PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about that crafting?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

IndigoNovember
Jan 10, 2014, 02:22 PM
Item Desynthesis

Equipment Extension and Technic Customization requires certain materials broken down from weapons, units, and PA disks. You can gain these materials from dismantling the following items:

7★ or higher weapons and units
Lv. 11+ Photon Art/Technic Disks

from Ricardo (bumped/psublog)

Arksenth
Jan 10, 2014, 02:24 PM
I have a few extra 11* units from XQs; I wonder if there's anything special for breaking down 11* instead of 10*, or if I should just be holding onto them for trading passes.

I GUESS WE'LL ALL FIND OUT IN A WEEK.

Speaking of which, figuring out which weapons have which latents is going to be a pain especially if the English patch doesn't translate them ahead of time as usual. =|

MetalDude
Jan 10, 2014, 04:00 PM
Gonna be fun watching swiki updates while it lags to death on day 1 of the release.

Arksenth
Jan 10, 2014, 04:24 PM
<_< I might just start a "report your new weapon latent for all your +10 weapon" topic here.

BIG OLAF
Jan 10, 2014, 04:35 PM
I'm sure that would work, what with everyone knowing how to read kanji around here.

UnLucky
Jan 10, 2014, 09:27 PM
Just post screenshots if it's totally brand new and check out a list of latents whenever that updates, otherwise the patch would cover the old latents on new weapons.

isCasted
Jan 11, 2014, 06:03 PM
IMO, crafting is SEGA's way (see what I did there?) to fix affixing mechanics. No, I am not talking about RNG being horrible during affixing (crafting involves it too) - let's try seeing at how it works on paper.

In present days it's general knowledge that you can get up to 100 ATK on each weapon and unit by a cost of tens of millions of meseta. There is the problem - for such amounts of money and rage this boost is really minor.

Now let's imagine times when this game just started. Level cap is 30, no such thing as subclass, total ATK barely reaches 1000... Getting all those affixes back then made you a GOD of the game. Even if you find a random 2* with some affixes like "Power III" it might probably outclass your unaffixed 7*...

...but wait, isn't that what they were showing in demo videos of crafting?

Special abilities themselves become outdated for a same reason why you hate skills like Photon Flare and Halfline Slayer - damage boost you gain from them is static, so they get less viable as time passes. I seriously don't understand why do people show so much hype for Power/Shoot/Technique Boost items - they are minor and they are not worth the hype and cost.

Spirita and Stamina are the only viable special abilities IMO, because Stamina bonuses still hold up, while Spirita... Spirita will never be outdated, because you don't gain more PP as you level up or get stronger equipment (so extra 80 PP will always be valued as it's valued now, while 180 S-ATK will lose its current value when level cap reaches 75).

Affixing was supposed to be this game's crafting from the very beginning. Just like with crafting you break weaker weapons to extend better ones (which can make "trash" highly valuable) and you can make your weapon have whatever capabilities you want (want your Ajax PB be stronger when you play as melee class? No problem! Put "Shoot III" on your favourite Sword!;-)).

One thing I like in affixing better - it's less straightforward. With crafting you easily know what to do - find a recipe, find materials, craft! Affixing is art, and everyone who at least 3-slotted something succesfully will understand me.

Rakurai
Jan 12, 2014, 10:02 PM
I'm curious about whether the crafting level and cooldowns are going to be per account or per character.

The fact that you need to unlock all of the achievements to learn all of the recipes would encourage using only a single character for crafting regardless of how it ends up being, though.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 13, 2014, 12:59 AM
So...I hope with the crafting ill be able to keep my yas9k Level 3 zero effort mizer,shootIII,posion III ><
People been telling me lately they outdated

WildarmsRE5
Jan 13, 2014, 05:30 AM
So...I hope with the crafting ill be able to keep my yas9k Level 3 zero effort mizer,shootIII,posion III ><
People been telling me lately they outdatedinb4 crafting 10* weapons just reduces equip requirements and reduces R-ATK. Might also make it Multi-class.^^;

Shinamori
Jan 13, 2014, 05:40 AM
I have strange feeling that what exactly is gonna happen lol.

Ratazana
Jan 13, 2014, 05:45 AM
Yas9k as a low end 10★ will indeed get stronger when fully extended - probably around 950 r-att.

Kondibon
Jan 13, 2014, 05:53 AM
I have strange feeling that what exactly is gonna happen lol.

inb4 crafting 10* weapons just reduces equip requirements and reduces R-ATK. Might also make it Multi-class.^^;
This is likely EXACTLY what's going to happen for higher end gear of a specific rarity. The best we can tell is that gear of certain rarities are going to have normalized base stats, barring getting great successes. All the 1-3* swords for instance would have the exact same S-atk at the same EX levels. A lot of high end gear will probably get weaker first, though it begs the question of why you're extending high end gear anyway.

Ratazana is right though, Yas9k is a relatively low end 10*.

Sakarisei
Jan 14, 2014, 05:54 AM
The only thing about crafting is... if anyone has got an equip with full 11*, that guy won't need crafting, unless they're FOs or TEs because technic customization.

There is many HU/FIs guys with every 11* of TD and GU/RAs with every 11* of TD too, and that thing can destroy crafting needed.

Kondibon
Jan 14, 2014, 06:18 AM
The only thing about crafting is... if anyone has got an equip with full 11*, that guy won't need crafting, unless they're FOs or TEs because technic customization.

There is many HU/FIs guys with every 11* of TD and GU/RAs with every 11* of TD too, and that thing can destroy crafting needed.Well that's kind of the point. It's not meant to be a way to upgrade top end stuff or even give everyone access to top end stuff, it's meant to make older gear more viable, though they'll likely make 11* weapons craftable later.

WildarmsRE5
Jan 14, 2014, 06:34 AM
Well that's kind of the point. It's not meant to be a way to upgrade top end stuff or even give everyone access to top end stuff, it's meant to make older gear more viable, though they'll likely make 11* weapons craftable later.uhhhhhh, ummmm, errrrrr. . . .later is. . . when 11*'s are outdated?

Ratazana
Jan 14, 2014, 06:43 AM
People with high-end gear won't need crafting (barring multi-class, latents and cosmetic) and people who can't afford mid-range gear probably won't be able to afford crafting either.

*looks at crafting related AC items

Even if you could craft ★11 there would be no point. Extended stuff is supposed to be weaker than top tier ★10.

Kondibon
Jan 14, 2014, 06:55 AM
uhhhhhh, ummmm, errrrrr. . . .later is. . . when 11*'s are outdated?Probably.

Shinamori
Jan 14, 2014, 07:39 AM
I'm guessing in summer when part 2 of the crafting system updates.

Sakarisei
Jan 14, 2014, 08:06 AM
Well that's kind of the point. It's not meant to be a way to upgrade top end stuff or even give everyone access to top end stuff, it's meant to make older gear more viable, though they'll likely make 11* weapons craftable later.

That's why i'm thinking that crafting will be just for fun...

People with high-end gear won't need crafting (barring multi-class, latents and cosmetic) and people who can't afford mid-range gear probably won't be able to afford crafting either.

*looks at crafting related AC items

Even if you could craft ★11 there would be no point. Extended stuff is supposed to be weaker than top tier ★10.

That's not true. Although you've got ★11 weapons, unless you're a class such as GU/HU or TE/HU with just Wands, you maybe need weapons from subclass for getting more variety. The problema of ★11 of TD is...

Sharp Cycler and Falclaws are weapons allowed to Fighters. Xerc and Twin Kamui are weapons allowed to Hunters. Guld Milla is allowed to Rangers and Flame Visit is allowed to Gunners. Why are i'm saying it?

Because you can guarantee being Full Melee and/or Full melee acting as a 2 classes with top ★11 weapons. That's not the first time that i see a block with 5 guld millas in gu/ras and 4 twin kamuis in hu/fis. If that weapons were exclusive of their clases, those weapons won't be a problem.

In 2-3 months, crafting system will be obsolet, and i can assure you it since there's about 30k ★11 weapons from TD weekly.

gigawuts
Jan 14, 2014, 08:43 AM
uhhhhhh, ummmm, errrrrr. . . .later is. . . when 11*'s are outdated?

Most 11*s are outdated now, the only worthwhile exceptions being the Elysion, Guld Milla, Twin Kamui, and I guess the new 11* series with PP save latents (but have fun getting those to 50 element).

Everything else is trash compared to 10*s we have right now when given the cost - no crafting required. The Flame Visit is just...no. Brave Stance latent? r u srs? Unless it's like 90% that is not worth touching. The 350 tatk on the Motav is technically alright, but being forced into a PF build is just blech.

