PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice for Hu/Fi.

Topic Cheese
Nov 5, 2013, 12:29 AM
I joined this game last month, and have reached Lv. 49.

I really don't know jack shit about skill trees, and anything like regarding that.

Can someone explain what I should put on my skill tree, and everything else?

Kondibon
Nov 5, 2013, 06:49 AM
Thank UnLucky for this. http://imgur.com/a/TfqR9

It goes Green>Yellow>orange>red>black in order of priority.

You can also use this to help you plan exactly what you want to do. http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php This you can thank RyuHiroshi/Gardios for. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask. Unlucky is more knowledgeable than I am but I kinda have a good idea of what's good/bad and why.

Hrith
Nov 5, 2013, 10:02 AM
Maxing fighter stances, rofl. People here really never learn. Go back to maths class or something.

What unhelpful and misleading garbage.

Not all players are brainless sheep who all play (read: suck at the game) the same.

As HU/FI, you're going to need Just Guard -> all hunter gears -> Fury Stance Lv10 -> Fury Combo Up Lv10. After this, it's all preference, if you'd rather build your defences with the Guard Stance skill and related skills or more damage with JA Bonus and Fury Stance Up.

On the fighter tree, you will need Brave Stance and Wise Stance both at Lv5. The last five levels of fighter stances DECREASE DPS.
Fury Stance Up and Wise Stance Up have no drawbacks.

If you want max damage, affix all your weapons with Burn, Shock, Poison or Mirage (Freeze and Panic are not as good) and get Chase Advance Lv10 and Chase Advance Plus Lv5.

Adrenaline Lv5 is one of the highest and most consistent source of both damage increase and resilience increase as fighter.

Suggesting Brave and Wise Critical, even as a last resort, is completely retarded. HP Up, S-ATK Up or Step Advance would make a much, much more significant difference.

You may want all three weapon gears, in case they release more accessible strong all-class fighter weapons. Only 1 SP each, anyway.

Halfline Boost may not always be easy to pull off, but when it's in effect, it's status ailment time, for everyone, it's on me tonight, even if you're a sub boss!

Those example trees do not even help in attaining the most power, let alone DPS. This is beyond ridiculous. If at least they could do that, disregarding the fact we are not drones who all play the same, but not even that.

Kondibon
Nov 5, 2013, 10:07 AM
Maxing fighter stances, rofl. People here really never learn. Go back to maths class or something.

What unhelpful and misleading garbage.

Not all players are brainless sheep who all play (read: suck at the game) the same.

As HU/FI, you're going to need Just Guard -> all hunter gears -> Fury Stance Lv10 -> Fury Combo Up Lv10. After this, it's all preference, if you'd rather build your defences with the Guard Stance skill and related skills or more damage with JA Bonus and Fury Stance Up.

On the fighter tree, you will need Brave Stance and Wise Stance both at Lv5. The last five levels of fighter stances DECREASE DPS.
Fury Stance Up and Wise Stance Up have no drawbacks.

If you want max damage, affix all your weapons with Burn, Shock, Poison or Mirage (Freeze and Panic are not as good) and get Chase Advance Lv10 and Chase Advance Plus Lv5.

Adrenaline Lv5 is one of the highest and most consistent source of both damage increase and resilience increase as fighter.

Suggesting Brave and Wise Critical, even as a last resort, is completely retarded. HP Up, S-ATK Up or Step Advance would make a much, much more significant difference.

You may want all three weapon gears, in case they release more accessible strong all-class fighter weapons. Only 1 SP each, anyway.

Halfline Boost may not always be easy to pull off, but when it's in effect, it's status ailment time, for everyone, it's on me tonight, even if you're a sub boss!

Those example trees do not even help in attaining the most power, let alone DPS. This is beyond ridiculous. If at least they could do that, disregarding the fact we are not drones who all play the same, but not even that.Clearly you missed the subtlety in my posting that.

EDIT: From what I'm reading you don't even understand how UnLucky's tree suggestions work. ._.

Esofor
Nov 5, 2013, 10:36 AM
blah blah

good suggestions. i'll follow this when i feel like doing no damage

UMVC3_Wolverine
Nov 5, 2013, 10:58 AM
good suggestions. i'll follow this when i feel like doing no damage

Same here. When I feel like being useless and getting carried in TA's i'll follow this guide!! :D

Kondibon
Nov 5, 2013, 11:09 AM
Same here. When I feel like being useless and getting carried in TA's i'll follow this guide!! :DSolo your TAs.

UMVC3_Wolverine
Nov 5, 2013, 11:13 AM
Solo your TAs.

