PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about that crafting?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Niagara
Jan 15, 2014, 05:54 AM
The item you needed is called the "Rubiard".

I don't even know where to dismantle things... ._.

Dnd
Jan 15, 2014, 06:00 AM
totally ok with this
[SPOILER-BOX]http://imageshack.com/a/img855/2323/d1xc.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Houten
Jan 15, 2014, 06:20 AM
Anything special about crafting lines? Or is it just a way to limit crafting/hour and $ generation? AC unlocked slots are per character?

CricketJam
Jan 15, 2014, 06:23 AM
Great Success custom disc on Gifoie with the default level 1 recipe:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/6lFx9.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

IT CHARGES SO FAST NOW

TaigaUC
Jan 15, 2014, 06:27 AM
I think I got a great success on 2 or 3 of the 3 tech customization attempts I tried.

How does one get a Safard? The only thing I have that results in that is a great success from breaking down an 11 star.
Any other way aside from exchanging 10 Rubiards at the shop?
Or is everyone breaking their large collection of 11 stars down in hopes of a great success~?

By the way, has anyone tried extending a Rescue Gun yet?

jcart953
Jan 15, 2014, 07:16 AM
By the way, has anyone tried extending a Rescue Gun yet?

So going to try that after work...would be even better if they gave it another potential.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 15, 2014, 07:47 AM
So from what im reading, there's cap across the board for ?-atk regardless of weapon
may I ask what the base stat (not counting grinders boost) for tmg?

I ask because I have y9k +10 and was debating if its worth it to attempt to increase base stat to make better.

Thanks

somd
Jan 15, 2014, 07:49 AM
Does crafting items give them a chance at losing their multiclass?
I want to craft this Lambda Aresvis, should end up better than than the matterboard TMGs

extended an agito to lvl3 and.....

lvl1 made it braver only
lvl2 got hunter and braver
lvl3 all class

but the equip req went up to 460 dex

TaigaUC
Jan 15, 2014, 07:53 AM
I ask because I have y9k +10 and was debating if its worth it to attempt to increase base stat to make better.

I'm thinking it may be better to grind up a 2000H and sell the 9000 for a small fortune.
Depends on how valuable your 9000 is and how badly you want to max out, I guess.
And how lucky you are with the 2000H. And which appearance you prefer more.

An average maxed out 9000 is worth around 4m, whereas one with 895 RATK is probably worth 9m to 20m. No idea if they're actually selling or not.

angrysquid
Jan 15, 2014, 07:56 AM
So from what im reading, there's cap across the board for ?-atk regardless of weapon
may I ask what the base stat (not counting grinders boost) for tmg?

Thanks

So far i have Lv4 10* Ex recipes which is 492 Base R for TMGs, iirc yas9k has 432 base

Geistritter
Jan 15, 2014, 07:56 AM
You might want to peruse a post I made in the Braver thread before you do anything too crazy:

this is some data for those of you looking to grab weapons based on their Potentials, due to the new crafting system allowing lower rarity weapons' ATP to catch up to 10 stars'.

I used a カリシズマ (translated as "Kalicizma", a 9 star weapon) versus a ラムダラクルイコウ (translated as "Lambda Lacruico", a 10 star weapon) for this test.

The カリシズマ has its potential at 1, which raises Average Stance's effect by 5%. The ラムダラクルイコウ has no damage-related potential, and so this isn't a factor in the following comparisons.

The カリシズマ, Extended to level 4, has a S-Atk of 820 at +10, with no damage-related affixes. The ラムダラクルイコウ, unExtended, has 897 at +10, with Vol Soul and Power III included.

Both have Fire 50 and were used against level 61 Gulfs, under the effect of Katana Gear. Only critical hits using Sakura End were recorded.

The Braver used for this test had 970 S-Atk with no weapon equipped. The following build was used. Note that Fury Stance Up 2 is only level 4: http://tinyurl.com/m4d7kkm

ラムダラクルイコウ came in at 5150 per hit. カリシズマ dealt 5197.

An obvious point in the lower rarity weapon's favor, but this doesn't tell the whole story, because it has a much wider variance; 10 star weapons innately have much lower variance than their lower-ranked cousins. This Braver has 465 Dex, and Kanran Kikyo, for example, has approximately 50 damage variance when using the ラムダラクルイコウ. The カリシズマ can have as much as 300, a considerable drop.

There are more factors that can increase the カリシズマ's viability, of course, such as an additional Extension, which will give it sixty or more ATP in my estimation, and raising its Potential to 3, but it's also worth mentioning that the ラムダラクルイコウ can also be extended, although it won't actually get stronger than it was until Extend level 4, and as far as I can tell, 10 stars can't be Extended past 4 at this time, so that's as far as it's going.

On that note, don't bother Extending your 10 stars unless you plan to hang onto them indefinitely for this reason; you're getting about as much as a damage Affix and a Soul combined from it, which has value when you put it that way, but not if you're not going to use it for long; it'll cost you a few hundred thousand and some uncommon materials.

Another thing to note for people who may have seen these tests and deemed it worthy to work on some lower gear is that Extending a weapon can make its requirements greatly exceed their original values; the カリシズマ, for example, started out requiring 330 Dex, but after bringing it to Extend level 4, required 460. A Great Success brought this down to a much more manageable 391. You're free to attempt the same level as many times as you want if your aim is to bring down a weapon requirement that's gotten too rich for your capabilities, so that's something to keep in mind, too.

This isn't the most comprehensive test in the world, but hopefully it can shape some peoples' outlooks on their future weapon decisions.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 15, 2014, 08:02 AM
Initially ive grown fond of my y9k....to the point I level 3'd Zero Effort +10 and mizer shoot III, poison III

So yea thats my baby haha
Edit: plus I like how they look so yes I'd use these until they became fully outdated.( and even then I'd still keep them)
And provided of its latent I feel it still holds up a tad depending on how one plays GU
i also have those also have those forest AQ Tmg with same abilities (minus the latent abilty

And a 60 R-Atk doesn't seem bad at all. Unsure how that comes out in terms of extra damage but still

Geistritter
Jan 15, 2014, 08:09 AM
As stated above, you're going to get a much higher variance out of the 2000H, which in practice lowers your overall damage. As such, the 2000H will be the lesser weapon no matter what you do with it. It's likely not going to be worth selling the 9000M; you're probably better off Extending it instead if you're attached to it.

Just keep in mind you're not going to get the same bang out of it until Extend level 4; it'll be a little weaker until then.

somd
Jan 15, 2014, 08:10 AM
extended my yas9k to lvl3 and it has 950 atp with affixes

Shinamori
Jan 15, 2014, 08:11 AM
I extended a Vita Katana to have 1 less S-ATK than a Agito at +10. :V

somd
Jan 15, 2014, 08:12 AM
As stated above, you're going to get a much higher variance out of the 2000H, which in practice lowers your overall damage. As such, the 2000H will be the lesser weapon no matter what you do with it. It's likely not going to be worth selling the 9000M; you're probably better off Extending it instead if you're attached to it.

Just keep in mind you're not going to get the same bang out of it until Extend level 4; it'll be a little weaker until then.

yas9k did not get a reduced atp like the higher end ten star weps

Geistritter
Jan 15, 2014, 08:12 AM
Ah, so there is a difference between them, huh. Didn't expect that.

9000M is the clear winner, then.

angrysquid
Jan 15, 2014, 08:13 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://oi44.tinypic.com/2qbru5h.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
Gotta unlock this to see if there are more 10* Extend lvls.. i think,,

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 15, 2014, 08:13 AM

Fair enough.
yea I won't do it anytime soon as I'd like to learn the ins and outs of crafting first before I jump to that

Applekrumble
Jan 15, 2014, 08:14 AM
Does each craft raise a weapon's prerequisite (to use it) indefinitely?

TaigaUC
Jan 15, 2014, 08:14 AM
Not sure if I read it correctly but I think JP commenters on the wiki are saying something about 10 stars losing their dex/ability correction.

GALEFORCE
Jan 15, 2014, 08:16 AM
I got to play a grand total of 5 minutes before emergency maint.

Is it possible to multiclass a weapon without leveling it up much so as to not increase the equipment requirement?

Edson Drake
Jan 15, 2014, 08:16 AM
I actually like the looks of both Yas2k and Justice. I wonder how well they will fare later on when I get to work on them.

gigawuts
Jan 15, 2014, 08:17 AM
Not sure if I read it correctly but I think JP commenters on the wiki are saying something about 10 stars losing their dex/ability correction.

I wondered what they would do about 1-6*s not having this, and red weapons having a penalty.

This is actually significant. All rares (discounting red weapons) have a 20% dex bonus. That's not insignificant.

Geistritter
Jan 15, 2014, 08:18 AM

Can't test this because the servers are down, but it'd make a big difference.

TaigaUC
Jan 15, 2014, 08:25 AM
Can't test this because the servers are down, but it'd make a big difference.

Someone posted a video of it in one of these threads but I closed the tab.
Video link: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22676938
Thanks, whoever it was (I'm tired and my eyes are screwed).

Check the bottom of this page for JP discussion:
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?Comments%2F%E9%9B%91%E8%AB%87%E6%8E%B2%E 7%A4%BA%E6%9D%BFVol212

Geistritter
Jan 15, 2014, 08:29 AM
Look at how fat and glorious that Cast is. I love it.

What, the video? Oh, right. Watching that now.

TaigaUC
Jan 15, 2014, 08:30 AM
Yeah, the Cast looks pretty awesome.

Ratazana
Jan 15, 2014, 08:32 AM
There is a thread on 2ch about that. Some people are wondering if it might be a bug but it makes sense. Extension overwrites the weapon data after all. I guess the extended template got no ability.

Geistritter
Jan 15, 2014, 08:34 AM
Anyway, yeah, that's a major concern, and reflects my own tests, although I was told - and foolishly believed without confirming - that 10 stars just had lower variance than everything else. I've got my fingers crossed that this was an unintended side-effect of Extending removing passive effects on weapons, and that the variance of non-Red rares was meant to be left alone.

TaigaUC
Some commenters on that video are saying SEGA warned us about 10 stars becoming weaker.
But what's the point in letting us Extend them if they become garbage?

