PDA

View Full Version : Spellsword/burst caster (Fi/Fo-Fo/Fi) question

DAIKO
Oct 16, 2013, 07:51 PM
For starters, please don't just say I'd be better off picking one or the other pure casting or pure smashing. I heart hybrids. They do less damage in the long run (sometimes) but I have more fun and to me, and many others, that's what a game is for. Anyway...

So I am working on a Fi/Fo spellsword and I just picked up a new mag to make this work. I also just got lucky enough to pull an Amun Ra Rod. So with this rod, I can play as a fighter dealing sub-par melee damage (in comparison to Fi/Hu) and I can also be casting offensively for long range (which Fi and Hu lack considerably). So essentially, I'll have the median of both worlds, I know what to do skill wise but here are my questions...

A) Mag-wise, what should I do? Originally, I was going to do pure T-Atk so maximize casting and actually enjoy a pure burst damage Fo (especially if I pick up another tree for Fi). However, I won't be able to equip Amun Ra or any other DEX based items until LATE game when it's less useful. So T-atk + Dex or S-atk + T-atk + DEX or Pure T-Atk? Opinions?

B) It comes to my attention that the ONLY Fighter weapon with T-atk is like a 20mil meseta double saber...I'm not going to be able to afford that (and that's if I ever even get premium). So equipment wise, what should I do? (Late-game of course). Is amun-ra my best rod to use realistically? As a Fi/Fo I mean. As for armor, I was thinking Agrani with Ragne, Tech II+, Stam boost, Blow resist III (on a bit of a budget, I'm not wealthy by any stretch of the word. Any opinions on late game armor? (with a slight budget in mind? lol [which means no more than 2m per armor piece unaffixed])

C) Overall thoughts on the Spellsword class option? Has anyone out there had a successful go at this?

Thanks for any information on this and any suggestions :D

gigawuts
Oct 16, 2013, 08:13 PM
Actually, you have a few options here.

That double saber with tatk is pretty underwhelming. You can instead opt for two of the Amen weapon series. There are 3 in the series - a partisan, a double saber, and a rod. They all share the same exact model, and can all be equipped by hunter, fighter, and force. The Amen Hotep is a fairly strong double saber with a smidgen of tatk, and the Amen Ra is a pretty decent rod (especially for something a fighter can equip in that price range).

I think you can switch between them without any weapon switch lag, which is why I mention using both. It should be amenable to swordspell gameplay.

DAIKO
Oct 16, 2013, 08:48 PM
Hmmm, that's a good idea, plus they look awesome. What's your opinion on the MAG situation? If I go Pure T-atk, I have the option of burst and as a Fi-Fo, my T-atk and S-atk will have a smaller gap, which is somewhat ideal. However, I won't be able to use those awesome DEX weapons or DEX units until way late game. So should I have the Mag be T-atk + DEX, Pure T-Atk, or Tatk+Satk+Dex?

EDIT - To be honest, maybe only the T-atk + Dex or Pure T-atk Mags are real options since Fighter adds so much S-atk to base stats anyway. So that's my biggest current concern to add dex or not to add dex @.@

Sandmind
Oct 16, 2013, 08:55 PM
A) Mag wise, if you're going to mix both style, you will probably end up with a mix of Satk, Tatk and some dex to equip weapons, with the rest pooled to boost your favored damage type.

B) That double saber is from rare bal rodos, which is why it's so costly due to very low stock. Like Gigawuts said, ringarda's double saber also got 190 ish Tatk at +10 (similar to the polearm), but cirnopedia forgot to list it.

Otherwise, jpn wiki got info on some new weapons from SH, with a new stronger rod that FI can equip (http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=fr&rurl=translate.google.ca&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php%3F%25E3%2582%25AB%25E3%2582%25B8%25E3%25 83%2590%25E3%2582%25B4%25E3%2582%25B3%25E3%2582%25 A6&usg=ALkJrhjXmz_EDMIxYpnMlP8tcSx8cAfe5g) (420 Tdef), pp regen potential and 988 S/Tatk at +10 from both kuklonada and cyclonada. And this knuckle (http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=fr&rurl=translate.google.ca&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php%3F%25E3%2582%25B9%25E3%2583%2588%25E3%25 83%25AD%25E3%2583%25B3%25E3%2582%25B0%25E3%2582%25 B4%25E3%2582%25B3%25E3%2582%25A6&usg=ALkJrhjqCchDokfxwo-7WKganCnoqzadWA) can also be used by FO, dropped darker crab, has 1010 Satk and 570 Tatk at +10, with also pp regen potential and requiring 420 Sdef to equip.

