PDA

View Full Version : The problem with Sega and storage

Avereth CAST
Oct 13, 2013, 02:07 AM
And others items designed to waste your space

I think that it's great Sega gives us a chance to have other ways to get gear if oldschool PSO1 hunting isn't your thing with AQs and XQs and Elder, but with another difficulty released and there very likely being another difficulty beyond that one way into the future, it's starting to bother me how many different imaginary rocks and miscellaneous items Sega is creating, especially when some of them are so difficult to acquire you have to hold onto them for potentially the better part of a year!

200 inventory spaces is very challenging in this game, and it's made things far more complicated than the old PSO with constant new items and gear, quest drops, and fodder items for affixing being a thing. I actually had to use my free 2nd character just to dump 50 bank items onto and get more space and I haven't even run the new XQ because I don't even want to have to cram yet more rocks into my bank that will have to sit for months and possibly never see a use.

Does anyone else find it troubling that so many items are being released that eat up bank space? Why can't XQs have a single basic type of rock and everything needs a lot of that plus maybe one unique rare rock type for that XQ. Instead we get 3 rocks per XQ AND those Catalysts too! With only 1 Extreme Pass a day even being able to use your stones for anything at all is an extreme chore, and there's so many different AQ trade weapons you end up wanting to save rocks for those too, not to mention the fact that AQs are spammable by nature and thus generate lots of stones over time.

This has also become an issue with weapon camouflages. Sega knows we're going to want to collect and hold onto them, but they are taking yet more precious bank space. Lately I have been forced to throw out lots of rare weapons that while functionally useless, I wanted to keep for collecting's sake.

It's a problem with things like a million different cakes and all the random boost items they're always giving us too. I had to just throw out every single cake I had and have been trying to eat all my boosty type items for events faster than Sega throws them at me, but due to my hoarding nature the half dolls will probably waste a slot forever.

And try picking up a whole load of item drop quests, especially ones you only bother sending your support slave out on to finish for you. I have serious issues when I suddenly am getting 10 different item slots filled with that on top of whatever things drop for my regular quests, matterboard items in missions, and untekked things you have to hold onto because you're not sure what dropped it. I plan to get the regular inventory expansion eventually, but Sega does not offer a currently acceptable bank expansion solution.

I don't even want to talk about trying to keep multiple armor sets with different class affixes on them or just to collect.

What do you guys do to deal with this nonsense they put us through? I loathe to throw away some rare weapons as Sega has shown they can and will take a worthless item and make it upgradable with AQ rocks, and that caution has certainly saved me hundreds of thousands of meseta. But even if I do toss every single below 10 star item away they just create more and more to clog my bank with in no time.

Esofor
Oct 13, 2013, 02:11 AM
i thought you were gonna talk about how breaking various types of rocks (like walls of rocks in naberius1 TA) made you lag super hard

get prem, acquire more space

but yeah this game is sometimes called inventory star online

TaigaUC
Oct 13, 2013, 02:17 AM
I've often thought about the inventory problem as well. I foresaw it when I first started playing.

Totally expecting level 65 AQ and XQ to use completely different tokens again, with no way of recycling the old ones.
If there is, it'll probably be something ridiculous, like 500 old ones for 1 new one.

NoiseHERO
Oct 13, 2013, 02:39 AM
What'd I do now?

Macman
Oct 13, 2013, 03:02 AM
It's intentional. Buy Premium and store your rocks in the premium storage today! :wacko:

UnLucky
Oct 13, 2013, 03:12 AM
Don't do AQs that you don't need? I just sell my extras, I don't need to hold onto 2 caves stones forever.

For XQs, don't trade up your stones until you need em.

For trash items, sell them. Rare items, sell them. Room items, use a ticket and shove them in a corner.

If your inventory and bank is full, anything that you don't loot normally will go into temporary storage, where you can hold an unlimited amount of items indefinitely. Not much opportunity to use it, but it can still be helpful.

And if your shop is about to expire, put up a bunch of items for 999billion for extra storage.

Edson Drake
Oct 13, 2013, 03:24 AM
I agree with the OP. I am not a hoarder, but I feel the same.

Yes it's on purpose. I would actually buy additional space, it it was permanent. The way it is now it really tries hard to make the game premium more like a subscription service than a pay-once to unlock.

I am willing to give my money to Sega, but they gotta help us as well.

Inazuma
Oct 13, 2013, 03:48 AM
New items are always coming out, but storage space remains the same. There is no way to get more permanent storage space. You can only rent it. I agree this really sucks. There are a lot of items I'd like to keep in storage but I just can't afford the space so I end up selling them at the NPC.

Ouranos
Oct 13, 2013, 04:27 AM
There's always enough room for the stuff that we NEED, but not enough room for the stuff that we WANT.

Arada
Oct 13, 2013, 05:36 AM
Anything that ends up in the last before one tab of inventories should have a dedicated storage space.
It doesn't need to be big (to not let players store quest items) but it would release a lot of space for all players.

Gama
Oct 13, 2013, 08:27 AM
i always clean up when i get storage full, gotta keep space for them outfits.

Coatl
Oct 13, 2013, 08:35 AM
I hoard all of Franka's and kressida's Turn ins. The space seems fine really..I mean not for me of course, since I have over 50+ items of just turn ins from those two sitting in my storage but yeah.

Gama
Oct 13, 2013, 09:57 AM
you could get the extra 50 items on char inventory
but thats 1600 ac

Nitro Vordex
Oct 13, 2013, 01:40 PM
I guess you better get affixing. That'll solve your space problems REAL quick. Also stop hoarding. I have that problem too, I have a bunch of 1,050 meseta weapons in my bank that I'll more than likely never use, and I gotta go through 'em and NPC them, since I don't have a shop. (Nor feel like paying for one.)