PDA

View Full Version : Warning for Monday (14th) -MAIN EASTER RAPPY THREAD

Barubary6
Apr 12, 2003, 02:07 AM
Please do not take any items from the Easter event into American or European lobbies until you see the Easter mode turned on in those countries! Also, don't log on with them in your inventory until you hear that the items are safe here. If you get them, please keep them in your bank until you know it's safe.

On Monday the 14th (15th in Japan), Sonic Team will most likely enable Easter Mode. This of course means that Egg Rappy will replace Love Rappy.

Egg Rappies drop Easter Eggs. Easter Eggs are like Jack o' Lanterns and Christmas Presents - when you use one, a random item comes out. Unlike those two items, however, it's going to be various weapons this time - mostly Version 2 items not yet released in Version 3.

We don't want the S-rank ban problem to happen again. It's not likely, but it's better than getting banned.

(If you do get banned, you will most likely be unbanned by Sonic Team automatically when they realize the problem, before the ban wears off. That's what happened last time.)

-- Barubary

(edit: fixed typo)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Barubary6 on 2003-04-12 00:09 ]</font>

*edit by Abdur*
Just changing the thread title so other users can distinguish that this is the main Easter Rappy thread.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2003-04-16 08:45 ]</font>

HaLLa
Apr 12, 2003, 02:12 AM
I think that is better than mag cells. They get old after a while. Not that they are actually rare anymore.

Riffin
Apr 12, 2003, 02:18 AM
No offense but how do you know this, you're not a Mod... so are you a GOD? Or are you really a mod, I get confused....

ChronoTrigga_Lost
Apr 12, 2003, 02:27 AM
Barubary, I have on question and one question only. Do the eggs give you Wok of Akiko's Shop (The Dagger - Ladel/Wok 6 combo weapon)????????????????

That IS my favorite weapon.

ginko990
Apr 12, 2003, 02:33 AM
On 2003-04-12 00:18, Riffin wrote:
No offense but how do you know this, you're not a Mod... so are you a GOD? Or are you really a mod, I get confused....

o_o

Its not like the moderators at PSOW are from ST. :/

EDIT: Thanx for the tip baru. ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ginko990 on 2003-04-12 00:38 ]</font>

Omni-SqwirL
Apr 12, 2003, 02:40 AM
Her avatar is a link to the codebreaker website...

Isn't that illegal?

Captain_Dude
Apr 12, 2003, 03:21 AM
Even tho I doubt I'll have too much trouble with this little problem, it's still a good thing to know... Thanks for the warning!

EDIT:

On 2003-04-12 00:40, Omni-SqwirL wrote:

Isn't that illegal?

I wouldn't think so... Seeing as how it doesn't have any codes that could ruin PSO on anything further than DC v2, which is well past dead at this moment.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Captain_Dude on 2003-04-12 01:23 ]</font>

CorneliusPower
Apr 12, 2003, 03:51 AM
Good points to consider, and Barubary's wisdom is always welcome cause it always makes sense. Easter egg finds will stay in bank until safety is adhure.
Thank you-
Barubary

MonoxideChild
Apr 12, 2003, 06:33 AM

Isn't that illegal?

Nope. CMGSCC has stated over and over again that they will not support cheating for GCPSO.

Guntz348
Apr 12, 2003, 06:50 AM

Lol if theres something to find in PSO Baru knows it and has found it. You don't need to be a mod to know hex code and take the game apart. Baru finds all the problems and mistakes that ST made and put in the game then gives us the heads up.

Once again Baru, thanks for the heads up, I'll keep my rappy hunting to the JP ships until I know it's safe. One would think ST would learn from the Srank fiasco and un-ban the weapons/items at the proper time, then again it is ST. Either way I'm gonna watch out for it. Thanks again. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sedyne
Apr 12, 2003, 09:23 AM

Don't question Barubary's statements. He was the famous hacker from ver.2 and knows just about everthing about this game. Lately, he's been a great help amongst this board to bring us information to safegaurd ourselves from mishap. =) So take his word of advice =P And don't take those eggs out http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

MetalGriever
Apr 12, 2003, 09:27 AM
Guess this shoots down my theory on the Elenor mag then. Seeing the drill launcher again would be cool thogh.

Kalbelgarion
Apr 12, 2003, 10:54 AM
Yeah, Barubary is an interesting double-edged sword.

Hey, if the Easter Rappy goes up on the 15th...then there's a very good chance that this will be the first Holiday event us XBOXers get to take part in, as well. Neat. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Blenjar
Apr 12, 2003, 11:09 AM
On 2003-04-12 08:54, Kalbelgarion wrote:
Yeah, Barubary is an interesting double-edged sword.