It might help to know what you're planning skill tree wise. For FO, an hybrid tree might sound better, while FI got quite a few option with Chase advance related skill or the Satk up for FI weapon instead of being taken from your mag.

Edit: SH ruin to quarry are just around the corner, same with seabed. So even more new weapons and units to choice from if something nice show up for your build.

SociableTyrannosaur
Oct 16, 2013, 09:56 PM
Actually, you have a few options here.

That double saber with tatk is pretty underwhelming. You can instead opt for two of the Amen weapon series. There are 3 in the series - a partisan, a double saber, and a rod. They all share the same exact model, and can all be equipped by hunter, fighter, and force. The Amen Hotep is a fairly strong double saber with a smidgen of tatk, and the Amen Ra is a pretty decent rod (especially for something a fighter can equip in that price range).

I think you can switch between them without any weapon switch lag, which is why I mention using both. It should be amenable to swordspell gameplay.

icwutudidthar

DAIKO
Oct 16, 2013, 11:34 PM
You just made my day....knuckles with T-atk....<3 That's all I ever wanted, lol. I was dissapointed to see that only double sabers and swords have t-atk (according to cirnopedia), so I'm also relieved to find out about the BluRing Double saber's T-atk Smidgen (which is cool because his soul is useful for this build idea, although I'm considering going pure T-atk affixes to try to lessen the gap of S/T-atk on the weapon.

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06qCbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkIYfb xIY7bIn0000000jebsbGBcBGFIb2Nibr0000fb000000lb0000 084OI22SqxgAIAbncAgKfqn0000lb0000000Ib000008

So two queries I had as I was revising the skills, both Fo and Fi have new skills I haven't really heard much about:

Fi - Chase advance plus - I'm sure it's just more melee dmg vs. Status effected mobs. If not this, then just added S-atk or HP (more likely S-atk).

Fo - Higher T-atk up - I didn't realize how easy(ish) it was to make it down to this new skill. At 65 you can cap it out. If that's not worth it (since I don't know much about it), I can reinvest into T-atk up normally or maybe photon flare (although, that's another skill I hear very little about.)

Lastly, the mag, I was thinking either S/T/Dex - 50/75/50 or 0/100/75 (this second plan will allow me to a) equip Dex based items like the amun stuff earlier on since my char will have 411 dex base at 65/65 x.x also, as a Fi main, I'll have enough S-atk from my skills.

Thoughts?

By the way, I really appreciate the help on planning this character. So far I love being able to switch back and forth between casting/smacking and being at least on par with both. Hopefully I can maintain this in late-game efficiently.

UnLucky
Oct 17, 2013, 12:08 AM
Well there's also the Green Duel Gaze but heh, 420 Dex requirement. That and it has no melee aspect, so yeah. It's all class and fairly powerful, letting you take advantage of Talis Bonus, but it wouldn't be all that much better than the Amun Rod (which wouldn't require 5 SP).

I think I would change the build like this. (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06qCbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkIYfb xIY7bIn0000000jebHoGBcBGKIb2Nio0000ib000000lb00000 84OI22XqKgAhnbobnIx00009b0000000Ib000008)

Which element do you plan to use the most? I think you should pick one or two so you don't spread your damage any weaker.

I filled out the Stances since they boost all damage as opposed to Chase Advance+ which only boosts Striking against inflicted enemies. It's 5% vs 15%, though, so it's your call. Adrenaline means an uncharged Shifta becomes a full minute (on yourself), so a single point is perfect for this kind of thing.

T-Atk Up isn't really worth it. You're better off with more points in the Mastery of your choice, though if you seriously plan on using all three then that complicates things. High Up may be useful in that case, but just forget about it if that's the only reason you're going down the Ice tree.

