PDA

View Full Version : The Golden Age Approaches

Wriath
Apr 12, 2003, 06:15 PM
psox. no one wil have beaten the game. no dupes. no hacks. how wonderful it will be........

and then some obsessed duper beats the game in 24 hours and the Age of Mother $%#@*( begins. poop.

Guntz348
Apr 12, 2003, 06:18 PM
Ehhhh don't know if your in the right place, but uhhh bad news for ya. There are hacks, there are dupes, people are level 200 after forest, and the game is cracked open wider then humpty dumpty at an all you can eat breakfast buffet. Here's links to threads about the hacks ect.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=46115&forum=4&60

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=46815&forum=4&22

TeamPhalanx
Apr 12, 2003, 06:19 PM
Nice thought, but... You should keep more up to date on the cheating situation in PSOX.

I think there were 2 golden ages for PSO - The first few weeks of version I and GC PSO (US). Just like every other golden age, PSO will probably never see such times again.

TerribleDeliMeat
Apr 12, 2003, 06:19 PM
I'm not sure if that can be called the golden age of PSO.

For all things about PSOX, people always seem to forget that 90% of all XBOX owners are dumbasses who do nothing but whine and cry over voice chat.

True, you can mute some...but are you willing to give up spots on your friends list?

And, there's a topic like this just down a bit.

Wriath
Apr 12, 2003, 06:22 PM
sadly yes.... the point is there wont be any dupes out unless they are sabers. lolz. i have head about the xbox whiners. think of all the people here that will be going on tho.

Wriath
Apr 12, 2003, 06:24 PM
by the way, i mean the us release, which is in........ 3 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!

Guntz348
Apr 12, 2003, 06:25 PM
With an 80% rare drop rate, and level 200 after forest, I'd say it's gonna take about 2 hours for every rare to be gotten and massed duped. You'd be lucky if the game lasts for about 6 hours before the servers are flooded with mass dupes, with rediculous %'s.

Edit: Typos, think I got 'em all...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Guntz348 on 2003-04-12 16:26 ]</font>

Wriath
Apr 12, 2003, 06:34 PM
what wil the dupes be of? sabers? lol no one can get to vhard that fast and get the weapons

TerribleDeliMeat
Apr 12, 2003, 06:37 PM
If they're making rares drop, it doesn't take much to dupe them then.

The only way this will be a golden age is if the monthly delays were to fix problems that showed up on the JP version (Highly unlikely) or if you're sitting with your copy right now.

Yosho
Apr 12, 2003, 06:38 PM
On 2003-04-12 16:34, Wriath wrote:
what wil the dupes be of? sabers? lol no one can get to vhard that fast and get the weapons

You seem to have forgoten mats, which can be found in normal mode http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bash.gif

Wriath
Apr 12, 2003, 06:40 PM
there goes my hopes for a fun time. DAMN DUPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!! MOOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RagMasterRappy
Apr 12, 2003, 06:43 PM
Gruntz stated multiple times, and some of you chose to ignore him, but items can be obtained by hacking the game.

MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy
Apr 12, 2003, 06:49 PM
Some of you fail to understand. THIS IS NOT JP PSO!! Why the hell do you think US PSO was delayed so long? If I remember correctly, Barubary stated that the encryption was the same as the DC versions, so SonicTeam worked on increased and better encryption. I repeat, this is NOT JP PSO, there will most likely be NO DUPING, HACKING, OR CHEATING.

Math
Apr 12, 2003, 06:51 PM
On 2003-04-12 16:49, MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy wrote:
Some of you fail to understand. THIS IS NOT JP PSO!! Why the hell do you think US PSO was delayed so long? If I remember correctly, Barubary stated that the encryption was the same as the DC versions, so SonicTeam worked on increased and better encryption. I repeat, this is NOT JP PSO, there will most likely be NO DUPING, HACKING, OR CHEATING.

I was thinking the same thing Mono but really didnt want to say it just let them see it for them selfs..

Wriath
Apr 12, 2003, 06:52 PM
woot.

make that a double woot.

(100%excite=ment;)

TerribleDeliMeat
Apr 12, 2003, 06:53 PM

Do you have proof of this? I'd really like to see it.

MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy
Apr 12, 2003, 07:00 PM
The trial version of PSO now out in Japan on the Gamecube has already been cheated. There have been level 200 people floating around on the Gamecube servers - I wish someone had a screen shot of this.

These people cheat by connecting their Gamecube modem to their PC modem and faking a PPP server. From there, they send fake packets to the client that cause it to update its character data, then save and quit to make it permanent. (It uses the same mechanism that the real server uses to delete hacked stats from your characters.)

I had no direct involvement with this, nor did anyone else in GSCCC. The reality is that I broke the DC/PC PSO's internet protocol encryption and gave the source code to a Japanese cheater. From him it spread to others. Apparently, Sonic Team wasn't smart enough to change the internet protocol encryption from the DC/PC version to the Gamecube version, and this cheating is the result of it.

In short, blame me for the protocol encryption but don't blame me for Gamecube PSO being hacked. "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me." Sonic Team could use some Confucian training. (Actually, haven't they been fooled 4 times? I count 4 versions using the same protocol encryption I broke in version 1: v1, v2, PC, Gamecube.)

-- Barubary

I'm very disappointed in this.

A fellow PSOW member went to live support on the Xbox website, which he was told it was an encryption issue that caused it to be delayed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy on 2003-04-12 17:01 ]</font>

TerribleDeliMeat
Apr 12, 2003, 07:02 PM
On 2003-04-12 17:00, MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy wrote:

The trial version of PSO now out in Japan on the Gamecube has already been cheated. There have been level 200 people floating around on the Gamecube servers - I wish someone had a screen shot of this.

