PDA

View Full Version : Game Anyone here getting pokemon x/y

Meta77
Oct 12, 2013, 12:03 AM
If so we should add each other :D. Im so pumped for this game

AlexCraig
Oct 12, 2013, 09:56 PM
If money I had, then I'd be getting the game. Sadly, I have to wait a while.

Cyron Tanryoku
Oct 12, 2013, 11:36 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/878acb9894a24eb36cd7b33369183f03/tumblr_mul8ijMObE1rl4tj1o1_400.jpg

Wyndham
Oct 13, 2013, 06:18 PM
My siblings and I got our copies in the mail two days before the release. Yay for shipping mistakes!

JamesM
Oct 13, 2013, 07:48 PM
Mine will arive in some hours from now!

Meta77
Oct 14, 2013, 12:23 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/878acb9894a24eb36cd7b33369183f03/tumblr_mul8ijMObE1rl4tj1o1_400.jpg

omg so cute haha :D who did you start with. i got froakie

Cyron Tanryoku
Oct 14, 2013, 12:17 PM
I also got Froakie
I figured out how Game Freak handles their Pokemon these days
The least liked one always ends up with the coolest looking evolution

Chimchar, Oshawott, Froakie
Also thanks for the compliment, I did change a bit though
http://24.media.tumblr.com/9c9823b1ddd24df3e0655e8177210287/tumblr_muo9upp1FT1rl4tj1o1_400.jpg

As close to the girl in my sig as I can get

Meta77
Oct 14, 2013, 03:22 PM
I also got Froakie
I figured out how Game Freak handles their Pokemon these days
The least liked one always ends up with the coolest looking evolution

Chimchar, Oshawott, Froakie
Also thanks for the compliment, I did change a bit though
http://24.media.tumblr.com/9c9823b1ddd24df3e0655e8177210287/tumblr_muo9upp1FT1rl4tj1o1_400.jpg

Yea the ones everyone hates do look the coolest cause they think everyone will go for it. I did it cause he seems to be a good water type
and she looks pretty close on to your sig.

NoiseHERO
Oct 14, 2013, 04:56 PM
I like ugly pokemon in general.

They seem more like...

MONSTERS.

Compared to the pokemon designed for kids to think look cool/people think look cute.

Meta77
Oct 14, 2013, 07:20 PM
i like my human looking pokemons. haha. But the game is kinda easy to level though whew Im having to relearn the whole whos weak to what charts again.

Randomness
Oct 14, 2013, 09:35 PM
i like my human looking pokemons. haha. But the game is kinda easy to level though whew Im having to relearn the whole whos weak to what charts again.

That's easy. Fairy beats EVERYTHING. (Not really. But it curbstomps dragons, dark, and fighting, which is awesome and is why my Sylveon has outleveled my starter)

Tyreek
Oct 15, 2013, 05:25 PM
I was informed by my friend that there is a game breaking glitch if you save in one of the cities. Just a heads up. http://krissi2197.tumblr.com/post/64029190455/warning-for-pokemon-x-y-users-do-not-save-outside

BIG OLAF
Oct 15, 2013, 05:30 PM
I knew Fairy was going to be highly favored, since it's a new type. Steel and Dark were both pretty coddled back in Gold/Silver.

Cyron Tanryoku
Oct 15, 2013, 05:48 PM
Fairy doesn't really appear that much tbh

But it sure changed the game when a Pokemon that use to be destroyed by fighting moves can now take it like a champ

AlexCraig
Oct 15, 2013, 08:48 PM
A couple of my friends got the games recently. Stopped by yesterday and I got to have a hands-on feel with it for a bit. Was gonna take on a gym leader, but my friend said he'd get pissed if I did XD

Atbar
Oct 17, 2013, 06:50 AM
Nah, I'll be passing on this.

Meta77
Oct 17, 2013, 01:14 PM
I just beat the game. Now to power level a doom team. In truth the game was much much easier than past games.
ill post my fc in a bit. going to the doctor atm

Zorafim
Oct 17, 2013, 01:21 PM
Fairy doesn't really appear that much tbh

But it sure changed the game when a Pokemon that use to be destroyed by fighting moves can now take it like a champ

You can get a Ralts early on, and it's part fairy now. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to learn any fairy moves, and is pretty useless until 30.

Also, how are you all fashioned up? I've found two fashion stores so far. One gave me hats (why can't you take those off? Not that I'm complaining...), and the other gave me the option to show my skin everywhere. Where are the dresses, man?