Photon Flare is especially bad, though. It's about the same effectiveness as regular T-Atk Up, only you have to activate it and it doesn't work towards equipment requirements nor is affected by Shifta or other buffs. The only time it would ever be a reasonable thing to have/use is during a boss fight or otherwise never using a tech without the skill active.

DAIKO
Oct 17, 2013, 12:43 PM
Noted, I haven't heard much about the new T-atk up or the New Chase Advance skill so it was half out of curiosity even. I can't even find anywhere that has decent information on them.

As for opting out of the chase advance II, I don't like the idea of capping out the first wise/brave stances because the damage is fairly mundane. What's your opinion on capping brave critical instead? Because this will not only effect my striking crits, but also my casting crits, making it a possibly more versitile skill choice. %20 more likely to do max damage is fairly mundane, but if/when that does proc from casting, the damage will be much more noticeable then when I'm using a weapon.

Anyway, here's my revised version with your tips in mind. (I completely agree with the force ideas though. I figure if I stick to fire/Lightning, I would be a slighly more versatile caster that only capping out fire (which seems like the best element to cap out since darkers are almost always weak to it).

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06qCbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkIYfb xIY7bIn0000000jebHBGBcBGKIb2Nio0000ib000000lb00000 8tBIk2SIxjcAcAIxIb00007b0000000Ib000008

Also, opinions on the MAG? with 0 S-atk on the mag, I'll still be able to use almost all the fighter weapons until of course they release a 12 star requiring 700 like they did with the hunter. SO with 0 s-atk, 100tatk, 75 DEX, I'll be able to use those Dex Req. items faster and my T-atk will have a smaller gap with the S-atk.

Edit - That skill tree up there is w/o the shifta critical, that was just an after thought. When I read about the burst caster, they do both the criticals instead of chase and they also mentioned most of the time, it's brave stance that effects the casting since I won't be doing much sneaking behind to cast, it will likely be from afar and in front. I think that might be more effective than Chase Advance II, but is a definite competitor with the capping of Brave/wise.

gigawuts
Oct 17, 2013, 01:36 PM
Honestly, I think you may be better off playing hunter/force or hunter/techer for this. A few reasons:

Madame's Umbrella & Court Edge D are both good weapons (MU for satk, CED for tatk). If you get Sword Gear you can dash between enemies using Guilty Break like nobody's freaking business.
Neiclaws are nice wired lances with some tatk as well.
Then there's the Amen Tomb. It's the partisan in the Amen series, and you can use it the same way I mentioned swapping between the Hotep and Ra.

All of these weapons can use Just Guard (even to interrupt technique charging I believe), which is very handy.

With regards to the skilltree, some things change. Firstly, your melee damage will be considerably higher, and you won't need to deal with Fighter stance dancing. Secondly, your tech damage bonus will suffer - you'll go from a 44% bonus to a 20% bonus. I personally find this acceptable since you gain so much more melee damage.

If you sub techer you can use Element Weak Hit to get a 20% damage bonus on your melee weapons with the correct element for a given enemy. Without the correct element, well...unfortunately this game just doesn't cater to hybrids very well. They forgot everything they learned in PSO1 a long, long time ago.

DAIKO
Oct 17, 2013, 01:53 PM
Yea, even PSU had better hybrid options :/

Well I think I'm going to stick the Fi/Fo, mainly because A) I'm hoping to not really excel in one over the other and I think this is the best way to keep it that way and B) I love fighter weapons :)

Also, subbing techer as a melee character would probably be the most expensive choice I ever made :p

I do love swords and maybe when I get another tree for hunter, I would give this a shot (my main tree for hunter is for my other class setup Gu/Hu. So Hu is pure damage and I can't risk scooting over there to get the sword gear (even thought I think about it all the time) just so I can have more fun with swords from time to time.)

gigawuts
Oct 17, 2013, 01:57 PM
Why would subbing techer be expensive? If a rod is allclass it doesn't matter which classes you main or sub, as long as one of the classes enables techs.

Darki
Oct 17, 2013, 02:23 PM
Yea, even PSU had better hybrid options :/

Well I think I'm going to stick the Fi/Fo, mainly because A) I'm hoping to not really excel in one over the other and I think this is the best way to keep it that way and B) I love fighter weapons :)

Also, subbing techer as a melee character would probably be the most expensive choice I ever made :p

I do love swords and maybe when I get another tree for hunter, I would give this a shot (my main tree for hunter is for my other class setup Gu/Hu. So Hu is pure damage and I can't risk scooting over there to get the sword gear (even thought I think about it all the time) just so I can have more fun with swords from time to time.)