The Falclaw's latent is also pretty mediocre, and absolutely not gamechanging. Maybe if it had as much tatk as the bibras lance it would be remotely decent for casting. The Nasyotomi or whatever is...just another weak hit advance latent bow with a few more atk. Nothing special to see there at all.

Everything should be special like the top 3. They should all do actually unique shit. Actually, all rares should, but let's not get ahead of ourselves Sega here.

Ratazana
Jan 14, 2014, 08:45 AM
@sakarisei

I have no idea what you are trying to say. Those weapons are already multiclass so they would have nothing to gain from extending. They would become weaker and lose multiclass, unless you go for a "great" success.

Emp
Jan 14, 2014, 08:52 AM
I have no idea what you are trying to say. Those weapons are already multiclass so they would have nothing to gain from extending. They would become weaker and lose multiclass, unless you go for a "great" success.

and theres no telling when those 11* can be extended. Atm the only 11* worth using is guld milla. Cant beat free heals. Sadly this game is all about dmg, and if someone else outdmgs you by a good bit, you got a problem.

gigawuts
Jan 14, 2014, 08:54 AM
and theres no telling when those 11* can be extended. Atm the only 11* worth using is guld milla. Cant beat free heals. Sadly this game is all about dmg, and if someone else outdmgs you by a good bit, you got a problem.

The +400 satk when below 50% PP on the twin kamui, which is already in the top 3 highest satk daggers, would like to have a word with you.

WildarmsRE5
Jan 14, 2014, 09:42 AM
we'll be also getting new Multi-Latents, Zero Effort or Perfect Calamity on Guld Milla I hope. . .

also, inb4 Vampiric Blade Latent on Niren Kamui

gigawuts
Jan 14, 2014, 09:44 AM
we'll be also getting new Multi-Latents, Zero Effort or Perfect Calamity on Guld Milla I hope. . .

also, inb4 Vampiric Blade Latent on Niren Kamui

Not multi latents, different latents.

I also wanted two latents at once, but alas - we'll simply get to choose a different one and wipe out the one we already have no matter what level it might be.

Ratazana
Jan 14, 2014, 10:01 AM
Please no Zero Effort on Guld Milla. My Brauvint is already threatened by extended yas9k.

WildarmsRE5
Jan 14, 2014, 10:05 AM
Not multi latents, different latents.

I also wanted two latents at once, but alas - we'll simply get to choose a different one and wipe out the one we already have no matter what level it might be.SEGA did it again ._.

not wiping out Celestial Bullet. . . Zero Effort can screw itself. inb4 new Latent recovers 3% HP at lvl 3 per 3 secs.

Emp
Jan 14, 2014, 11:39 AM
Gonna be a hard buy for Sega to get people away from JA pots and Perfect Calamity with the 2nd latent option.

moeri
Jan 14, 2014, 12:25 PM
idk, all of this looks good to me. Especially for people who can afford to spend some meseta/time but have no way of getting 10 or 11*s (non-premium users).

I mean im still using 9* units that were a thing ~1 year ago, along with a AQ(Seitenheise) Rod. I think the crafting system will help me a LOT, atleast in extending my AQ Rod.

gigawuts
Jan 14, 2014, 12:26 PM
If you can't afford good 10*s I promise you you can't afford good crafting. They'll almost definitely have designed it that way, like usual.

moeri
Jan 14, 2014, 12:30 PM
If you can't afford good 10*s I promise you you can't afford good crafting. They'll almost definitely have designed it that way, like usual.

No, I could afford them, I just don't have tickets. Can't trade for them without premium.

So, I think this will mean I will get to upgrade my gear for once.

I am hoping they just keep on adding extension levels for each set of new weapons, that way I can always be using subpar, but semi-effective gear.

pkemr4
Jan 14, 2014, 12:33 PM
Gonna be a hard buy for Sega to get people away from JA pots and Perfect Calamity with the 2nd latent option.

JA and calamity are both joke latents same with S roll JA one as well since there all 5% at lvl 3

Dnd
Jan 14, 2014, 12:49 PM
What im gonna laugh the most about tomorrow, is people 'upgrading' 10* weapons with lv1 recipes, then complaining why they dropped to 400-500 atk at +10 with affixes, then not bothering to level up crafting to restore the item to its first base value....

MetalDude
Jan 14, 2014, 01:00 PM
JA and calamity are both joke latents same with S roll JA one as well since there all 5% at lvl 3

I thought the 5% was a multiplicative value meaning it actually does a lot more than not having it.

Emp
Jan 14, 2014, 01:02 PM

I dont like playing the zero range game. I can garuntee you that I will never get Bravuint in area and if I can score more dmg than yas9000 out of zero range, then Im happy. I only use zero range if Im gonna heel stab.

What im gonna laugh the most about tomorrow, is people 'upgrading' 10* weapons with lv1 recipes, then complaining why they dropped to 400-500 atk at +10 with affixes, then not bothering to level up crafting to restore the item to its first base value....

Thanks for the heads up. I'll hold off crafting my pandora untill I max my crafting lines. I hope someone posts a helpful guide on to properly craft. :3

Dnd
Jan 14, 2014, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I'll hold off crafting my pandora untill I max my crafting lines. I hope someone posts a helpful guide on to properly craft. :3

Well, I am basing this solely off what sega would typically do, but honestly going into this blind I ain't touching any of my 10* equipment until i know it'd get better or have the ability to greatly succeed and add multi-class capability without a huge drop in attack. I'd advise everyone to do the same, honestly....

MetalDude
Jan 14, 2014, 01:21 PM
Since it looks like you need to reach achievements to actually do higher level extends, I'm spending most of my time on junk first.

Emp
Jan 14, 2014, 01:24 PM
Since it looks like you need to reach achievements to actually do higher level extends, I'm spending most of my time on junk first.

what you mean? talking about the "kill 700 vol dragons" thing to get a rare recipe?

jooozek
Jan 14, 2014, 01:32 PM
i just hope they won't force to do the boring matter board/story quests

gigawuts
Jan 14, 2014, 01:34 PM
You need to start small, and unlock the ability to extend higher rarity gear by extending lower rarity gear. It's all been shown in the trailers.

Emp
Jan 14, 2014, 01:36 PM
You need to start small, and unlock the ability to extend higher rarity gear by extending lower rarity gear. It's all been shown in the trailers.

but will we know what materials we need at the moment we can start such high rarity stuff? Recipes are kinda confusing still. How we find them ect.

gigawuts
Jan 14, 2014, 01:39 PM
All materials that have been shown come from breaking down rare weapons, units, and level 11+ discs, plus plain old meseta.

They've displayed recipes for 1-3*s and 4-6*s, I don't recall if they've displayed anything for 7-9*s but it's likely to be more of the same stuff with some rarer materials obtained from breaking down higher level stuff. Same for 10*s.

Emp
Jan 14, 2014, 01:46 PM
All materials that have been shown come from breaking down rare weapons, units, and level 11+ discs, plus plain old meseta.

They've displayed recipes for 1-3*s and 4-6*s, I don't recall if they've displayed anything for 7-9*s but it's likely to be more of the same stuff with some rarer materials obtained from breaking down higher level stuff. Same for 10*s.

Ok are you saying that recipes are just generated by the game itself, something you dont find? Do we need extend codes or something?

pkemr4
Jan 14, 2014, 01:54 PM
to milk money and waste time

Sakarisei
Jan 14, 2014, 01:54 PM
@sakarisei

That's simple. If you're a HU/FI with all TD 11* melee weapons or a GU/RA with all TD 11* ranged weapons, why losing the time in crafting if that weapons are better than crafted weapons?

Crafting is a good idea, but not for people with much luck in TD. Specially if you've got the best weapons able for your main and the best sub for that class. No one will think in crafting in PSO2 with that gear, and that's not the first time seeing in my team not interested in crafting because they won't lose the time with their 11*... lucky person, yeah.

If TD weapons weren't multiclass, there wouldn't be problems of balance and/or getting more weapon variety... that's why i'm seeing at lease one of the very few persons interested in crafting.

gigawuts
Jan 14, 2014, 01:59 PM
That's simple. If you're a HU/FI with all TD 11* melee weapons or a GU/RA with all TD 11* ranged weapons, why losing the time in crafting if that weapons are better than crafted weapons?

Crafting is a good idea, but not for people with much luck in TD. Specially if you've got the best weapons able for your main and the best sub for that class. No one will think in crafting in PSO2 with that gear, and that's not the first time seeing in my team not interested in crafting because they won't lose the time with their 11*... lucky person, yeah.

If TD weapons weren't multiclass, there wouldn't be problems of balance and/or getting more weapon variety... that's why i'm seeing at lease one of the very few persons interested in crafting.

