PDA

View Full Version : RA/Hu still viable?

ShinMaruku
Nov 27, 2013, 02:23 PM
I see a bunch of Gu/Fi and the like but I like the play style of Ra/Hu better.
I was looking at http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06dQbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkIEfc gIEl2ebkbqBGXcB6cAfGA000007b000008dBJdJ29Xdnib0000 lb000009b07b00007o0000000Ib000008
Help me refine this. Never played my ranger in 6 months....

IndigoNovember
Nov 27, 2013, 02:31 PM
You have Just Reversal twice. If you use Launchers, you can get First Hit (Crazy Smash for fast JA -> whatever PA you want). Did you consult the Official Build Thread? You can use it to fill in any gaps. It looks like everything is on the right track though.

ShinMaruku
Nov 27, 2013, 02:41 PM
I have 2 just reversal because i use my hunter for other things as well. But I could knock it off.

GALEFORCE
Nov 27, 2013, 04:00 PM
Just Reversal is fine on ranger. Personally, I take it because I like to run Gu/Ra sometimes, and I didn't want to waste the SP on gunner. You will definitely want killing bonus with those last 10 points (in fact, I'd get it maxed before SS and any investment in blast bonus). First hit isn't all that great unless you really like cluster bullet, which doesn't work as well on SH now.

That said, I kind of lack SH experience on rahu. I don't really feel like playing it until I get my thriller and impact slider 16 discs. It's certainly still viable though, even if AB has fallen behind a bit.

UnLucky
Nov 27, 2013, 04:49 PM
Yeah, AB won't be oneshotting as much in SH, especially if you're missing that 10% from Fury Stance Up 2.

But it's still good if you use Thrillsplosion and launchers for mobbing, and of course WB is still amazing against bosses.

Sakarisei
Nov 27, 2013, 07:26 PM
Yeah, AB won't be oneshotting as much in SH, especially if you're missing that 10% from Fury Stance Up 2.

I really dunno why he needs oneshotting with melee weps in a RA, when he can oneshot with Sneak Shoot and WB everything that he looks. I don't see a problem in a Ra/Hu using AB for rushing in TAs or knocking down mobs or Over End for a good PA Sword. Furthermore, there are a sword and partisan able for Rangers. Traitor Linear and Flauda (The new and pink ones). That weapons can do at least a viable (but secondary, and lower) damage for his char. Unafortunately i haven't seen good WLs for RA so... maybe he should discard WL Gear until SEGA creates a good multiclass WL for Ra...

Emp
Nov 27, 2013, 07:44 PM
I really dunno why he needs oneshotting with melee weps in a RA, when he can oneshot with Sneak Shoot and WB everything that he looks. I don't see a problem in a Ra/Hu using AB for rushing in TAs or knocking down mobs or Over End for a good PA Sword. Furthermore, there are a sword and partisan able for Rangers. Traitor Linear and Flauda (The new and pink ones). That weapons can do at least a viable (but secondary, and lower) damage for his char. Unafortunately i haven't seen good WLs for RA so... maybe he should discard WL Gear until SEGA creates a good multiclass WL for Ra...

Yes there are many options in weapons as RaHu but the fact in the matter, is it effiecient, dmg wise? Wbing and homing emission is inefficient from my own experience in using it, great on bosses, ok in mpas. Dmg from hu weps is ok, you wont the get full benifits since u dont have brave/wise stance.

Im hoping for that day that Ra gets skills like gus sroll. Give it stupidly op standing snipe skills and itll be more viable in sh. Its gonna happen but question is when.

UnLucky
Nov 27, 2013, 08:10 PM

Oh I meant Additional Bullet, not Assault Buster. With the gunslash.

And using Sneak Shooter on mobs is... slow. If you're going to use a rifle for mobs, try Diffuse Shell or Impact Slider (lv16 for the both of them).

GALEFORCE
Nov 27, 2013, 08:40 PM
A 50 element Thriller powered by potential 3 jikomi does enough damage to one-shot plenty of mobs with a headshot (upwards of 14k dmg without elemental advantage). I know I'm narrowly missing out on some one and two PA kills because I'm lacking Thriller 16 too. It certainly gets the job done in SH.

It really helps that mobs charge right up to you now. You can get some juicy group headshots going.

UnLucky
Nov 27, 2013, 08:54 PM
I find myself trying to get that initial kick in and Standing Snipe on the first shot just for a little more damage. Just have the ol' snowflake gunslash, though.

Sakarisei
Nov 28, 2013, 01:12 AM
Oh I meant Additional Bullet, not Assault Buster. With the gunslash.

And using Sneak Shooter on mobs is... slow. If you're going to use a rifle for mobs, try Diffuse Shell or Impact Slider (lv16 for the both of them).

Oh, ok, ok. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding...

Well, perhaps you're right in the case that fury up 2 will make loss about 36% of more dps (well, we're removing a 10% of 399%, near of a bonus of 4 times your dps), making some important penalty while focusing in r-atk. Haven't tested Additional Bullet with or without that penalty, so can't do a good opinion of it.

GreenArcher
Nov 28, 2013, 12:54 PM
Diffuse shell 16 is incredibly powerful. You should be able to one shot just about every trash mob.

Emp
Nov 28, 2013, 02:18 PM
Diffuse shell 16 is incredibly powerful. You should be able to one shot just about every trash mob.

Without standing snipe? Dam

Onvirtual
Nov 29, 2013, 04:08 AM

Only if you hit their weakpoints (which in most cases do)

Hrith
Nov 29, 2013, 09:57 AM
RA/HU is one of the best classes at killing mobs and still good at slaughtering bosses, so yeah, it's more than 'viable'.

It's also a very varied class to play, there are numerous photon arts that are worth using, unlike gunner, for instance.

ShinMaruku
Nov 29, 2013, 07:38 PM
Finalized build right here: http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06dQbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkIEfc gIEl2ebkbqBGXcBdqInfcAfGA000007b000009bJdJ2ielXdni o0000lb000009b07b00007o0000000Ib000008

UnLucky
Nov 29, 2013, 08:00 PM
All those points just for 4% on First Hit. Where do you plan on putting your remaining 7 SP?

ShinMaruku
Nov 29, 2013, 09:45 PM
That last few points is really my issue.

Hrith
Nov 30, 2013, 03:53 AM
RA/HU with Just Reversal on HU is a waste, but I guess you only have one HU tree.

RA main without Dive Roll Advance Lv5+ is also quite meh.