Define "hybrid". If by that you mean a Fortefighter with resta and useless fireworks that couldn't even hit multiple hitboxes while a 10cm dagger could, sure. In PSU I sticked to Wartecher for all the game's lifetime hoping that they'd balance melee and tech damage, so I could use both accordingly, and all they did was to keep buffing the melee damage. And don't get me started on Guntecher, because the fact that they gave them double sabers (wtf, SEGA?) instead of S-rank cards speaks for itself.

The only thing that PSU got better in terms of hybridation was weapon types and dual-wielding, which is the only thing I'd wish they had made this game with.

In PSO2 I've been playing a FO/HU from the day they released the subclass system and I'm very satisfied with the result. I've leaned towards tech damage, since melee is more gimnicky besides raw, burst damage, and even doing lower numbers I feel that my damage is sufficient (enemies still go down in a single combo of either sword or WL). In fact, I do feel that my damage is very close to 50/50%, if you compare the time it takes to drop a Namegid over a couple Over Ends.

UnLucky
Oct 17, 2013, 02:36 PM
Why would subbing techer be expensive? If a rod is allclass it doesn't matter which classes you main or sub, as long as one of the classes enables techs.

Well, if you're not matching elements, Techer isn't much better than Force for Hunter, but its techs are worse. So to reliably get that bonus, you'll need multiple weapons, which is expensive. Without EWH, subbing Techer is not a fair trade between the two attack types unless your only tech is Namegid.

DAIKO
Oct 17, 2013, 02:39 PM
Subbing techer would be expensive because I would need to get good melee weapons of all attributes to make sure that 20% actually applies.

Also, Fo/Hu sounds pretty viable considering they both increase their respective damage considerably.

gigawuts
Oct 17, 2013, 02:58 PM
Oh, no, you wouldn't need all elements at all. Something fire, something lightning, something ice, and something light will cover pretty much everything in the game with the exception of floating continent. You're already going to have 3 melee weapons minimum, four if you get both a CED and MU.

Darki
Oct 17, 2013, 03:00 PM
Also, Fo/Hu sounds pretty viable considering they both increase their respective damage considerably.

I might be partial to the class since I just love swords and I despise playing with support caster types (have nothing against them when I'm not the one having to use them <_<) but I think it's a really fun combination.

Currently I'm going with three weapons, sword, wired lances and talis, although I guess using the Amun type weapons should be very nice as well if you wanna use partisans and rods (I don't really like partisans, and I've gotten used to cast with either the sword for dual combos or the talis for higher damage, so no real need for rods here unless I got myself something l33t enough).

I would be much happier reminiscing my good ol' WT days if I had access to bows as well, but we can't have everything.

Sandmind
Oct 21, 2013, 09:38 PM
Some day ago, I was thinking that a FIFO ice tree could be fun, mixing gi/rabarta with the melee atk. And now I remembered that freeze keep should also apply to SE on weapon. Making ice cube wall with FI fast multi hit atk sound fun (and the only practical way for a melee to get some use from freeze).

CypheX
Oct 29, 2013, 03:32 PM
Hey all! Figured I'd revive this thread as building a Fi/Fo is something I'm very interested in.

(Also, first post! Hi, everyone!)

I recently started playing PSO, and am planning to build a character that's build like http://goo.gl/0KuY0h or like http://goo.gl/0KuY0h (which seem to be the general go-to builds for a spellsword hybrid). I found one of those earlier on this thread, and the other in the stickied Official Build Thread.

I am extremely curious about MAGs, though, particularly because I don't want to mess mine up! The primary decision-point for leveling you MAG is "what equipment do I want to equip in the endgame?" and I'm not really sure what to look for. The Fighter weapons that give T-attack all require "DEX/Ability" to equip, right? So ideally I'd pop in just enough DEX to equip said weapons, and then toss the rest into T-Attack? Or should I be mixing T-Attack and S-Attack, in order to get more balance out of the character?

