PDA

View Full Version : [Rangers] Assault Rifle Max damage

Ordy
Nov 23, 2013, 02:50 PM
I've been wondering since SH update, what could be the most efficient weapon for a Ranger (with a Hunter sub, most of the time).

Before that, the best choice was to pick one (or all) of these:
Foia Rain vs Darker boss
Eru Tron vs Dragon boss
Signo Head Gun vs Machine boss

unlock Lv.3 latents and roll with this.

What would be the best AR right now when looking for max damage?

Arao Cylinder's latent looks badass, but does it outdamage the older rifles with latent Lv.3 vs specific boss type?

Flaupetal has an Enraged Stance latent, is it worth it? or is the Clylinder still better?

Kourekitou, XQ Stones AR. Not a huge fan of the design, but any thoughts about the damages compared to the other rifles?

GALEFORCE
Nov 23, 2013, 03:18 PM
Arao beats everythang.

Ordy
Nov 23, 2013, 03:22 PM
Arao beats everythang.

mmh, even a Yasminkov 7000V with 108 more R-ATK and its 11% Standing Snipe latent?

GreenArcher
Nov 23, 2013, 03:24 PM
Well the XQ rifle will have the highest damage on bosses. The latent is a 12% boost when there are no weather effects (boss arenas never do). However, getting that rifle to 50 element is very costly/time consuming.

GALEFORCE
Nov 23, 2013, 03:27 PM
Y7K is a falz 12*, which means you will likely never have it above 30 element or so. Unfortunately, this costs the weapon ~200ratk even on element-neutral enemies. An Arao can at least realistically be grinded to 50 element, so it would have the advantage.

Not to mention the fact that it's a lot easier to maintain Zero Effort than Steadfast Reaper while using your most damaging PAs.

Ordy
Nov 23, 2013, 03:36 PM
Thank you guys, I appreciate your arguments. Looks pretty clear to me now.

Hrith
Nov 25, 2013, 12:10 PM
Anti Android Rifle got Machine Killer, too, so it beats Signo Head Gun for that.

UnLucky
Nov 25, 2013, 12:37 PM
Not to mention the fact that it's a lot easier to maintain Zero Effort than Steadfast Reaper while using your most damaging PAs.
But you'd want Standing Snipe anyway since you've already got that in your skill tree...

Or are you saying Arao without SS is still stronger than Y7V with SS (though lower element)?

Ordy
Nov 25, 2013, 12:40 PM
Yes it does indeed, but it's pretty "new". When Signo Head Gun was released, you couldn't drop the AAR, when AAR's were released ... they had no latent.

Now they do have one, but like they said Arao Cylinder > All
(。・・)︻デ═一

GALEFORCE
Nov 25, 2013, 01:25 PM
But you'd want Standing Snipe anyway since you've already got that in your skill tree...

Or are you saying Arao without SS is still stronger than Y7V with SS (though lower element)?

You're right, you would want SS. I doubt Arao is strong enough to make up for losing SS, but in situations where neither have SS or both have SS, it'll be the clear winner. Given that HE is the best rifle PA, and it often requires repositioning to gather targets and hit a specific hitbox with them, I would rather have Zero Effort than Steadfast Reaper.

Even the runner-up PAs aren't particularly SS-friendly. Impact Slider can get the bonus, but it will ruin your next PA. Diffusion Shell will likely require repositioning, so you won't get the bonus for the first shot or two. Perhaps IS->DS->DS has potential with the right distance. Not sure if the kick animation is long enough to give you SS for the next PA.