PDA

View Full Version : Class Build around Elysion

ChiffonFairchild
Nov 28, 2013, 05:27 AM
Ok, so with my recent untekking of Elysion I actually have something to aim for. My big question is what Class/Subclass should I go with and what kind of trees do I want to aim for? TE/HU is something I'm heavily considering of course but I like to have a bit of variety and am honestly clueless when it comes to Techer class.

Sakarisei
Nov 28, 2013, 06:14 AM
I've got a doubt. What do you want? Melee or casting? If you want melee, get TE/HU for it. However, in the case that you want casting, you must choose FO/TE because Elysion is a Wand able for FOs, and of course, you can get more variety of rods for your character.

holmwood
Nov 28, 2013, 06:57 AM
Ok, so with my recent untekking of Elysion I actually have something to aim for. My big question is what Class/Subclass should I go with and what kind of trees do I want to aim for? TE/HU is something I'm heavily considering of course but I like to have a bit of variety and am honestly clueless when it comes to Techer class.

The special thing about elysion is it's potential. It works well with techs that don't lose out too much power when uncharged. Sazan/sazonde seems nice for this.

Te/hu mainly does wandwhack, so PP depletion isn't too big of an issue. This is wonderful for uncharged tech spam because you tend to have more pp than you need. Uncharged tech spam is bad for setups that have no alternative modes of attack that contribute to dps.

Te/Fo wand whack is pointless when you have gunslash shooting. The damage for wand whack is laughable.

UnLucky
Nov 28, 2013, 07:31 AM
I've got a doubt. What do you want? Melee or casting? If you want melee, get TE/HU for it. However, in the case that you want casting, you must choose FO/TE because Elysion is a Wand able for FOs, and of course, you can get more variety of rods for your character.
You don't need Fo/Te to use Elysion, you can go Fo/Fi or Te/Br just fine.

As stated, Sazonde and Sazan are both good uncharged techs, and you can totally go Lightning/Wind as a Fo/Te.

But the trick here is that PP Charge Revival is meaningless for uncharged techs, so Te/Br can do incredible damage with Sazan while losing nothing by not having Force as a subclass, as Braver or Fighter would give better damage.

I don't know why you'd want to go Te/Hu with the Elysion since your techs wouldn't be as good. The Stina wand would be better for pure melee damage, anyway.

ChiffonFairchild
Nov 28, 2013, 07:40 AM

I'd like to go TE/HU and spice things up a bit as I think I've got down what to do for FO/TE.

The special thing about elysion is it's potential. It works well with techs that don't lose out too much power when uncharged. Sazan/sazonde seems nice for this.

Te/hu mainly does wandwhack, so PP depletion isn't too big of an issue. This is wonderful for uncharged tech spam because you tend to have more pp than you need. Uncharged tech spam is bad for setups that have no alternative modes of attack that contribute to dps.

Te/Fo wand whack is pointless when you have gunslash shooting. The damage for wand whack is laughable.

Yeah, I've gone TE/FO and it's been pretty unsatisfactory for me. I've got a +10 50 light Sonic Laser GS (Mizer, Shoot III) which keeps balanced as you've pointed out.

As stated, Sazonde and Sazan are both good uncharged techs, and you can totally go Lightning/Wind as a Fo/Te.

But the trick here is that PP Charge Revival is meaningless for uncharged techs, so Te/Br can do incredible damage with Sazan while losing nothing by not having Force as a subclass, as Braver or Fighter would give better damage.

I don't know why you'd want to go Te/Hu with the Elysion since your techs wouldn't be as good. The Stina wand would be better for pure melee damage, anyway.

Okok I see what you're saying Braver tree is simple enough and I got down Wind side of Tech tree I just feel like there's a lot I can do on the right side of that tree yet I'm not too sure what to throw points into.

Sanguine2009
Nov 28, 2013, 07:42 AM
te/fi is what i would go with, fo only offers cheaper bolt techs and about 10% better damage for a single element compared to brave stance and less than wise stance.
pp charge is utterly worthless if you are running a build based around elysion

UnLucky
Nov 28, 2013, 08:13 AM
Te/Br (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06ydbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkjdt9 bIn0000000lb000009b000000lb000009b000000j4OdqHXidI 2HS4Q5fn00000iOqBGAfcKfJfk0000j):
No Stance Charge, obviously, and you'd use it mainly when you can target an entire area's weakness/weakpoints. You lose out on damage compared to Fighter, but you don't have to worry about positioning.