Conversely, are endgame items easy enough to equip without having to worry? And I should make my primary focus for my MAG getting good Support Abilities, like "HP Recovery A" and "PP Recovery H" and the like? I'm very unfamiliar with the endgame, and would sure hate to have "the wrong MAG" when I get there.

Thank you for your help, by the way! N00bs like me really appreciate the guidance you gents provide!

Terrence
Oct 29, 2013, 07:48 PM
I was thinking that a FIFO ice tree could be fun, mixing gi/rabarta with the melee atk. I remembered that freeze keep should also apply to SE on weapon. Making ice cube wall with FI fast multi hit atk sound fun (and the only practical way for a melee to get some use from freeze).
I'm currently playing this way (with my other Trees than my main ones). Here's MY BUILD (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06hDbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbnIkb3IkbnIkjcqb d7bIn0000000jebrbGAIbqssOfGDIo0000ib000000lb000008 kbI22SGFgAhnIkfgAborA0000lb0000000Ib000008). I play with a Dancing Hitogata +10 (Talis) as an Ice FOrce and I do great damage thanks to Brave/Wise Stance, Talis Tech Bonus and both Ice Mastery. But I wanted to be more plurivalent with melee weapons. Freeze Keep only applies if FOrce is your Main Class, by the way. And I didn't take Chase Advance which would have made wonders with Freeze SE because I really wanted to test PP Slayer (and it's pretty good). So, with Amun Hotep (Freeze I, Quartz Soul, Power III, Stamina Boost) and Nishiki (Freeze I, Quartz Soul, Power III, Stamina Boost) with Deadly Archer, Illusion Rave 16 (687% -> 1027% from 15 to 16), Symphonic Drive 16 (517% -> 775% from 15 to 16), Bloody Sarabande and (Gi)Barta 16 (greatly boosted too) that's a lot of fun... Now, I really enjoy PSO2 ! ^^

UnLucky
Oct 29, 2013, 08:54 PM
Freeze Keep only applies if FOrce is your Main Class, by the way.

Wait, really? Well so much for Ice Te/Fo then, along with any S/T hybrid.

gigawuts
Oct 29, 2013, 08:59 PM
Wait, really? Well so much for Ice Te/Fo then, along with any S/T hybrid.

I've been playing a wind/ice te/fo for a few days now, and Freeze Keep does work if FO isn't your main.

Also it's way too much fun and the two elements synergize to incredible levels. It lacks a go-to single target max DPS move like nafoie, but the easily applied and versatile techs more than make up for it in every situation that isn't a boss exposing their weak point for 5 seconds.

UnLucky
Oct 29, 2013, 09:07 PM
JP swiki has this to say:
"Currently does not apply to freeze when using the wand (bug?)"

gigawuts
Oct 29, 2013, 09:08 PM
Well, I'm noticing enemies seeming to stay locked down for a pretty nice number of hits, so I dunno. Most things do tend to die too quickly to tell.

UnLucky
Oct 29, 2013, 11:09 PM
I'll probably make an ice tree like this (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06hDbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIk0lbI n0000000jebHoGBbnGKiNinr0000fb000000lb0000084OI22S GKgAhnIkjbobn0000jkbIdHXfdsIkJ2Ibib00000ib000008) for Seabed (Techer's in there too).

Terrence
Oct 30, 2013, 01:21 AM
Freeze Keep does work if FO isn't your main.
Well, maybe that works with FOrce as Sub only because TEcher is your Main, I don't know. But I can say my ice coffins were breaking instantly each time I was attacking them with a melee weapon as a FIghter/FOrce whereas I always had Freeze Keep 5/5.

gigawuts
Oct 30, 2013, 01:42 AM
It's probably to do with the weapon that inflicted the freeze SE.

Terrence
Oct 30, 2013, 02:08 AM
So, the "currently does not apply to freeze when using the wand (bug?)" on JP WIKI could mean Freeze Keep isn't currently applying to Freeze SE inflicted by weapons but only to the one inflicted by Ice Techs ? CRAP ! o_O

UnLucky
Oct 30, 2013, 02:12 AM
I wonder if that means SE Boost skills don't apply to affixes... Which now makes me question Half Line Boost on a melee class.

