PDA

View Full Version : Questions about farming -.-

ReaperTheRhectoric
Oct 13, 2013, 03:52 AM
ok so ive seen the new 10stars not all that impressed BUT alas the armor units and such do look nice and there are some weapons i need but knowing the drop rates of this game are (insert as many vulgar words as possible) so my intial plan is to step1. spam aqs for stones A caps=forest b=caves/tundra c=fc and desert step2.use stones to turn the 9star weapons into 10 star weapons and 10star weapons into excubes step3.turn excube in 250% rare drop boosts.....Now the problem is 1.What would be the best way to use the 250% boosts say if im farming armor or weapons that drop from bosses 2.is there anything wrong with the aqs i have chosen to farm and 3.is there a easier way to get good gear without an EXTREME amount of b.s i understand u have to work for it to a certain extent but is it supposed to be this difficult? ty in advance.....p.s and dont suggest getting prem -.-

Macman
Oct 13, 2013, 03:56 AM
I only ever use rare boosts in XQs. It's pretty much the only guaranteed way to get positive results from it (more stones).
I mean, even if you get a rare while a booster is active, can you really be sure you got it solely because of the booster?

Also intentionally trying to farm for a certain drop in this game is the quickest way to lose your sanity and burn yourself out.

KazukiQZ
Oct 13, 2013, 06:15 AM
@Macman
That last part...True story ._.

All useful rares that I got so far are without any usage of Booster (some are obtained during Boost Week). Then, I never get what I want, but another class super rare drop did drop x(

Gama
Oct 13, 2013, 08:26 AM
Also intentionally trying to farm for a certain drop in this game is the quickest way to lose your sanity and burn yourself out.

this.

Punisher106
Oct 13, 2013, 08:32 AM

I didn't even get to farming it, and that already happened with me and the Sange. ._.

KuroKanden
Oct 13, 2013, 02:58 PM
Chances are you'll never know until you try.

A friend of mine has gotten 4 Icarus, 1 Iblis, 3 Brands and 3 Revolvers during boost week...while another friend of mine - 2 Icarus, 2 Revolver and an Iblis. He also recently got a dragon slayer ; bare in mind those were all without boosters.
While I on the other hand have used a 250% with full lucky rise, gotten four bursts throughout the half hour duration and recieved absolutely nothing. RNG my friend. =p

Avereth CAST
Oct 13, 2013, 05:05 PM
Generally rare boosters only show a difference for trashy rare drops from my experience. I got quite a valuable load of rares to sell from the boost weeks without using any rare boosters unless the boosters were running from a falz(which is a complete waste but you have to pick something to waste them on I guess).

I did find a parasol and yas9k in wind and rain while under boost effects, though. As some have said above, the most obvious boost they give is from XQ rocks dropping more, though sometimes this will run into the 99 rock limit per run if you're over boosted.

I...really don't suggest going to all that effort for trading 6 cubes for a 250% boost because in the time and effort it takes to get 6 excubes you're only getting a 2.5 multiplier on rares for....a half hour. It would be just as effective grinding an area for 2 1/2 hours at 1.0 rates really, and it will take longer than that to get 6 excubes.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 13, 2013, 07:20 PM
I didn't even get to farming it, and that already happened with me and the Sange. ._.

I'm waiting until there are more confirmed drop sources out of the new XQ for sange before I try.

Could be a long time though. It was only a little more than a month ago the floor 5 rockbears were confirmed to drop daisy chain from sylvan wyverns...

Railkune
Oct 13, 2013, 08:40 PM
Rare boosters? Use them in XQ. I have tried far too many times with the "maybe this time I'll get something. it is 250%" mindset. I get more rares with no boosters than with them (and again, only XQ has proved any positive results).

DigestNeko
Oct 13, 2013, 11:04 PM
Is it possible to exchange 10 star weapons from the rare stone shop to excubes?
I know that you can't sell 10 star weapons from the rare stone shop in player shops.

If its possible, i've been missing out on a lot of excubes.

Macman
Oct 13, 2013, 11:38 PM
Yup, you can turn pyroxenes into excubes.