationAir & dr apocalipsis are talking about multi - use of classes that can use the benefit of using multiple weapons or number 1.

Then UMVC3_Wolverine is talking about what most ppl do and focus only on what they want or certain weapon/s and nothing else or number 2.

Both sides have a point base on different play styles. But the 11* units lost there luster over time with the newer gear which is easier to get. Which is why most use them over 11* XQ's.

UMVC3_Wolverine
Nov 9, 2013, 01:54 AM
That's pretty much the jist of it Omega :) It was pointless to keep addressing him at this point.

I'm glad you understand ^^

Rayden
Dec 4, 2013, 01:59 PM
リア/フォリアプラパ
アーム/フォリアドーレ
レッグ/フォリアコルシェ

Does anybody have any information on how the above three units compare to the other SH ones? These three are new with Seabed I think, and from the stats on the Japanese wiki they look pretty good, especially considering how much PP it gives.

Shinmarizu
Dec 4, 2013, 02:10 PM
リア/フォリアプラパ
アーム/フォリアドーレ
レッグ/フォリアコルシェ

Does anybody have any information on how the above three units compare to the other SH ones? These three are new with Seabed I think, and from the stats on the Japanese wiki they look pretty good, especially considering how much PP it gives.

If I'm not mistake, those are the Tier-2 Chiffon units, and they are quite comparable to the newer 2-unit sets. The stats are nearly identical, as well as the melee and ranged resistance bonuses they grant. The only major difference seems to be elemental bonuses.

However, many people are grabbing a 2-unit sets plus one of the 'variety' set for the additional bonuses and the fact that these new units are rare/expensive as hell.

…..all these new units are expensive as hell. Not really happy about that but I'm learning to deal with it.

Chdata
Mar 21, 2014, 10:03 PM
I did some testing to see if Burn units really have strike resist.

Vs a nab 1 taco Oodan:

King unit (232 s-def) crit against me: 130
Burn unit (232 s-def) crit against me: 126

126/130 = 0.969

1 - 0.969 = 0.03

So it would appear that burn units have 3% strike resist on them. (Equivalent of blow resist I).

I also tested

リア/イェーガービッド +10 grind
Rear / Jaeger Bid

リア/リュクスカルム +10 grind
Rear / Luxe Calm

With Luxe, crit was 104 dmg
With Jag, crit was 102 dmg

102/104 = 0.9807

So ~2% resist. Probably needs further testing.

Just a note: These were all tested against the same attack (the one where the Oodan jump kicks you).

kabutozero
Mar 23, 2014, 08:45 AM
I'm quite sad there isn't a set which gives 60 satk and doesn't need arm piece so I could use the zesshu + arm piece and do 2 sets ._.

gigawuts
Mar 23, 2014, 08:50 AM
That would be why they did what they did.