Te/Fi (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06hQbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkjdt9 bIn0000000jebHoGBbnGKiNfbnr0000fb000000lb000009b00 0000j4OdqHXfdFI2cF4Q5fo00000ib000008):
A bit different Techer tree to go a bit better with Adrenaline, but you can just use the one from above. Or try a maxed out PP Convert instead. You can use this build anywhere, so you don't have to worry about weaknesses.

Sakarisei
Nov 28, 2013, 10:05 AM

You can, but in the case that you need switching classes for lvling or... who knows, Fo/Te or Te/Fo won't lose the equipped Elysion while Fi/Fo or Br/Te yes.

FireswordRus
Nov 28, 2013, 10:50 AM
build with iron will

ChiffonFairchild
Nov 28, 2013, 10:09 PM
Te/Br (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06ydbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkjdt9 bIn0000000lb000009b000000lb000009b000000j4OdqHXidI 2HS4Q5fn00000iOqBGAfcKfJfk0000j):
No Stance Charge, obviously, and you'd use it mainly when you can target an entire area's weakness/weakpoints. You lose out on damage compared to Fighter, but you don't have to worry about positioning.

Te/Fi (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06hQbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkjdt9 bIn0000000jebHoGBbnGKiNfbnr0000fb000000lb000009b00 0000j4OdqHXfdFI2cF4Q5fo00000ib000008):
A bit different Techer tree to go a bit better with Adrenaline, but you can just use the one from above. Or try a maxed out PP Convert instead. You can use this build anywhere, so you don't have to worry about weaknesses.

Awesome, much thanks! Definitely something I can work with there that works with my play style~

BlueCast Boy
Nov 29, 2013, 10:57 AM
I think I'll keep this in mind when I try to put Potential on my Elysion, also got one question thou does the Normal Tech on Force Skill Tree boost significally with the potent?

UnLucky
Nov 29, 2013, 11:41 AM
Normal Tech Advance is 10% damage, just like the JA or Charge skills.

Gama
Dec 4, 2013, 10:32 AM
well TE/FI isnt bad i must say, i do run out of pp rather quickly tho.

any advice?

Sanguine2009
Dec 4, 2013, 11:21 AM
you could carry a gun slash or use zondeel > melee of choice on mobs, other than that either affix more pp or if ya have the spare sp get pp convert/restore (wont help too much but its something)

moeri
Dec 4, 2013, 02:52 PM
I think a build like this might be good for Te/Fi (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06hQbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkjdt9 bIn0000000jebHoGBbnGKiNfbnr0000fb000000lb000009b00 0000j4OdqHXfdsI2msjkbI2Ie00009b000008) (probably never use wand lovers)

This will give you the ability to use wands as melee weapons, if you so desire, and I think that was a desire (for OP). To me it seems like this build would mix in what techer is really supposed to be, in my eyes at least. Casting both techs and using melee and being effective at both.

Of course you lose out on pp convert. Though -cost on support techs will also make casting shifta/zondeel just that much more cost effective.

I would love to do some tests on how effectively a te/fi would make use of pp convert. A build with pp convert will definitely be able to use all of the pp, but I am wondering how much of that pp will be wasted due to spamming attacks. A Te/Fi should be able to spam all of the pp away with uncharged techs, and still be using some alternate form of pp regen leading to an increase in the amount of time spent casting, and therefore not regening pp with pp convert.

Don't get me wrong, I still think pp convert is great for more casting with elysion, but I am just curious as to how it actually plays out by comparison to a more standard charge (pp revival)-> cast.

UnLucky
Dec 4, 2013, 03:32 PM
Skills that boost PP regen from attacks, like Gunner's APPR or Fighter's Crazy Heart, help a lot more for this than passive PP regen like PPR or PPC (or mag stuff).

Though since you're not charging your techs, then you get more out of boosted PP regen than the PA using classes since techs don't take long to cast. You can quickly dump your PP and wait for your bar to fill (with some regular attacks, too).

