PDA

View Full Version : Vol Opt V2

Sanity_XIV
Apr 12, 2003, 01:16 PM
I just got to this guy with my lv. 65 FOnewearl, and he slaughtered me.

The most damage I could do was 226 with grants, but I used Barta and did 188.

Does anyone know how much damage he does with these attacks:

The one that traps you in the little prison-thing, and the one that shoots the big things into the ground.. The rest are easy and the first form was easy as well.

Also - Is barta the best tech to use?

Caecilius
Apr 12, 2003, 01:25 PM
Try using Zonde family, also try levelling up some more, say LV75. Also (my tip to everyone stuck with a boss) bring a Scape Doll or three. Trust me, they work wonders.

Sanity_XIV
Apr 12, 2003, 01:38 PM
I had 4 scapes and zonde does 0 damage to Vol Opt V2.

Caecilius
Apr 12, 2003, 01:44 PM
Sorry, thinking of ver1 before! Barta probably ISN'T the best, but from your report try using Gibarta. It is so much better than plain old Barta.+
Also, have you tried levelling up recently? It helps.
Try concentrating on one bit of Vol at a time too, like the bits that fire the trap beam or the homing rockets.
Hope that helps.

TeamPhalanx
Apr 12, 2003, 01:58 PM
If you don't know what you're talking in the first place...

The only techniques that'll work, as you have already figured out, are grants and barta. The bad part is that Vol is one of those that cancels out technique bonuses - In other words, you won't get the 1.3 FOnewearl bonus damage with simple techs or any other attack tech bonuses via items. (2nd form only - bonus is still good for columns during 1st form)

At your level, you're not going to be able to survive most of its attacks (It's been a while, but I think the max it does is around 670 or so...)

The ground attack can easily be avoided. When the targeting lasers are circling the ground, just stand real close to the boss; stand right on the central platform in the arena. It will not be able to hit you with its attack. (This is only for the non-locking on targeting lasers)

For the green orb/prison attack, just run around in small circles (not around the boss).

To be brief, use barta and avoid its attack. It takes some practice, but you'll get the hang of it.

Also, don't feel too bad about the damage you're doing. My FOnewearl can only do about 300 damage per barta (~1300 MST)

MP3dawg16
Apr 12, 2003, 02:23 PM
You need to level buddy, Hes a sinch once you get up there... why rush things?

Caecilius
Apr 12, 2003, 03:19 PM
Like the guy said, level up. And try to use better stuff than just the standard Barta. I suggested Gibarta, but I also have another solution: Rabarta! Yes, the stronger the tech the better. Also make full use of the wand group. Those things can seriously jack up your MST.

Sanity_XIV
Apr 12, 2003, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the help, and I didn't know to try and use anythign other than barta because I did not know that Vol Opt negated the class bonus... although, I thought simple techs did more damage than the others anyways... Because they only hit one target..

Stalfos333
Apr 12, 2003, 04:34 PM
Barta is multitargetting. It hits all enemies in a line.

MP3dawg16
Apr 12, 2003, 05:44 PM
if your a FOnewearl, like me, Basic spells really dish it out with agni/dagon/indra not to mention the 30% they already get towards those spells...

but just mess around with most of your spells and take the strongest one and go with it, if your a FOmar try the GI series spells...GIbarta maybe.