Hey, if the Easter Rappy goes up on the 15th...then there's a very good chance that this will be the first Holiday event us XBOXers get to take part in, as well. Neat. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

That's right Kalb.
Good of us. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Reenee
Apr 12, 2003, 11:14 AM
I compared a couple of documents that I have and sorted this weapon list. It's stuff that I haven't heard or seen in GC PSO yet:

Wok of Akiko's Shop- Dagger
Ability- Charge (Uses Meseta to add extra damage)
Uniqueness- Multiple-class Usage

Huge Battle Fan- Sword
Ability- Arrest (Causes Paralysis)
Uniqueness- Crazy, Oversized Harisen Battle Fan; Had a tendency to have a wildly varied Attack Power range (sometimes you'd see it strong, sometimes weak)

Panther's Claw- Claw
Ability- Chaos (Causes Confusion)
Uniqueness- Strict Class Usability; Was only usable with HUnewearls and RAcaseals

Drill Launcher- Shortened Range Handgun (used as a Handgun, but it had short range)
Ability- Piercing (Has the ability to pass through enemies)
Uniqueness- Unconfirmed: Possibility that only Ranger Androids could only use it; Seems to be used in another Sega game...

Rocket Punch- One-hit Mechgun (shoots like a Mechgun, but cannot do combos)
Ability- Arrest
Uniqueness- Caused GREAT damage at the cost of not being able to combo attacks; Was usable by Rangers AND Hunters

Demonic Fork- Cane
Ability- King's (Steals EXP)
Uniqueness: Could have been used by other non-Android, non-Force classes

Marina's Bag- Wand
Ability- Chaos; Automatic HP Regeneration when equipped
Uniqueness: Never released in Version 2?

Coolguy
Apr 12, 2003, 11:58 AM
what day will the egg rappys come to US, and will they also drop cells, or just wepons?

Relam
Apr 12, 2003, 12:15 PM
A chance to get a Rocket Punch!? O_O!!

Easter Rocks!

Vitamin_D
Apr 12, 2003, 02:11 PM
That's cool. I already got my Soniti, so getting more mag cells isn't that appealing. But weapons...that's cool. Thanks Baru!

Barubary6
Apr 12, 2003, 04:35 PM
On 2003-04-12 09:14, Shapiro wrote:
I compared a couple of documents that I have and sorted this weapon list. It's stuff that I haven't heard or seen in GC PSO yet:

Huge Battle Fan- Sword
Panther's Claw- Claw
Drill Launcher- Shortened Range Handgun
Rocket Punch- One-hit Mechgun
Demonic Fork- Cane
Marina's Bag- Wand

Your work is correct - all of the above items come out of Easter Eggs ^-^. There's one more though, which you didn't have because it's a Version 1 item: Sonic Knuckle.

I know what comes out of them because I created a bunch of Easter Eggs for myself and used them to find out what they become. I destroyed the items immediately afterward - not that they would do much good anyway, as they're banned items.

-- Barubary

Reenee
Apr 12, 2003, 05:25 PM
Wow, I had it dead-on!? Neat-o! Thanks Barubary! (Never thought of the day I would be praised by Baru... *comatose*)

Ness
Apr 12, 2003, 05:28 PM

He's a hacker and a damn good one at that.

Thanks for the tip, Barb.

VulpesMundi
Apr 12, 2003, 06:16 PM
Marina's Bag- Wand

It was released on ver.2. A male and a female had to play through Towards the Future doing the love test and earned... something for doing that (I don't remember what it was). Anyway, that item was taken to an NPC in Today's Rate and exchanged for Marina's Bag.

Edit: I remember what it was, now. It was called Accessory.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-04-12 16:24 ]</font>

VulpesMundi
Apr 12, 2003, 06:21 PM
On 2003-04-12 14:35, Barubary6 wrote:
I know what comes out of them because I created a bunch of Easter Eggs for myself and used them to find out what they become.

Is that all of them or are there more you're not mentioning? The only unreleased ver.2 weapon not on that list that I can recall is the Flower Bouquet.

Kupi
Apr 12, 2003, 06:24 PM
More cookware available? I'm going Love Rappy hunting on the 15th! >=D

Wang_Tang
Apr 12, 2003, 06:28 PM

Marina's Bag- Wand

Uniqueness means what classes are able to use it i assume... and I'm pretty sure that only females can use it at least. I think it may also only be force only... can't remember... i should check ver 2 right now but, too lazy ^_^.

ChronoTrigga_Lost
Apr 12, 2003, 07:01 PM
Barubary, I have one question I'd like to ask. How long will the Easter Eggs be up? Because I don't have a HL anymore, but I am gonna renew sometime this month, and I don't know when. I've been waiting my whole PSO GC career for Wok of Akiko's Shop, and I must have one.