Still sucks that you get zero PP regen while casting, and I'm still waiting for them to add that as a Techer skill, but all you can do is spam normal attacks when you're out. You're going to have major PP issues no matter what with uncharged techs.

Gama
Dec 5, 2013, 03:57 AM
Well ive tested the build you sugested and i felt a bit on the lacking on the wand wacking

i like to hit stuff with the wand.

TE/FI (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06hQbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkjdt9 bIn0000000jebHoGBbnGKiNfbnr0000fb000000lb000009b00 0000j4OdqHXfdFI2sSjkbI2Ib00009b000008) but with wand lovers and wand reactor.

is dark mastery important? ive already adapted to the new pp status so i dont fall short of it so often, i pretty much stopped using pp convert, and pretty much use sazan for everything .

advice?

UnLucky
Dec 5, 2013, 05:07 AM
Yeah, Te/Fi would be best for melee+techs, as Weak Stance rarely works for melee on standard mobs.

I think EWH would help you more than PPR. +20% damage if your wand's element matches vs +1PP/s while not casting.

Dark Mastery wouldn't work out too well with uncharged techs, unless you really want to spam uncharged Namegid at 60PP a shot...

I skipped Wand Reactor in my builds since it's more of a pure casting spec, refilling PP with a gunslash instead of melee. Without a Hunter sub and S-Atk mag, I don't think it's worth trying to melee, but that's just me. Plus I stubbornly hold onto PPC at the expense of other useful skills.

Gama
Dec 5, 2013, 06:44 AM
altho i do want to deal a good amount of damage, i have allot of fun whacking the wand and i've been doing good damage with that as well,

currently TE 57 and FI 38 i have 1987 S atk and around 1846 T atk with my not so pure T atk mag (" 30 dex" why? because i think it matters.)

so with Brave stance on and correct positioning ill do 900-1200 on the first hit and then 1800-2500 on the burst, sometimes 4000 or more if crit and if the enemy is with a status effect.

sazonde is very irregular ranging from 1500 steady to 4000 per tick "probbly status effect boost" and i might be exagerating a bit.

i have no issues on any area, enemy element weakness is now irrelevant ill rape everything with 2-3 charged sazonde, i still have some issues with arms for example but Weakshot facing it in the front with lock on its weakness givs me 12000 dmg per sazonde tick

so it beats zonde, namegid, nafoie flat.

my main issue is that i need to be in the heat of the battle, and altho i have 701 hp now, i probably need more hp.

saw a a player named paprika,

and her elysion alone gave her 100 extra hp, i've wasted around 2 mil trying to afix ragne soul and tech III to my elysion, and quit out of frustration. 40k each try... plus the weapons with the afixes...

also i'm using the ragne set because of the strike resistance, been trying to make the afixes better, but i end up making them more useless in the process, i probbly lack the skills and patience to make i work...

saw some TE/FI using the Schlacht set, so i wonder wich one will be more beneficial.

moeri
Dec 5, 2013, 10:04 AM
I think EWH would help you more than PPR. +20% damage if your wand's element matches vs +1PP/s while not casting.

I skipped Wand Reactor in my builds since it's more of a pure casting spec, refilling PP with a gunslash instead of melee. Without a Hunter sub and S-Atk mag, I don't think it's worth trying to melee, but that's just me. Plus I stubbornly hold onto PPC at the expense of other useful skills.

I personally like PPR myself, it is going to lose some of its effectiveness due to more time spent casting, though you are pretty much always going to be using sazan with this build(not getting EWH all the time), so seems fine to me. Either seems like an okay choice.

It is definitely not optimal in term of melee damage, but the real question is if wand or gunslash is better for this build. This mainly comes down to "is the wand damage worth the loss of pp recovery." Personally I don't know the math, or the required numbers on this, so really I can't tell you.

Also, as a side note, if you used a wand, you would also benefit more from PPR, due to slightly more time spent meleeing.

PPC just seems like too many wasted SP for only 1 notable skill. That SP could instead be spent on PPR, EWH, or Territory PP Save. Though the synergy between PPR and PPC is really nice.

At this point I think either could be good, if we really wanted to see which one was better I think some testing would be in order.