Terrence
Oct 30, 2013, 02:42 AM
I know FIghters has always been close to Tech Classes but being able to double your chances of inflicting a SE (that's what Half Line Boost does) with Techs only whereas you're a melee Class would be kind of dumb !

gigawuts
Oct 30, 2013, 02:46 AM
Do you mean it doesn't work off of weapon affixes? I already assumed that. I thought you guys meant it wasn't working on subpalette-cast techs.

It probably works the way these trees always have: Fighter applies to everything, force applies only to techs because two-way streets are for suckers and the satk damage type is a sucker.

DAIKO
Nov 18, 2013, 03:29 PM
Well this is a little unrelated to the direction this discussion has gone, however, I have a new problem with my Fi/FO build. First off, I'm 55/41 now and I have to say that I feel adequate in terms of both damage and options. I've been using the basic spell stone weapons for TD, knucks, and DSs and using the Amun Rod for casting.

My main problem came up when I realized the Blow resist hidden on ragne set was a mere 3% per unit, rendering it less useful than I originally thought. Considering I don't have crazy high HP to render that kind of blow resist useful, I've decided to switch sets. I've been using a basic vardha set for now, but I realized, with a T-def requirement, King set may be a viable set for a Fi/Fo.

Does anyone have any recommendations otherwise? Ideally I want to focus on:
-Satk bonus from set bonus
-hidden blow resist
-great hp

I find that I die more often from mobs than I do bosses so I think I heightened S-def and HP would help greatly. My casting is still quite a bit higher than my striking damage but I've been making some changes in an attempt to close that gap.

Essentially, I've been going nuts trying to pick a unit set that will help me A) stay alive and B) give a little bump in melee. I considered the Excube Shoulbadot set (I think I read somewhere it's hidden strike resist and hp bonus makes for a great survival kit for casters). I was also considering the New 10 star Fen set or possibly the new 10* Bloom, but that would sacrifice some serious survivability.

Thoughts?

Edit - After looking over the units again, I found one that doesn't have a set bonus, but helps in what I'm aiming for. Has anyone looked at the new 10* bulb (rear), Heirmjees (or if it's cheap, Flau Talon - Arm), and Ing plate (legs).
In total, that's 200hp and 10pp with decent strike resist. Aside from the affixing, I would think that bonus outweighs the Bonus from Kings.
(P.S. I don't use or plan on using the king's weapon set)

Sandmind
Nov 18, 2013, 04:58 PM
That pseudo unit set was coming to mind while I was reading your post as a possibility. The only thing it would lack that you were looking for would be S-atk. I dunno how much blow resist there is on it thought. Ironicly, I'm looking to obtain the arm to combine with the folly set, but SH code: visbolt only gave me so far 10* back, 10* leg and 8* arm.

The excube 6* shouldot set is pretty tanky, yes, and still hold well in SH.

Vandread
Nov 18, 2013, 05:42 PM
I dunno how much blow resist there is on it thought.

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/6T3T1mN.png[/spoiler-box]
Credits to Aile (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3055442&postcount=27) for originally posting it.

That sheet might help you in determining which way to go, DAIKO.

DAIKO
Nov 21, 2013, 01:26 PM
Thank you so much Vandread. I saw this list before, but it was a bit outdated. You've just saved me so much PSO homework that I thought I had to do. Thanks again :)

DAIKO
Dec 3, 2013, 05:56 PM
So I decided on a new build for this "Spell Thief" class idea. I sacrificed a little spell damage against bosses, but here's the build Idea.

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06tPbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbWjb x7bIn0000000jebAOGBcBGFIb2Nior0000fb000000lb000009 b000000j4OIkIdIkI2I2J2Ikie00000ib000008

The Techer skill tree is still up in the air. I'm just going to assume those points in PP up 1 would be better spent elsewhere (getting to that 1 point in dark mastery 2 perhaps?). But for now, that seems to be the best choice.

So far my character is 61 FI/ 45 Fo/ 32 Te. As Fi/Fo, my spell damage > Melee, aside from spamming that Twin daggie kick (symphonic drive?) which is some serious damage o.o

Since I'm just now getting to the good levels as a Fi/Te (just maxed PP restorate/ Elemental weak hit) and since I now have all the important elements on my melee weapons, I'm just now starting to see how this class could be liable if I actually use utility spells to my advantage (especially causing mass status effects with ZanVerse or Zondeel + Gizonde) to further my DPS.