Riu_000
Apr 12, 2003, 09:34 PM
But what about thing like the rings and flame garment, and the elnoa mag cell? Some of us may own a flame garment but they are all hacked or dupes of a hacked one.

HaLLa
Apr 13, 2003, 02:20 AM
all of them would be cool. It would be cool for new weapons/items to appear.

Katt
Apr 13, 2003, 09:44 AM
On 2003-04-12 19:34, Riu_000 wrote:
But what about thing like the rings and flame garment, and the elnoa mag cell?

for the rings wait a bit longer....

...but yeah i been waitin for the elnoa mag sence v2.hmmm....

Ropponmatsu
Apr 14, 2003, 02:19 PM
I have a question though...

Why is it so "dangerous" to bring one of these items into a US or UK lobby, doesn't seem like there would be any difference between all the other hacked items that aren't supposed to be in the US UK servers.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Apr 14, 2003, 02:28 PM
You'd probably get banned, because sonic teams does a worse job syncing the servers than microsoft's activesync 3.6 =^_^=

Reenee
Apr 14, 2003, 02:45 PM
So, um, do we have stats for these weapons yet?

Saladwood
Apr 14, 2003, 02:48 PM
On 2003-04-14 12:45, Shapiro wrote:
So, um, do we have stats for these weapons yet?

No, because they haven't been available on the GC yet.

Saladwood
Apr 14, 2003, 02:48 PM
fixed

Reenee
Apr 14, 2003, 02:52 PM
Yeah, but Barubary DID find out which items would be availible...

Missingno
Apr 14, 2003, 07:22 PM
sounds good to me,only want to get huge battle fan and wok of akikos shop.
maybe panther claw for my racaseal or hunewearl,cant recall if she my hunewearl can use it.
oh well.

Foggy_Pete
Apr 14, 2003, 08:02 PM

Isn't that illegal?

hell not for barubary

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Foggy_Pete on 2003-04-14 18:03 ]</font>

Logical2u
Apr 15, 2003, 03:07 PM
YES WHOO! Rare weapons!!! I can finally get some! Now, I will need a locked game, a hard temple............................................ ... and luck

PentUpAnger
Apr 15, 2003, 05:52 PM
Did I miss the post saying that the Rappies were available now? Or are they not online yet?

2Xtreme
Apr 15, 2003, 06:12 PM

Barubary is the resident 1337 h4x0rz... didn't you know?

isamu2k3
Apr 16, 2003, 12:30 AM
Does anyone realize barubary is a female??....i just keep seein her referred to as him and i hope that it duznt offend baru......just b/c she can hack duznt mean that she is automatically assumed that she is a guy.......

AppieDPC
Apr 16, 2003, 04:22 AM
Panther's Claw- Claw
Ability- Chaos (Causes Confusion)
Uniqueness- Strict Class Usability; Was only usable with HUnewearls and RAcaseals

never did make that thingy in v2. Its the only wep of which i dont what it looks like lol. Quess ill start huntin 4 it. Good thing im a Huney http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.
Love that easter eggs work just like jack o laterns. Cause that means that some other ppl c some other wep in it when they look at it. Meanin that Panther Claw is even easier 2 get if u have an egg lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AppieDPC on 2003-04-16 02:24 ]</font>

CorneliusPower
Apr 16, 2003, 04:39 AM
On 2003-04-15 22:30, isamu2k3 wrote:
Does anyone realize barubary is a female??....i just keep seein her referred to as him and i hope that it duznt offend baru......just b/c she can hack duznt mean that she is automatically assumed that she is a guy.......

I dont know if youve ever seen The Matrix and if you understood it at all, but, There's this guide called the Oracle, you heard of early on in the movie, you didnt know what to expect, all you knew is IT had wisdom, guidance, advice, and just plain ole GENIUS. Well, im replying to your quote simply cause of how idiotic it is, noone knew if the Oracle was a he or she, noone cared, same with Barubary, IT gives the same wisdom, knowledge, respect...its really IRRELEVANT what Barubay's sex is. Done. Reply with ZERO HATE.

isamu2k3
Apr 16, 2003, 04:44 AM
i hate you hentopia........and i dont think a mere hacker for video games can in any way be an "oracle"....its just video games.....its not like SHE is changing the world....plus its only right to get it right b/c she is a person just like all of us....it just so happens she is good at something...unlike you hentopia

Captain_Dude
Apr 16, 2003, 06:31 AM
This whole thread has gotten extremely interesting in the past few posts...

I would think a mod would say somthing like "This thread has served it's purpose. *locked*"... Yet, it doesn't look likes that's gonna happen...

