PDA

View Full Version : Now that I'm doing egg collection e-codes...

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 28, 2013, 02:43 PM
I think I'm not the only one wishing sega fixes them. Are there alot of JP players complaining about the red codes for these too now that they're worth something?

Is there a trick to doing the red codes with two and a half minutes, or do I really have to get lucky with the invisible eggs, location hint delay, and sometimes melitta repeating the same location for one egg twice when there is a second one yet to be found somewhere else?

UnLucky
Nov 28, 2013, 02:52 PM
Wait, they give rewards now?

gigawuts
Nov 28, 2013, 02:53 PM
SH codes would be where so many of the good units come from, yes.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 28, 2013, 03:01 PM
SH codes would be where so many of the good units come from, yes.

^ The units from this one specifically is the gloam 2 set if I remember correctly, worth about 20 mil per last I checked, which is why I'm pissed I managed to fail this red code 3 times solo so far...

Emp
Nov 28, 2013, 03:15 PM
I think I'm not the only one wishing sega fixes them. Are there alot of JP players complaining about the red codes for these too now that they're worth something?

Is there a trick to doing the red codes with two and a half minutes, or do I really have to get lucky with the invisible eggs, location hint delay, and sometimes melitta repeating the same location for one egg twice when there is a second one yet to be found somewhere else?

Only trick is to do the code with friends/mpa. Sometimes u can get lucky and get the eggs to spawn close by.

The Walrus
Nov 28, 2013, 03:58 PM
Is it timed on SH or something?

gigawuts
Nov 28, 2013, 04:13 PM
Boosted/infected/red/whatever codes have timers and better (or more accurately, better rates for) rewards.

The Walrus
Nov 28, 2013, 04:14 PM
Huh, never even noticed they were timed...

gigawuts
Nov 28, 2013, 04:15 PM
Some are, some aren't. I don't know if all egg codes are timed, but I know some completely different infected codes aren't timed at all.

Kondibon
Nov 28, 2013, 04:27 PM
I don't know about the timed thing, it seems random since I've only seen it timed once or twice, but I'm pretty sure that ever since they made things for code collects spawn closer than whatever you're collecting will only spawn within one quadrant of the collector. I've never had to go farther than that.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 28, 2013, 04:45 PM
Every red egg code I've dealt with recently had a 2 minute 30 second timer

Kondibon
Nov 28, 2013, 04:56 PM
It must be difficulty based then, unless it has something to do with those dragonkin you have to kill when it starts. I haven't done it in a while.

strikerhunter
Nov 28, 2013, 05:07 PM
Boosted/infected/red/whatever codes have timers and better (or more accurately, better rates for) rewards.

Some are, some aren't. I don't know if all egg codes are timed, but I know some completely different infected codes aren't timed at all.

Red Codes that have a timer:
-Destruction-dachrynome or whatever how it's spelled.
-Destruction-Baize is technically timed before I goes kaboom.
-Capture
-Rescue (both seabed and lilipa)
-Gesture
-Collect (cave doors, mineral mining aka drills, and dragon eggs/crystal)
-Judgement
-Elimination
-Protect (crystals)
-Quick

Red Codes that don't have a timer:
-Duel
-Attack
-Protection: Airship

I think I'm missing a few but this is what I can remember from the top of my head. Normally, with the exception of eliminations, all non-kill "x" monster has a timer.

It must be difficulty based then, unless it has something to do with those dragonkin you have to kill when it starts. I haven't done it in a while.

Nope, by default red code egg collects are 2:30.

UnLucky
Nov 28, 2013, 05:24 PM
Wish they'd just remove Collect and Capture codes instead of fail to improve them.

strikerhunter
Nov 28, 2013, 05:38 PM
Wish they'd just remove Collect and Capture codes instead of fail to improve them.

Capture codes are annoying, they don't do any shit besides wasting time. Killing the boss is faster than capturing it. An improvement could had been easily done, like +rare drop % by 20% or whatever that makes it worth it. The EXP/Mesta from code is not worth the doing.

Collect codes are stupidly annoying since you have to search for them if it is eggs/crystals but if you don't it then you'll be blocked off from other codes because of it and as for door collects it's just a stupid idea having one happening 99% of the time before A3 caves making players running back into all those force codes again.

SakoHaruo
Nov 28, 2013, 07:06 PM
can I spam FC egg quest for red codes?

gigawuts
Nov 28, 2013, 07:17 PM
I believe so, yes. There's one way to find out.

ChinaSue
Nov 28, 2013, 08:07 PM
Don't forget to actually do capture codes now.

They can drop White Tail.

gonder
Nov 29, 2013, 12:14 AM
It has to be a rare code in order to have a chance at the gloam units?

Swordslinger
Nov 29, 2013, 12:27 AM
The eggs seem to be invisible till you're about 2 or 3 meters from them. You pretty much need to comb the box they say they're in. And yes, if they repeat the area you just claimed one that means there is a second one there. And yes, the egg one is pretty annoying (especially compared to the collect ore one).