PDA

View Full Version : Infinity pspo2i on vita: will this work? (questions)

Axiom
Dec 9, 2013, 07:51 AM
So i was thinking About getting pspo2i again but i dont have a psp.
I have a vita so i have a few questions:
- if i make a Jpn psn account, will i be able to download pspo2i and play it online? (On vita)
- how much is pspo2i in the store atm?
- is it worth it? Do ppl still play online?

Thanks

Link1275
Dec 9, 2013, 12:47 PM
So i was thinking About getting pspo2i again but i dont have a psp.
I have a vita so i have a few questions:
- if i make a Jpn psn account, will i be able to download pspo2i and play it online? (On vita)
- how much is pspo2i in the store atm?
- is it worth it? Do ppl still play online?

Thanks
The answer to your first question is No. To my knowledge there is absolutely no way to play PSP2I on Vita. If there is a way it is in CFW for the PSP emulator in the Vita or Vita CFW.

blace
Dec 9, 2013, 03:26 PM
None of the PSP games are compatible with the Vita and are limited to the PSP. The game is 5,040 from what I can find on the JP PS site, so rougly $50 from the PS store.

Izuna
Dec 20, 2013, 02:15 AM
I am playing PSPo2i on the Vita right now. They released a CFW for the latest version 3.01.

It's really awesome. =)
Especially since the right stick means no more clawing.

blace
Dec 20, 2013, 02:23 AM
That's only if you run CFW for the PSP emulator on the Vita, the game doesn't work without it otherwise.

iC3 lightning
Jan 16, 2014, 12:03 AM
Whats a cfw? And how do i use it?
Do you need a Japanese vita to play psp2i?
Can i play psp2i on a US psp or does it have to be a Japanese psp?
One more question do if i where to buy a Japanese vita will i be able to play pso2 in the us(multiplayer)?

blace
Jan 16, 2014, 12:49 AM
CFW is a type of firmware that is basically a work around of the default firmware pre-installed on the system, in this case the PSP and Vita.

Normally, PSP2i won't work with the Vita for whatever reason Sega has, but using CFW you can get it to run on the system.

Now, the answer to your question about PSO2 can be found here (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204985) in the PSO2 board.

Be aware that if you want to play it on the Vita you must import the cartridge version of the game, otherwise if you wish to download the game, you must be signed in under a JP PSN ID in order to play and must stay logged in on that ID.

SC
Jan 23, 2014, 03:07 PM
I'm interested to learn how Izuma got the CFW to work with Vita and PSP2i, after all these attempts to get it to work.

It would certainly lighten my load in my bag so I can carry one system instead of two.

But my only concern is that can the DLC work on it? I couldn't live without Gurhal Heroes and the lack of Infinity Codes to begin with.

blace
Jan 23, 2014, 03:22 PM
It might work, but the DLC for the game was locked and unavailable when I tried looking for the game. May be different now, but you can give it a try.

Ami
Jan 23, 2014, 04:06 PM
Actually, PSPo2i has been on sale on JP PSN for a while so you can get it for 500yen until feb.19

SC
Jan 23, 2014, 06:44 PM
Ami, even though is it is still on the store, can it be downloaded onto a Vita?

After going through the forum, legit or CFW, it doesn't look like PSP2i can be run on a Vita.

Ami
Jan 23, 2014, 08:38 PM
Oh I wouldn't know, I'm too broke to buy a Vita. I use my PSP

blace
Jan 23, 2014, 08:45 PM
Won't even show in the store if you're trying to download it to a Vita. It'll show up in your download history, but it'll give you an error if you try to download it.

If you still have a PSP for the game that's fine, but if you really want to play it from your Vita, you're going to have to do some research into finding a working and up to date CFW that'll work with the Vita updates.

Roger Triton
Jan 24, 2014, 07:32 PM
Is there a youtube video that shows how to get it running? This is the one time I'd sell my PSP to upgrade to a Vita.
So many more games on Jpn Vita than U.S. tbqh.

blace
Jan 24, 2014, 07:50 PM
Not that I know of that are recent.