But since I love participating in useless things...
Alright, so the topic has shifted to Barubary's gender? I feel that in times like these, there's only one way to quiet you crazy people!
For only $300(yes I've lowered my fee, dramatically!). I will hunt down Barubary force her to listen to the most god-awful polka one could imagine(MINE!) and then give her the ultimatum "You can either do as I say, and go on CNN to announce to every man, woman, and child your gender, or I'll keep playing this accordeon and performing various other torcherous acts!"
If that has no effect, I will employ my most sinister of weapons... THE COMFY CHAIR!(Sorry, I had to http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Will this appease you? I've lowered my fee! And I'll cut THAT fee if all of you promise to NEVER buy a product from Chef Tony! It's a great deal! Contact me through one of the many tested methods of communtication(AIM, pone, PM, E-mail), but please, none of the more uncommon ones!(Guitary-Soundy-Mabob, Screaming at the direction of my house, Telegraph, Radio Shout-out/song dedication, or Telepathy!)

I'll be waiting for your reply!

EDIT: Guh, try 'n ignore my typos... It's not my fault I'm a wee bit on the dense side...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Captain_Dude on 2003-04-16 04:34 ]</font>

Elusive_Llama
Apr 16, 2003, 07:18 AM
One thing ST is notorious for is nerfing. I can only hope that those weapons from the Easter Eggs aren't nerfed to hell and back.

Tiamat
Apr 16, 2003, 07:35 AM
Egg Rappies? If someone does actually find one, can they post a picture of the little cutie here?

Also, is this information for DC-only? GC-only??

FreakinRican
Apr 16, 2003, 07:56 AM
Can you find easter rappies and get thier easter eggs on Ultimate only or can you also find them on other difficulties? Thanks

BrokenHope
Apr 16, 2003, 09:24 AM
On 2003-04-16 02:44, isamu2k3 wrote:
i hate you hentopia........and i dont think a mere hacker for video games can in any way be an "oracle"....its just video games.....its not like SHE is changing the world....plus its only right to get it right b/c she is a person just like all of us....it just so happens she is good at something...unlike you hentopia

Eh, Barubary has posted that he's male in a thread before so i dunno where all this talk about him being female has come from.

Reenee
Apr 16, 2003, 09:30 AM
Jebus Chrysler, read the thread! Easter Rappies are for Gamecube and maybe XBox. And they can be found on any difficulty. Take the time to read the darn thread, dangit!

FreakinRican
Apr 16, 2003, 10:24 AM
On 2003-04-16 07:30, Shapiro wrote:
Jebus Chrysler, read the thread! Easter Rappies are for Gamecube and maybe XBox. And they can be found on any difficulty. Take the time to read the darn thread, dangit!

I did read the whole topic. There is no information regarding wether or not they you have to be on a certain difficulty.

People like you are the reason my friends didn't want to post this themselves. They knew that if they ask one question in the forum someone would label them a n00b and get yelled at for asking a question.

ABDUR101
Apr 16, 2003, 10:51 AM
Shapiro did'nt call you a newb, even if he did yell. Don't let it bother you, it was a legitimate question to be asked.

I'm wondering the same thing actually. If I can rush through Very Hard and get an easter rappy, thats GRAVAY =B

Hrith
Apr 16, 2003, 11:14 AM
Kefka also wanna know if it is Ultimate only ?

Raist
Apr 16, 2003, 11:19 AM
All the previous holiday rappies were available on all difficulties, so I'd assume easter rappies will be as well.

Ramus_Valle
Apr 16, 2003, 01:23 PM
and for the record Barubary is a girl!

Tiamat
Apr 16, 2003, 01:30 PM
I read the whole thread too, and no-where does it say "Easter Rappies are for GC only". Yeah, there might be a few "hints" that is it, but it doesn't specifically say does it?

Anyway, I'm not starting an argument off. At least I know the answer now don't I? I only asked...

Dru
Apr 16, 2003, 05:38 PM
i went hunting on the jp servers for easter rappies on vhard. saw a love rappy, so der most likely not out yet and if they are, they have to be on ultimate

polishedweasel
Apr 16, 2003, 05:41 PM
I haven't seen a conformation on this.... well I've seen something like that, but I need hard facts...

1. Can the rappies be found in all difficulties??
2. Are they available as of now, April 15 2003??

Thanks! Please give an answer, not an assumption.

FomarlChelsea
Apr 16, 2003, 06:44 PM
hummmmm is the rappy out in us lol i dont understand none of you so expain it stupidly ok lol

FomarlChelsea
Apr 16, 2003, 06:46 PM
o wait never mind hehehe

KnuxAran
Apr 16, 2003, 06:59 PM
Can anyone actually CONFIRM that they have SEEN an Easter Rappy. Because I haven't heard of anyone yet. Post what difficulty it was and what it gave you!

