PDA

View Full Version : Question About the Telepipe Trick

Lupin_III
Apr 12, 2003, 11:33 AM
Just wondering...Does this work with Ryuker (the technique) , as well? I tried that for a long time and it didn't work.... I know that the trick is all about luck, but still! I should have gotten at least one rare monster! I was watching a room with three Lillies and two Hildebears, for goodness sake! Oh well. Help would be appreciated. Arigato.

Math
Apr 12, 2003, 11:37 AM
On 2003-04-12 09:33, Lupin_III wrote:
Just wondering...Does this work with Ryuker (the technique) , as well? I tried that for a long time and it didn't work.... I know that the trick is all about luck, but still! I should have gotten at least one rare monster! I was watching a room with three Lillies and two Hildebears, for goodness sake! Oh well. Help would be appreciated. Arigato.

what is the Telepipe trick?

excecutor
Apr 12, 2003, 11:43 AM
yes it works with ryuker because the point is to keep coming back and forth between places. it could take 10 min it could take 2 hours, its all about luck

Lupin_III
Apr 12, 2003, 11:49 AM
On 2003-04-12 09:33, Lupin_III wrote:

The telepipe trick is when you repeatedly telepipe in and out of a room in the hopes of finding a rare monster. This does actually work, because every time ou leave the level the enemies are regenerated. (This is why the enemies always return to their original positions.) Obviously the odds of finding a rare monster are quite small. But, there is a chance. Looked at a guide and found out that I wouldn't have gotten anything good from the enemies, anyway. I would have been pretty angry if I killed a Hildeblue and it dropped me a L&K14 Combat...I have enough of those...

Joe-Azlin
Apr 12, 2003, 12:09 PM
ryuker is the same thing as a telepipe so yes it works with ryuker.

Malkavian
Apr 12, 2003, 12:18 PM
Another question, it works in multiplayer offline?

Is quite expensive for a droid do a telepipe each time. If I could do it in 2 players, setup a pipe and then pipe with the other character it wouldnt disappear and I could pipe many times without seting new pipe every time.

Liet
Apr 12, 2003, 04:13 PM
apperently, you aven't played much offline multiplayer. both people need to be in the pipe for it to be activated. but yes, this is possible to do. make sure the section ID of the item you want is the first player and you shouldn't have any problems. this is probably the best way for a droid to do the pipe trick. it is still incredibly slow though. fyi about the # of pipes it takes: i used 1000 pipes to find a hildetorr the first time and it didn't even drop anything but 20 pipes later, 2 hildetorrs appeared and i got my frozen shooter

VulpesMundi
Apr 12, 2003, 05:25 PM
*Wonders how many times this link is going to be posted...*

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=723

*Adds the episode 2 section to the arsenal...*

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=839