NoiseHERO
Oct 17, 2013, 01:26 PM
. In truth the game was much much easier than past games.
ill post my fc in a bit. going to the doctor atm

Aww...

I actually liked it when the story mode gave a few challenges.

Though I heard they made it so that you don't have to grind your pokemon to level anymore.

Zorafim
Oct 17, 2013, 01:32 PM
They did? That's news to me. They gave exp share early, but each non-battling pokemon gets 10% of the exp given with that.

gigawuts
Oct 17, 2013, 01:48 PM
Leveling is way, way, way easier in this. No more walking in circles in fields - leveling just happens as you stroll through content.

Requiem Aeternam
Oct 17, 2013, 02:47 PM
I was informed by my friend that there is a game breaking glitch if you save in one of the cities. Just a heads up. http://krissi2197.tumblr.com/post/64029190455/warning-for-pokemon-x-y-users-do-not-save-outside

One of my friends told me about this too. Even though I saved multiple times in Lumiose before I heard about this and experienced no problem I haven't done it since. I've actually avoided Lumiose as much as possible since. At least, according to some sites, Nintendo are aware of it and plan on patching it.

Other than this I've been enjoying the game a lot :D

Your character is adorable ^^

Outrider
Oct 17, 2013, 03:22 PM
They did? That's news to me. They gave exp share early, but each non-battling pokemon gets 10% of the exp given with that.

I've read it's actually 50%.

Leveling is way, way, way easier in this. No more walking in circles in fields - leveling just happens as you stroll through content.

This... might make me pick up the game. I haven't finished the last few Pokemon games since I always find myself without a Pokemon of a particular element that's strong enough to help me take on whatever I'm up against. I just don't have the time to grind like I did when I first played Pokemon.

gigawuts
Oct 17, 2013, 03:46 PM
It is 50%, yes. That's a really big part of the faster leveling, since every single thing gets 50% and that adds up fast when spread across 5 other pokemon.

BIG OLAF
Oct 17, 2013, 03:49 PM
...and, like Meta77 said, all the Gym Leaders/Elite Four/whatever are complete and utter pushovers in X/Y. Which is partly disappointing, really.

gigawuts
Oct 17, 2013, 03:53 PM
I think I'd love this game if it had a New Game+ mode. I'd like taking it easy, then taking it challenging.

Cyron Tanryoku
Oct 17, 2013, 04:07 PM
You can get a Ralts early on, and it's part fairy now. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to learn any fairy moves, and is pretty useless until 30.

Also, how are you all fashioned up? I've found two fashion stores so far. One gave me hats (why can't you take those off? Not that I'm complaining...), and the other gave me the option to show my skin everywhere. Where are the dresses, man?
Dresses are in later stores

I shop at the stylish only store in Lumoise City

.Rusty.
Oct 17, 2013, 04:33 PM
Exp is ridiculously easy to get in this game. Money as well once you rank up in the battle chateau.

Also I highly recommend signing up for the Pokémon Global Link site. It has a crazy amount of stat tracking and the poke mile shop on there is currently the same as in game but every thing is half price. Also you can upload photos with out messing with your sd card.

Meta77
Oct 17, 2013, 06:20 PM
512906078683 friend code

Cyron Tanryoku
Oct 17, 2013, 06:31 PM
Also you can upload photos with out messing with your sd card.
When the servers stop being busy

Meta77
Oct 18, 2013, 02:46 PM
Anyone have a luxroy from the old games they would trade. I need one cause my pikachu sucks and it is the only electric type i have.

Alucard V
Oct 19, 2013, 12:37 PM
I've gotten it and it's taken my soul. But that might be a good thing PSO2 was starting to get a lil dull anyway.

レッドファンタシースター
Oct 19, 2013, 10:48 PM
Getting it hopefully Friday! :D

Cast-Hunter-Nimbus
Oct 20, 2013, 12:32 AM
Awwwww,I wish I had a 3DS.Yveltal looks freakin awesome!

Alucard V
Oct 20, 2013, 12:12 PM

http://dvg7rwb00cnlr.cloudfront.net/0551d740-39aa-11e3-8725-068eb5b66a93.jpeg
Closest to the real me as I could get. I think... :-?