Reenee
Apr 16, 2003, 08:13 PM
Sorry I vented off, but I'm just saying it should've been obvious by now.

You'd see Easter Rappies if you'd finally get to see those Easter Decorations in the lobbies.

PentUpAnger
Apr 16, 2003, 08:22 PM
I have been thinking (Dangerrous.. I know...)...

Wouldnt the Japanese ships have the decorations up first.. since they will have the Easter stuff a day before we do... supposedly...

and do the Japanese even celebrate Easter?

Numba1stunna
Apr 16, 2003, 09:25 PM
would you get the same item in an egg on normal as you would find on ultimate, or like lobve rappys does the prize get better?

Reenee
Apr 16, 2003, 09:39 PM
Egg Rappy drops an Easter Egg, which is all they drop. Opening the egg drops a random item. But it should be done offline, since you can get the egg to drop something YOU like. If it doesn't give you what you want, you can simply reset the Gamecube...OFFLINE.

Barubary6
Apr 16, 2003, 10:52 PM
On 2003-04-16 08:24, FreakinRican wrote:
I did read the whole topic. There is no information regarding wether or not they you have to be on a certain difficulty.

Difficulty level doesn't matter at all. No matter what difficulty level you are in, Love Rappies become Egg Rappies, and they almost always drop Easter Eggs regardless of difficulty level. (All Easter Eggs are identical).

My cheat program for GC has 2 cheats that are useful to me: I can make a Love Rappy always appear in the first room of VR Temple Alpha, and I can change the event mode to Easter. Both these cheats only affect what I see - everyone else sees a regular Rappy and the normal event mode. However, it allows me to test our Easter Rappy very easily.

I know you're all going to say that I'll use this cheat then have the Easter Egg mass-produced. But I can't - the Easter Egg and the items that come out of it are currently banned. The same time they unban them is the time dupers get a single Easter Egg and make hundreds of copies.

-- Barubary

ShadowCaster
Apr 16, 2003, 11:48 PM
On 2003-04-16 20:52, Barubary6 wrote:

On 2003-04-16 08:24, FreakinRican wrote:

Difficulty level doesn't matter at all. No matter what difficulty level you are in, Love Rappies become Egg Rappies, and they almost always drop Easter Eggs regardless of difficulty level. (All Easter Eggs are identical).

My cheat program for GC has 2 cheats that are useful to me: I can make a Love Rappy always appear in the first room of VR Temple Alpha, and I can change the event mode to Easter. Both these cheats only affect what I see - everyone else sees a regular Rappy and the normal event mode. However, it allows me to test our Easter Rappy very easily.

I know you're all going to say that I'll use this cheat then have the Easter Egg mass-produced. But I can't - the Easter Egg and the items that come out of it are currently banned. The same time they unban them is the time dupers get a single Easter Egg and make hundreds of copies.

-- Barubary

I know you wouldn't mass produce stuff with your amazingly well coded programs. I have very little respect for Dupers, but for you barubary, I will make and exception, you alone are the one person that has helped me the most in PSO (next is VulpesMundi) and I have the absolute most respect for you an would still love you even if you managed to corrupt me. So do whatever you want http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Numba1stunna
Apr 17, 2003, 12:27 AM
so you could do temple runs super fast on noraml and get the same junk you would on ult?

ShadowCaster
Apr 17, 2003, 01:04 AM
Since evrone is getting up tight and what not here are the stats for the weps, these are from ver. 2 and probably will change.

Wok of Akiko's Shop: Its on this website look it up

Drill Launcher: Also on site

Demonic Fork: Required atp 950. Banned on ver. 2
This evil fork brings bad luck tp the person who equips it. It's special attack steals enemy experience

Marina's Bag: This was Banned on ver. 2. Required MST 600 (force female only)
A first aid medical bag used in case of emergencies. It heals you if you own it.

Panther Claw: Required atp 650
This is only available for female users. It's a very popular accessor, though it' not useful as a weapon

Huge Battle Fan: required atp 970
Only certain players can use this ultimate weapon. Don't be decieved by it's looks

Rocket Punch: Required ata 160
This weapon fires a punch bomb. It does great damage, but sequence attacks are not possible.

Soeey don't have sonic but I did and I loved it. Hope this helps, and makes you even more anxious to see the Easter Event.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_pengy.gif

zackgw
Apr 17, 2003, 02:03 AM
guess i wont be taking part in the easter events ;___; i still cant find a modem/bband adapter in the UK...

CrazyJ
Apr 17, 2003, 03:14 AM

-- Barubary

Are you saying that when the items are released to be found in the game that YOU will give "a single Easter Egg" to dupers?

If so...what do you hope to accomplish by doing so? If not then thanks for the information.