SociableTyrannosaur
Seems like a heafty price to pay for 10*s if that's the result. Higher end weapons still aren't back to square 1 after reaching ex4. That's insane.

gigawuts
Jan 15, 2014, 08:36 AM
Seems like a heafty price to pay for 10*s if that's the result. Higher end weapons still aren't back to square 1 after reaching ex4. That's insane.

Gunner crit build currently looking better.

Z-0
Jan 15, 2014, 08:38 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://oi44.tinypic.com/2qbru5h.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
Gotta unlock this to see if there are more 10* Extend lvls.. i think,,
There aren't.

It says なし in the additional recipe list which means nothing will be unlocked.

angrysquid
Jan 15, 2014, 08:40 AM
Oh i thought it was hidden until completition.. shuld study dis board sum more...

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 15, 2014, 08:40 AM
Gunner crit build currently looking better.

>_>

/5char

Geistritter
Jan 15, 2014, 08:46 AM
I broke my Zexia if this was intentional, then. Would really be nice if they flat out said this is what was going to happen.

I can make another one, but that doesn't mean I won't be pissed off about it. Took me ages to get that sucker to Potential 3.

SeYc
Jan 15, 2014, 08:46 AM
Anyone know what to do for the Arks Road?

I would like to know too...

TaigaUC
Jan 15, 2014, 08:47 AM
Some people suspecting it's intentional to make us go farm everything all over again.

Z-0
Jan 15, 2014, 08:48 AM
Arks Road ->

1. Go to the teleporter near Kressida to trigger a cutscene with Jig. He'll give you a crafting set (some items).
2. Dismantle an item.
3. Extend an item.
4. List a recipe you're able to craft with.
5. Check the crafter's menu in the Visiphone.

Geistritter
Jan 15, 2014, 08:51 AM
Some people suspecting it's intentional to make us go farm everything all over again.

That strikes me as a little too sinister for Sega. Sega seems too stupid to be evil. Maybe that's what they're going for, though. Who knows, but they respond to feedback often enough to make me doubt they'd do something intentionally underhanded.

The lack of information reeks of bullshit either way. We shouldn't have to find this out the hard way. I'd consider it water under the bridge if they gave out items that removed Extensions, but we shouldn't be forced to eat this with no warning.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 15, 2014, 08:53 AM
agreed, if there were a (FREE) way to remove extend codes, I'd be a happy guy.

Kondibon
Jan 15, 2014, 08:54 AM
Arks Road ->

1. Go to the teleporter near Kressida to trigger a cutscene with Jig. He'll give you a crafting set (some items).
2. Dismantle an item.
3. Extend an item.
4. List a recipe you're able to craft with.
5. Check the crafter's menu in the Visiphone.Ooo, thank you.

TaigaUC
Jan 15, 2014, 08:56 AM
I think all PR generally try to make intentional underhandedness seem unbelievable.
It's easy to get caught up in the pleasant atmosphere and presentation of the live broadcast.
The actual game is a different story.

I'd have liked to have seen Ichitaro's reaction to this nonsense.
Then we'd probably never see him on the live broadcast ever again.

Ratazana
Jan 15, 2014, 09:00 AM
I would like to know where people got the idea that extending would upgrade their 10★. It has been stated from the very beginning that this would be mostly a cosmetic thing and that most ★10s would get weaker.

The ability thing sucks but it's to be expected. Like I said before the weapon data is overwritten by the extension. People assumed wrongly (it wasn't said anywhere) that they would keep the ability and they didn't.

Geistritter
Jan 15, 2014, 09:00 AM
I suspect they're going to get enough of an outcry from the Japanese playerbase that either compensation items will be given out to reverse the process, or they'll put the Dex buffer back. As is, this is flat out underhanded, and if that doesn't bother them, it's shitty business practice, which might bother them if enough players are willing to speak against it by withholding their wallets. Sega's not in a position to risk a PR nightmare.

TaigaUC
Jan 15, 2014, 09:02 AM
They said 10 stars would get weaker but eventually get stronger.
In actuality they permanently become rubbish.

That's quite a difference and basically encouraged people to do it.
Otherwise 10 stars wouldn't and shouldn't be extendable.

jooozek
Jan 15, 2014, 09:03 AM
by the way, are the rare mats from extracting 10* stuff used for anything yet?

Geistritter
Jan 15, 2014, 09:04 AM
I would like to know where people got the idea that extending would upgrade their 10★. It has been stated from the very beginning that this would be mostly a cosmetic thing and that most ★10s would get weaker.

The ability thing sucks but it's to be expected. Like I said before the weapon data is overwritten by the extension. People assumed wrongly (it wasn't said anywhere) that they would keep the ability and they didn't.

And you're acting like it's all so cut and dry as to be undebatable. Based on the extremely vague "proof" of "they get weaker", they get weaker merely by extension, but it's a temporary thing you need to work at to correct.

Making a weapon weaker for no reason whatsoever, permanently, is fucking retarded, and if you think otherwise, you might need your head examined. No one should assume that making use of a new feature permanently breaks their equipment; there's no logic in it whatsoever. You can pretend there is in an effort to look more intelligent than everyone else, but the fact is that if you're arguing that this is a good idea, you're the one that looks stupid.

Now, if they said ahead of time, "Alright, dumb shits, this is what it'll do, and if you still think it's a good idea to do it, well, we warned you.", that's different.

That isn't what happened here. Not even close.

gigawuts
Jan 15, 2014, 09:06 AM
I honestly don't think they should even have the base dex to begin with, all it does is help promote pure atk speccing.

But since it's so clearly such an integral part of rare weapons then higher level extend codes should start putting it in, for all rarities. That means an ExLv10 3* should have a dex bonus too.

TaigaUC
Jan 15, 2014, 09:07 AM
I feel sorry for people who paid real money to destroy their equipment.
Nice system.

Ratazana
Jan 15, 2014, 09:09 AM
@Geistritter

They said that a fully extended weapon would be weaker than high-end gear.

They didn't make anything weaker. You did. You did it hoping to make your ★10 stronger and that was a bit naive if you ask me.

landman
Jan 15, 2014, 09:10 AM
I managed to craft some 3* for the only purpose of leveling up, but I didn't manage to craft any tech, what are the necessary materials?

Geistritter
I at least didn't go that far, and again, I only lost one thing I cared about, but that doesn't make it not irritating. This isn't how you implement new features, and this isn't how you introduce balance. It's bad enough when they don't tell us shit like which PAs are suddenly not garbage anymore at level 16, but this is on another level of horrendous design altogether.

gigawuts
Seriously though. Did any of you expect any different? Any? Why?

This is PSO2. It is free to play. Free to play.

Sega's entire goal with its approach to F2P is to make you so miserable that you want to spend money to fix or avoid something. They do not reward players for playing and then buying things, they punish you for playing until you buy something.

TaigaUC
Jan 15, 2014, 09:11 AM
You seriously believe that they allowed us to extend 10 stars specifically to make them permanently weaker with no benefits?

Well, I wouldn't put it past them. Ha ha.

gigawuts
Jan 15, 2014, 09:13 AM
Oh, I'm sure they'll be stronger eventually, but you won't be able to reach that crafting level for quite some time because all your slots are on cooldown.

Geistritter
Jan 15, 2014, 09:14 AM
@Geistritter

They said that a fully extended weapon would be weaker than high-end gear.

They didn't make anything weaker. You did. You did it hoping to make your ★10 stronger and that was a bit naive if you ask me.

No one asked you, actually, and again, you're coming off pretty strongly as simply attempting to look smarter than everyone else, rather than that you actually believed something on this level was what they had in mind, because no one would reasonably expect such a thing.

It's easy to pretend like you knew it was going to happen all along once it's already happened, and if you ask me (and you didn't, actually), I think you're talking out of your ass, especially since every time you repeat your stance, you add something else to it.

WildarmsRE5
Jan 15, 2014, 09:15 AM
we can make those 10* weaker but allowing them to be Multi-Class. . . that's one Benefit.

Everyone is Missing the whole point of Crafting here. . .

it's made to use whatever weapons you want and do enough damage for it to be Viable at higher levels, If you already have a favorite weapon and is a top tier one, why the hell would you extend it as they said it won't make uber powerful gears? and be at somewhat tied to the current top tier gears?

Geistritter
Still pretty garbage, actually.

TaigaUC
I expected the system to be shitty in some way, but I think this is too blatantly obvious.

They might as well introduce a system where we pay money to wipe our hard driv--
Oh, wait. That actually happened.

Geistritter
Jan 15, 2014, 09:16 AM
Hey hey hey. To be fair, some people got their hard drives wiped free of charge.

Z-0
Jan 15, 2014, 09:16 AM
Oh, I'm sure they'll be stronger eventually, but you won't be able to reach that crafting level for quite some time because all your slots are on cooldown.
Recipes are not unlocked based on crafting level, but rather getting crafting titles.

I have all the melee and ranged titles currently available, and fully extended weapons are still weaker than top-end gear unextended.

gigawuts
Jan 15, 2014, 09:17 AM
Recipes are not unlocked based on crafting level, but rather getting crafting titles.

I have all the melee and ranged titles currently available, and fully extended weapons are still weaker than top-end gear unextended.

Then what exactly does the crafting level do? Boost outcome chances?

Geistritter
Jan 15, 2014, 09:18 AM
Reduces cooldown, boosts great success rates, that sort of thing.

gigawuts
Jan 15, 2014, 09:19 AM
Oh, alright. Still, you have to unlock recipes by doing lower end recipes multiple times, right?

Z-0
Jan 15, 2014, 09:19 AM
Increases the chance of certain "great successes" happening.

For example, at my crafting level before I had to go to class (10), I had a 1% chance to add a class when I crafted (which would've resulted in a great success) and a 0.8% chance to lower the requirement of the weapon (which would've also resulted in a great success).

It also increases the chance of the cooldown time being lower than normal (I think at my level it was 5%, but I might be wrong, can't check!).

EDIT: And no, recipes are unlocked by just extending things multiple times and getting a title.

TaigaUC
Jan 15, 2014, 09:20 AM

There was a notice somewhere saying some stuff can't be done because they intend to add more extend recipes later.

So I guess it's their way of balancing 10 stars until they add that new content?
I dunno, the whole thing is ridiculously stupid.

gigawuts
Jan 15, 2014, 09:21 AM
Increases the chance of certain "great successes" happening.