Neith
Oct 20, 2013, 01:11 PM
I got it and have beaten Elite Four, caught Mewtwo, Yveltal and Zygarde so there's only Zapdos left (not sure I can be bothered when I have one on White 2 anyway...). Good game as usual, but I do feel it's a bit lacking in post-Elite Four activities. Legendaries seemed way easier to catch as well, I caught Zygarde on almost yellow HP with no statuses with the first Ultra Ball I threw :lol:

There's the restaurant you can battle at but it costs 100k a visit which I don't fancy doing :lol: Kind of wish the game had the same key system as Black/White 2 where you could increase the levels of Trainers/Elite Four.

Guess I can look for shinies :wacko:

BIG OLAF
Oct 20, 2013, 01:28 PM
Yeah, I find myself bored of it already, for the most part. Like you said, there's really nothing to do after you beat the Pokemon League besides catch a few Legendaries.

Of course, I could sperg out and get into the metagame crapola with natures and AVs or whatever they're called, but that's not for me, so I'm out of activities.

.Rusty.
Oct 20, 2013, 01:42 PM
Have you two done the post game story stuff involving looker?

BIG OLAF
Oct 20, 2013, 02:00 PM
No, who the hell is that?

Randomness
Oct 20, 2013, 04:41 PM

After you try out the battle facility and do the post-game rival battle, a plot line starts up when you go to Lumiose.

It's awesome. Puts most of the main story to shame.

Neith
Oct 20, 2013, 06:26 PM
Is the Looker storyline actually long and involved then? I started it but figured it was just a daft sidequest.

gigawuts
Oct 20, 2013, 06:49 PM
Oh cool, a pokemon game with endgame content that isn't just a bunch of randomly generated fights? Nice.

I'm loving the online integration here too. Gettin' myself all kinds of goodies.

Meta77
Oct 20, 2013, 07:40 PM
Is the Looker storyline actually long and involved then? I started it but figured it was just a daft sidequest.

5 mini stories. A few take awhile. the last one prepare for quite a few fights.

Alucard V
Oct 21, 2013, 07:21 AM
Yeah, I find myself bored of it already, for the most part. Like you said, there's really nothing to do after you beat the Pokemon League besides catch a few Legendaries.

Of course, I could sperg out and get into the metagame crapola with natures and AVs or whatever they're called, but that's not for me, so I'm out of activities.

Have you two done the post game story stuff involving looker?

After you try out the battle facility and do the post-game rival battle, a plot line starts up when you go to Lumiose.

It's awesome. Puts most of the main story to shame.

Been there done that and I thought Looker's role came to late in the series. If he were introduced in Pokémon Colosseum which was a den of crime and villainy to start out with it would have made more sense to me. Kind of like Hal in PSU it was a good idea just used at the wrong time.

Who am I kidding; Pokémon Colosseum was epic as was!

Cyron Tanryoku
Oct 21, 2013, 01:36 PM
Did you try online

Speaking of online, VS Recorder thingy here
V2FW-WWWW-WWWX-N5UE

BIG OLAF
Oct 21, 2013, 03:41 PM
Did you try online

Trading? Of course.

Battling? No, I stand no chance against the neckbeards.

Cyron Tanryoku
Oct 21, 2013, 04:18 PM
Then battle the non-neckbeards
:wacko:

BIG OLAF
Oct 21, 2013, 04:48 PM
If I can find a way to differentiate between them, then I will.

Cyron Tanryoku
Oct 22, 2013, 01:12 AM
The best way to find a way is to go crazy and battle as many people as possible.

Some people have informed me my Friend Safari has perfect iv dittos
Jackpot for Cyron's friends

RLbitClassica
Oct 22, 2013, 07:55 PM
I guess I'm one of the few giving this game a pass... The last few games just didn't click with me and this game doesn't look like my cup of tea either.

Meta77
Oct 24, 2013, 11:57 AM
But it is a good cup of tea

.Rusty.
Oct 25, 2013, 06:35 AM
The patch for the lumiose city bug is available now. Just open the eshop and you will be asked if you want to download it. It also fixes the GTS crashing when you use filters.

landman
Oct 26, 2013, 06:28 AM
Where are those friend codes? :-P This game has been my first contact with the series other than Smash Bross, I suppose I always had something to play on my handhelds before lol anyway a friend got the game and I took the bait. Seems like I took my time starting the game, what my friend did in 8 hours it took me 35, how? I have no idea :-o now I'm rushing to finish the game because he wants to know what my third pokemon of the safari is, I'm currently on an ice cave, 2 medals left.

