PDA

View Full Version : Cannot get PSO2 to run

Mitsusushi
Nov 4, 2013, 03:28 AM
I'm sorry if this is a common question, I've seen many threads about roughly the same idea but none of them quite match what I've experienced and none of the solutions have worked for me.

Basically PSO2 refuses to launch with anything. If I run the launcher it either hangs at 0 CPU or max CPU randomly, gives me an error which is literally different every time (so far at least), forwards me to the GameGuard website telling me to send them files, or completely kills itself without a word.

The tweaker isn't working as well. If I run it through the tweaker it loads the splash screen for the game, starts updating GameGuard in the top left and just repeats the randomness I described above. I have also tried all the tests/fixes in the tweaker to no avail. Reinstalling completely didn't help either.

I'm new to PSO2 in general and only started about a week ago, so I'm not sure if it was an update that broke it or what. I was playing fine 2-3 days ago but then it randomly started this. I am just so completely confused at how this could happen out of nowhere.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit. If you need more details let me know.

KitanoKeita
Nov 4, 2013, 10:26 AM
alright, I'll try to help: do you hit the system requirements, is Gameguard catching on a process you have? I think I remember that sometimes Gameguard has multiple codes for similar errors. aside from that, tweaker has a troubleshooting tab on options, run everything there. Make sure the folder for the game files is in the C drive too, that apparently helps. Someone else better informed should probably help too, but these are some general tricks that I've found.

Mitsusushi
Nov 4, 2013, 02:21 PM
I think most of that is already answered in the opening post. I was running fine less than a week ago with no problem, so my system requirements are good. I also noted that I already tried everything in the tweaker and none of it worked.

I'm not sure what you mean about Gameguard catching on a process though. Do you mean like it detecting something malicious and closing? If so, I've ran PSO2 directly after a reboot and it was the same. I have also done virus checks and nothing has turned up. I'm really not sure what putting the game in the C: drive will do because it shouldn't matter which drive it's on, and it was running perfectly a few days ago on my E: drive which is my secondary internal drive (C: is my primary internal SSD, so really don't want PSO2 wasting space there).

Thanks anyway though.

KitanoKeita
Nov 4, 2013, 08:37 PM
My apologies, seems as if I was still half asleep while reading your post. By gameguard catching on something I mean just that: gameguard is finding a process that your computer possibly starts every time you turn on the computer and it doesn't like it, so a clean boot could ascertain whether it's gameguard or not.
As for root of C: I do not remember why, I believe it had to do with permissions(?) or something that windows didn't like? You could move it if you want, but it might not help.

Start with a clean boot, NOT just a restart, since you might have that process on windows startup. If it still happens it's probably not gameguard. Sorry I can't help more, but since you have nothing to lose, I'll keep giving suggestions until someone more informed comes if you like.