PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of coming back.

TheDeFiler
Dec 19, 2013, 03:52 PM
I'm going to be off of work for the Christmas holidays and was thinking about getting back into PSO2. I was checking out the topics on the sticky and was going to go with a Force/Techer. I then took what I read and decided to go with this. Keep in mind my subclass techer is not done as I'm still not sure where I want to go after what I have already picked.

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06uAbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIk0lbI n0000000lb000009b000000lb000008kbI22Sqx4NhnbpbnIkb n000064OIblsI2J24SbnIbi200009b000008

Let me know what you guys think.

thanks

Arksenth
Dec 19, 2013, 03:57 PM
It looks like from your FO build, you're aiming for an element generalist build? Will you be matching techs to elemental weaknesses? If so, maybe try out FO/BR instead - instead of a 20% bonus that EWH gives you for TE, you get a 57% bonus from Weak Stance. You do lose a few of the perks that TE gives you, but if you choose to pick up a relatively cheap Vibras Bow, you get access to Banish Arrow, which doubles your damage for 3 seconds, and Rapid Shot Mastery which increases your damage by a further 15% when Rapid Shot is up (in addition to the PP management a rapid-shotted Bullet Bow gives you) with little damage loss.

TheDeFiler
Dec 19, 2013, 04:24 PM
Ah gotcha and I can see how that would benefit me. I updated the skill tree:

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06xNbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIk0lbI n0000000lb000009b000000lb000008kbI22Sqx4NhnbpbnIkb n00007b0000000IOgO4NfcKkAJiHQIb0000

Arksenth
Dec 19, 2013, 04:31 PM
For the BR tree, I'd only get Weak Stance, not Average Stance if you're teching. Also, get the charge up, because it applies to charge techs. I wouldn't recommend you use Katana at all, since your S-ATK and striking multiplier isn't going to be enough for anything - bow is only really there for PP regen if you have Rapid Shot up since your R-ATK and multipliers aren't going to be anything special either. You do have a lot of spare points in the BR tree, though, so I guess get whatever you find fun.

Here's what I'd do. Made some tweaks to the FO tree too, to make it more relevant to a generalist build. I'm under the impression it's already set, but if you have a reset pass, you can change it to this. Although it's more common these days to specialize in an element, I find.

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06xNbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIk0lbI n0000000lb000009b000000lb0000084OIk2SdKjcAbNIxIbbn 0000lb0000000IOqB4N6JIHnGD0000f

TheDeFiler
Dec 19, 2013, 05:19 PM
For the BR tree, I'd only get Weak Stance, not Average Stance if you're teching. Also, get the charge up, because it applies to charge techs. I wouldn't recommend you use Katana at all, since your S-ATK and striking multiplier isn't going to be enough for anything - bow is only really there for PP regen if you have Rapid Shot up since your R-ATK and multipliers aren't going to be anything special either. You do have a lot of spare points in the BR tree, though, so I guess get whatever you find fun.

Here's what I'd do. Made some tweaks to the FO tree too, to make it more relevant to a generalist build. I'm under the impression it's already set, but if you have a reset pass, you can change it to this. Although it's more common these days to specialize in an element, I find.

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06xNbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIk0lbI n0000000lb000009b000000lb0000084OIk2SdKjcAbNIxIbbn 0000lb0000000IOqB4N6JIHnGD0000f

Thanks for the input. One last questions. When going for either build what should I shoot for first? In force should I go directly to PP Recharge Revival and Braver go directly to maxing weak stance? Well I guess that makes it 2 questions lol.

Arksenth
Dec 19, 2013, 05:22 PM
I'd go for PP Charge Revival first, and then Talis Tech Bonus on FO, then Bolt PP Save. If you're not using Talis, you can dispense of Talis Tech Bonus, but I don't see why not - it's a 20% boost and quite significant especially if you're using techs that don't matter if you cast it from yourself or from a Talis, or benefit from casting from a Talis.

BR should get Weak Stance and its associated bonuses first, and then if you're aiming for a Vibras Bow build, Rapid Shot Mastery.

TheDeFiler
Dec 19, 2013, 05:49 PM
I'd go for PP Charge Revival first, and then Talis Tech Bonus on FO, then Bolt PP Save. If you're not using Talis, you can dispense of Talis Tech Bonus, but I don't see why not - it's a 20% boost and quite significant especially if you're using techs that don't matter if you cast it from yourself or from a Talis, or benefit from casting from a Talis.

BR should get Weak Stance and its associated bonuses first, and then if you're aiming for a Vibras Bow build, Rapid Shot Mastery.

Sweet thanks and sorry but I just remember one more about mags. Should I go all mind or put some in Dex?

Thanks.

Arksenth
Dec 19, 2013, 06:26 PM
175 T-ATK is the way to go these days. Mags aren't really necessary except for equipping stuff, and these days, the requirement on everything is so low that there's no point.

TheDeFiler
Dec 19, 2013, 09:06 PM
Thanks for your patience and help! Hope to see you online sometime. Thanks again.