VulpesMundi
Apr 17, 2003, 03:57 AM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm beginning to believe that the rumors of the Easter event being cancelled may be true. I've done some searching before I started to let myself slip into this frame of mind, so I'll explain why I'm leaning in that direction.

First and foremost I scoured the Sonic Team japanese website and found not one mention of an Easter event (usually they give between a week or two notice when they're going to add quests, events, lobby themes, etc.). Secondly, and this is a big one, the Dreamcast version 1 and 2 servers have already been updated with the Easter theme. I'm uncertain how long this has been the case as I just went online half an hour ago with my copy of ver.1. The internal Pioneer 2 deck had the large, crystal Easter eggs and the Easter music was playing. Usually the E1&2 servers are almost simultaneously updated, which isn't the case this time.

I do advise you to take this info with a grain of salt. This still doesn't necessarily mean that there won't be an Easter event. If the weekend rolls around and there still hasn't been an Easter event added, then and only then will it be safe to say that it's not going to happen. Until then, keep hoping. I'll be the first to be happy if I'm wrong.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-04-17 02:09 ]</font>

Derkin
Apr 17, 2003, 04:40 AM
On 2003-04-17 01:57, VulpesMundi wrote:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm beginning to believe that the rumors of the Easter event being cancelled may be true. I've done some searching before I started to let myself slip into this frame of mind, so I'll explain why I'm leaning in that direction.

First and foremost I scoured the Sonic Team japanese website and found not one mention of an Easter event (usually they give between a week or two notice when they're going to add quests, events, lobby themes, etc.). Secondly, and this is a big one, the Dreamcast version 1 and 2 servers have already been updated with the Easter theme. I'm uncertain how long this has been the case as I just went online half an hour ago with my copy of ver.1. The internal Pioneer 2 deck had the large, crystal Easter eggs and the Easter music was playing. Usually the E1&2 servers are almost simultaneously updated, which isn't the case this time.

I do advise you to take this info with a grain of salt. This still doesn't necessarily mean that there won't be an Easter event. If the weekend rolls around and there still hasn't been an Easter event added, then and only then will it be safe to say that it's not going to happen. Until then, keep hoping. I'll be the first to be happy if I'm wrong.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-04-17 02:09 ]</font>

I really do hope you're wrong. This will/would be my first holiday event on the GC, and I am/was looking forward to it. I'll be pretty pissed if this skip past it because there aren't any other holidays soon. Lets just hope that we will have a chance to hunt these Rappies, but my hope is fading.

FluxGryphon
Apr 17, 2003, 01:19 PM
Same here Derkin. This would be my first holiday event as well and I'd be miffed if it just oozed into oblivion.

BrokenHope
Apr 17, 2003, 01:31 PM
Yeah and the reason behind easter being canceled according to the rumours is the mass duping of the Flame garment which isn't supposed to be out yet,

Barubary claims he wouldn't give out easter items but he's given out flame garment and sato mags with 200 mind so why wouldn't he give out anything else? I thought Barubary had changed, that he was sorry for how the double cannon got onto the US ships yet it looks like he's done it again and worse this time, at least double cannon was an obtainable item, and now it looks like he could even make it so we don't even get easter events.

Mag_Launcher
Apr 17, 2003, 01:32 PM
For the record, Drill Launcher is a RIFLE type weapon, not handgun.

I dabbled in item modding back in the day on DC.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Apr 17, 2003, 01:37 PM
My speculation is that they just released PSO on US xbox and don't want too many new things that could go wrong at the same time X3.

soralan
Apr 17, 2003, 01:56 PM
On 2003-04-17 11:37, SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko wrote:
My speculation is that they just released PSO on US xbox and don't want too many new things that could go wrong at the same time X3.

i was kinda thinking the same thing, that they are making sure the xbox us servers are running smoothly before getting back to normal business.

Muku6
Apr 17, 2003, 02:02 PM
Guys, for the record, Baru is female. What guy would keep the title "Mistress of the Dark"? Really... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mystil
Apr 17, 2003, 02:04 PM
On 2003-04-17 11:31, Broken Hope wrote:
Yeah and the reason behind easter being canceled according to the rumours is the mass duping of the Flame garment which isn't supposed to be out yet,

Barubary claims he wouldn't give out easter items but he's given out flame garment and sato mags with 200 mind so why wouldn't he give out anything else? I thought Barubary had changed, that he was sorry for how the double cannon got onto the US ships yet it looks like he's done it again and worse this time, at least double cannon was an obtainable item, and now it looks like he could even make it so we don't even get easter events.

So the person everyone here worships, has possibly token away Easter from PSO. Oh well, that's just too bad really. To think I use to be a big fan of CMGSCCC.