For example, at my crafting level before I had to go to class (10), I had a 1% chance to add a class when I crafted (which would've resulted in a great success) and a 0.8% chance to lower the requirement of the weapon (which would've also resulted in a great success).

It also increases the chance of the cooldown time being lower than normal (I think at my level it was 5%, but I might be wrong, can't check!).

EDIT: And no, recipes are unlocked by just extending things multiple times and getting a title.

So, right, what I said in the first place, just with different terms.

You have to do shit that sets your slots on cooldown to unlock the desired recipes.

Or does the same ExLv1 recipe work all the way through ExLv10?

Saffran
Jan 15, 2014, 09:23 AM
They did say that the extend system would make 10 stars weapons weaker, they said it flat out. They also said you'd need high end crafting to make it up.
I haven't been able to play, I updated and then there was the maintenance. Maybe that's why I don't understand why people fuss over it.

jooozek
Jan 15, 2014, 09:26 AM
people fuss about it because when you use extending, it doesn't say "your hidden dex booster is going to get fucked the second you confirm your craft"
man, that sure was hard

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 15, 2014, 09:27 AM
They said "weaker at first", but you'd figure by the time you've used rare materials that you can only get from 11*s and trading, you'd at least be back at where you started.

gigawuts
Jan 15, 2014, 09:30 AM
people fuss about it because when you use extending, it doesn't say "your hidden dex booster is going to get fucked the second you confirm your craft"
man, that sure was hard

They also don't say the hidden dex bonus is there to begin with.

Maybe the hidden dex bonus has been a bug this entire time, and whenever they add a new weapon they just copypaste the original bugged entry in the database?

Geistritter
Jan 15, 2014, 09:32 AM
You can keep parroting that "they said they'd be weaker" all you want, but that's completely objective, and will continue to be. They didn't say why, or how, and thus they fucked up when the weakness is of this magnitude.

If the weatherman says the weather might be bad today, and your house gets carried away in a tornado that afternoon, no one says, "Well, the weatherman said the weather was going to be bad, retard." They ask why the fuck no one mentioned a tornado.

jooozek
Jan 15, 2014, 09:32 AM
the point is they are penalising you without giving you a prior notice

deahamlet
Jan 15, 2014, 09:39 AM
They did say that the extend system would make 10 stars weapons weaker, they said it flat out. They also said you'd need high end crafting to make it up.
I haven't been able to play, I updated and then there was the maintenance. Maybe that's why I don't understand why people fuss over it.

Problem is that no amount of high end crafting available at the moment can make up for losing that dex bonus, period.

---
At least all I did was mess around with a 10* rod that I love the look of but is too weak to excuse using when I already have 3 10*s that are stronger, 2 10*s with much better latents, etc. Will play with it until I get techer added as a class to it o.O.
I was debating making the Seitenweise (10* one, always mix up the names) into a more powerful rod so I can take advantage of its latent. Guess that's a bad idea.

---
Anyone have a list of the crafting titles and what we need to do to unlock them? All that Japanese is making me so confused and I'd rather not craft useless stuff unless I really have to.

somd
Jan 15, 2014, 09:47 AM
not all 10*s get weaker on the first extend only the high end ones that came out with SH mode. This would be for balance issues I'm assuming. Both agito and yas9k got considerable gains by the time they reached lvl3 extend. The newer SH 10*s will not see any gains till after lvl5 extend, they actually drop about 100 atp but the equip requirement gets halved.

Aine
Jan 15, 2014, 09:53 AM
You can keep parroting that "they said they'd be weaker" all you want, but that's completely objective, and will continue to be. They didn't say why, or how, and thus they fucked up when the weakness is of this magnitude.

If the weatherman says the weather might be bad today, and your house gets carried away in a tornado that afternoon, no one says, "Well, the weatherman said the weather was going to be bad, retard." They ask why the fuck no one mentioned a tornado.

No, they actually explained this very specifically on the official blog. They said that when you craft something the original stats get overwritten and replaced with a common fixed value that peaks at around the equivalent of the 5th strongest 10-star in the category. We knew how the crafting system would work long before today. So if you extended a Susanoguren or something and you're angry that it got weaker, that's your fault.

What people didn't expect was that rare weapons would lose their dex bonus, making anything you craft essentially garbage even if the stats improved. Whether this is a bug or intentional remains to be seen.

WildarmsRE5
Jan 15, 2014, 10:00 AM
I thought the maint was to fix that Dex bonus. . .

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 15, 2014, 10:02 AM
So ive been told y9k doesn't get weaker as you extend it from a few people yet many are saying the 10*s do get weaker as they extended.....

Can someone shine some light on this for me?
Very confused lol

gigawuts
Jan 15, 2014, 10:02 AM
No, they actually explained this very specifically on the official blog. They said that when you craft something the original stats get overwritten and replaced with a common fixed value that peaks at around the equivalent of the 5th strongest 10-star in the category. We knew how the crafting system would work long before today. So if you extended a Susanoguren or something and you're angry that it got weaker, that's your fault.

What people didn't expect was that rare weapons would lose their dex bonus, making anything you craft essentially garbage even if the stats improved. Whether this is a bug or intentional remains to be seen.

I even speculated over the loss of the hidden dex bonus a long time ago, when they announced weapons would lose allclass and multiclass status. It's not a stretch to think that the dex bonus is an individually added stat, and not a blanket bonus for everything of X rarity.

Emp
Jan 15, 2014, 10:05 AM
What im gonna laugh the most about tomorrow, is people 'upgrading' 10* weapons with lv1 recipes, then complaining why they dropped to 400-500 atk at +10 with affixes, then not bothering to level up crafting to restore the item to its first base value....

Wow Dnd saw it all coming. Raging jp! ^^

jiasu73
Jan 15, 2014, 10:09 AM
So ive been told y9k doesn't get weaker as you extend it from a few people yet many are saying the 10*s do get weaker as they extended.....

Very confused lol

Extensions have a standardized value based on rarity so at the first level chances are it will be significantly weaker then it's original state. I'm not sure what the current power is for twin mechs at max extension is so i cannot say but since yasumi is one of the "weaker" 10* mechs based on r-atk alone it might be the case that max extend >yasumi in terms of r-atk

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 15, 2014, 10:19 AM
Extensions have a standardized value based on rarity so at the first level chances are it will be significantly weaker then it's original state. I'm not sure what the current power is for twin mechs at max extension is so i cannot say but since yasumi is one of the "weaker" 10* mechs based on r-atk alone it might be the case that max extend >yasumi in terms of r-atk

Iirc on an earlier post.
it was mention that level 1 extended on y9k base attack increase r-atk by 2 points

renji84
Jan 15, 2014, 10:25 AM

Very confused lol

http://t4.pixhost.org/thumbs/3580/20092448_pso20140115_114632_002.jpg (http://www.pixhost.org/show/3580/20092448_pso20140115_114632_002.jpg)

gigawuts
Jan 15, 2014, 10:28 AM
The question is: Does that make up for the 20% dex bonus?

If you have 500 dex, then yes on average. You'll have lower lows, but you'll have higher enough highs to offset the difference.

Ratazana
Jan 15, 2014, 10:30 AM
The question is: Does that make up for the 20% dex bonus?

If you have 500 dex, then yes on average. You'll have lower lows, but you'll have higher enough highs to offset the difference.

You are going to confuse him even more.

HIT0SHI
Jan 15, 2014, 10:33 AM
Just to clarify, I need to have a high EX lv before i craft 7* and up stuff to make the most of it due to not being able to craft/extended the same item multiple times?
And if so, i should REALLY start at lv 10 EX?

isCasted
Jan 15, 2014, 10:41 AM
What im gonna laugh the most about tomorrow, is people 'upgrading' 10* weapons with lv1 recipes, then complaining why they dropped to 400-500 atk at +10 with affixes, then not bothering to level up crafting to restore the item to its first base value....

Same thing was with Gunner and Braver when they first came out.
Smart people from SEGA create a system -> players don't get the idea and complain -> other people from SEGA "fix" the system because original creator can't see the "problem".

Of course, SEGA does mistakes (rather, too many of them). Like, why do multiclass weapons lose their multiclassness? Why do weapons with non-native stats (like TMGs with T-ATK) lose those stats? Isn't that the whole point of those weapons? Why do those get erased if Potentials don't?

About 20% DEX bonus I can say one thing: why was it there in first place? If they wanted to decrease DPH spread this way, why not make every weapon have its own DEX value? It's not like this game is too complicated already.

Coatl
Jan 15, 2014, 10:42 AM
So are those AC purchasable crafting slots permanent or are they 30 day garbage?

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 15, 2014, 10:44 AM
http://t4.pixhost.org/thumbs/3580/20092448_pso20140115_114632_002.jpg (http://www.pixhost.org/show/3580/20092448_pso20140115_114632_002.jpg)
!??! Oh wow thats 114 r-atk difference
very nice lol

Thank you very much

I have something to look forward to now.
I can careless if they can be used with another class (as I doubt I'd use gunner with another class other then ranger)

This is very good news

Sure it'll be challenging though

jiasu73
Jan 15, 2014, 10:47 AM
So are those AC purchasable crafting slots permanent or are they 30 day garbage?

Permanent

Dia79
Jan 15, 2014, 10:49 AM

Well considering the -20% dex boost this is not bad at all ! Now i wonder if i could go for the flames TMGS (since i got em 50% light full R-atk affix 4 slot) or maybe those wont get the right boost like ppl saying about those new SH 10s.....???:-?

jooozek
Jan 15, 2014, 10:58 AM
Well considering the -20% dex boost this is not bad at all ! Now i wonder if i could go for the flames TMGS (since i got em 50% light full R-atk affix 4 slot) or maybe those wont get the right boost like ppl saying about those new SH 10s.....???:-?

from what people were saying every 10* extended reaches the same amounts of X-ATK of it's weapon class, so if that's true you'd get those to 934 r-atk on lv4 extension (excluding affixes) so basically you'd have 4 less R-ATK than you currently have

Dia79
Jan 15, 2014, 11:06 AM
from what people were saying every 10* extended reaches the same amounts of X-ATK of it's weapon class, so if that's true you'd get those to 934 r-atk on lv4 extension (excluding affixes) so basically you'd have 4 less R-ATK than you currently have

god thats not good for some 10s so .....but i kinda like the idea of crafting my H10 Missouri T now :D or maybe i could go for a multiclass yasmi9000 8-)
Btw what about 10s Units ? worth to craft or ......:-?