These people cheat by connecting their Gamecube modem to their PC modem and faking a PPP server. From there, they send fake packets to the client that cause it to update its character data, then save and quit to make it permanent. (It uses the same mechanism that the real server uses to delete hacked stats from your characters.)

I had no direct involvement with this, nor did anyone else in GSCCC. The reality is that I broke the DC/PC PSO's internet protocol encryption and gave the source code to a Japanese cheater. From him it spread to others. Apparently, Sonic Team wasn't smart enough to change the internet protocol encryption from the DC/PC version to the Gamecube version, and this cheating is the result of it.

In short, blame me for the protocol encryption but don't blame me for Gamecube PSO being hacked. "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me." Sonic Team could use some Confucian training. (Actually, haven't they been fooled 4 times? I count 4 versions using the same protocol encryption I broke in version 1: v1, v2, PC, Gamecube.)

-- Barubary

I'm very disappointed in this.

Hmmm...thats terrific...but I thought we were discussing the XBOX version and the proof you have of its delay being attributed to Sonic Team making better encryption?

edit: Wait you mean they went into the voice chat thing? Hilarious...considering you cant get Microsoft to admit anything about the title.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TerribleDeliMeat on 2003-04-12 17:04 ]</font>

MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy
Apr 12, 2003, 07:07 PM
The encryption problem is another reason why US X-PSO is separated from the JP version. This problem should be fixed now, and the game is being released next week.

TerribleDeliMeat
Apr 12, 2003, 07:11 PM
On 2003-04-12 17:07, MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy wrote:
The encryption problem is another reason why US X-PSO is separated from the JP version. This problem should be fixed now, and the game is being released next week.

So Microsoft has the foresight to predict there would be problems before they showed up? Didn't they announce the seperation shortly after the JP version went Live? (no pun intended)

I'm not trying to give you a hard time or anything, I'm half hoping it will be dupe free...but given past track records...

edit:spelling errors

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TerribleDeliMeat on 2003-04-12 17:11 ]</font>

WEBSTER
Apr 12, 2003, 07:20 PM
P$OX sux, with hacks running wild all over LIVE, I would say stay on GCPSO, I mean who is going to hold your hand to guide ya through the Cmode the lame hackin US players? Cause ya know you can't play with the *** players. =p

[edit]No racial slurs, please.
--IceBlink

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IceBlink on 2003-04-12 18:12 ]</font>

MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy
Apr 12, 2003, 07:26 PM
For one, NEVER, and I mean NEVER say "JAP", you always use "JP". Next, do not come into this coversation with rumors and pitiful reasons that we should not play on our version of PSO. Also, I don't think GC PSO is any better off than X-PSO. You have cheating, duping, and hacking too, so don't bring that GC fanboyishness into this topic. You're just being a hypocrite that is jealous that our version is most likely going to be fixed.

WEBSTER
Apr 12, 2003, 07:30 PM
Im a GC fanboy...........ROTFLMAO =P

oops forgot about the none PC take on ***, sorry haven't been hear for awhile.

[edit]You just been told, yet you continue to use it...
--IceBlink

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IceBlink on 2003-04-12 18:13 ]</font>

Yosho
Apr 12, 2003, 07:39 PM
On 2003-04-12 17:20, WEBSTER wrote:
PSOX sux, with hacks running wild all over LIVE, I would say stay on GCPSO, I mean who is going to hold your hand to guide ya through the Cmode the lame hackin US players? Cause ya know you can't play with the JAP players. =p

*sigh* another GC fanboy?

I dont think it will suck anymore then the gamecube version,It might not have hacks "yet" (but im willing to bet that codes will show up in a matter of time). but it's just as bad with dupes, then file coruptions are so common nowdays some people dont even wanna play online anymore.

Some people dont even care about not being able to go into other regions, I for one never played in other regions.

C-mode you say? it's not impossible with all US players, just depends on how bad you want an S-Rank. by the way dont say "JAP" http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bash.gif

Droxitr
Apr 12, 2003, 08:00 PM
I for one prefer the GC version because I can do multiplayer offline- no need to go on that scary 'internet' with file corruptions and cheaters galore... that and I plain don't like Microsoft very much. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

RagMasterRappy
Apr 12, 2003, 08:03 PM

Since it's possible to read the executables from the disc, it's also possible to decompile the program using a standard x86 disassembler and reverse the encryption algorithm that way.

Yosho
Apr 12, 2003, 08:26 PM
On 2003-04-12 18:00, Droxitr wrote:
I for one prefer the GC version because I can do multiplayer offline- no need to go on that scary 'internet' with file corruptions and cheaters galore... that and I plain don't like Microsoft very much. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Thats cool, as least you dont come out and say "PSOX sucks blah blah" lol http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bash.gif

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 12, 2003, 08:40 PM
On 2003-04-12 18:00, Droxitr wrote:

XBOX PSO has four controller ports too.
I thought it has offline multiplayer too.
So its just up to System and Controller preference for the offline multiplayin'.

Hehe you posted your words on that scary internet right now. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif And I bet you're using a Microsoft Operating system.

Well I'm offline on GC PSO too but I don't like the set up of 2-4 player modes.
Not showing HP/TP amounts? Ridiculous!

I don't mean to be rude and I respected the light-heartedness of your post, don't get me wrong, I just wanted to reply to some things you wrote.

I also motion and raise my hand to vote to not say "Jap" for JP/Japanese. It is very rude and disrespectful to not only myself but many many others.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2003-04-12 18:42 ]</font>