BrokenHope
Apr 17, 2003, 02:15 PM
On 2003-04-17 12:02, Muku6 wrote:
Guys, for the record, Baru is female. What guy would keep the title "Mistress of the Dark"? Really... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Barubary has stated in at least more than 1 thread that he is male.

LollipopLolita
Apr 17, 2003, 02:38 PM

*chuckle*

right, snapple put together a guide in the other thread, so here it is

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=859

LollipopLolita
Apr 17, 2003, 02:54 PM
hope you guys read the frontpage news

http://www.pso-world.com/article.php?sid=915&mode=&order=0&thold=0

BrokenHope
Apr 17, 2003, 02:58 PM
On 2003-04-17 12:54, LollipopLolita wrote:
hope you guys read the frontpage news

http://www.pso-world.com/article.php?sid=915&mode=&order=0&thold=0

I hope that is the case and we do get the easter event, but either way there's items that are out that shouldn't be and Barubary is to blame cos i'm doubtfully that anyone else has the knowledge to make a flame garment or a sato with 200 mind.

LollipopLolita
Apr 17, 2003, 03:01 PM
yes barubary should not have hacked the fg, i do agree. as for the sato with 200 mind, it wasn't him, he's not the only hacker. and there was a site with action replay codes up for a bit.

CrazyJ
Apr 17, 2003, 04:33 PM

Baru would...he's like that...

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Hangoroshi
Apr 17, 2003, 07:11 PM
I'm fine with Baru hacking the game and whatnot, it's not hurting anyone.

I guess I'm okay with Baru giving out a few of his hacks to his friends or people he feels he can trust.

I'm not okay with Baru giving it to any ol' person and having it end with everybody and their mothers having the item.

BrokenHope
Apr 17, 2003, 07:29 PM
On 2003-04-17 17:11, Hangoroshi wrote:
I'm fine with Baru hacking the game and whatnot, it's not hurting anyone.

I guess I'm okay with Baru giving out a few of his hacks to his friends or people he feels he can trust.

I'm not okay with Baru giving it to any ol' person and having it end with everybody and their mothers having the item.

Most of the time he does give to people he can trust, i mean Nausicaa has a 100% hit snow queen and an S rank no type summit moon and i don't see those duped all over and everyone having them, so obviously the person he gave the Flame garment to couldn't be trusted.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Broken Hope on 2003-04-17 17:30 ]</font>

Chibi-Chan
Apr 17, 2003, 07:40 PM
Are we going to have like a big easter egg hunt or something? It would be cool if we organized a time for everyone to go to a certain ship or something... donno if this has already been addressed.

ABDUR101
Apr 17, 2003, 07:50 PM
Lets stop using Baru as a scapegoat for all of the hacking/duping issues. There are many other hackers out there who do damage.

Yes, Baru is quite talented, but that doesn't mean there aren't others who are just as talented and malicious with their actions.

janitorbob
Apr 17, 2003, 07:58 PM
tp trick, does it work online? I heard if everyone goes up the enemies reset but i wasn't sure.

Raist
Apr 17, 2003, 08:38 PM
On 2003-04-17 17:58, janitorbob wrote:
tp trick, does it work online? I heard if everyone goes up the enemies reset but i wasn't sure.

Nope, unfortunatley the TP trick is limited to offline.

LollipopLolita
Apr 17, 2003, 09:54 PM
I have to say, ST never once posted anywhere saying they would put egg rappies on this year. There has never been official word yet. So I mean, they can't really officially cancel something they haven't officially posted on. And I wouldn't be surprised if egg rappies ends up not showing up.

Ryo_Hayasa
Apr 18, 2003, 07:48 AM
On 2003-04-17 17:50, ABDUR101 wrote:
Lets stop using Baru as a scapegoat for all of the hacking/duping issues. There are many other hackers out there who do damage.

Yes, Baru is quite talented, but that doesn't mean there aren't others who are just as talented and malicious with their actions.

geh i'm a idiot here goes

"people can hack? but, i thought Action Replay wasn't getting any PSO codes, or is this a mod chip and what not. it's hard to believe this, but whatever makes the game funner for them i guess. as long as it doesn't hurt other players."

lastly: will there be a easter quest, (excluding the new Famie add-on)

BrokenHope
Apr 18, 2003, 08:36 AM
http://www.sonicteam.com/psogc/minhiro/event/event.html

There seems to be info on a new quest here, not sure if it's the easter quest or the new part of famitsu they're adding, seems to have Elly as a npc that goes with you and the last picture seems to be inside the central control tower itself.