Arkanoid
Jan 15, 2014, 11:15 AM
Has anyone tried crafting on units yet? What kind of things can be done with those?

Dia79
Jan 15, 2014, 11:16 AM
Has anyone tried crafting on units yet? What kind of things can be done with those?

thats what i wonder too :D

martinmeegan
Jan 15, 2014, 11:18 AM
god thats not good for some 10s so .....but i kinda like the idea of crafting my H10 Missouri T now :D

This. The skin is awesome but the power is poo. I'm gonna craft the ass out of mine:-P

Dia79
Jan 15, 2014, 11:23 AM
This. The skin is awesome but the power is poo. I'm gonna craft the ass out of mine:-P

u mean about H10 Missouri T? it wil will still reach 934 r atk? and
Btw what about katanas guys whats the 10s stk limit on crafting? :-D

Z-0
Jan 15, 2014, 11:24 AM
All Katanas reach 855 S-Atk when fully extended.

Dia79
Jan 15, 2014, 11:26 AM
All Katanas reach 855 S-Atk when fully extended.

Ouch ....worth to go for an agito? :-o or the -20% dex will cut the total dmg gained anyway ^_^ :-? :-(

renji84
Jan 15, 2014, 11:30 AM

http://t4.pixhost.org/thumbs/3580/20092844_pso20140115_125032_003.jpg (http://www.pixhost.org/show/3580/20092844_pso20140115_125032_003.jpg)

http://t4.pixhost.org/thumbs/3580/20092856_pso20140115_093010_000.jpg (http://www.pixhost.org/show/3580/20092856_pso20140115_093010_000.jpg)

Saffran
Jan 15, 2014, 11:30 AM
Geistritter > The way I see it, it's not even a "fuck up" to begin with. I don't think we will be able to reach a common ground on this issue.

Giga > We need to look again for the Dex turning point values...

Saffran
Jan 15, 2014, 11:37 AM
Renji > I don't get the point of erasing the hidden Magic Resistance from the gamma units. The only reason to get them was the sweet 18% reduction on magic attacks.
Also, if I see this right 6 stars have the same values as 10 stars...

renji84
Jan 15, 2014, 11:45 AM
Renji > I don't get the point of erasing the hidden Magic Resistance from the gamma units. The only reason to get them was the sweet 18% reduction on magic attacks.

I dont play on lucky rise unit sometime a put unit for crystal boss ist just test because I dont care

Z-0
Jan 15, 2014, 11:52 AM
Yes, all rarities have the same values when crafting if I remember correctly (for units).

Dia79
Jan 15, 2014, 11:53 AM
I dont play on lucky rise unit sometime a put unit for crystal boss ist just test because I dont care

same here

Arkanoid
Jan 15, 2014, 11:53 AM

I can't read the Japanese in the screenshot. Are you saying that by extending armor units you actually remove the hidden tech resist bonus? I find it odd how they settled on the defense stats which seem to be 243/215/215 regardless of what the dominant stat used to be on the unit.

Saffran
Jan 15, 2014, 12:08 PM
The 243/215/215 would be because they don't play their own game and they just made a median out of all values.
By extending any piece of equipment, you strip it from each and any of it's hidden attributes.
Ragne units lose their magic res and strike res, etc.
It goes up to ridiculous lengths, like (for example) a HP unit that doesn't raise your HP (which is its only reason to exist in the first place).

Renji > Yeah, for testing purposes I can understand, but honestly, out of all my unit sets, the lucky raise set is still the one I end up having on (I have it on 24/7).

Arksenth
Jan 15, 2014, 12:11 PM
To be honest, I didn't expect SEGA to neglect hidden bonuses like DEX modifiers or unit piece bonuses because they're so essential to the function of weapons/units that we pretty much take them for granted.

But then again, SEGA.

I guess we still have Tech crafting to play around with! /o/

Arkanoid
Jan 15, 2014, 12:16 PM
The 243/215/215 would be because they don't play their own game and they just made a median out of all values.
By extending any piece of equipment, you strip it from each and any of it's hidden attributes.
Ragne units lose their magic res and strike res, etc.
It goes up to ridiculous lengths, like (for example) a HP unit that doesn't raise your HP (which is its only reason to exist in the first place).

Renji > Yeah, for testing purposes I can understand, but honestly, out of all my unit sets, the lucky raise set is still the one I end up having on (I have it on 24/7).

Wow. Extending units sounds absolutely horrible for pretty much anything that you might actually want to upgrade. Aren't there supposed to be some like... positive effects that occur besides the defense stats!? Lol.. so you even lose stuff like the HP bonus on ragne units? Let me guess, you can maybe get some of it back by GREATLY SUCCEEDING? Honestly I expected this whole system to suck ass, but this is so much worse than I would have imagined if true.

martinmeegan
Jan 15, 2014, 12:23 PM
So at the moment there is no point extending units, weapons are limited to low end 10* and lower but PA's are worth playing around with? I'm think I shall leave it for a bit and see how that land lies in a weeks time when everything has settled down.

Arksenth
Jan 15, 2014, 12:25 PM
Might be somewhat worth it if you're extending T-DEF or R-DEF type Lucky Rise units because the majority of the damage sources in this game are striking, but beyond that I'm also hard-pressed to find a use.

gigawuts
Jan 15, 2014, 12:26 PM
Honestly though, unless base HP and PP are something you can reliably get extending units seems pointless. Def and resist are nice but it's the PP I really care about.

Agastya
Jan 15, 2014, 12:28 PM
a lot of the tech effects werent worth it but a few stood out, mostly gifoie gaining damage and only losing burn procs, megid getting a little faster, and ramegid gaining poisoin proc boosts

anything thats "power +XX%" just adds it to the base power though unfortunately

some of the charge time reductions loked nice but thats it

call me back when i can reduce sabartas charge time

or if you have 10* sword values from crafting that too (thats not subtle at all)

Wait wait wait, didn't they show a reduced sabarta charge time in the trailer?

Wow what the fuck Sega.

oh, im not that far in yet, at first you can only craft normal/gi/ra techniques
if you can do that then im all aboard this

gigawuts
Jan 15, 2014, 12:36 PM
anything thats "power +XX%" just adds it to the base power though unfortunatelyThis is really disappointing.

some of the charge time reductions loked nice but thats it

call me back when i can reduce sabartas charge time

Wait wait wait, didn't they show a reduced sabarta charge time in the trailer?

Wow what the fuck Sega.

Saffran
Jan 15, 2014, 12:41 PM
The point of crafting is to get you get you "so-so" equipment while you're looking for real, proper gear.
You see the lowlevel 10 stars we have in the Matterboard? They're really weak, but thanks to the extend system, they can be improved.
As for units, buy a complete unit set for 4500 mst in the shop, extend it, and it'll be as powerful as a 10 star unit. It won't have much in the way of useful perks, but the values will be there.

Unfortunately for me and for Sega, I already have proper gear. I can steer away from crafting altogether. See you in July for the next big update...

Ceresa
Jan 15, 2014, 12:45 PM
PP-10 on Sazan, small demerit to damage, (-20 out of like 580 lol)

PP-10 on Foie, demerit to range (but SH is all in your face and it had a huge range to begin with...)

Charge Time -.40 to Nafoie, cause fuck it, let's make it even faster.

Faster Megid Travel time, Gimegid had a charge time, PP reduction on Gibarta, some really great stuff in there, for the already good techs of course. Shit techs like Sabarta got trash like AE range, one of its recipes even had a charge time demerit...

You can browse all the recipes at the visiphone when searching for a crafter capable of making them.

HIT0SHI
Jan 15, 2014, 12:46 PM
Just to clarify, I need to have a high EX lv before i craft 7* and up stuff to make the most of it due to not being able to craft/extended the same item multiple times?
And if so, i should REALLY start at lv 10 EX?

Bump . _.

To add to this, each weapon with an especific rarerity gets a degsignated base stats?

Ratazana
Jan 15, 2014, 01:24 PM
@hitoshi

1. No.
2. You can extend multiple times to the same level or 1 higher. You cannot go back a level.
3. No.
4. Attack is defined by extend level and weapon category.

angrysquid
Jan 15, 2014, 01:27 PM
Sooooo is that dex issue by mistake or design o_o

HIT0SHI
Jan 15, 2014, 01:29 PM
@Ratazana

Thanks! My question got buried 3 pages back ; w;

gigawuts
Jan 15, 2014, 01:34 PM
Sooooo is that dex issue by mistake or design o_o

If we knew that there would probably be a lot less anger and a lot more laughter.

MetalDude
Jan 15, 2014, 02:10 PM
Technic customization is rather nice. Hit and miss on a few things, but not bad. S/D and Resta having recipes for faster Cast Intervals (the ticks) feels tremendously helpful even if it's a higher PP cost.

Arksenth
Jan 15, 2014, 02:14 PM
I didn't get a chance to look at the technic recipes before the server went kaput. Is there a list posted somewhere? Not finding one on swiki.

Ratazana
Jan 15, 2014, 02:23 PM
Some stuff is useful but don't worry. It takes a lot of tries to get perfect merit/demerit. Only the rich forces will be able to afford it! The plebs will have to contend with a small boost.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 15, 2014, 02:26 PM
Well I've just read over a dozen pages to catch up.

So the general rule of thumb right now is if you have among the best gear in the game (SHlvl/XQ units, and SHlvl weapons) don't ever bother crafting (even if the hidden dex modifier going away on rare weapons is happening, and unintended)?

More on the details of unit extension; I really can't do something as simple as changing the hidden stats on an equestrio XQ unit from blow resist, 20hp, 3pp to blow resist, 30 hp, 2pp along with rearranging the DEF stat spread to favor S def? Do I really lose those hp, pp, and hidden resistances altogether?

Arksenth
Jan 15, 2014, 02:28 PM
Well I've just read over a dozen pages to catch up.

So the general rule of thumb right now is if you have among the best gear in the game (SHlvl/XQ units, and SHlvl weapons) don't ever bother crafting (even if the hidden dex modifier going away on rare weapons is happening, and unintended)?