Crafting is to make shitty weapons not as shitty. It's for people who value dressup over effectiveness, and for people that prefer certain latents over other latents.

It is not to make new uber weapons. Not yet. That will come later when they add new Extend Code levels to compensate for newer, stronger weapons down the road.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 14, 2014, 02:01 PM
if I can get firearms to at least 800r-atk I'm totally using it

pkemr4
Jan 14, 2014, 02:03 PM
if Tヤスミノコフ2000H can hit 1k-1.1k R-ATK im using that instead of yas9k

HIT0SHI
Jan 14, 2014, 02:06 PM

Same here!
I might consider using the SSPN Launcher or the Panzer Faust as well.

Decisions decisions... :wacko:

gigawuts
Jan 14, 2014, 02:16 PM

This right here is exactly what crafting is for

KazukiQZ
Jan 14, 2014, 02:24 PM
if Tヤスミノコフ2000H can hit 1k-1.1k R-ATK im using that instead of yas9k
For me, this.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 14, 2014, 02:45 PM
also make yas tmg stronger
make heretically fucking useless

i mean its already weaker than yas but

Emp
Jan 14, 2014, 02:57 PM
also make yas tmg stronger
make heretically fucking useless

i mean its already weaker than yas but

*only in zero range

Shinamori
Jan 14, 2014, 03:01 PM
I heard 10*s won't benefit much from this.

Arksenth
Jan 14, 2014, 03:03 PM
I heard that the maximum you can boost a 10* to is going to be around 5th tier, which isn't too terrible provided you have a good latent backing it up.

Shinamori
Jan 14, 2014, 03:13 PM
Since crafted weapons aren't sellable, I personally wouldn't customize 10* weapons. =E

gigawuts
Jan 14, 2014, 03:16 PM
I heard that the maximum you can boost a 10* to is going to be around 5th tier, which isn't too terrible provided you have a good latent backing it up.

I don't know what the end result will be, but let's say everything is identical at ExLv10.

We've seen an ExLv10 3* with 987 satk (displayed as 1017 with vol soul). Let's use that as a basis. A Ron Ringer (sanctum pyrox sword) has 982 satk with Dragonkin latent.. A Flamme Brand has 1010 satk with JA latent. So just above Sanctum AQ turnin, and a bit below Flamme series.

Let's just assume all swords of all rarities pop out at 987 satk - the Elder Pain (the only really notable sword you can craft) gains 87 satk. This could be false, but it could be true (I think it's the entire point that it's true, but we'll see tonight).

987/1010=~97%, so let's go with that. A Flamme Revolver has 938 ratk, so 97% of that is ~910 ratk. Based on this the Yas9k goes from 820 to 910 - a 90 ratk gain. Brauvint has 969 ratk, Heretickley has 961 ratk.

moeri
Jan 14, 2014, 03:23 PM
... I just realized... It is time to dust off my stella twinkle, assuming it gets a better latent

angrysquid
Jan 14, 2014, 03:27 PM
I hope 'Avenger' will get a smexy extra latent with the update @_@ such a smexy gun (will extend regardless)
And I guess each weapon class will have it's own recipes each with a different base stats? (As in Exlv10 rifles will have different max values than other r- attack weapons ?)

gigawuts
Jan 14, 2014, 03:41 PM
Yes, they would have to. The ingredients will probably be the same, but the output will likely be curtailed to the weapon class.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 14, 2014, 03:46 PM
... I just realized... It is time to dust off my stella twinkle, assuming it gets a better latent

And so begins the army of lolis in the angel perfume costume weilding twinkle rods and carino wands.

moeri
Jan 14, 2014, 03:51 PM
And so begins the army of lolis in the angel perfume costume weilding twinkle rods and carino wands.

muahahaha It will be so beautiful~ <3

Arksenth
Jan 14, 2014, 04:08 PM
I'll probably be focusing on the tech crafting stuff because Wand and Bullet Bow camos are too stronk to really have any weapons that look much better than them.

Resta
Jan 14, 2014, 04:27 PM
breaking down 10*s for crafting mats is good or bad?

Shinamori
Jan 14, 2014, 04:31 PM
I had a dream that the crafting equipment is being sold in the FUN shop and costs like 10k FUN per machine. :V

Arksenth
Jan 14, 2014, 04:35 PM
I had a dream that the crafting equipment is being sold in the FUN shop and costs like 10k FUN per machine. :V

I actually kind of wish they had made the crafting equipment a meseta hump instead of free from Arks Road. I mean, 2% of a difference in cooldown speed isn't going to be of any major importance, such that only people who care about crafting and have enough meseta would drop a few dozen million on them.

breaking down 10*s for crafting mats is good or bad?

No one knows yet. =| I don't get your habit of asking basic, basic questions instead of just doing the two seconds of research it takes.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 14, 2014, 04:38 PM
the answer is simple
fuck research if others can provide the answer

or if you think others can provide the answer

btw-Niji
Jan 14, 2014, 05:13 PM
*only in zero range
And good Gunners will almost always be in the range required for that latent to function. :wacko:

Resta
Jan 14, 2014, 05:44 PM
No one knows yet. =| I don't get your habit of asking basic, basic questions instead of just doing the two seconds of research it takes.

I don't get why PSOWers have a habit of being Aspie level condescending.

gigawuts
Jan 14, 2014, 05:46 PM
I don't get why PSOWers have a habit of being Aspie level condescending.

It's a natural response to people asking the same questions for months at a time, for years on end.

Think "IS THE SERVER DOWN?" threads, except on a long term scale.

Resta
Jan 14, 2014, 05:49 PM
It's a natural response to people asking the same questions for months at a time, for years on end.

If it's so tiring then respond to something else, why give yourself the grief? It's only natural people will be asking questions, so learn how to deal with it.

BIG OLAF
Jan 14, 2014, 05:51 PM

Imagine the flood of crafting-related question threads starting tomorrow and beyond.

Someone should make a 'master' thread of sorts for that. We know the swiki is gonna be down because of all the people, so.

gigawuts
Jan 14, 2014, 05:53 PM
If it's so tiring then respond to something else, why give yourself the grief? It's only natural people will be asking questions, so learn how to deal with it.

or fucking google it like we had to to answer your fucking question

help me help you

here I'll make it a hyperlink

just go to www.google.com

Kondibon
Jan 14, 2014, 06:10 PM
or fucking google it like we had to to answer your fucking question

help me help you

here I'll make it a hyperlink

just go to www.google.com
To be fair, Resta could have googled it, not found any conclusive answers and decided to ask here to see if anyone knows.

I get that it's frustrating having people asking questions that other people have asked but there are nicer ways to get them to look. Also I went through this whole thread last night, I don't remember anyone asking if 10* weapons would be worth turning into mats. Infact I don't remember anyone asking that. Why is everyone asking like this is a common question?

gigawuts
Jan 14, 2014, 06:12 PM
Oh I didn't mean this specific question, just in general. I have no idea, nobody's said anything about a fair amount of the system right now. It's not like it's Sega's deal to explain a brand new extensive mechanic in detail before it launches (probably because the people who would tell you about it really don't know much about it).

Kondibon
Jan 14, 2014, 06:21 PM
To be honest I do agree with Resta. Just ignoring people who ask really common questions would probably be better than snarking at them, but it's not like most people do anyway.

gigawuts
Jan 14, 2014, 06:22 PM
I guess we can just remove the search function then, since apparently it's not important enough to tell people to use it.

Kondibon
Jan 14, 2014, 06:29 PM
I guess we can just remove the search function then, since apparently it's not important enough to tell people to use it.I like it more when people learn to use stuff themselves. There's nothing wrong with telling people to do a search, just don't be snarky about it.

Laggy
Jan 14, 2014, 07:18 PM
Since crafted weapons aren't sellable, I personally wouldn't customize 10* weapons. =E

Where is this stated? I combed through the psu blog post on crafting but couldn't see anything about it. Unless it's an assumption from the fact that crafting commissions even exist (otherwise you'd just sell the end product, I guess).

BIG OLAF
Jan 14, 2014, 07:20 PM
I think I recall seeing that, too (the fact that a weapon that's been 'crafted'/customized isn't tradeable). I think Ricardo himself said it to me, but I can't be bothered to roll through our massive Skype chat log.

pkemr4
Jan 14, 2014, 07:37 PM
And good Gunners will almost always be in the range required for that latent to function. :wacko:

this. the moment you see your in range for your shots to hit. zra is in effect.

MetalDude
Jan 14, 2014, 07:43 PM
I swear I heard that as well, but I can't recall either.

gigawuts
Jan 14, 2014, 07:49 PM
That's correct, items you craft will be unsellable. Not only has it been stated, but every single image of an extended weapon has the untradable icon you see when you equip a 7-9* weapon or unit.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 14, 2014, 07:57 PM
This seems interesting...
Looking forward to see how it works tomorrow in detail...or atleast read about it...