Here's my question, what route should I take the Techer tree? Doing pure support just doesn't seem smart to me (pure extend, territory burst, shifta/deband advance etc....) because my spell damage won't be getting any better. I'm hoping through Chase Advance plus, my stances, elemental weak hit and (dark/wind) mastery, my spells will come to par with Fi/Fo. Thoughts?
Also, how much of an effect does wind mastery have on ZanVerse and does territory burst effect ZanVerse since it's an offensive spell (sort of)?

Any input on this will be great and if any of you other FoFighters/FoHunters and the like out there have any other cool spell combinations that help up our DPS during melee combat or just all around tricks, here is where to share them.

Thanks in Advance,
Leopold II

Sandmind
Dec 3, 2013, 10:56 PM
Not sure I can truly help there, but I can help with some info and some little experience when I was playing my TEHU alt. It's mostly food for thought, so take what you want from my wall of text.

Zanverse is affected by territory burst (as well as megiverse, zondeel and shifta/deband/resta/anti ofc). Since Zanverse deal 20% damage of whatever was dealt in it's field as wind damage, wind mastery does apply (20% x 120% x 120% = 28,8%). Zanverse with you alone will not do much, as you probably noticed, but will be doing great when MPA/EQ'ing. While I know that multiple zondeel can be active, I dunno for zanverse, but the rest of the support spell can only be 1 active by FO at a time in the list.

I would pickup lv1 of Territory Burst on any TE tree, it's too good to pass imo. Zondeel gathering alone with boosted range is much more effective. While TB is fine at 1 SP, on my TEHU, I maxed TB for only 10sec downtime since I had the spare SP and I love it on that character (I didn't pick EWH homever). It would be a much much better use of SP than PP up1 if you were to pick this option. You probably could also pick Territory PP save to reduce support tech cost by 3 PP at lv1 and 7PP at lv5.

I don't really like shifta advance, mostly because it's a % of the effect of shifta, which itself only use base stat before gears, making it a weak bonus in the end (spare SP can be used here still).

Adrenaline lv1 increase buff tick's time by 20sec, making them 35sec and all 4 end up being 140sec for a single shifta. Extend Assist lv1 is already 120sec maximum time, but honestly I would keep it at lv1 unless if you wanted to max both skill and turn a single shifta on yourself into 3min.

I didn't have PP restorate on my TEHU alt, but then again my mobbing gameplay was mostly zondeel gathering, jump, zan for wand gear, hit with wand (full PP back). Considering your build and gameplay, it should be a decent investment for you.

With maxed dark mastery 1, getting lv1 of dark mastery 2 would be better than PP up1 indeed.

On FI side, it look alright. The maxed Satk up2 is probably due to weapons requirement, otherwise I would drop it. If you think you're too short on SP on FI, you could remove just reversal and learn it on TE instead. Well, you did mention FIFO also, so I guess it will have to stay on FI.

Link1275
Dec 3, 2013, 11:06 PM
This link has some decent FO and TE builds with some builds for using the other classes as subs(though some I wouldn't EVER use). The TE build is designed to give you the ability to cast a ton of techs and then to finish the mob off with some wand attacks. For example use a few Gifoies or Gimmegids to build up your wand gear and then attack with your wand. If you want you can try swapping PPC out for Wand Reactor too get a little more S-Atk. Oh, and you will want to adjust the mag build to suit your race. I would recommend to get enough Dex to get 420 dex, enough T-Atk to get to 700 T-Atk, and if still possible enough S-Atk to get to 650(though you will want to just shoot for as much S-Atk as you can get on your mag after T-Atk and Dex; the reason to go for T-Atk is that it will always be your better stat and you need it to equip better stuff and if you ever get and want to equip PWand then you need 700).

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06rCbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkjd4I k7bInqnGKJ7JiGA000007bHnGAbnGKfcAjr0000fbJdHSielDc Afbs0000lbcqHScFbncDGA000064OIk2XcKjbnbnIkIb00006k bdoldIkcFqxHXIn00000ibf4SdncKsNJ2l20000