PDA

View Full Version : i dissaporve of clans, and i need help with mags

jeramia
Apr 12, 2003, 11:49 AM
for one thing i really think clans are worthless, because your really bound to do what the leader wants and barely have freedom, on another note, a comnunity such as psow you are not bound just to do one persons bidding, the website may hav rules but dont they all. ive been playing pso ep 1 and 2 about a week before it was supposed to come out (because it i got it before it was delayed in my county) and thats been since otc. i joined as soon as i heard about this site. ever since ive had the time if my life, psow has braught me great insight on pso and rare findings and mag guides,

on another note, i honestly need help
1. 2 mind mags
2. 2 dex mags
3. 2 pow mags

if anyone could either make em for me or help me out buy trading or somn id be appreciated.

magi_drakee
Apr 12, 2003, 12:15 PM
Well you know, if you were in a clan, I'm sure some of your team mates would help you out with the mag. Haha!

Don't flame clans
Im in a clan and its not always what the leader wants. Riff's pretty cool, with him its more of everyones input rather then just a dictatorship.

Elvendar
Apr 12, 2003, 12:53 PM
Yeah, my clan is 90% democracy. That guy's right, you could get help with it if you were in a clan x_x

Anyway, I suggest you post a wants for mags in the Trade Forum. That might help you out a bit.

Riffin
Apr 12, 2003, 01:09 PM
Clan's (at least the one I started) aren't for leadeship or rules, they're more for finding people who are like you to play with. The only reason for the rules is to find those people. My clan is called the Wandering Legits for a reason, you know. But I agree with the last guy, this should be moved to the trade or the mag, sec ID forum, you'll get much more help there.

Logical2u
Apr 12, 2003, 05:37 PM
I can tell you how get your own SELF RAISED MAGS!
However, you will need...
1. a second controller
2. a free character creation space (or 2)
3. alot of free time.

This maybe sound weird so pay attention.
1. create a new character.
2. play an offline multiplayer game.
3. have your newly created character DROP everything.
4. have your character pick it ALL up (including mag)
5. Raise the new mag like you would any other mag.
6. If you want more, repeat the steps, but overwrite the one you stole everything from.
NOTE! I am a clan LEADER (Logical guild) and I only keep clan members names as a reference point. I dont keep tabs on them at all times, and I dont have some weird ritualistic way of life. The only thing I ask from my guild members is that they use the guild guild card

Well thats all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Logical2u on 2003-04-12 15:39 ]</font>

Orange_Coconut
Apr 12, 2003, 07:32 PM
Well, also, what current mags do you have? Or are you planning on starting with new mags to make these mags you are aiming for?

I noticed I say "mags" a lot :/

Guile
Apr 12, 2003, 08:56 PM
Yeah I agree, I don't believe guilds work and I would never join one
Clans only work in FPS and Real time strat
but thats IMO!

and I can't help you with the mags, cuz I need a dex and a mind mag also!

JediAsh
Apr 12, 2003, 11:14 PM
For all those looking to make some mags check http://www.pso-world.com/singlestatmagguide.php.
Choose the appropriate guide, and follow till you get stats to your liking.
Also poke around the various mag guides here (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=listarticles&secid=46).

If you need money, follow this simple formula.
Kill stuff, collect junk, sell said junk at the shop. Buy food for mags. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Hope this helps you beginning mag farmers out there.

jeramia
Apr 13, 2003, 01:05 PM
well i used to run a clan entitled LOTUS and after that folded the next clan we were in was called the zaibatsu , that was a mistake, bound by rules and so much damed dram. well being solo os alot better, but thaks for the advice, even the smart a$$ ones

LemonAndLime
Apr 13, 2003, 02:19 PM
I agree that clans are pretty useless in a game like this. Personally I just make loads of friends and hang out with all of them.
On the other hand, if you're asking for something as drastic as 6 good mags....well. Start finding some really generous friends http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Orange_Coconut
Apr 13, 2003, 03:47 PM
Mag guides would also help if you would rather raise one on your own. I think someone gave you a link, if not then go to guides, mags, then whatever category you need.

GorillaShoes
Apr 15, 2003, 09:02 PM
Clans arent useless. I started a clan cause every game i made, someone had to ruin it by bieng a cheater or was duping. I started the clan cause i like playing with legit players. That why I created a clan and we help each other out like in your situation, IF you were in a clan u would get help.

Vanango
Apr 17, 2003, 11:05 AM
OH! ME ME ME choose ME!! I would LOVE to make you 6 mags!! That's what I will do with my free time. Yes, to have such privledge!!

I'm SOOOOO SO SO SO glad you came onto a board asking random people to build you a mag, but ya know, I wouldn't have if you hadn't bashed clans. That's like, soooo cool! You're such an individual. You should name yourself something like "the lone hunter"
</sarcasm>

Okay, I'm just trying to make a point. Building/raising one mag is extremely time consuming and not to mention expensive. You can't be bothered to make a mag, yet you expect someone else to build one and give it to you? ALso, if you are serious about trading, trade lists are always appreciated.

You don't like clans, that's fine, but on their behalf, have you considered that PSO and PSOW IS a clan? It's just a group of people that are together because of a similar interest or goal. It's a way to make friends and get to know people better. PSOW is a clan. THe mods and admins are the chieftans and we, the little members are the devote followers. If you hate clans so much, why are you on PSOW?

PSOW creates a sense of community (and I won't go into the psychology of that) but sharing knowledge with one another and having fun -- how much better can it get? On top of that, you have the chance of networking and getting to know people outside of the "PSO" sense. You can share ideas, tips, and even items.

PSOW has so many members, obviously all here because they love PSO, but we're all different and we all have different likes and dislikes. The individual clans listed on this site isn't trying to divide PSOW, but rather help gather people of similar interests together. (i.e. wandering legits -- no, I'm not a member so this isn't some sort of ad, they come together b/c they are strictly against dupping/hacking. They want to play the game was it was intended -- rares are kept RARE). There are so many people on this site that it's difficult to keep track of them. With smaller clans, you get to know people and their personality better.

I hope you realize this wasn't a flame, but just my response (and reaction) to your post.

Thanks (assuming you even read this) and best of Luck.

~Vanessa