Would be nice to make my +10 y9k base attack on par with the need stuff.
But from what i read on previous pages seem have to work your way up to higher end stuff ...

Shinamori
Jan 14, 2014, 08:03 PM
Now we play the 7hr waiting game. Bye bye room servers.

jcart953
Jan 14, 2014, 08:18 PM
Yeah I hate the waiting game, so anxious lol. Trying to decide whats the first thing I'm going to do when server is back up.

Alenoir
Jan 14, 2014, 08:20 PM
Where is this stated? I combed through the psu blog post on crafting but couldn't see anything about it. Unless it's an assumption from the fact that crafting commissions even exist (otherwise you'd just sell the end product, I guess).

Stated in the broadcast.

WildarmsRE5
Jan 14, 2014, 08:36 PM
Same here!
I might consider using the SSPN Launcher or the Panzer Faust as well.

Decisions decisions... :wacko:definity getting that SSPN launcher multi class.

also, I think Giga is saying people should have common sense. . .

btw-Niji
Jan 14, 2014, 08:42 PM
also, I think Giga is saying people should have common sense. . .
If only common sense was actually common. It seems to be rare on the internet.

moeri
Jan 14, 2014, 08:47 PM
If only common sense was actually common. It seems to be rare on the internet.

Personally I think common sense is a silly concept.

xxmadplayerxx
Jan 14, 2014, 08:55 PM
So what part of the crafting system will we see first?

I assume it will be drip feed to us over a long time span untill it is fully implemented on a large scale. But im interested to know what will be first.

WildarmsRE5
Jan 14, 2014, 08:59 PM
wait. . . I could actually extend a Lambda Lacruico to make to Multi-Class rather than buying an Agito. . .

milranduil
Jan 14, 2014, 09:01 PM
wait. . . I could actually extend a Lambda Lacruico to make to Multi-Class rather than buying an Agito. . .

Be careful with this. It's likely going to need a lot of craft/extend leveling (I'm not sure the actual term that's used for this) before this is actually worth it. I myself will be doing this because fk Susanoguren's ability to never drop ever.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 14, 2014, 09:01 PM

I assume it will be drip feed to us over a long time span untill it is fully implemented on a large scale. But im interested to know what will be first.

We'll see the part where multiclass weapons will tank in price. Sold off my agito for 10 mil ahead of time...

WildarmsRE5
Jan 14, 2014, 09:04 PM
Be careful with this. It's likely going to need a lot of craft/extend leveling (I'm not sure the actual term that's used for this) before this is actually worth it. I myself will be doing this because fk Susanoguren's ability to never drop ever.I know what I'm doing ._.

*Extend crafts Lambda Lacruico at EXlvl1 then facepalms*

I can already imagine it. . .

Ratazana
Jan 14, 2014, 09:06 PM
Good luck getting the "great" success to multiclass.

Kondibon
Jan 14, 2014, 09:08 PM

I assume it will be drip feed to us over a long time span untill it is fully implemented on a large scale. But im interested to know what will be first.Everything they mentioned in the trailers is what we're getting. They're planning an update to crafting in the summer, likely PA and 11* crafting.

Assuming the cost per attempt doesn't get too high, it'll probably just be a matter of time. Unlike affixing, where you have to spend like 30k per attempt, not even counting getting fodders. Though I guess that depends on how common mats are. I'm thinking of them like grinders right now...

xxmadplayerxx
Jan 14, 2014, 09:09 PM
We'll see the part where multiclass weapons will tank in price. Sold off my agito for 10 mil ahead of time...

Lol yeah

gigawuts
Jan 14, 2014, 09:09 PM
Be careful with this. It's likely going to need a lot of craft/extend leveling (I'm not sure the actual term that's used for this) before this is actually worth it. I myself will be doing this because fk Susanoguren's ability to never drop ever.

Right now the big terms are this:
Extend Code - the term for crafting weapons to have new cookie cutter stats - making some better, but some worse (levels 1-10). Multiclass attributes will come with "Great Success," which is a standard "Success" plus a bonus. You can retry the Extend Code level your weapon currently has to attempt to Greatly Succeed again, based on the menu options we've seen.
ExLv(number) - Shorthand for the Extend Code level of a weapon
Technique Customization - Attempting to take a tech and modifying it with "merits" and "demerits." By definition merit = good, demerit = bad. Merits will be things like more damage, more AOE, etc. Demerits will be things like more PP cost or worse status effect application rates. Not every tech will offer all the same merits or demerits (you can guess what everyone will go for on techs that allow it). You're given a maximum and minimum for changed parameters on tech customization, so it's a dice roll every time. If you try and get something terrible you can simply opt to not learn the skill - you are not stuck with your bad result.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 14, 2014, 09:12 PM

Better than using the weaker agito.

Players will likely have better luck with that than making 200+ quartz dragons eat dirt to probably not see susanoguren anyway.

I kinda wish another blade like sange was a 1-10*. Need more good, old fasion, long, un rusted, steel katanas.

WildarmsRE5
Jan 14, 2014, 09:13 PM
Good luck getting the "great" success to multiclass.seeing as we can Re-Extend weapons at the same Exlvl, its all about the Matter of RNG, as long as I can do it repeatedly, I don't have a problem with it.

btw, 1500 Quartz Dragons, not yet seen a Susano-Guren. . .

Kondibon
Jan 14, 2014, 09:13 PM
Players will likely have better luck with that than making 200+ quartz dragons eat dirt to probably not see susanoguren anyway.

^this. This is why I feel it's more accessible than faming/buying rares.

gigawuts
Jan 14, 2014, 09:14 PM
200+? ha ha ha, if someone has susanoguren after 200 quartz they should consider buying a lottery ticket, because they're on a lucky streak

edit: And yes, I agree. I mean, us non-guren owners might have to fall back to 3* katanas, but we'll still have something with at least competent base satk to tote around on our HU mains. Better than an Agito, just not necessarily by much.

Ratazana
Jan 14, 2014, 09:16 PM
We will see when the update hits but AC crafting items raise some flags. It might be cheaper to buy susanoguren after all.

gigawuts
Jan 14, 2014, 09:19 PM
The AC crafting items only reduce the cooldown after crafting something. They instantly reset it, while "free" items reduce it by some percentage or by a set time (not sure which).

That's why I said 3*. 1-3* items will have the cheapest recipes (requiring the most common items and the least meseta) plus they'll have the fastest cooldowns. After that it's just your run of the mill Sega-brand diceroll fiesta.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 14, 2014, 09:20 PM
edit: And yes, I agree. I mean, us non-guren owners might have to fall back to 3* katanas, but we'll still have something with at least competent base satk to tote around on our HU mains. Better than an Agito, just not necessarily by much.

I hate the 1-3* katana models... they look like toys.

They did a good job with space katanas... but I want some steel!

MetalDude
Jan 14, 2014, 09:21 PM
And if I read correctly, you're going to want to spend a lot of time on 1-3*'s first because you don't necessarily unlock the ability to do ExLv 10's right away.

I need to reread some things first though.

WildarmsRE5
Jan 14, 2014, 09:22 PM
I Request MGR:Revengeance collab Katana ._.

gigawuts
Jan 14, 2014, 09:23 PM
And if I read correctly, you're going to want to spend a lot of time on 1-3*'s first because you don't necessarily unlock the ability to do ExLv 10's right away.

I need to reread some things first though.

Based on what I've seen this is correct.

Crafting is going to be like its own class, and higher levels, higher rarities, and higher levels on higher rarities are like skills.

Kondibon
Jan 14, 2014, 09:24 PM
I Request MGR:Revengeance collab Katana ._.

No.

kill la kill pls.
[spoiler-box]http://cosplaywho.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/600x600/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/k/i/killlakill-bakuzan-katana.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 14, 2014, 09:26 PM
No.

kill la kill pls.
[spoiler-box]http://cosplaywho.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/600x600/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/k/i/killlakill-bakuzan-katana.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Where's the slot to insert money into my monitor?

gigawuts
Jan 14, 2014, 09:26 PM
no, the crazy tune must return as a katana

Ratazana
Jan 14, 2014, 09:27 PM
The AC crafting items only reduce the cooldown after crafting something. They instantly reset it, while "free" items reduce it by some percentage or by a set time (not sure which).

That's why I said 3*. 1-3* items will have the cheapest recipes (requiring the most common items and the least meseta) plus they'll have the fastest cooldowns. After that it's just your run of the mill Sega-brand diceroll fiesta.