More on the details of unit extension; I really can't do something as simple as changing the hidden stats on an equestrio XQ unit from blow resist, 20hp, 3pp to blow resist, 30 hp, 2pp along with rearranging the DEF stat spread to favor S def? Do I really lose those hp, pp, and hidden resistances altogether?

Assuming the hidden dex modifiers are going away, some of the lower-tier stuff is worth crafting even against top-tier items because their latents will make them superior to the top-tier stuff. But considering that crafting currently seems to wipe unit hidden stats (I don't know if that changes at higher extend levels or recipes), it feels like the dex modifier wipe is intentional.

jooozek
Jan 15, 2014, 02:28 PM
you can't work on 11* stuff

MetalDude
Jan 15, 2014, 02:29 PM
Looking over the past 10 pages, I wouldn't even touch 10*'s with it at all. I'd say it's mostly for people on a really tight budget or without premium to build up 7-9* because that hidden DEX modifier loss is painful.

As for units, yeah. Anything tied to that individual unit is removed unless added through a Great Success.

milranduil
Jan 15, 2014, 02:30 PM

I thought it was up to 10* weps, but 11* units?

Arksenth
Jan 15, 2014, 02:32 PM
11* units can be crafted.

Well, look at it this way. At least we have Tech Crafting to actually use and improve gameplay at end-game!

Assuming you're rich and have hundreds of millions of meseta to throw at the system. :wacko:

Which I am so no complaints. OHOHOHOHOHOHO poor people.

gigawuts
Jan 15, 2014, 02:32 PM

Correct, because all units grind exactly the same way so they're considered part of the game category for unit extending.

This means that the only really unique thing about units would be their set bonus.

jooozek
Jan 15, 2014, 02:33 PM

my bad in that case

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 15, 2014, 02:35 PM

Was it not mentioned numerous times that 11* units could be extended?

Looking over the past 10 pages, I wouldn't even touch 10*'s with it at all. I'd say it's mostly for people on a really tight budget or without premium to build up 7-9* because that hidden DEX modifier loss is painful.

As for units, yeah. Anything tied to that individual unit is removed unless added through a Great Success.

Well then. If I wanted to gain power, I'd sooner kill dragons for a susanoguren. Not to mention I have a serious disdain against flushing millions into anything with no resale value unless it's the best of its kind...

So in my case, crafting is only there to make me money off of people who want materials, huh?

moeri
Jan 15, 2014, 02:38 PM
So, didn't see this anywhere, but does this change weapon requirement stats? For example I want to use "Frigiand" (Vraolet Zero would be fine too) but can't meet its r-atk requirement.

I only would want them for their spirit collector latent (as a Fo)

btw-Niji
Jan 15, 2014, 02:39 PM
So, can anyone give me a tl;dr here? I just woke up like 1 hour ago and there's too much to read in this thread lol.

*I already have very good gear for RA and FI; should I bother with crafting for upgrades? From what I'm reading, crafting is just a system for welfare gear.

*Is multiclassing Lambda Kalcizma (sp?) for HU/BR worth it?

*How hard will it be to just use this system to multi/allclass daggers that don't cause fps problem?

Thanks.

MetalDude
Jan 15, 2014, 02:40 PM
Assuming you're rich and have hundreds of millions of meseta to throw at the system. :wacko:

Which I am so no complaints. OHOHOHOHOHOHO poor people.

But technic customization isn't even that expensive. .-.

Saffran
Jan 15, 2014, 02:42 PM
BTW-Niji > No, no, and trivial.

Arksenth
Jan 15, 2014, 02:43 PM
But technic customization isn't even that expensive. .-.

Maybe if you were only interested in less-than-perfect results with no 20% synthesis boosts it wouldn't be expensive.

But we all know the sole purpose of this game is optimization oneupsmanship so!

martinmeegan
Jan 15, 2014, 02:49 PM

Is it? I guess I'm playing for the wrong reasons then.

Arksenth
Jan 15, 2014, 02:53 PM
Is it? I guess I'm playing for the wrong reasons then.

OR MAYBE YOU'VE JUST ESCAPED THIS CYCLE OF PSOW HELL.

sob

take me with you

clinging to your heels

Ratazana
Jan 15, 2014, 02:53 PM
Maybe if you were only interested in less-than-perfect results with no 20% synthesis boosts it wouldn't be expensive.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://1.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/22/11/731f76dd05eee09c04f5b8365f13770c-top-gun-high-five.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]

martinmeegan
Jan 15, 2014, 02:57 PM
OR MAYBE YOU'VE JUST ESCAPED THIS CYCLE OF PSOW HELL.

sob

take me with you

clinging to your heels

lol, it happens when you get older. Once you hit my age everything goes to shit. ;-)

Iluminaye
Jan 15, 2014, 02:58 PM
alrighty, go here "http://bumped.org/psublog/category/phantasy-star-online-2/"
scroll down till you find the Crafting, there you go, explains A LOT!
and there are 3 slots for regular users, 3 extra slots for premium users and 3 extra slots to buy with AC. there's going to be a new use for FUN, to buy the room items that you saw in the videos, mostly costing from 2000 and up 5000 FUN.

They are also saying that no one can fail these, they either succeed or greatly succeed, awesome right?!

and ALSO 10* weps, units etc. may become weaker if they are top of the line, they can become stronger, but up to your own risk to do so!

we will be getting 500FUN ticket, 250% rare boost and 1 100% triboost for compensation for this emergency maintenance.

Don't be too happy over this because of the fact that 10* weapons and units can become weaker!

So seek your upgrading and crafting wisely my friends!

Arksenth
Jan 15, 2014, 03:04 PM
lol, it happens when you get older. Once you hit my age everything goes to shit. ;-)

yes but by then you get to hang around and smooch hot dads without it being exceedingly creepy so i think it balances out

martinmeegan
Jan 15, 2014, 03:12 PM
yes but by then you get to hang around and smooch hot dads without it being exceedingly creepy so i think it balances out

No, just no......hot dads.....just, no, urgghhhhh! I mean if you are that way inclined then more power to you but ewwwwwwwww!

Back on topic please........ewwwww!

pkemr4
Jan 15, 2014, 03:23 PM
whats the cap for R-ATK for TMG's? i might extend my yas9k to 994+ if possible

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 15, 2014, 03:23 PM
This topic is now about smooching hot dads

Arksenth
Jan 15, 2014, 03:24 PM
This topic is now about smooching hot dads

okay

i like smooching hot dads

no complaints about that

Sandmind
Jan 15, 2014, 03:27 PM
Took a look at the jp wiki, the satellite riser (http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=fr&rurl=translate.google.ca&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php%3F%25E3%2582%25B5%25E3%2583%2586%25E3%25 83%25A9%25E3%2582%25A4%25E3%2583%2588%25E3%2583%25 A9%25E3%2582%25A4%25E3%2582%25B6%25E3%2583%25BC&usg=ALkJrhiXTlCMCwWMt7WogRauf31-0hnqOQ) was finally given a potential. Good potential, until random other FO refuse to stop spamming zonde when zondeel gathering would be more helpfull (never stopped them before ofc).

Also, the Liberation (http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=fr&rurl=translate.google.ca&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php%3F%25E3%2583%25AA%25E3%2583%2599%25E3%25 83%25A9%25E3%2582%25B7%25E3%2582%25AA%25E3%2583%25 B3&usg=ALkJrhgFOFGqvaZ9HYXybaOFIeINyQ0GhA) is getting crazy heart as potential. Guess I will unlock lv1 on mine for when leveling my other sub class.

Gunslash wise, saw Nero Para sole (http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=fr&rurl=translate.google.ca&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php%3F%25E3%2583%258D%25E3%2583%25BC%25E3%25 83%25AD%25E3%2583%2591%25E3%2583%25A9%25E3%2582%25 BD%25E3%2583%25BC%25E3%2583%25AC&usg=ALkJrhjRqylCO1GXARq4jkZFpliO1zNgSQ) right at the top with pp atk restore potential. Fuck yeah. Still got two in my bank.

Edit: Vanilla jp wiki link in case something goes wrong.
Satellite Riser (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%B5%E3%83%86%E3%83%A9%E3%82%A4%E3% 83%88%E3%83%A9%E3%82%A4%E3%82%B6%E3%83%BC)
Liberacion (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%AA%E3%83%99%E3%83%A9%E3%82%B7%E3% 82%AA%E3%83%B3)
Nero Parasol (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%8D%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AD%E3%83%91%E3% 83%A9%E3%82%BD%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AC)

pkemr4
Jan 15, 2014, 03:33 PM
Took a look at the jp wiki, the satellite riser (http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=fr&rurl=translate.google.ca&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php%3F%25E3%2582%25B5%25E3%2583%2586%25E3%25 83%25A9%25E3%2582%25A4%25E3%2583%2588%25E3%2583%25 A9%25E3%2582%25A4%25E3%2582%25B6%25E3%2583%25BC&usg=ALkJrhiXTlCMCwWMt7WogRauf31-0hnqOQ) was finally given a potential. Good potential, until random other FO refuse to stop spamming zonde when zondeel gathering would be more helpfull (never stopped them before ofc).

Also, the Liberation (http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=fr&rurl=translate.google.ca&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php%3F%25E3%2583%25AA%25E3%2583%2599%25E3%25 83%25A9%25E3%2582%25B7%25E3%2582%25AA%25E3%2583%25 B3&usg=ALkJrhgFOFGqvaZ9HYXybaOFIeINyQ0GhA) is getting crazy heart as potential. Guess I will unlock lv1 on mine for when leveling my other sub class.

Gunslash wise, saw Nero Para sole (http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=fr&rurl=translate.google.ca&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php%3F%25E3%2583%258D%25E3%2583%25BC%25E3%25 83%25AD%25E3%2583%2591%25E3%2583%25A9%25E3%2582%25 BD%25E3%2583%25BC%25E3%2583%25AC&usg=ALkJrhjRqylCO1GXARq4jkZFpliO1zNgSQ) right at the top with pp atk restore potential. Fuck yeah. Still got two in my bank.

would help if it was in english

The Walrus
Jan 15, 2014, 03:37 PM
Change it to english then.