FC: 1203-9326-0736 make sure to tell me if you ad me! (because Nintendo works like this..)

BIG OLAF
Oct 26, 2013, 11:49 PM
If anyone wants to add me, let me know in a visitor message or a PM. I'm looking to get more people so I can see different Friend Safaris. My safari is a Ghost-type with Golurks, Lampents, and Phantumps.

washuguy
Oct 28, 2013, 10:44 AM
Anyone want to exchange friend codes, hit me up. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFOU6rV7Qa0

Neith
Oct 30, 2013, 04:48 PM
My FC is 2723-8867-7186 if anyone wants to add me. Let me know if you do.

I know my Safari Zone is apparently Flying types.

landman
Oct 31, 2013, 02:59 AM
Added, mine again: 1203-9326-0736

And I finished the game yesterday, those are the 3 pokemons in my safari:

Larvesta
Ponyta
Braixen

Neith
Oct 31, 2013, 02:11 PM
Added, mine again: 1203-9326-0736

And I finished the game yesterday, those are the 3 pokemons in my safari:

Larvesta
Ponyta
Braixen

Isn't Braixen the first evolution of Fennekin? I'd heard you could get starters in Friend Safari but never seen a zone that had one yet.

BIG OLAF
Oct 31, 2013, 04:41 PM
Isn't Braixen the first evolution of Fennekin? I'd heard you could get starters in Friend Safari but never seen a zone that had one yet.

Yup, it is. You can get Quilladin, Braxien, and Frogadier in certain Safaris. I don't think there are any others, though.

Landman has one of the better Safaris I've seen. Larvesta, mmmm baby.

gigawuts
Oct 31, 2013, 04:43 PM
You can get gen 1 and gen 6 starters in safaris right now. If have a buddy with wartortles. If you can get others I haven't heard of them, and they aren't being traded. Torchics are available via the promotion.

Tetsaru
Dec 24, 2013, 12:29 AM
Bumping this thread since I've been playing this a lot lately (I have Y version). If anyone else still plays, feel free to add me, though lately I've been breeding like crazy to try and get good IV's on the team I'm building (aside from playing FF14), so I probably won't be battling much yet. Even if you don't play much anymore, I'd still love to get access to more Friend Safaris!

My friend code: 0318-8097-4335

My Friend Safari is Grass-type, and should have Oddish, Stantler, and Gogoat, if I remember correctly.

I'll go ahead and add the people that have posted their codes already; feel free to PM me if you'd rather do that.

Also, I think Pokemon Bank opens up on the 27th, so there should be a lot of people importing stuff from the other games soon.

landman
Dec 24, 2013, 07:50 AM
I've mostly connected every time a friend told me he had to evolve something by an exchange lol yeah I will finish the hunt for pokedex completion some day...

.Rusty.
Dec 24, 2013, 11:16 AM
You can get a free Celebi from pokemon bank so its worth downloading even if you are not planning on using the app.

Neith
Dec 24, 2013, 06:47 PM
You can get a free Celebi from pokemon bank so its worth downloading even if you are not planning on using the app.

!

Nice, and to be honest the price being asked is totally fair in my opinion. Ł4.49 a year in the UK is nothing. X/Y should be more interesting once I can transfer my stuff from White 2.

Edit: Added a few people who gave their codes.

.Rusty.
Dec 26, 2013, 06:32 PM
Poke bank has been delayed due to Nintendo's servers being overwhelmed by new wii u / 3ds and jp poke bank users.

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Nintendo have announced that they have temporarily removed Pokémon Bank from the Nintendo 3DS eShop. This is following the massive influx of users on both Nintendo 3DS and Wii U coming on Christmas, plus the addition of Pokémon Bank causing the Nintendo Network to drive to a halt. This means users cannot download it anymore and currently cannot access the features of the game.. It is currently unclear when Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter will return, or if the western release is delayed. They have made it clear that the 30 day trial for previously registered users will restart when it returns.
Edit @ 13:14: Pokémon Bank is now listed with a release of TBD (To Be Decided) on the North American and European eShops. We'll bring details on this as soon as we can

Tetsaru
Dec 26, 2013, 07:28 PM
Poke bank has been delayed due to Nintendo's servers being overwhelmed by new wii u / 3ds and jp poke bank users.

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Well dayum. Can't say I'm surprised though, I'm sure a lot of people were looking forward to using this.