However, the biggest deal breaker is that you need separate memory cards, as memory cards are account locked, whereas you change the SEN ID and activating products for that region and vice versa.

You'll also need to go through the entire process of setting up your Vita whenever you want to switch ID's to play certain games.

In short, you're going to need to shell out more money for the memory cards alone and since they're a proprietary product, only Sony makes them and we all know how much more expensive Sony branded products are.

Aki_Yoruno
Feb 23, 2014, 03:27 PM
Just a wild guess, but kind of understanding how the access key for individual copies works, I can NOT play this online on the Vita, right?

blace
Feb 23, 2014, 06:06 PM
The license is based on your account and is linked to that account. I have two PSP's so I can tell you that as long as you activate the product through PSN it'll work perfectly.

I can't say the same for the Vita as it requires a third party program to run the game on the system, but I assume it can work as long as the original ID that had the key activated was in use.

landman
Feb 27, 2014, 06:27 PM
I missed that JP store sale on PSP2i (what's the current price?), if the game can be downloaded from the store, it CAN be played on the Vita, even if it does not show on the Vita store. Simply download it with a PS3/PC, and then connect the Vita and enjoy. For the Japanese game a Japanese account and formatted memory card will be needed of course.

I can play PSP2 PAL on my Vita, at least I was able to redownload it when Sega took it out of the store... now I also have a backup on the PS3.

JC200X
Feb 27, 2014, 10:57 PM
I missed that JP store sale on PSP2i (what's the current price?)

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217345

Infinity was removed from the JP PS Store a little over a week ago. If you want to buy it, you'll have to go for a physical copy.

blace
Feb 28, 2014, 12:00 AM
I missed that JP store sale on PSP2i (what's the current price?), if the game can be downloaded from the store, it CAN be played on the Vita, even if it does not show on the Vita store. Simply download it with a PS3/PC, and then connect the Vita and enjoy. For the Japanese game a Japanese account and formatted memory card will be needed of course.

I can play PSP2 PAL on my Vita, at least I was able to redownload it when Sega took it out of the store... now I also have a backup on the PS3.
Yeah, no. I've tried that method and it gave me an error trying to copy the game over to my Vita. The PSP games were not meant to be played on Vita, because Sega.

landman
Feb 28, 2014, 01:25 AM
But this only affects infinity? because I can play PSP2... Are you sure you tried to copy "the installer"? if you just download the game, and don't do any action (the PS3 will "prepare" the dowload to dump it to PSP, but you can say to download as a background process and it will not "install" it when it has finished downloading), in my case, the Vita has recognized any digital PSP game...

Shame I missed the opportunity to get the digital copy, I already have the UMD but I love the definition on the vita screen, and the right stick to move the camera...

blace
Feb 28, 2014, 01:47 AM
It only affects the US version of PSP2 and PSP2i. Since you said PAL version, isn't that the same version as the EU? Last I heard of that, you could download it onto a Vita and be fine.

Aki_Yoruno
Feb 28, 2014, 01:53 AM
The PSP games were not meant to be played on Vita, because Sega.

They never learn...

Blace, do you still have a PSP? Or a form of PSP2i playable online? Looking to collect others' characters before I make the switch.

blace
Feb 28, 2014, 02:00 AM
I do, just haven't touched any of the two systems in a while so I may need to charge one or the other, nor have I really touched the game after getting the bad ending in PSP2i.

landman
Feb 28, 2014, 05:36 AM
It only affects the US version of PSP2 and PSP2i. Since you said PAL version, isn't that the same version as the EU? Last I heard of that, you could download it onto a Vita and be fine.
The PAL version was not on the store either, I had to download it with the PS3, and then read the installer with the Vita. It's not the same to have the installer than the "ready" version. The "ready" one (the one you can arrange as a PSP game on the PS3 menu), can be uploaded to the PSP, but not the Vita, but the Vita can read the installer (the icon in a bubble) of any PSP game downloaded into the PS3.

I don't believe there is a restriction on any game, other than interests, and Sega West was not interested in supporting the game, and Sega of Japan had PSO2 plans for the Vita.