One thing that I found totally moronic, is that he said that after going 5 lvls into brave/wise stance that the damage DECREASES wtf? lmao going from lvl 5 to lvl 10 give you an extra 5% more damage. How the fuck is that a decrease? ^^;

Kondibon
Nov 5, 2013, 11:17 AM
One thing that I found totally moronic, is that he said that after going 5 lvls into brave/wise stance that the damage DECREASES wtf? lmao going from lvl 5 to lvl 10 give you an extra 5% more damage. How the fuck is that a decrease? ^^;He said DPS, which is actually true in some cases, mostly when AoEing trash mobs. He's technically right in that regard. Heck, none of his advice was bad per-se just really situational and he showed a blatant lack of misunderstanding in regards to how UnLuckies skill trees work. The only things worth arguing on there are the green and black ones. The yellow orange and red all come down to preference.

UMVC3_Wolverine
Nov 5, 2013, 11:29 AM
Help me understand how 5% MORE damage is a DECREASE please, because that makes no sense at all.

Focus on the DECREASE part too. The skill tree clearly says that you get a 1% boost after lvl 5. This gives you a total of 5% if going from lvl 5 to 10. So for example maxing out Brave Stance gives you a 20% damage increase if you only take it to lvl 5 you get a 15% bonus.

I will ask this as nicely as I can....

How the fuck is that a DECREASE?

My mind is blown. He's either trolling or is just plain stupid and can't comprehend basic math.

Kondibon
Nov 5, 2013, 11:37 AM
Help me understand how 5% MORE damage is a DECREASE please, because that makes no sense at all.

Focus on the DECREASE part too. The skill tree clearly says that you get a 1% boost after lvl 5. This gives you a total of 5% if going from lvl 5 to 10. So for example maxing out Brave Stance gives you a 20% damage increase if you only take it to lvl 5 you get a 15% bonus.

I will ask this as nicely as I can....

How the fuck is that a DECREASE?

My mind is blown. He's either trolling or is just plain stupid and can't comprehend basic math.He wasn't talking about raw damage, only overall DPS as in how much damage you do over a certain amount of time, not just with a singe optimal hit. Sure you do more damage per hit when in position for the stance but the damage penalty for being in the wrong position gets worse as you level it, meaning if you're in an AoE situation, or any time you're forced to hit an enemy from the wrong side your overall damage would likely be lower. I still say that's REALLY situational, to the point of being negligible, but it's not really false either.

Likewise he mentions chase advanced which is USELESS against bosses. All the ideas Hrith gave seem to be focused on trash mobs, which, honestly isn't that bad if you're in big mpas where you can't be arsed to pay attention to what side of an enemy you're on anyway, but it's hardly general purpose.

UMVC3_Wolverine
Nov 5, 2013, 11:43 AM
Ahhh ok, I see his point now I guess. But as you pointed out that's very situational.

I rarely find myself hitting enemies from the wrong area's in this case front or back. I think like 98% of the time i'm doing full DPS with my stances. When you learn how to use them properly doing LESS damage isn't an issue.

So again his advice on not maxing the stances is pretty stupid.

Kondibon
Nov 5, 2013, 11:47 AM
Ahhh ok, I see his point now I guess. But as you pointed out that's very situational.

I rarely find myself hitting enemies from the wrong area's in this case front or back. I think like 98% of the time i'm doing full DPS with my stances. When you learn how to use them properly doing LESS damage isn't an issue.

So again his advice on not maxing the stances is pretty stupid.
I wouldn't call it stupid, just built for a specific gameplay style.

Honestly the only thing that bugged me about what he said is that it was preceded by insulting UnLucky's skill tree outlines despite the fact that almost everything he said was possible while still fitting with them.

reaper380
Nov 5, 2013, 09:42 PM
Sry to add in, i slightly understand his thinking for keeping brave stance at lvl 5, while wise stance its actually ok to max it. He is trying to keep the dps even if you are on the wrong side of the target as at lvl 5 brave stance you dont get a penalty for hitting on the wrong side of the target. For the 5% lost in dps when hitting wrong side of the target when brave stance is maxed will be further magnified when accounting fury stance into the multiplier. Though overall i think the shift in dmg doesnt rlly affect much of the dps since the lose/gain is equal on both ends.

Sry in advance if i misunderstood your explanation there @ Hrith. Do correct me if i am wrong.

GradationAir
Nov 5, 2013, 10:10 PM
I wouldn't call it stupid, just built for a specific gameplay style.

Honestly the only thing that bugged me about what he said is that it was preceded by insulting UnLucky's skill tree outlines despite the fact that almost everything he said was possible while still fitting with them.

I don't understand the notion of mobbing being so significantly more important compared to bossing, but I sure the heck don't MPA all day so it just isn't for me. I got chase advanced but I sure the heck maxed the stances also, because I actually do things like bossing.

XPKun
Nov 5, 2013, 10:26 PM
Brave Stance lvl 5 = +15% Front Power, -15% Damage Penalty when attacking from the rear.
Brave Stance lvl 10 = +20% Front Power, -20% Damage Penalty when attacking from the rear.

Yes, maxing the stance gets you 5% more front power at the cost of 5% more penalty. The only question here is do you want to do 5% more damage when doing it right or do you want to deal 5% less penalty when doing it wrong?

