PDA

View Full Version : New to BR + Katana PA help

endEav0r
Nov 22, 2013, 10:15 PM
Hello,

I just recently started playing PSO2 with my friends and started a Braver. I've been enjoying the katana's so far but I was concerned with what PA's I should be using when fighting. I've just been using the default tsukimi-sazanka that I was given for free but was wondering if there are better skills to use. I've been leveling my mag geared towards striking/range atk as I want to use bows once in awhile. I'm currently following this skill build that I was browsing through this forums that matched the play style that suits me. Although I accidentally leveled an extra point in Katana Combat but it shouldn't throw me off too much, I hope.

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?05eOb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3IkbMbH 0IbInqnGKsN6JiGA000007b000009b000009b00000ib000000 lb000000lOdB4NdnIXrIJ2fGQ0006

I also wanted to know if there were any tips and tricks that I could be informed of so that I can become better as a braver and in the game.

Thank you very much for your time. Have a great day!

Limbo_lag
Nov 23, 2013, 02:37 AM
This is my pure katana build:

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06eOb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3IkbnIkbMbH 0IBInqnGXsO6JiGAIb00000lb000009b000000lb000009b000 000lb0000000ebqBkbdnmxsXI2l20000

Sakura endo for some bosses + stronger mobs
Kanran for small mobs/crowd clearing
Hatou Rindou for bosses

For bows, gonna have to ask someone else. With this build though, since you maxed fury, bow damage should still be decent (IIRC master shot still sometimes does more than Sakura)

Mainly I just use bows for sniping parts which cant be reached with katana (excluding when you have KC turned on).

EDIT: You can still use the default Tsukimi sazanka during KC, since its very fast and keeps vertical height.

kabutozero
Nov 23, 2013, 04:56 AM
You can also use HR for mobbing if on a mpa since zondeel will be used a lot , and frankly , you don't need kanran circular range when you have all mobs in the same spot and immobilized lol

Kondibon
Nov 23, 2013, 05:07 AM
For bows: Master shot and Kamikazi Arrow are your bread and butter. Penetrating arrow is also good if you can line it up to hit multiple enemies or multiple parts of a boss. Trit Shooter does a lot of damage, but it's annoying to use on bosses, so I mainly use it for knocking down large annoying enemies like Gawondas.
Torrential arrow can be useful if you use it on enemies that are grouped together with Gravity Point or Zondeel, but it's slow, so if enemies are moving around a lot it's pretty much useless. Gravity Point itself is only good for setting up other combos, but it's AoE is pretty small...

Sharp bomber is crap.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 23, 2013, 05:12 AM
EDIT: You can still use the default Tsukimi sazanka during KC, since its very fast and keeps vertical height.

You could also use consecutive un-charged sakura ends to stay in the air which does roughly the same damage total as a lvl16 tsukimi (which the op most likely does not have, so uncharged SE will be stronger).

Zenobia
Nov 23, 2013, 07:12 AM
You can also use HR for mobbing if on a mpa since zondeel will be used a lot , and frankly , you don't need kanran circular range when you have all mobs in the same spot and immobilized lol

9x's outtah 10 he won't always be in a mpa sense he is low lvl and Kanran is still a keeper for those situations.

kabutozero
Nov 23, 2013, 07:39 AM
that's why I said IF

endEav0r
Nov 23, 2013, 09:28 PM
Thank you everyone for the input! I'll just use kanran for now until I can get my hands on a sakura end or hatou rindou.

As for the bows, I did read up on the power of kamikazi arrow so thank you for further supporting it. Never heard much on master arrow, but maybe I missed it. I'll try to incorporate it back into my skills.

Another question, would I just focus on using average stance over weak stance since its really difficult to hit weak points when fighting mobs and/or bosses? And vice versa for bows, use weak stance for bosses and such? Thanks again for the help.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 24, 2013, 06:01 AM
Thank you everyone for the input! I'll just use kanran for now until I can get my hands on a sakura end or hatou rindou.

Remember, there's a time and place for each of those 3 PAs. Katanas aren't like D sabers where you can damn near deadly archer all of your problems.

As for the bows, I did read up on the power of kamikazi arrow so thank you for further supporting it. Never heard much on master arrow, but maybe I missed it. I'll try to incorporate it back into my skills.

Master shot is among the best long range, single target, R atk-based nukes in the game right now.

Another question, would I just focus on using average stance over weak stance since its really difficult to hit weak points when fighting mobs and/or bosses? And vice versa for bows, use weak stance for bosses and such? Thanks again for the help.

Even if you plan to use bows too, as long as you intend to use a katana+hatou rindou, spending 20 sp for 10% more weak point damage over average stance+up+charge just doesn't seem worth it at all, where you could spend the points to use KC twice as much+all of its perks.