Yeah lilipanium was confirmed but I remember reading somewhere there would be items to boost great success rate and stuff. I might be wrong though.

Still SEGAC loves money and knows how desirable multiclass is.

gigawuts
Jan 14, 2014, 09:29 PM
Yeah I'm sure items are coming for that. There are 3 item input boxes when you go to extend an item - the top one was for reducing stat requirement, but the other 2 are unknown right now afaik.

It's not a stretch for it to be boosting multiclass or additional stats or something (tatk on a sword, or something, I don't know).

RadiantLegend
Jan 14, 2014, 09:29 PM
I'm looking at the lower end katana's to see what I like...... -_- might go "shell mode".

WildarmsRE5
Jan 14, 2014, 09:39 PM
No.

kill la kill pls.
[spoiler-box]http://cosplaywho.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/600x600/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/k/i/killlakill-bakuzan-katana.jpg[/spoiler-box]who doesn't want a normal Katana except releasing some electric charges? the Hi-freqeuncy Katana is kinda Hi-techy which is suitable for this game that also involves Hi-tech weapons.

gigawuts
Jan 14, 2014, 09:44 PM
UH HELLO

CRAZY TUNE

GUITAR

MAKES GUITAR SOUNDS

COME ON GUYS SERIOUSLY (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=201&sortby=name)

Kondibon
Jan 14, 2014, 09:47 PM
who doesn't want a normal Katana except releasing some electric charges? the Hi-freqeuncy Katana is kinda Hi-techy which is suitable for this game that also involves Hi-tech weapons.Well I wouldn't complain.

UH HELLO

CRAZY TUNE

GUITAR

MAKES GUITAR SOUNDS

COME ON GUYS SERIOUSLY (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=201&sortby=name)
But... where would the blade come from? how katana? how do!? *brain melts*

gigawuts
Jan 14, 2014, 09:48 PM
I know, it was mostly just wishful thinking. It's an awesome melee weapon from PSO1, so it's practically assured that it will be a wand.

Kondibon
Jan 14, 2014, 09:52 PM
I know, it was mostly just wishful thinking. It's an awesome melee weapon from PSO1, so it's practically assured that it will be a wand.I'd prefer it as a wand. Hopefully with lightning element... cause you know... (http://gamerinvestments.com/video-game-stocks/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/sm-heavy_metal_lightning.jpg)

Shinamori
Jan 14, 2014, 10:01 PM
So, what weapon(s) are you planning to work on?

angrysquid
Jan 14, 2014, 10:05 PM
My Lv3 50Light Lambda Radiegle 'cause they carried me through all VH when I had no premium or any luck with 10* drops...

Rakurai
Jan 14, 2014, 10:05 PM
The weapons I intend to craft at the moment are Firearms (For the standing snipe latent), Guarditorch (For an anti-machine wand), Club of Laconium, Adaman Wand, Wand of Zumiran (For the element boosting latents), and the Yasminkov 9K.

Kondibon
Jan 14, 2014, 10:09 PM
So, what weapon(s) are you planning to work on?Tarnada. I need a sword as big as my ego.

IndigoNovember
Jan 14, 2014, 10:11 PM
Gotta wait to see all the new Potentials before I decide what to work on. In the meantime I'll be working on random 1-3* weapons whose models I like the look of (Gigush and Double Buster series come to mind).

Tarnada. I need a sword as big as my ego.

Return of the classic! I'll probably extend mine too. Still have it from H mode, ahh the memories =3 .

xxmadplayerxx
Jan 14, 2014, 10:13 PM

None, i will stick with my Guld and millas :D But i will most likely change my mind when i see more of this crafting system in the flesh, well digital flesh...

pkemr4
Jan 14, 2014, 10:16 PM

Yasminkov 9000M i dont ever plan to sell it really and i want to see how powerfull i can make it.

final_attack
Jan 14, 2014, 10:17 PM

Yashminkov2000H ....... the coolest tmg ......
And gonna see how it is for *10 Yash9k ...... IF I can reach that.

Might try Karishizuma (*9 Katana) too ..... but, not now. Because Braver is just an alt for me :/

serenade
Jan 14, 2014, 10:18 PM
thread is TL : DR.

but anyone planning on messing around with the weaker all class weapons? specifically the nacht weapons?

I know I plan on seeing how powerful I can make my imperial pick and soul eater for old time sake.

WildarmsRE5
Jan 14, 2014, 10:18 PM
So, what weapon(s) are you planning to work on?some Katana's and Launchers. . .

Yasminkov 9000M i dont ever plan to sell it really and i want to see how powerfull i can make it.you meant 80 extra R-ATK plus a chance to Multi-Class it?

Exiled_Gundam
Jan 14, 2014, 10:20 PM
Gotta wait to see all the new Potentials before I decide what to work on. In the meantime I'll be working on random 1-3* weapons whose models I like the look of (Gigush and Double Buster series come to mind).

Return of the classic! I'll probably extend mine too. Still have it from H mode, ahh the memories =3 .

I do hope Ely Sion will have more useful Potentials :P

pkemr4
Jan 14, 2014, 10:20 PM
some Katana's and Launchers. . .

you meant 80 extra R-ATK plus a chance to Multi-Class it?

has it been confirmed 80 is the highest?

Kondibon
Jan 14, 2014, 10:25 PM
but anyone planning on messing around with the weaker all class weapons? specifically the nacht weapons? There might be some merit in that but being all-class isn't a factor in any of this because they lose that when extended.

Onvirtual
Jan 14, 2014, 10:26 PM
I've been wondering about how we get a craft level UP stuffs. If this somewhat related on making a more powerful *10 weapons, don't you think we should all start from the very basic *1-3 first?

final_attack
Jan 14, 2014, 10:30 PM
Personally, I'll try on lower levels first (*1 - *3), because it's most likely we can't craft high rarity weapons at the start ..... and waiting for some insight on here or jp wiki, and then, start making my way on higher rarity :3

Kondibon
Jan 14, 2014, 10:32 PM
I've been wondering about how we get a craft level UP stuffs. If this somewhat related on making a more powerful *10 weapons, don't you think we should all start from the very basic *1-3 first?

Personally, I'll try on lower levels first (*1 - *3), because it's most likely we can't craft high rarity weapons at the start ..... and waiting for some insight on here or jp wiki, and then, start on higher rarity :3

I think people are talking about in the long term, not just for training the crafting. Though I AM excited about using a full set of those 6* triangle weapons as a BR/HU.

final_attack
Jan 14, 2014, 10:38 PM
Oh, and ..... I might finally buy something from the weapon shop for the sake of trying to craft LOL
Don't have the *1 - *3 here =_=

Kondibon
Jan 14, 2014, 10:39 PM
Oh, and ..... I might finally buy something from the weapon shop for the sake of trying to craft LOL
Don't have the *1 - *3 here =_=Neither do I. I was just gonna grab some vita weapons and use those.

WildarmsRE5
Jan 14, 2014, 10:41 PM
has it been confirmed 80 is the highest?10* crafting says that it won't exceed the power of the 11*, Latents are a different story.

really, Crafting was made to make old weapons viable, allowing us to use whatever we want and still deal standard Damage at SH.

Ratazana
Jan 14, 2014, 10:41 PM
With the bubble comming (everyone will need mats) it might be wise to sell trash instead of breaking it up for mats (or selling mats if possible instead of crafting yourself). I'm not doing any crafting until the demand for mats gets low.

WildarmsRE5
Jan 14, 2014, 10:42 PM
inb4 trash rares costs 100k

Kondibon
Jan 14, 2014, 10:44 PM
With the bubble comming (everyone will need mats) it might be wise to sell trash instead of breaking it up for mats (or selling mats if possible instead of crafting yourself). I'm not doing any crafting until the demand for mats gets low.This is very true. Unfortunately I don't have a shop at the moment and I doubt I'd get a shop ticket before the economy restabilizes.

serenade
Jan 14, 2014, 10:48 PM
There might be some merit in that but being all-class isn't a factor in any of this because they lose that when extended.

Yes, the all class factor is kind of null now, but some of them look badass, and if the crafting system can make them somewhat useful power wise, we may see a resurgence with them.

Ratazana
Jan 14, 2014, 10:51 PM
I remember when those weapons price went to 10m as soon as crafting was announced and then crashed back to 2m when people learned that they would lose multiclass.

Rakurai
Jan 14, 2014, 11:03 PM
I hope that all of the recipes for a given type of item will be tied to achievements for making that same type of type, rather then having to extend items of every single type just to get access to the best recipes of one type.