Yes your "dps" is better even when doing it wrong but it's easier to just correct your positioning than decrease your offensive capability towards everything else just to take into account a measly 5% difference in penalty.

red1228
Nov 5, 2013, 10:58 PM
...Or you can get Brave Stance to Lv5 (+15% front / -15% rear) & then put the other 5 points into Brave Stance Up (which improves the front power increase, but NOT the rear power decrease).

This works for Wise Stance too.

XPKun
Nov 5, 2013, 11:12 PM
...Or you can get Brave Stance to Lv5 (+15% front / -15% rear) & then put the other 5 points into Brave Stance Up (which improves the front power increase, but NOT the rear power decrease).

This works for Wise Stance too.

That's already a given. This isn't about Stance vs Stance Up, it's about lvl 5 Stance vs lvl 10 Stance. ^^;

GradationAir
Nov 5, 2013, 11:16 PM
Brave Stance lvl 5 = +15% Front Power, -15% Damage Penalty when attacking from the rear.
Brave Stance lvl 10 = +20% Front Power, -20% Damage Penalty when attacking from the rear.

Yes, maxing the stance gets you 5% more front power at the cost of 5% more penalty. The only question here is do you want to do 5% more damage when doing it right or do you want to deal 5% less penalty when doing it wrong?

Yes your "dps" is better even when doing it wrong but it's easier to just correct your positioning than decrease your offensive capability towards everything else just to take into account a measly 5% difference in penalty.

Can't really see otherwise when you're going head to head with a boss.

UnLucky
Nov 5, 2013, 11:25 PM
Only if someone else casts Shifta/Deband on you, or you have Stat Boost on your mag. Pretty important to mention that much, since it's useless otherwise.

Also lv1 is +20s, while lv5 is +30s. The difference isn't so amazing to warrant maxing in all cases, since not even lv5 gives you full 60s buffs off of one tick, but any level will cap your buffs in two.

reaper380
Nov 6, 2013, 02:39 AM

Sir, you should recheck the post. If you take into account the dmg multiplier from Hu tree, that adds up to 10% dmg lost. Ok maybe you insist on your statement "correct your positioning". Thats like saying "hey why not i just stay on wise stance forever and not stance dance coz i get more boost and try to stay on the boss back". He probably prefers to deal more dmg and not lose dmg in every situation possible.

XPKun
Nov 6, 2013, 03:04 AM
What's HU tree got to do with the damage penalty of FI stances?

Also, you still lose damage when you're in the wrong position anyway regardless of whether you use brave or wise stance. What I'm saying is that it's way easier to just correct your position rather than lose that extra +5% damage permanently from your skill tree (unless you reset) just to take into account the few instances that you're in the wrong position (unless you're telling me that you're actually in the wrong position a lot of times).

I never said you shouldn't stance dance nor did I say it's necessary to max stances than keep them at lvl 5. What you do is up to you. lol

reaper380
Nov 6, 2013, 04:28 AM
Either you run a one class char or you dont switch fury stance on when playing your FI. Because when the 2 stance stack (fury+ brave) you actually lose 10% dmg roughly give or take when considering the penalty of brave stance at lvl 10 while at lvl 5, theres no penalty because you just deal the same dmg as when brave is not switched on. For wise stance i dont think you get any penalty at all when hitting the wrong side.

Not saying you're wrong or something but few of you is replying the post by comparing a lvl 5 brave stance and a lvl 10 brave stance alone and questioning others why not max brave as its only good and no bad. Individually yes dmg gain/loss but rlly.. pls check youre whole setup, unless you run a single class then ignore my post.

Not sure how fast are you but against fast moving SH bosses, you're "correct your position" is not easy (at least for me,Backhand smash user) and stance dance has its owns up and downs. Talking in boss solo.

XPKun
Nov 6, 2013, 04:57 AM
Oh boy...

UnLucky
Nov 6, 2013, 04:01 PM
It doesn't matter if Fury Stance gave you 500% damage alone, Brave Stance at lv5 vs lv10 would still be a 5% damage difference.

If "just correct your position" is too hard or would take too long, then simply switch stances. If that extra 5% penalty is a common occurrence, then you're in the wrong stance, plain and simple. Either way, you absolutely want to avoid the -15% or -20% penalty no matter what since you may as well not be subbing anything at all at that point.

The only time the penalty is a concern is for moves that turn the enemy (Other Spin, Kanran) or you have aggro on only some of the mobs (all or none is not a problem).

Linglan
Nov 6, 2013, 08:54 PM
sorry for butt in but since this is hu/fi, want to ask here. After max both stance/up and PP Slayer, is there anything else to max for Boss fight only? Because all other skill are either low hp or abnormality but low hp got canceled out by auto heal and abnormality doesn't work on boss... so what else to put in???

UnLucky
Nov 6, 2013, 09:06 PM
Weapon Gears, Adrenaline, S-Atk Up, Step Attack if you don't have it on Hunter.