Saladwood
Apr 18, 2003, 09:33 AM
Information here!!!!

http://www.pso-world.com/article.php?sid=917&mode=&order=0&thold=0

SOA
Apr 19, 2003, 02:16 PM
wow cool thats good...i was wondering is it even posible to have a 200 mind sato...if so i gotta get one lol

Derkin
Apr 19, 2003, 02:48 PM
On 2003-04-18 05:48, Ryo_Hayasa wrote:

On 2003-04-17 17:50, ABDUR101 wrote:

geh i'm a idiot here goes

"people can hack? but, i thought Action Replay wasn't getting any PSO codes, or is this a mod chip and what not. it's hard to believe this, but whatever makes the game funner for them i guess. as long as it doesn't hurt other players."

lastly: will there be a easter quest, (excluding the new Famie add-on)

I doubt very much that you use Action Replay for all of that, I bet Barubary hacks PSO using a computer.

Sonic646
Apr 20, 2003, 05:13 AM
Hey,it's 6:13 on easter morning and I want to kno if there are US or JAP easter decorations up yet along with any rappies?

CrazyJ
Apr 20, 2003, 05:20 AM
On 2003-04-20 03:13, Sonic646 wrote:
Hey,it's 6:13 on easter morning and I want to kno if there are US or JAP easter decorations up yet along with any rappies?

Not until either late Sunday night/early Monday morning (probably the latter).

Typically US Servers get updates at about 4am.

Typically.

Tulathis
Apr 20, 2003, 05:37 AM
...i was wondering is it even posible to have a 200 mind sato...
Unless you count hacked ones it's not possible. In order to make a fourth evolution mag you need to have at least two stats. The highest single stat you could ever have on a fourth evolution mag would be 150.

Buuyon
Apr 20, 2003, 12:31 PM
And to hell PSO goes...

dj_dan
Apr 20, 2003, 02:08 PM
Here's a valid question, aside from all the silly stuff in this thread.

Is it possible to have photon percentages on a weapon when you open an easter egg?

Reenee
Apr 20, 2003, 02:25 PM
Good question. Probably not, but it'd be nice if there would be some random percentage distributor. Imagine "playing" PSO for a week just to get a Huge Battle Fan with 100%--oops, I just gave motivation for duplication of this item. Anyone mind attaching a genital clamp for me? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

FreakinRican
Apr 20, 2003, 08:47 PM
What time is this supposed to go into effect? Central time? Eastern time?

PentUpAnger
Apr 20, 2003, 09:05 PM
There is a guy at GameFAQs that is giving out Easter Eggs now...

now he didnt say anything about "preordering" them... and he knows how to hack... so maybe he hacked some out....

or maybe he just found an Egg on the japanese servers...

Not sure on anything. I am sure that we all go a little crazy sometimes though.

Alizar
Apr 20, 2003, 10:59 PM
What do you mean by version 3? Episode 1&2? Ver 2 like the 1 4 dc??? i dont understand....????

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Apr 20, 2003, 11:17 PM
Version 3 is our tongue-in-cheek way of saying Episode I & II.

Or the barubary way of labeling the version from naughty data =>_>=

As soon as I find a rappy, I'll post screenshots of it, then the egg, then go offline and confirm the item possibilites ;3

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Apr 21, 2003, 12:23 AM
Easter lobby themes are up in JP ships =>.>=

Mew2baby
Apr 21, 2003, 12:33 AM
0/8 in my runs...

KnuxAran
Apr 21, 2003, 01:06 AM
I've gone thru 62 rappies and nothing so far... some people in the lobbies say theyre out... some say theyre not

RicopSweet
Apr 21, 2003, 01:25 AM
Well I live in Europe and today it is Easter Theme in de Europe Lobby's, but Easter Rappy's... I didn't seen them so far http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

SATAN666
Apr 22, 2003, 10:53 PM
On 2003-04-12 14:35, Barubary6 wrote:

Huge Battle Fan- Sword
Panther's Claw- Claw
Drill Launcher- Shortened Range Handgun
Rocket Punch- One-hit Mechgun
Demonic Fork- Cane
Marina's Bag- Wand

Your work is correct - all of the above items come out of Easter Eggs ^-^. There's one more though, which you didn't have because it's a Version 1 item: Sonic Knuckle.

I know what comes out of them because I created a bunch of Easter Eggs for myself and used them to find out what they become. I destroyed the items immediately afterward - not that they would do much good anyway, as they're banned items.

-- Barubary

-----------------------------------------------------

Are there multiple Easter Eggs then?

Since the legit Eggs don't have the Demonic Fork and yours don't have the Amore Rose or Rabit Wand.

CrazyJ
Apr 23, 2003, 01:48 AM
Is it possible? The great l33t haxxor Barubary doesn't even know what items come from eggs?

He says that Demonic Forks does, but makes no mention of the Rose (I can understand though since it sucks ass.).

What's up Baru? Losing your touch?