Kondibon
Jan 14, 2014, 11:05 PM
I hope that all of the recipes for a given type of item will be tied to achievements for making that same type of type, rather then having to extend items of every single type just to get access to the best recipes of one type.
That's probably how it's going to be. If it's not then there's gonna be a lot of of angry letters for sega.

final_attack
Jan 14, 2014, 11:09 PM
Agreed !!! XD I wanna focus on R-Atk, since I don't really play other classes ^^;

Well, let's see how it is after the game is open though ..... XD

And I wonder if the hardware (?) for Item Crafting need to be bought from Fun Shop (like musical instruments) ..... o.o Oh well, will wait until the game open XD

Ratazana
Jan 14, 2014, 11:11 PM
It would suck for people crafting but it would be good for everyone with a shop. People would need more mats, trash prices would go up and might stay long enough for Kondibon to get a shop pass. :-P

edit: update is up btw (not the servers...)

xxmadplayerxx
Jan 14, 2014, 11:47 PM
I am compelled to speak my mind - I know from all the videos i have watch about crafting that you can increases the stats of a weapon, possibly better than 11* weapons, now i would like to know why people think 11*s will be obsolete after crafting is implemented, or is it just a specualtion ?

Because i highly doubt that 11*s will be obsolete anytime soon or any time in the distant future, if they do become obsolete it really makes no logical sense. My logic is, 10* = fairly good 11*+ = extremely awesome . 10* better than 11*? Um Huhhhhhhhhh???

MetalDude
Jan 14, 2014, 11:50 PM
A good majority of 11*'s are already defunct. Most of them are completely dependent on their unique latents to hold any merit.

However, crafting will likely not invalidate 11*'s except for those with multiclass properties. Simply put, 50 element will put you on par if not better than most 11*'s as it is.

Ratazana
Jan 14, 2014, 11:52 PM
The video shows you can increase the stats of a weapon to mid-tier ★10 levels and Sakai said crafting won't be about making uber gear (he has lied in the past though).

★11 with few notable exceptions are already obsolete. It has nothing to do with crafting.

milranduil
Jan 14, 2014, 11:54 PM
I am compelled to speak my mind - I know from all the videos i have watch about crafting that you can increases the stats of a weapon, possibly better than 11* weapons, now i would like to know why people think 11*s will be obsolete after crafting is implemented, or is it just a specualtion ?

Because i highly doubt that 11*s will be obsolete anytime soon or any time in the distant future, if they do become obsolete it really makes no logical sense. My logic is, 10* = fairly good 11*+ = extremely awesome . 10* better than 11*? Um Huhhhhhhhhh???

Sega + logic = oh wait you can't do that.

Kondibon
Jan 14, 2014, 11:58 PM
10* better than 11*? Um Huhhhhhhhhh???There are already 12* in game, and the infrastructure is there for 13-15* weapons, so I don't see how you can say that it isn't a possibility for 11* weapons to be outclassed any time soon.

EDIT: I should mention that I think they'll become obsolete because of power creep, not because of crafting. I'm pretty sure that's what everyone is saying, not that crafting will make 11*s obsolete.

Ratazana
Jan 15, 2014, 12:00 AM
It makes sense if you consider DF ★11 were released a long time ago balanced around ★10 available at that time. As we keep getting better ★10s it was just a matter of time until they close the gap of even surpass ★11. SEGAC could retroactively boost ★11 but THAT would make little sense as there is no money to be made there.

xxmadplayerxx
Jan 15, 2014, 12:03 AM
It makes sense if you consider DF ★11 were released a long time ago balanced around ★10 available at that time. As we keep getting better ★10s it was just a matter of time until they close the gap of even surpass ★11. SEGAC could retroactively boost ★11 but THAT would make little sense as there is no money to be made there.

Ah, of course that makes sense, because pretty much everyone has a 10* weapon they will make more money that way i guess. well that answers my question, logic to sega is more money! ^^

angrysquid
Jan 15, 2014, 12:05 AM
Don't want to make a new thread sooo
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=2866
Some 'last nemesis' adjustments too it seems

EDIT: The Crafting manual says Liliparium (Max) will reduce the cooldown by 12 hours.. does that mean ._. ...(While Liliparium (Min)- the one from TD i guess - reduces it by 15mins)

Arksenth
Jan 15, 2014, 12:11 AM
So what I'm finding from the patch notes is that it'll be possible to use the Recycle Shop to buy +20% Merit Increase and -20% Demerit Decrease items for tech crafting as well as 20% items for equip crafting. My guess is that it'll be 8 scratch items. In the end crafting turns out to be pretty pricey for optimal results at 1m per attempt if so. I'M HAPPY.

Also it looks like not all of the room items are from Arks Road - Craft/Tech Ex Builder 2s (presumably stronger than the ones you get from Arks Road) are Excube and the more standard items can be brought with FUN.

Kondibon
Jan 15, 2014, 12:13 AM

Well I'm pretty sure they're gonna add new 11*s entirely, and they'll become the new 10*, then 12*s will become the new 11* etc.

Ratazana
Jan 15, 2014, 12:16 AM
Also mats shop!

Crafting item on the recycle shop trading for AC items would be hilarious.

edit: they are reducing the number of common blocks and buffing ship servers.

Arksenth
Jan 15, 2014, 12:18 AM
Also mats shop!

Crafting item on the recycle shop trading for AC items would be hilarious.

Why hilarious? I'm actually liking this. It seems like the 20% increases especially for tech customization aren't even that worthwhile unless you hit a maximum value on your random range. So basically you have to shell out several million an attempt depending on how many AC items are needed.

Which feels like exactly what I was asking for.

Can't wait to see how high the prices of trash AC scratch items will rise after the patch!

xxmadplayerxx
Jan 15, 2014, 12:21 AM
edit: they are reducing the number of common blocks and buffing ship servers.

That is good news :D It seems the server has been having issues lately, and when i servers are back up i can imagine the ship's may get full...

Ratazana
Jan 15, 2014, 12:32 AM
Hilarious is a good thing, no? I like having a good laugh.

Lets hope tech customization is gonna be good or people aren't going to bother. Damn, my shop is filled with AC trash. Gotta get online asap before someone grabs it.

MetalDude
Jan 15, 2014, 12:34 AM
If you can reduce SE chance on most techs in favor of any other merits, that's pretty much what everyone's going to do.

But I figure it's not going to be the same across the board so we'll see soon enough.

Arksenth
Jan 15, 2014, 12:42 AM
If you can reduce SE chance on most techs in favor of any other merits, that's pretty much what everyone's going to do.

But I figure it's not going to be the same across the board so we'll see soon enough.

Not everyone plays tech-spam FO, honey.

I'll be raising SE proc chances on certain techs for Chase Advance.

MetalDude
Jan 15, 2014, 12:43 AM
Didn't really need to point that out. That much is also obvious.

Ratazana
Jan 15, 2014, 12:51 AM
The lack of weapon crafting items on the recycle shop (besides req) tells me it's gonna suck. Or crafted stuff will have such absurd requirements that you pretty much need to use the item.

Aine
Jan 15, 2014, 12:52 AM
Just a word of warning, there is no way to return a tech to its default state once you've overwritten it with a crafted version. They've stated they'll release reset recipes in future updates.

Arksenth
Jan 15, 2014, 12:56 AM
The lack of weapon crafting items on the recycle shop (besides req) tells me it's gonna suck. Or crafted stuff will have such absurd requirements that you pretty much need to use the item.

Oh, is the only possible change a 20% decrease in item equip condition, is that what the item is? Meh, maybe that's just because there's so little randomness in the crafting system - it's not like items are extended from a range. And to stack like, 20% on top of a set recipe would either overpower it, or make the base recipe suck.

They should have added 20% Great Success items and watched people rage at the RNG moar though

:wacko:

Ratazana
Jan 15, 2014, 01:01 AM
Maybe the Great Success chance is like 1% and they want people to spend a buttload of money to get it. That also would be hilarious.

Arksenth
Jan 15, 2014, 01:09 AM
Maybe the Great Success chance is like 1% and they want people to spend a buttload of money to get it. That also would be hilarious.

Basically, a victory for rich people in the end after all! High five, Ratazana!

Ratazana
Jan 15, 2014, 01:21 AM
Dreamer: "I'm gonna extend a katana to get hunter multiclass!"
Sakai: "Here is your 1% chance."
Player Shop: "Here are the trash rare for mats. 200k a piece."
Dreamer buys Agito.

gigawuts
Jan 15, 2014, 01:22 AM
Yeah like I said.

AQs will make a big comeback.

For two days.

Macman
Jan 15, 2014, 01:22 AM
Yes, how dare those filthy ill-equipped non-multi millionaires enjoy new things meant for them and not for the people with 50 element 685-req 10*? :wacko:

SEGAC could retroactively boost ★11 but THAT would make little sense as there is no money to be made there.
Well they retroactively boosted Umblla Stick at one point...

