PDA

View Full Version : Ladies and Gentleman, This Is Your God In 4 Days.

Emil
Apr 12, 2003, 01:35 PM
http://cover09.cduniverse.com/CDUCoverArt/Games/Large/80552927347.jpg

Muku6
Apr 12, 2003, 04:15 PM
Someone thinks highly of it.

Anyways, I have beef with XBox PSO, but that's because of the way it's being handled. But I'm not going into that.

But this has been addressed before... and it's not everyone's God. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Mine is my little CD for the 'cube.

Yosho
Apr 12, 2003, 04:17 PM
I love PSO, but I dont see myself worshiping it though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bash.gif

Ness
Apr 12, 2003, 04:21 PM
What pisses me off is that ST is still charging you to play online.

IceBlink
Apr 12, 2003, 04:57 PM
Considering that most of my teamplayers are Japanese... if I had a Xbox, I still wouldn't get PSO for it due to regional lockout. And being in the UK will probably mean EU is seperated from the US.

GEE SEGA, I THOUGHT PSO WAS MEANT TO SUPPORT PLAYERS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD.

:O

Barubary6
Apr 12, 2003, 05:04 PM
On 2003-04-12 14:57, IceBlink wrote:
Considering that most of my teamplayers are Japanese... if I had a Xbox, I still wouldn't get PSO for it due to regional lockout. And being in the UK will probably mean EU is seperated from the US.

It's Microsoft that is blocking it. Sega wanted it to be compatible across regions, but Microsoft refused, citing "security concerns".

This is just one instance of Microsoft trying to take total control over every aspect of online games on Xbox. This kind of stuff is why EA is refusing to make any online games for Xbox, going only with PS2 instead.

As for Gamecube... I suspect we won't be seeing many more online games, if any.

-- Barubary

TerribleDeliMeat
Apr 12, 2003, 05:20 PM
On 2003-04-12 15:04, Barubary6 wrote:

On 2003-04-12 14:57, IceBlink wrote:

It's Microsoft that is blocking it. Sega wanted it to be compatible across regions, but Microsoft refused, citing "security concerns".

This is just one instance of Microsoft trying to take total control over every aspect of online games on Xbox. This kind of stuff is why EA is refusing to make any online games for Xbox, going only with PS2 instead.

-- Barubary

Actually, Sega wanted nothing to do with the xbox version. Microsoft pretty much handled all aspects except the original PSO code. Does the decision to lock out other territories surprise anyone though? Microsoft's policy on NA products has always been "Not available outside of US"

And for the EA issue, its not a case of control. EA feels that, since they're so amazing that console producers should cut them a break on royality fees. Microsoft said no, so EA pulled their offers off the table. Then, wanting to avoid another Dreamcast mistake ('99, EA's profits dropped off 38% due to the decision not to develop for the Dreamcast), they once against approached Microsoft. This time, they wanted lower royality fees to develop games for Live. Microsoft originally agreed, then later decided against it. Basically, Microsoft told EA they'd easily make up any money they put into Live titles, citing Ubi Soft's sucess with Ghost Recon on Live. EA said no, cancelled Battlefield 1942 and walked away.

EDIT: If any game is your god (especially a game like PSO), you need help. Plenty of it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TerribleDeliMeat on 2003-04-12 15:20 ]</font>

IceBlink
Apr 12, 2003, 05:27 PM
On 2003-04-12 15:04, Barubary6 wrote:

Hmmm. Considering that Microsoft wanted it's Xbox to be played worldwide... this is a bit of a blunder...

-- Barubary

Bleah. So much for the first generation online consoles... -_-;; Perhaps we'll have better luck with the XXX-Box and the GameSphere. XD

The_Hero_Of_Time
Apr 12, 2003, 05:35 PM
X-box doesnt deserve a great game such as PSO.

Math
Apr 12, 2003, 05:49 PM
On 2003-04-12 15:35, The_Hero_Of_Time wrote:

umm..why do you say that?...anyways i will play this game night an day when i get it!!!

TerribleDeliMeat
Apr 12, 2003, 05:52 PM
On 2003-04-12 15:49, Math wrote:

On 2003-04-12 15:35, The_Hero_Of_Time wrote:

umm..why do you say that?...anyways i will play this game night an day when i get it!!!

Can i nip this in the bud before it turns into a console pissing war? As much as I enjoy watching two folks go at it on a message board, I'm sure the majority doesn't.

RiGoRmOrTiS_UK
Apr 12, 2003, 06:31 PM
i was looking forward to the xbox verison for a long time.. infact I got really really hyped and hated waiting for it..but as soon as they annouced the region lockouts, all that want and need for the xbox version instantly disappeared and I purchased the gamecube version.

Thats my story, and unless they take out the region locks I wont be getting PSO for the xbox for my secondary character.

Yosho
Apr 12, 2003, 06:34 PM
I dont really care about the region locks anymore, I'm just sick of losing all my chars lol http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bash.gif