Sandmind
Jan 15, 2014, 03:39 PM

It doesn't? Weird, I double checked before posting and they show up as english translated, let me fix that real quick then.

Edit: Does it show in french by any chance? I'm french, so google insist on giving me that before I change it to english right away.

btw-Niji
Jan 15, 2014, 03:41 PM
lol, those links are to google translate.

edit: Sandmind, your links are fine. They show in English for me.

HBK666
Jan 15, 2014, 03:46 PM
lol, those links are to google translate.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Arksenth
Jan 15, 2014, 03:46 PM
Oh, looks like Evil Curst got a Demonic Smile latent. So now Wand has the full suite of elemental latents, not bad.

Not a fan of Satellite Riser's Thunder Crystal latent. Prepare for detonated Zondeels everywhere. At least I'll be able to pre-emptively identify the liable trash FOs ahead of time based on their weapon choice.

Rakurai
Jan 15, 2014, 03:58 PM
Now I feel stupid for not picking up those dozens of Yasminkov 2000Hs that dropped in the past.

Somehow, I doubt it's going to be worth maxing out a 9K vs. one of those, considering how much easier/cheaper the latter to max out, coupled with the fact that their attack stats are identical at max extend. The only thing that might matter is the hidden dex bonus.

pkemr4
Jan 15, 2014, 03:58 PM
the fuck is a hidden dex bonus...?

Sandmind
Jan 15, 2014, 04:01 PM
Oh, looks like Evil Curst got a Demonic Smile latent. So now Wand has the full suite of elemental latents, not bad.

Not a fan of Satellite Riser's Thunder Crystal latent. Prepare for detonated Zondeels everywhere. At least I'll be able to pre-emptively identify the liable trash FOs ahead of time based on their weapon choice.

Didn't saw the evil curst earlier, but that is nice.

Also, the 9* variant of the nero parasole (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%93%E3%82%A2%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B3%E3% 83%91%E3%83%A9%E3%82%BD%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AC) got the pp atk restore potential also. It was only advaible during the frog rappy time before summer though.

IndigoNovember
Jan 15, 2014, 04:03 PM

All rare weapons add to your Dex stat, but you don't see the increase on your screen.

Walkure
Jan 15, 2014, 04:07 PM
From outer haven wiki (http://ohpso2.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_Formula) with source attached:
"Rare weapons (except for red weapons) give 25% of their unaffixed attack power as dexterity when calculating attacks you make. Red weapons give -30 dexterity.[1] (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As-i_p2T9BT_dGI2YkhTMmFNU25BNHBvbmxXVzBfaVE#gid=18)"

A crafted Y2k should be the same as a crafted Y9k, aside from Rare Mastery (if that still applies to 10* crafted). If the dexterity bonus was supposed to be removed during crafting, then I'm not sure if either could outperform a vanilla Y9k for average damage.

Sacrificial
Jan 15, 2014, 04:14 PM
ive been playing around with crafting spare 11* units( thought it would look cool on advertising), anyway to check if the hiden strike/range resist gets removed too?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 15, 2014, 04:16 PM
ive been playing around with crafting spare 11* units( thought it would look cool on advertising), anyway to check if the hiden strike/range resist gets removed too?

Apparently so, as earlier posts have mentioned. Their form of presence isn't any different from hidden bonus HP and PP, so It would be implied that they'll be subjected to similar treatment as HP and PP boosts...

MetalDude
Jan 15, 2014, 04:16 PM
I don't think it's been completely confirmed through data testing, but it's conjecture based off of how weapons are overwritten with Extends so it's probably safe to say it applies to units as well.

gigawuts
Jan 15, 2014, 04:18 PM
From outer haven wiki (http://ohpso2.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_Formula) with source attached:
"Rare weapons (except for red weapons) give 25% of their unaffixed attack power as dexterity when calculating attacks you make. Red weapons give -30 dexterity.[1] (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As-i_p2T9BT_dGI2YkhTMmFNU25BNHBvbmxXVzBfaVE#gid=18)"

I've read it as being rare weapons granting a 120% bonus to all your combined dex, then red weapons being -50.

Of course, I don't know which is right, just mentioning it anyway.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 15, 2014, 04:22 PM
I've read it as being rare weapons granting a 120% bonus to all your combined dex, then red weapons being -50.

We can all agree that the dex boost is a large factor in weapons being useful.

After all, a lambda aristin with 30 light, and the same affixes as a red sword with 50 light consistently puts out more damage than the latter despite element, and atk advantage. This was an old test I've done long ago.

sesiom000
Jan 15, 2014, 04:33 PM
hey guys i wanted to ask if someone knows if i should extend every lvl with great suceed and it will eventual be better at lvl4 EX or if i should wait til lvl EX 4 and try to great suceed there?

Sandmind
Jan 15, 2014, 04:36 PM
hey guys i wanted to ask if someone knows if i should extend every lvl with great suceed and it will eventual be better at lvl4 EX or if i should wait til lvl EX 4 and try to great suceed there?

Since a new EX lv wipe out the previous EX lv great success, it would be safe to assume you can wait until the EX lv you wanted before trying for great success.

sesiom000
Jan 15, 2014, 04:38 PM
Since a new EX lv wipe out the previous EX lv great success, it would be safe to assume you can wait until the EX lv you wanted before trying for great success.

are u really sure about that?

Arkanoid
Jan 15, 2014, 04:38 PM
So, with the server back up and nothing mentioned about it, I'm going to assume that the loss of the dex modifier when crafting 10 stars is indeed still there and not considered a bug?

I was just thinking that at least I could still make some use of powering up existing all-class weapons and have a good knuckle on hunter made from the 7 star... but then I just read through things again and realized that a weapon loses it's all class status when crafted.. yay! But it is possible to get the ability for another class to use it by crafting again and greatly succeeding.

I haven't done any of this yet so I'm not sure if this question makes any sense but, let's say I crafted a weapon to max s-atk but it isn't useable by other classes... now I can craft it again and if it greatly succeeds I can potentially get another class right? So I can keep trying until it maybe does what I actually want? (fun).
What other abilities can get added besides multi-class anyway?

Sandmind
Jan 15, 2014, 04:46 PM
are u really sure about that?
No, but this is what I readed a while ago.

(...)
What other abilities can get added besides multi-class anyway?

I think it's mostly only multi class. The one you get is random, but someone posted a screenshot of a talis being both HU and FI useable, so more than 1 extra class is possible.

gigawuts
Jan 15, 2014, 04:51 PM
By the by, I spotted these icons
[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/6mcC1.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
in this image
[SPOILER-BOX]http://imageshack.com/a/img194/194/ornc.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

I'm curious if those item icons with class icons will be items added to guarantee or boost the odds of specific multiclass assignments. Note that only HU, RA, FO, and BR are there, not FI, GU, or TE. It's got me wondering if maybe it's a group assignment - so the HU one is for both HU and FI, etc.

Neith
Jan 15, 2014, 04:51 PM
Sorry if I've missed it (don't fancy reading 90+ pages) but how do you unlock slot 2 and 3 for crafting?

pkemr4
Jan 15, 2014, 04:52 PM
so since the hidden dex modifer is gone. this system is trash even for older 10*'s?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 15, 2014, 05:02 PM
By the by, I spotted these icons
[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/6mcC1.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
in this image
[SPOILER-BOX]http://imageshack.com/a/img194/194/ornc.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

I'm curious if those item icons with class icons will be items added to guarantee or boost the odds of specific multiclass assignments. Note that only HU, RA, FO, and BR are there, not FI, GU, or TE. It's got me wondering if maybe it's a group assignment - so the HU one is for both HU and FI, etc.

http://www.itshappeningnews.com/img/1388244719973.gif

Eventually... maybe... for 1k AC... per...

IndigoNovember
Jan 15, 2014, 05:03 PM
Sorry if I've missed it (don't fancy reading 90+ pages) but how do you unlock slot 2 and 3 for crafting?

I believe you have to reach Crafting level 5 and 15.

Sanguine2009
Jan 15, 2014, 05:05 PM
i'm not sure if this was mentioned but extended units DO have hp/pp values innate to the crafted recipe, so its not like they lose it entirely (my ex lv1 has 30hp and 1pp each) and it seems to still gain the set bonus as well

Arksenth
Jan 15, 2014, 05:07 PM
Since I'm still stuck at work, how is the market doing for crafting materials and for raw 7*+ items for desynthing? I figure that now the details are released and they suck I might just sell my raw material collection instead.

Shinamori
Jan 15, 2014, 05:09 PM
7-9* are about 20k+.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 15, 2014, 05:12 PM
i'm not sure if this was mentioned but extended units DO have hp/pp values innate to the crafted recipe, so its not like they lose it entirely (my ex lv1 has 30hp and 1pp each) and it seems to still gain the set bonus as well

That's reassuring assuming that was in fact from the recipe. Set bonuses continuing to work was a pretty safe assumption... still going to wait for more info/screw around with trash.

Might be a while before there's confirmation of blow/range/tech resistances also built in unit extension crafts.

Arksenth
Jan 15, 2014, 05:13 PM
Yay for inflation then. Is it generally more profitable to desynth items and sell the mats, or just sell the items directly?

Ratazana
Jan 15, 2014, 05:14 PM
Crashed. I made about 30m buying trash rares and selling rare mats but it's no longer profitable (ship 1).

You get rares mats with a great success on desynth so RNG.

Shinamori
Jan 15, 2014, 05:17 PM
Dunno at this point. Red Weapon are 80k+. 7-9* are 20k+, however, I don't think we'll see 7-9* weapon/unit drop to 1k.

Arksenth
Jan 15, 2014, 05:17 PM
Too bad I missed the bubble then. Meh, at best it would have been a few dozen million given the time frame, and that's chump change.

I can probably still make a tidy sum from my stored items brought from 1k though.

gigawuts
Jan 15, 2014, 05:20 PM
All them nafoie 16s I've had stored up.

That was a quick and clean 4m right there.

Currently desynthing about 100 10*s, might buy another 30 with stored passes because why the F not.

landman
Jan 15, 2014, 05:26 PM
The tech PA fragments or whatever they are called seem to be the only ones not dropping in price. Good thing I am leveling a DEX MAG and had plenty of discs stored :P

Rayden
Jan 15, 2014, 05:28 PM
Does extend level affect the crafting exp you get? To level up my crafting skill, is it better to go for higher extensions, or just do level one extensions on different weapons?

