PDA

View Full Version : Bastard Monsters

Malachi
Apr 12, 2003, 01:35 AM
Just a small question, sorry if this sounds a little n00bish (I'm not a noob, I just don't visit communitys for games alot, I mainly rely on my own skill):

I'm a Level 39 (right now I am) HUmar, SecID Oran, Kama Mag level 52: I was wondering if there was an eaiser way to get rare items than just walk around Randomly assaulting enemys. I have the Delsabre's Buster +8, but I ask this question because I want to find a Delsabre Left Arm so that I can change it into the Barrier.

I noticed that people are finding rare items like there's no tomorrow, and I was thinking that maybe there was some kind of trick to it. Even on Hard mode I find nothing more rare than Claws in the forest. : Thanx, ^_^

-Eden-
Apr 12, 2003, 01:38 AM
Well, mainly its because of duping. ALthough most of the legitimate stuff can be found by doing the telepipe trick. I'm pretty sure theres a guide on it on PSOW. Haven't looked it up myself though.

Delsaber
Apr 12, 2003, 01:42 AM
Just give it time, I am on Ultimate and have found Last Survivors and that is it! Last Survivors are also what I found on hard mode! Just keep on keeping on... You'll find something eventually.

Malachi
Apr 12, 2003, 01:47 AM
Ah. Ok thanx. ^_^
I don't know what's up with people and duping items, it sort of reminds me of playing Diablo & Diablo II online. Personally, I like to stay legit as possible.

Malachi
Apr 12, 2003, 01:58 AM
Ah, I found it. ^_^
Kick ass, I found an Al Rappy and it dropped a [?]SPECIAL WEAPON which turned out to be the INFERNO BAZOOKA. ^_^ Thanx for the tip.

Btw, for anyone else passing through this topic, the direct link to the guide is: http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=723

Thumbalina2k
Apr 12, 2003, 02:02 AM
pretty soon it will all come to you. I have no problems finding delsabers right & left arms, i get em all the time. When you get up there you will see them in tons of places http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I know when I got to Ult, i kept finding rares up the ying-yang

Malachi
Apr 12, 2003, 02:17 AM
That's kool, then I can give some stuff over to my friend. When he comes over we do the Multiplayer mode, his best weapon is the Boomba's Claw right now, but I'm trying to get ahold of another Arm to turn into a buster right now. I'm glad I've got the Gamecube version or else this Telepipe trick would be hell on loading. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Captain_Anarchy
Apr 12, 2003, 08:23 AM
yes, duping on pos was very simialr back in the old diablo 2 days but for one big difference, BLIZZARD DID THINGS ABOUT IT. blizzard was a good company that valued its online customers and would do things to stop duping at any cost. Semms kinda weird since diabloe 2 was free to play online and pos is 9 bucks a month hey

Blue-Hawk
Apr 12, 2003, 09:39 AM
like someone said, give it time. 100+ runs through various areas yielded the things i wanted. patience grasshopper.

LamerPanda
Apr 12, 2003, 09:42 AM
Hm, only in Hard?

Rarer items tend to show up in harder difficulty levels. Just hang in there and you'll find something. ^-^

Personally, I didn't find a Delsaber's Buster until VH Ruins, but I think I have something like 3 Delsaber's Shields.

There's also an Enemy Parts Location guide... *digs*

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=665

Hm, looks like it should show up in Hard Ruins for you. =D

Clef
Apr 12, 2003, 10:50 AM
Seems to me that for every 10* or higher rare that I find, I'll find at least 20 9* rares. It took me a long time to get some of the stuff I wanted, like my god battle. The higher the difficulty, the more likely to get a better rare. At least this is what I think.

I don't know if this will help, but I tend to have better luck in finding the nice rares while doing quests. Unfortunately episode 2 doesn't have this luxury so you'll just have to do countless runs in ep 2 to get what you want. Like everyone else said, it takes patience. My advice is to level up a lot, then do quests that have the higher number of the monsters that drop what you're looking for. If you're powerful enough you should be able to fly through the quests over and over again. Still though, that's no guarantee.

My fonewearl is level 137 and can fly through ult seaside. She's a skyly ID and I've killed the gi gue several hundred times and still have never gotten a sealed j.

JubeiSR
Apr 12, 2003, 11:29 AM
Yeah me too i'm a level 92 Purpulnum and the only thing i have is Mech guns.
I don't know how many times i have gone through fprest to fight 3 tollaws to ge a Lvis cannon.
Hey umm which hand is the buster right or left?
and how do people get the quiz thigies on their
quote?

Malachi
Apr 12, 2003, 05:34 PM
The buster is the right hand.
It's strange though, because I was on normal mode, and the first time I ever came across the Delsaber, I took his arm. Too bad the weapons don't have slots like they do on Diablo II, but I'm happy with it how it is.

On the older Dreamcast version of the game, I used to play as one of my friend's HUmar characters and play on Ultimate alot, but the Dreamcast version cannot compare very well to the newer fixes and updates that they brought out for the new line of consoles. ^_^

Delsaber
Apr 15, 2003, 03:16 PM
That Delsaber's Buster, if used with the shield, gives you 700 ATP ungrinded... Just a thought, that is some powerful stuff, for that weapon.

Malachi
Apr 15, 2003, 04:47 PM
Exactly http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif And that's why I'm trying to find the other arm still. ^_^

kyoshori
Apr 15, 2003, 05:04 PM
well i dont belive in tricks.
but today i found like 5 rare weapons 2 of then were animals parts.
im only in hard mode.
and another thing. i belive in the ID section specials.
im a Redria..so i guess i can find alot of rare weapons..lol...
i thing so..?
you dont?

Muku6
Apr 15, 2003, 05:23 PM
Question: Do you have the capability to get online?

Delsaber
Apr 15, 2003, 05:27 PM
Skyly must get rares slow or something, I don't find much of any thing (rares). I am on ultimate mines and the best weapon(s) that I have found are Guilty Light(1) and Red Dagger(1). >:|

Malachi
Apr 15, 2003, 06:25 PM
I'm an Oran, and I only find rare items like once in every 200 monsters or so, kinda irritating. Btw, if anyone is a Greenill, do you come across Grinders alot? My friend Christian picks one up off of ever 10 monsters he kills, his Safetey Deposit Box has tons of them in it.

I seem to find alot of rare items in the Mines, I killed two Gilchic in a room of 3 of them, and picked up a Secret Gear off of both of them.

hawaiianPride
Apr 15, 2003, 08:48 PM
[quote]Skyly must get rares slow or something, I don't find much of any thing (rares). I am on ultimate mines and the best weapon(s) that I have found are Guilty Light(1) and Red Dagger(1).
Im a 79 skly HUmar in ultimate forest on GC, but im gonna switch to PSOX tom. And to find your rares you just gotta keep doin the level over again until u will rarely find a new rare. I get an average 1 rare per run. And ive gotten, 3 angry fists and 1 dragon slayer since yesterday. And i also got a Yamato from a V-hard dragon, if u want that? just keep killing the dragon until u get it. I may get alot of dupes but i usely only get dupes from the most common Moster in the level. Since your a Skyly you'll probobaly get a stag cutlery from a gulgus in ultimate.