Original_DFO
Jan 15, 2014, 01:27 AM
Soooo basically from what im seeing here is that this crafting system isn't going to be for me since I already have the best 10* weapons and 10* units that money can buy 4 slotted etc etc.

That kinda sucks. I was hoping to boost my items even further.

Xaelouse
Jan 15, 2014, 01:34 AM
well if you play a class combo that uses techs, you'll have a fun time

TaigaUC
Jan 15, 2014, 02:32 AM
I just saw the recycle shop chance stuff on the official site and came here to weep.
Accursed filthy random number generation mechanics.

But hey, we're technically still "succeeding".

Ratazana
Jan 15, 2014, 02:47 AM
Yes indeed merit and demerit cost 8 ac items

jooozek
Jan 15, 2014, 03:03 AM
so to extend weapons you need the appropriate PA fragments, basically, if you want to extend some R-ATK weapon, your source items will be ranged weapons/PA
edit: also this
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/c9f3tZN.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

TaigaUC
Jan 15, 2014, 03:05 AM
Uhh... I recently converted my Photon Drops to Spheres.
Says you need Drops for the material shop.

There's no way to convert them from Spheres to Drops, is there?

jooozek
Jan 15, 2014, 03:06 AM
nope, there isn't

WildarmsRE5
Jan 15, 2014, 03:08 AM
inb4, SEGA implements Spheres ---> Drops on the next update.

TaigaUC
Jan 15, 2014, 03:09 AM
Maybe they won't because they want us to get Drops by playing the game.

SallySalSal
Jan 15, 2014, 03:10 AM
Anyone confirm if the licht/nacht stuff are extendable?

NexusAZ
Jan 15, 2014, 03:12 AM
Anyone confirm if the licht/nacht stuff are extendable?

My ファティウーマ/リヒト(Phyteuma / Licht) have the option to be extended.

Ratazana
Jan 15, 2014, 03:18 AM
You can sell mats and fragments.

Cyron Tanryoku
http://puu.sh/6lArE.jpg
I have no idea what I'm doing

MetalDude
So I just made 5 mil selling 50 yellow PA fragments. The moment they sold, I was undercut immediately after.

Ratazana
Jan 15, 2014, 03:22 AM
You can get rare mats with a great success.

TaigaUC
Jan 15, 2014, 03:23 AM
I was walking about the lobby and Jig suddenly ambushed me in front of my room (even though I was in the lobby) and gave me a crafting set.

Creepy.

Sakarisei
Jan 15, 2014, 03:29 AM
Can anyone say here about the prices in FUN for getting that craft room items? Sorry, i can't log into pso2 to check it, so it would be interesting the prices for then farming FUN later :)

TaigaUC
Jan 15, 2014, 03:32 AM
Maybe I should have sold my Fire Arms for 10m instead of Extending it.
It'd better last me a long time.

Craft Console: 2k FUN, 1 room cost
Craft Ex Builder: 2k FUN, 2 room cost
Craft Tech Builder: 2k FUN, 2 room cost
Craft Board: 2k FUN, 1 room cost

And what the hell, the cooldown is character-based.

Boo. You can't customize support spells. Yet?

WildarmsRE5
Jan 15, 2014, 03:36 AM
You can sell mats and fragments.

So I just made 5 mil selling 50 yellow PA fragments. The moment they sold, I was undercut immediately after.._________.

and so it begins. . .

*buys all undercutted materials*

NONE SHALL UNDERCUT!!!

[SPOILER-BOX]http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/no-rage-face.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

cheapgunner
Jan 15, 2014, 03:41 AM
lol just looked and it takes 1 capsule to do an AQ. Seems they really want people to do them...

Ratazana
Jan 15, 2014, 03:42 AM
Got a great success extending a tmg. Hunter class able to equip it. The class you get seems to be random.

You need rare mats to extend beyond 6.

somd
Jan 15, 2014, 03:45 AM
just extended an agito , it went up 70 atp at lvl1 but its not all class anymore braver only

WildarmsRE5
Jan 15, 2014, 03:48 AM
why do I feel the rates of getting a great success is even worse than getting an 11*?

MetalDude
Jan 15, 2014, 03:50 AM
Out of 300 attempts on discs and weapons, I got maybe a total of 10-15 great successes.

Yeah, chances are definitely slim and it's almost entirely to slow the process down.

TaigaUC
Jan 15, 2014, 03:51 AM
Wow. Customizing Techs is a 1 hour cooldown.
Also costs 5 fragments while weapons only use 1.
Got -17% damage on a -30%~-10% demerit roll.
RaBarta customization is nice. Makes it hit more often, which increases freeze chance.

Did a Fire Arms and Talnada earlier and they were 15 minutes cooldown.

Edit: Extended a Yasminkov9000 and the cooldown is 25 minutes.
It got a whopping 2 damage boost.

Kondibon
Jan 15, 2014, 04:00 AM
lol just looked and it takes 1 capsule to do an AQ.

Wait what? T-this means I can solo them...

Ratazana
Jan 15, 2014, 04:06 AM
Yeah, no all class katanas for everybody. Mats requirement for high levels are absurd.

WildarmsRE5
Jan 15, 2014, 04:07 AM
Wow. Customizing Techs is a 1 hour cooldown.
Also costs 5 fragments while weapons only use 1.
Got -17% damage on a -30%~-10% demerit roll.

Did a Fire Arms and Talnada earlier and they were 15 minutes cooldown.

Edit: Extended a Yasminkov9000 and the cooldown is 25 minutes.
It got a whopping 2 damage boost.Literally just "2"?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 15, 2014, 04:07 AM
Yeah, no all class katanas for everybody. Mats requirement for high levels are absurd.

Elaborate, please.

TaigaUC
Jan 15, 2014, 04:08 AM
Literally just "2"?

Yes, it went from 880 to 882.
At least it didn't go backwards, but now it can't be sold anymore.
I don't think I'd sell it anyway, as long as it's viable in combat.

Kondibon
Jan 15, 2014, 04:10 AM
I'm sitting here laughing at all the people who thought mid/high end 10* weapons were gonna see a big increase at EX1.

Elaborate, please.I assume repeating high level crafting would be REALLY mat consuming, but I kinda figured that anyway.

jayytsunami
Jan 15, 2014, 04:12 AM
PA fragments are attained from?

Kondibon
Jan 15, 2014, 04:13 AM
PA fragments are attained from?Desynthing PA disks.

TaigaUC
I thought Yasminkov9000 was a really old low-mid end 10 star.
Wasn't expecting a big increase, but certainly more than +2.

Extend Fire Arms lv1 to lv2 is +37 RATK.

WildarmsRE5
Yes, it went from 880 to 882.
At least it didn't go backwards, but now it can't be sold anymore.
I don't think I'd sell it anyway, as long as it's viable in combat.HAH, I knew it, you guys and your Yasminkovs :3

[SPOILER-BOX]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-obDZZ5zqnwM/TwoDYojn1eI/AAAAAAAAB8A/Ryx3avGcASY/s1600/lol+meme.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]

jooozek
Jan 15, 2014, 04:14 AM
i got my crafting up to level 3 and if i saw correctly i got access to up to lv10 ext recipes for some stuff
for ranged stuff it seems, screenshot below:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/eTW4tmi.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

DeificEpyon
http://oi40.tinypic.com/1498lt1.jpg

Well, I'm liking this system so far.

The cool-downs are a bummer though. They seem to get longer over-time as well.

Edit: Also to note, it went up to I believe 844 R-ATK from 443 at Level 1 Extension. That's one heck of a boost. I was freaking out for awhile.

SociableTyrannosaur
Lvl1 increases are supposed to have little to no effect on 10*. you need to get it to level 3 and up iirc to see any changes to 10* and better

SallySalSal
Looking for this mat: サファード - Saphard

How do I get it? Desynthesizing with a greater success rate or is there something I could be desynthesizing in specific?

Ratazana
Jan 15, 2014, 04:15 AM
Extension above level 6 requires rare mats that you can only get with a desynth great success. The mats for a single try are expensive enough and you gotta keep trying until you get a great success.

People that are willing to pay 100m for susanoguren are gonna drive the prices of mats so high that it's not going to be worth it. Specially because you can't trade extended stuff.

Kondibon
Jan 15, 2014, 04:15 AM
I thought Yasminkov9000 was a really old low-mid end 10 star.
Wasn't expecting a big increase, but certainly more than +2.

Extend Fire Arms lv1 to lv2 is +37 RATK.Honestly, it'll probably get better in a few more extends, since, like you said, at least it didn't go DOWN.