Does a weapon extension level vary in power between success and great success? Like, should I try to get a great success before moving on to the next level, or just get regular successes and hurry through and only try for a great success on the final extension?

What are the benefits of having the crafting room decorations?

Rakurai
Jan 15, 2014, 05:32 PM
I'm going to miss the Christmas EQ, seeing as it was a massive source of tech discs.

The ranged and striking PA discs can still be obtained in droves from the Darker's Den EQ, but now there isn't any good source of tech discs, sadly.

Does extend level affect the crafting exp you get? To level up my crafting skill, is it better to go for higher extensions, or just do level one extensions on different weapons?

You don't get EXP from crafting. You level by gaining achievements, which can be viewed at the visiphone.

Does a weapon extension level vary in power between success and great success? Like, should I try to get a great success before moving on to the next level, or just get regular successes and hurry through and only try for a great success on the final extension?

No. A great success only influences what classes can use the weapon and how high its stat requirements are.

What are the benefits of having the crafting room decorations?

They reduce the crafting cooldowns. The level 2 machines look to be about 5% reduction or so.

Walkure
Jan 15, 2014, 06:17 PM

An easy way to test either would be to use minimum and maximum damage on a non-rare to find a mobs DEF and DEX, and then find and record min/max damage on a rare, and finding which model gets the same mob DEX.

I've only done testing with crits, since the big blue numbers are unmistakable and consistent. I trust the wiki a little bit more since it has a source, but it's not like I can't run around zapping nap rappies for a half hour or so to confirm.

so since the hidden dex modifer is gone. this system is trash even for older 10*'s?Short Answer: Probably. Unless you got an extremely good latent, or a DEX mag.

Long answer:
[SPOILER-BOX]IF:

Average damage can be estimated with the midpoint of minimum and maximum damage
DEX follows the model I stated earlier.
Neither minimum nor maximum damage are floored at 1. Reasonable assumption for almost all situations~

While we're at it, let's neglect critical hits for now, too. Using most of the terms from Outer Haven wiki, aside from delta DEX which I'll explain later.

http://i.imgur.com/g1Qqocb.png

So, for average non-critical damage, when dex is uncapped it should be equivalent to ATK.

The DEX cap states that the difference between DEX can only contribute as much as 90% of your weapon's attack would, for minimum damage, such that:

http://i.imgur.com/SHKmqSZ.png

And, for calculating mob DEX, I admit I haven't formally tested for that. Can do that later. However, I have found that Forest Exploration SH mobs have ~253 TDEF from zapping them a couple times with charged techs. It wouldn't be a terrible assumption that they have similar DEX.

So, for a W of 900, a mob DEX of 250, saturation DEX would be:

655, if there's no DEX bonus on your weapon
430, if your weapon is a rare, but not a red weapon.
685, if your weapon is a red weapon.

With no DEX investment, whatsoever, most people are at or around that cap just by being 65/65 with a rare. And people typically don't invest more than that, so they're probably just barely underneath dex saturation on most weapons. So, for average damage, losing that bonus dex of 225 would be roughly the same as losing that amount in attack, for average damage.

With a full DEX mag, there's still a hit, but not quite as bad. So, hybrid bravers with a Braver Mag would take a much smaller penalty. Hell, if they had Rare Master Braver and Ability affixes on their units, they'll be close enough to saturation that they might not notice the hit!
[/SPOILER-BOX]

GALEFORCE
Jan 15, 2014, 06:33 PM
So lemme see if I got this right.

If I want to multiclass a weapon, I need to spend ~1.5mil on 8 AC items, hope the 20%+0.000001% chance of great success happens, then hope I get the class that I want (1/6=~16%)? Or does multiclass add more than one class at a time?

HBK666
Jan 15, 2014, 06:35 PM
So lemme see if I got this right.

If I want to multiclass a weapon, I need to spend ~1.5mil on 8 AC items, hope the 20%+0.000001% chance of great success happens, then hope I get the class that I want (1/6=~16%)? Or does multiclass add more than one class at a time?

This is what i want to know myself..

http://www.ultraimg.com/images/DS8fy.gif

Walkure
Jan 15, 2014, 06:37 PM
I would really hope that multiclass doesn't include classes that can already equip it. Imagine rolling for multiclassing some twin daggers, then getting a multiclass to... fighter.

GALEFORCE
Jan 15, 2014, 06:39 PM
I got a great success on my wing spada lv3.. and the only class that can equip it is hunter. I don't know if it actually rolled hunter for multiclass or if the great success did something else.

Walkure
Jan 15, 2014, 06:40 PM
Oh god, if that can actually happen...

Atmius
Jan 15, 2014, 06:41 PM
Great success can also reduce weapon equip requirements, so it was likely that. Further, when you craft it, the portion that is greatly successful is highlighted in yellow.

TaigaUC
Jan 15, 2014, 06:42 PM
They should rename Extend to Overwrite because it certainly isn't extending based on original stats.
It just overwrites with a pre-defined generic template. Lazy.

Sacrificial
Jan 15, 2014, 06:45 PM
Funny thing. a gunslash stays all class

pkemr4
Jan 15, 2014, 06:45 PM
They should rename Extend to Overwrite because it certainly isn't extending based on original stats.
It just overwrites with a pre-defined generic template. Lazy.

only thing its good for is making 7-9*'s camparable to 10*'s

TaigaUC
Jan 15, 2014, 06:48 PM
Is it worth "Extending" units in general?
What kind of results do we end up with by Lv4?

GALEFORCE
Jan 15, 2014, 06:54 PM
Yeah, the wing spada had a lower equip requirement. So I guess you have at most a 1/7 chance of getting the secondary class you want, on top of actually getting the great success.

landman
Jan 15, 2014, 06:58 PM
How do you allow your friends to send crafting requests? I suppose it is the board settings options but too many untranslated options there...

EDIT: btw, checking crafter at the visiphone... oh god, namegid +100% - +600%, even if it suck all my PP in one cast that's insane!

Walkure
Jan 15, 2014, 07:25 PM
EDIT: btw, checking crafter at the visiphone... oh god, namegid +100% - +600%, even if it suck all my PP in one cast that's insane!Apparently Tech bonuses are additive to the initial base power rather than multiplicative. So that is adding 100 - 600 to the 6478 base value. Not quite as impressive, though still useful for breaking max damage records.

Rakurai
Jan 15, 2014, 07:26 PM
I think from a pure DPS standpoint, none of Na Megid customizations are actually worth it. At the very best, you're adding about 10% more damage for 25% more PP cost. Giving it a noticeable AoE range could be useful at times, though.

For customizations in general, the ones I'm using are the ones reduce PP cost or reduce the status infliction rate for some other benefit.

Is it worth "Extending" units in general?
What kind of results do we end up with by Lv4?

Extend level 4 units have 210 S-DEF, and 190ish in the other defenses. Don't know if there's any HP/PP boosts or hidden damage resistance, though.

landman
Jan 15, 2014, 07:40 PM
Apparently Tech bonuses are additive to the initial base power rather than multiplicative. So that is adding 100 - 600 to the 6478 base value. Not quite as impressive, though still useful for breaking max damage records.
Talk about misleading then, some coder does not understand what the % means xd

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 15, 2014, 07:46 PM
So...from what im seeing......I SHOULDN'T attempt to extend my +10 y9k due to dex modifier going away? Thus making it weaker then what it was before?

my dream of a better y9k has been shattered
*sadness* lol

btw-Niji
Jan 15, 2014, 07:49 PM
I haven't done any crafting yet-- I really haven't had time, but is this system worth it if you already have highend gear?

Only thing I truly want to do is multiclass daggers so my br and ra can ditch eight ounce + dagger camo forever. Nishiki & Reaping suck so much for nonfi dashing.

Geistritter
Jan 15, 2014, 07:58 PM
So...from what im seeing......I SHOULDN'T attempt to extend my +10 y9k due to dex modifier going away? Thus making it weaker then what it was before?

my dream of a better y9k has been shattered
*sadness* lol

You've got it.

This is assuming, of course, you don't have a ton of Dex on your mag. You could get away with it if so, but even then the best you could more than likely hope for is to do as much damage as you did before you even messed with it.

In other words, don't bother, at least until higher level recipes come out; perhaps that could justify the effort.

As it stands, one of the few practical benefits this new system has for high level players is to allow them to level lower classes easily by multi-classing a good weapon and allowing the class to play like one they're more experienced and geared with. A Hunter/Gunner with a multi-class Machinegun would play identically to a Gunner/Hunter, for example; it would just be a bit weaker. So, if you're a lazy bastard and don't feel like gearing the class, or hate the way Hunter plays but need it for that sweet, sweet brokenness as a subclass, that's an option to make your life easier.

Original_DFO
Jan 15, 2014, 07:59 PM
So wait 10* weapons lose their hiden dex bonus? :O

That sounds like a very bad trade off. Is that for 10* weapons only or 9* aswell?

This crafting system doesnt sound very hot unless you wanna use 7* weapons.

Also, can 10 units have WORSE stats if I get a "success" and not a "great success"?

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 15, 2014, 08:04 PM
You've got it.

This is assuming, of course, you don't have a ton of Dex on your mag. You could get away with it if so, but even then the best you could more than likely hope for is to do as much damage as you did before you even messed with it.

In other words, don't bother, at least until higher level recipes come out; perhaps that could justify the effort.

As it stands, one of the few practical benefits this new system has for high level players is to allow them to lower level classes easily by multi-classing a good weapon and allowing the class to play like one they're more experienced and geared with. A Hunter/Gunner with a multi-class Machinegun would play identically to a Gunner/Hunter, for example; it would just be a bit weaker. So, if you're a lazy bastard and don't feel like gearing the class, or hate the way Hunter plays but need it for that sweet, sweet brokenness as a subclass, that's an option to make your life easier.

yea dex is only 40 on my current mag...
aww that makes me sad haha....

Does this hidden dex modifier go away on stuff lower then 10*s?

Geistritter
Jan 15, 2014, 08:04 PM
All rares lose their Dex bonus.

