PDA

View Full Version : Twin Kamui + Marie Nails weapon model FPS drop when dash ?

HikariWing
Dec 6, 2013, 06:09 AM
i got a huge FPS drop when random ppl do a triple dash ( switch weapon way ) or quad dash with them . Someone else got this problem or just me .... ?

Bozhestvo
Dec 6, 2013, 09:45 AM
A bunch of TD weapon models get get FPS drops when dashing and can be really bad when triple/quad dashing, and usually ruins the experience for others. I get it in MPA's quite often.

HikariWing
Dec 6, 2013, 09:17 PM
i got this problem when do TA too , not only in MPA ....

Sanguine2009
Dec 6, 2013, 10:28 PM
it only takes 1 or 2 people to get the fps drops

TaigaUC
Dec 7, 2013, 12:29 AM
Does it happen even with all settings on low?

PSO2 is annoyingly inconsistent with FPS drops and other crap that mess with gameplay.
I get the impression that most serious TA people play on minimum graphics for that reason.

SEGA!

HikariWing
Dec 7, 2013, 01:03 AM
Does it happen even with all settings on low?

PSO2 is annoyingly inconsistent with FPS drops and other crap that mess with gameplay.
I get the impression that most serious TA people play on minimum graphics for that reason.

SEGA!

my FPS will drop if some ppl use twin dagger model lag like Nishiki , Twin Reaping ( Twin Kamui , Marie Nails !? ) for triple (switching) or quad-dash even with all low setting ^^; ( in TA runs )

EvilMag
Dec 7, 2013, 01:08 AM
I blame gameguard.

HikariWing
Dec 7, 2013, 05:29 AM
I blame gameguard.

i can sure it's not gameguard fault :(

Today i got FPS drop again when do TACOs with random ppl who have Twin Kamui ( this guy use triple dash by switching between Twin Kamui and spear ) , so i believe Twin Kamui should be listed to weapon model lag for dashing ( not sure with Marie Nails ... ) . if anyone have the condition to test this or got the same problem with me , please confirm there ... Thanks

TaigaUC
Dec 7, 2013, 06:41 AM
Sounds terrible. Would headbutt the devs if I could.

Hrith
Dec 8, 2013, 04:53 AM
I'd headbutt the cheaters using third-party programs to dash to gain 3 seconds in a game mode that is not timed?

gigawuts
Dec 8, 2013, 08:59 AM
I'd headbutt the cheaters using third-party programs to dash to gain 3 seconds in a game mode that is not timed?

The best part is...a lot of the people that do it don't use macros.

They actually press those buttons.

I'm guessing they go through a controller a month.

SakoHaruo
Dec 8, 2013, 10:23 AM
I started triple/quad dashing back in Q1 of this year. My R2 (dash) button finally stop working about a week ago. also, what's with all the dash threads? Everyone wants to tryhard now :lol:

Shadowth117
Dec 8, 2013, 11:28 AM
I think its stupid that they allow something that makes frames drop to persist when its fixable, but you really can't blame people for using it given that. You do go noticeably faster and even if stuff isn't timed... and well I'm sure those of us who drive know of many, many people that exceed the speed limit by a good margin quite commonly. You could ask any of them why people do it honestly, although given that it seems to be the majority from what I've seen you could easily ask yourself as well.

But yeah, its not stupidly hard to do it on keyboard because of instant switches and its not terrible on controllers (or really something that wears on them). Although I did give myself tendinitis because of all of the extra D-pad movements doing triple on a controller manually before.

Gama
Dec 9, 2013, 05:41 AM
i never bothered with dashing honestly... but i'm a TE/FI ^^

i find it anoying tho. wish sega gave us some fast running ability so ppl would stop doing dashes.

Vent
Dec 10, 2013, 01:53 PM
That's why you don't see JP players quad dashing in TAs, because it lags others. Only thing you will see nowadays is triple dashing with LA cancel instead of weapon switch.

Remz69
Dec 10, 2013, 02:56 PM
That's why you don't see JP players quad dashing in TAs, because it lags others. Only thing you will see nowadays is triple dashing with LA cancel instead of weapon switch.

wishful thinking

SakoHaruo
Dec 10, 2013, 02:58 PM
It's not just daggers. If someone wants to be a dick they could walk next to other players and spam weapon swap with many weapons. Anyone new to dashing should be informed about the lag issues. experienced players know all the details on this and should respect other players by not using any of the the weapons that cause lag spikes. The easiest way to find out which ones lag is by turning your FPS (FRAPS/Bandi) and test things out yourself.

I dash with Lava Seeker & Optreion, both do not cause any frame drops/lag spikes for me or my party.

SSSSS++++: Lava Seekers <-- many will agree

S: Optreion, Lambda Legzaga, Hihikane, Mizer Ripper, Camo'd Daggers

A: Cross Scar, 1* - 6* Daggers, Cruel Flouga, Clavelnix

FFFFFFFFF---------: everything else

note: I haven't did test all of them. these are just the ones I have experience using.

Z-0
Dec 10, 2013, 03:05 PM
It's actually an unwritten rule that you should not weapon switch dash in random JP TA games, because it can cause lag for some players. People won't mind if you do it with something like camo'd daggers and a pair of allclass knuckles, but most people just LA dash like Vent said.

Remz69
Dec 10, 2013, 03:23 PM
It's actually an unwritten rule that you should not weapon switch dash in random JP TA games, because it can cause lag for some players. People won't mind if you do it with something like camo'd daggers and a pair of allclass knuckles, but most people just LA dash like Vent said.

must be a nice ship then ...
i said that because even though it's true for me as well on ship 10 that Jps don't weapon switch dash too much, they don't give a shit or just don't know about the lag issues
90% of the people i get in TAs use uncamoed nishiki (even fighters....) and a partizan if they sub Hu

though they don't weapon switch dash outside of when they switch the partizan
that + the frequent switching to their main weapon

still cause 10 times more harm than me quad dashing with my 1* and 2* TDs ( or with camoed TD+knuckles on my other classes)

and i've been running my TAs daily for months

edit: to be honest, outside of my friend list and myself, i can't even remember a single person using a camo on their nishiki/reaper