Extension above level 6 requires rare mats that you can only get with a desynth great success. The mats for a single try are expensive enough and you gotta keep trying until you get a great success.

People that are willing to pay 100m for susanoguren are gonna drive the prices of mats so high that it's not going to be worth it. Specially because you can't trade extended stuff.

The prices will probably drop once the supply increases more. The more people who get what they want, the more people there are gonna be who don't need mats. I hope I can get a shop ticket though. I'd rather sell the mats now and worry about ex6+ later.

WildarmsRE5
Jan 15, 2014, 04:18 AM
+20 R-ATK at Exlvl 10 ;3

TaigaUC
HAH, I knew it, you guys and your Yasminkovs :3

All-black stuff goes well with any outfit, so it's nice.
Doesn't have any weird annoying sounds or effects either.

Ratazana
They are gonna drop sure, but every braver wants a multi class katana. They are gonna keep the prices high for a while.

Kondibon
Jan 15, 2014, 04:20 AM
They are gonna drop sure, but every braver wants a multi class katana. They are gonna keep the prices high for a while.
Eh, that's a good point. Does the rarity of an item have any effect on what mats or how many it gives? With the current changes to AQs I get the feeling people are gonna be melting down red weapons by the bucketful.

WildarmsRE5
Jan 15, 2014, 04:21 AM
Doesn't have any weird annoying sounds or effects either.RATATATATA-RATATATA-RATATATA-RATATA-RATATATA-TA-TATA-TAAA

that kind of sound annoys me more, I prefer PEW-PEW-PEW-PEW-PEW-PEW-PEW-PEW-PEW-PEW-PEW-PEWPEW-PEW.

to each on their own. ;3

jooozek
Jan 15, 2014, 04:23 AM
Eh, that's a good point. Does the rarity of an item have any effect on what mats or how many it gives? With the current changes to AQs I get the feeling people are gonna be melting down red weapons by the bucketful.

it does, though, even on the same rarity the amount of mats vary

DeificEpyon
Jan 15, 2014, 04:23 AM
RATATATATA-RATATATA-RATATATA-RATATA-RATATATA-TA-TATA-TAAA

that kind of sound annoys me more, I prefer PEW-PEW-PEW-PEW-PEW-PEW-PEW-PEW-PEW-PEW-PEW-PEWPEW-PEW.

to each on their own. ;3

Yasminkovs are more of a Bang Bang sound effect to me... I find the generic TMG sound to be more RATA TATA if you know what I mean.

I personally like Yasminkovs for their looks as well as the sound effects. I prefer modern looking weapons. I don't mind sci-fi weapons, but most of the ones in this game look a bit bizarre to me.

Exiled_Gundam
Jan 15, 2014, 04:27 AM
suddenly Firearms price went up

TaigaUC
Jan 15, 2014, 04:27 AM
to each on their own. ;3

I don't mind either of those.
I was thinking of the Border Break camo with its weird stuffy-sounding shot.
Sounds like they took a low sample rate sound from an old game (I don't know how old Border Break is).

Sakarisei
Jan 15, 2014, 04:29 AM
Maybe I should have sold my Fire Arms for 10m instead of Extending it.
It'd better last me a long time.

Craft Console: 2k FUN, 1 room cost
Craft Ex Builder: 2k FUN, 2 room cost
Craft Tech Builder: 2k FUN, 2 room cost
Craft Board: 2k FUN, 1 room cost

And what the hell, the cooldown is character-based.

Boo. You can't customize support spells. Yet?

Thanks!! Only one doubt. Can you explain me if i really need craft console or craft board for crafting weapons with craft ex builder?

WildarmsRE5
Jan 15, 2014, 04:30 AM
why did I even sell my Pandora's? oh wait, I've got my Hereticklely, no problems.

hungryneko
Jan 15, 2014, 04:31 AM
From my experience, weapon with requirement of 300-399 give 4 mats, 400-499 give 9 mats, 500-599 give 16 mats

I want to know if I should try for great success on every extend level? would it gives more bonus overall? or I can just up to higher level until the last one to try for a great success?

TaigaUC
Jan 15, 2014, 04:41 AM
Yasminkov 882 to 920 for ExLv 2.
Required a Rubiard. 35 minute cooldown, I think.

Thanks!! Only one doubt. Can you explain me if i really need craft console or craft board for crafting weapons with craft ex builder?

No idea.

Shinamori
Jan 15, 2014, 04:44 AM
Anyone know what to do for the Arks Road?

otaku998
Jan 15, 2014, 04:47 AM
At Ex level 3, i need something x 1 beside PA mat and weapon mat, anyone know what is it?

Z-0
Jan 15, 2014, 04:47 AM
I have crafting level 8 right now, and all melee and ranged weapon recipes.

The top-tier items are still better than max crafted stuff, and max crafted top tier items are weaker than their non-crafted counterparts. The weapon you craft makes NO EFFECT on the recipe at all.

Efficiency wise, this system is rather pointless, as adding a new class has EXTREMELY low chance, and even then it's RNG what class you get. With crafting level 8 I have a 0.8% chance to add a new class...

hungryneko
Jan 15, 2014, 04:48 AM
Got my red king bar full potential to 676 with extend lvl 2, pretty much set for a long time

Z-0
Jan 15, 2014, 04:50 AM
To add, all max level extensions end up at the same S-Atk regardless of star rarity.

I compared all max level recipes for all rarities for swords, and all of them end up at 1009 S-Atk at +10, which is still weaker than the best 10*s.

This system is good for improving shitty weapons with beast latents to overpower the best weapons, although I dunno if there's any examples of that (apart from the Eternal Flame Double Saber, which has 14% weak element damage up).

TaigaUC
Jan 15, 2014, 04:54 AM
Yeah, about what I expected from SEGA, really.
The system in general feels like they cut corners and used global values out of laziness.
Well, at least I can use some of the nice looking weapons now.
And RaBarta sucks less.

Tech Customization and Extend share the same lines.
You can't check your recipes from the crafting lines while they're on cooldown.
But you can check them in the advertise recipes to other players section.
Still kinda stupid but whatever.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 15, 2014, 04:57 AM
To add, all max level extensions end up at the same S-Atk regardless of star rarity.
So it's not just me

I crafted a firearms and a lambda tigredor and they stopped at the same r-atk..

jooozek
Jan 15, 2014, 05:00 AM
You can't check your recipes while it's on cooldown (DURRRRRRRRRR GUI FAIL).

you can, use visiophone

Z-0
Jan 15, 2014, 05:01 AM
Great Success can add more than one class. Just great extended a Talis and got Hu and Fi.

http://i.imgur.com/79TYkxM.jpg

IndigoNovember
Jan 15, 2014, 05:04 AM
Is it just me, or can you not have Craft Builder and Craft Builder 2 in the same My Room?

hungryneko
Jan 15, 2014, 05:06 AM
or use the 3rd options on your crafting board

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 15, 2014, 05:15 AM
Does crafting items give them a chance at losing their multiclass?
I want to craft this Lambda Aresvis, should end up better than than the matterboard TMGs

Z-0
Jan 15, 2014, 05:15 AM
Crafting will always lose multiclass. The recipe itself says that it will make the weapon only have X class (unless you greatly succeed).

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 15, 2014, 05:16 AM
Ah, guess I shouldn't bother then

otaku998
Jan 15, 2014, 05:29 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/B2Th1SF.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

The material that i am missing, what is it?

TaigaUC
Jan 15, 2014, 05:34 AM
The material that i am missing, what is it?

You get it from GREAT SUCCESSFULLY breaking down an item.
Buy it from other players for 200k.

Ah, guess I shouldn't bother then

Potential "crafting in a nutshell" common reaction.

otaku998
Jan 15, 2014, 05:36 AM
lol derp, can i have the jp word for it? And thx for info

TaigaUC
Jan 15, 2014, 05:38 AM
Sorry, didn't think of it. Tired again.
ルビアード

If you really need to, you can use KanjiTomo to identify in-game letters one by one.

otaku998
Jan 15, 2014, 05:43 AM
Oh np and thanks again. I think i shouldn't bother with this crafting but like oh well giving it a try on my fav 7* katana for the sake of it.

TaigaUC
Jan 15, 2014, 05:50 AM
Kinda sucks if you want to get a few Tech customizations that require unlocking.
Have to keep making custom discs that you probably won't even want to use.
They could have given us some variation or something.

otaku998
Jan 15, 2014, 05:52 AM
http://i.imgur.com/1PV8qj2.jpg

Lol, i am done, good enough i guess

Kikikiki
Jan 15, 2014, 05:54 AM
http://i.imgur.com/1PV8qj2.jpg

Lol, i am done, good enough i guess

How much do these cost in player shop now? 10m?