The Dex bonus that isn't mentioned anywhere in the game and isn't on the item card, nor is mentioned as a potential loss because the game doesn't acknowledge that it exists.

Arksenth
Jan 15, 2014, 08:06 PM
I haven't done any crafting yet-- I really haven't had time, but is this system worth it if you already have highend gear?

Only thing I truly want to do is multiclass daggers so my br and ra can ditch eight ounce + dagger camo forever. Nishiki & Reaping suck so much for nonfi dashing.

I'll be using Nishiki forever just to watch the militant FPS whiners scream. :wacko:

Geistritter
Jan 15, 2014, 08:08 PM
That's definitely a worthy aim.

Original_DFO
Jan 15, 2014, 08:08 PM
I'll be using Nishiki forever just to watch the militant FPS whiners scream. :wacko:

That just sounds rude. Especially since most good JP players have theirs camoed or use something else because its really rude to make everyone's FPS drop like that.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 15, 2014, 08:09 PM
hmmm i see....which means....must make 1-3* Katana for HU!!!!! lol jk

Geistritter
Jan 15, 2014, 08:13 PM
hmmm i see....which means....must make 1-3* Katana for HU!!!!! lol jk

The sad thing is that this new system encourages exactly that. There were enough people running around with miserably outdated gear to begin with; now they're going to unknowingly make their outdated gear anywhere from worse to about as good as it was before, while thinking they've made it better, because they've been given no reason on paper to think otherwise, while other people are going to bring bad gear to that level, thinking it's on par with the misconceived strength of the people who broke their stuff.

In other words, they really screwed the pooch on this one. You shouldn't need to view internet discussion to learn the basic mechanics of a new gameplay feature.

btw-Niji
Jan 15, 2014, 08:18 PM
That just sounds rude. Especially since most good JP players have theirs camoed or use something else because its really rude to make everyone's FPS drop like that.
Ignore him. He's just some wannabe troll. He'll eventually go back to his usual attitude of how we're all poor and lazy because we don't have inifinite 100m+ stacks of meseta like he does.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 15, 2014, 08:19 PM
true true haha
So what.... 1-6* crafted multiclass > normal multiclass weapons?
Damage wise

HBK666
Jan 15, 2014, 08:24 PM

Is that all you say on here?

GALEFORCE
Jan 15, 2014, 08:25 PM
Let's just say a Daisy Chain is still much better than anything you can craft. Multiclass crafting is nearly impossible to achieve from what I can gather anyways.

Has anyone actually unlocked the other two free crafting slots? I have no idea how to increase my crafting level.

Fleur
Jan 15, 2014, 08:34 PM
Let's just say a Daisy Chain is still much better than anything you can craft. Multiclass crafting is nearly impossible to achieve from what I can gather anyways.

Has anyone actually unlocked the other two free crafting slots? I have no idea how to increase my crafting level.

Levels are based off how many title/achievement things you have unlocked. It's one of the options at visiphone.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 15, 2014, 08:41 PM
So if i want to level craft .....i should just grab like 1* and just keep doing it?

TaigaUC
Jan 15, 2014, 08:49 PM
So nobody's bothering to "Extend" units?

You shouldn't need to view internet discussion to learn the basic mechanics of a new gameplay feature.

PSO2 in a nutshell. Not to mention a lot of f'n games nowadays.

Yes. I tried a 2000H at EX lv3 for a bit and I think it feels weaker.
May change because a lot of people are unhappy about the suckage.

Lamiaaaa
Jan 15, 2014, 08:50 PM
one thing I noticed is that when I used it on a gloam rain (http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/weapon_08.php#10*), it reset its R-DEF requirement and it changed to 380 R-ATK

it's likely other weapons that read different stats from its base type do the same after extension

cheapgunner
Jan 15, 2014, 08:56 PM
I have about crafting technics. If you craft a technic that your char has already learned on them, the new technic that is produced can be learned by the character and as the extend levels for it increase, I can attempt a beter boosted technic pa each and every time correct?

HBK666
Jan 15, 2014, 08:56 PM
This crafting seems to be useless. LOL

yoshiblue
Jan 15, 2014, 08:57 PM
Aw yeahs, epic gunslashes to be had. A shame weapons lose all class status. I'm very tempted to boost the burning ranger mech guns. "But what about that lame latent, Yoshi?" NO CARE IN THE WORLD!

Railkune
Jan 15, 2014, 08:59 PM
Yeah... I'll be honest. At face crafting seemed to be worth the effort, even if a little. But now, I don't know how much I'm into it anymore.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 15, 2014, 09:01 PM
it's not worth it unless the item your crafting has the potential and you don't already have a 10star that outclasses it

Geistritter
Jan 15, 2014, 09:07 PM
So nobody's bothering to "Extend" units?

Well, I'm doing it solely to level my crafting, but that in itself isn't going to help answer your questions until I just happen to get stuff to a high Reduce (should we call it that now?) level as a matter of consequence.

But yeah, to be clear, crafting by itself doesn't raise your crafting level; you have to do certain things that unlock achievements, which serve as "experience points" until the next level. For example, you can get one achievement by Extending a 10 star unit with a Striking focus. That's good for half a level early on.

In general, the best way to level your crafting is to Extend as many different types of things in as many different types of categories as possible, including things you may not care about. Along the way, you'll receive little perks for every level you achieve, such as additional crafting slots (the first is at level 5, for example), reduced cooldown between crafting, and (very slightly) better side effects, like the chance to get a Great Success, or a lower equip requirement.

WildarmsRE5
Jan 15, 2014, 09:09 PM
*Exlvl 5 rescue Gun*

Die *Sprays water* DIIIIIEEEEE!!!

*torrent of water kills enemies*

Geistritter
Jan 15, 2014, 09:10 PM
Aw yeahs, epic gunslashes to be had. A shame weapons lose all class status. I'm very tempted to boost the burning ranger mech guns. "But what about that lame latent, Yoshi?" NO CARE IN THE WORLD!

For the record, all weapon types that are innately multi-class retain the same classes as before. So, for example, all rifles will remain usable by Rangers and Gunners, regardless of what you do to them. Any rifles that have additional classes as a perk of the weapon will lose all classes except Ranger and Gunner, however.

Railkune
Jan 15, 2014, 09:15 PM
it's not worth it unless the item your crafting has the potential and you don't already have a 10star that outclasses it

So I've come to notice. I suppose it'd be better suited for lower level characters and/or people with terrible 10* rare finding luck.

deahamlet
Jan 15, 2014, 09:19 PM
So I've come to notice. I suppose it'd be better suited for lower level characters and/or people with terrible 10* rare finding luck.

You also have to be free player because honestly a ton of 10*s of very high quality dropped down in price a ton with Xmas and Cradle. Even some decent mid-road 10*s dropping in Mining Defense like candy if you use 250%.

Geistritter
Jan 15, 2014, 09:21 PM
This is a relatively fair option for players that don't regularly have access to shops, though. That's not a good place to be in, but it's not as bad as it was, at least.

It's pretty close to garbage for everyone else, though, and everyone else is the target for their bottom line, so it makes little sense on that front.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 15, 2014, 09:26 PM
only weapons I see benefitting from crafting is like..
Yasminkov 3000R
and to a small extent, Kalicizma
Both have decent potentials, but there is a Lambda Kalicizma

Geistritter
Jan 15, 2014, 09:32 PM
It's expensive, but yeah. It's still the clear winner over its 9 star cousin unless you're looking for a placeholder.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 15, 2014, 09:38 PM
Out of curiosity...whats the base for Yasminkov 3000R once it pimped out?

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 15, 2014, 09:39 PM
I'd tell you

but I vendored mine longer ago, didn't realize it had Zero Effort, so I never got it back in time for crafting

But I think 900something

Dnd
Jan 15, 2014, 09:51 PM
I dont know, im just insanely happy i can use these in and not be punished in terms of poor damage. a damage variation of 12% when your hitting 3 times harder is nothing. also my MKB refuses to all class after at least 60 attempts ._.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/43/vgzy.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Arksenth
Jan 15, 2014, 09:59 PM
I AM MAKING SO MUCH MONEY FROM THIS.

I'm barely even 1/8th of the way through my stockpile and I've already made 12m

Geezus inflation is a godsend.

pkemr4
Jan 15, 2014, 10:14 PM

what are you selling? and really the economy has gone to shit now?

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 15, 2014, 10:22 PM
damn if only i was stupid enough to save all my shit rares

Guess I'll have to pick up the 500 that drop during Tacos

HBK666
Jan 15, 2014, 10:23 PM

http://s0.uploads.im/vRsF1.gif

Nobody believes you.

musicmf
How do you get the "サファード" needed to craft 7~9* to Ex5?

I see on bumped that it's a Great Success for destroying an 11* Ranged Weapon... is that really the (only) way to get this material?
I would highly doubt it, since I see that they are only like 1.5m on the player shop.

Edit:
Thanks Dnd

btw-Niji
and really the economy has gone to shit now?
The economy has always been shit...

Arksenth
Jan 15, 2014, 10:24 PM
what are you selling? and really the economy has gone to shit now?

Mostly I'm selling Rubairds and Neojins but a few of the other mats are also worth a lot. PA discs too. And then there's some (previously) trash rares that have inflated ridiculously, so it's worth checking everything you're tossing into the desynth grinder

Dnd
Jan 15, 2014, 10:25 PM
How do you get the "サファード" needed to craft 7~9* to Ex5?

I see on bumped that it's a Great Success for destroying an 11* Ranged Weapon... is that really the (only) way to get this material?
I would highly doubt it, since I see that they are only like 1.5m on the player shop.

you trade in 10x Rubairds for one at the recycle shop

Arksenth
Jan 15, 2014, 10:28 PM
At the current prices for the current output, weapon/unit crafting doesn't really seem worth it.

Maybe in two weeks when everyone loses interest and prices crash.

Will be focusing on tech crafting for now and putting trash rares through the grinder for delicious rubairds.

TaigaUC
Jan 15, 2014, 10:33 PM
Nobody believes you.

It's easy to store stuff if you're paying real money for extra storage and have extra cash from AC lottery to buy everything out before it goes up.

Non-Premium players don't have enough space to store that much stuff.
1 slot per disc or weapon. I always clear the most slots by getting rid of those first.

*Exlvl 5 rescue Gun*

Awesome.