PDA

View Full Version : Guide Arksenth's Guide for Poor People to Make Meseta!

Arksenth
Dec 21, 2013, 03:34 PM
There's a lot of questions out there about how to farm Meseta; as an expert in this field, I'm going to do my best to explain all of your options. I rarely do TAs and I don't spend much AC (only the stuff my friends/teammates give to me as gifts) - yet I still make about 50m a month or so on average. TA isn't the only way to make meseta! Note that this guide assumes that you'll be at endgame. If you aren't, and you're looking to make meseta - the only thing I can recommend is that you level to 60+ first, otherwise it becomes a significantly bigger chore.

Time Attack Client Orders (TACOs)

A customary first mention, blah, blah. This is the answer that everyone always points to when everyone asks about "how to get Meseta" and it's true that TACOs are the most straight-forward way of earning Meseta. My recommendation is only to do VH TACOs, which net you 500k a day, since the other TACOs aren't time efficient enough - you can get these COs from Klotho on the upper floor of the main lobby. A good enough party will get through all of these TAs in less than 45 minutes.

Sometimes you can get abducted: my recommendation is that you always go through the abduction if possible with the fastest route. On VH, you're guaranteed 4-6 Photon Spheres from the Clones at the end, which net you 400k+; on SH, you get all that plus a clear reward bonus of 50k-200k depending on your rank.

However, note that TACOs are definitely not the most efficient way of earning meseta, and in the long run, take too long to really earn those high-ticket items that run for 100m+. However, the benefit of TACOs is that it gives you meseta in pure form. Any other more efficient method will depend on you having a shop - which can be done through either AC Cash, or for free (if harder to get) through FUN Scratch.

FUN Scratch

FUN Scratches are essential to earning large quantities of meseta if you aren't an AC player; as mentioned before, while TA methods do earn you a decent amount of meseta, they aren't efficient at all. FUN Scratches have a chance of giving you a 3 day shop, which allows you to maximize your meseta earning capacity for three days, as well as upload any stored items you may have for maximal profit.

Beyond shops, FUN Scratches often serve as a source of instant meseta through the items given. FUN Scratch items typically run from 1k - 1m in value, with an average of (if you choose a proper scratch time) 50-100k a scratch.

A few notes on strategies for FUN Scratches: it is far more efficient to hold onto a large quantity of FUN and then scratch it out in one go than it is to use your FUN on a daily basis. Remember that your storage, especially if you're a free player, is limited - and holding a few dozen tickets and affix/grind items will significantly lower the valuable space you have to hold other items of value, so it's best to scratch all your FUN points when you have or intend to obtain a shop.

But also, FUN Scratch items will vary in value. Certain tickets will enjoy greater popularity over other tickets - for instance, a Dance or Bed LA will almost certainly remain consistently high in price. Thus, a good time to scratch would be when the current rotation contains one of these items - with every new FUN Scratch rotation, I typically check the prices to determine if the scratch is sufficiently valuable after the item values have settled. Contrary to popular belief, it's typically better to scratch closer to the end of a cycle than it is to the beginning, as the more common affix/grind items will rise at the end of the rotation. Typically, one gains greater meseta from these affix/grind items than they do from more volatile, and rarer tickets.

On getting a shop: in my practice, certain squares will have certain item pools for each individual player (although some items are shared between pools). These item pools will change between rotations. Thus, if you get a shop on a certain square for one rotation, it would be wise to repeat that square over and over again for the duration of the rotation, as that's the square that spawns shops - I can typically get 4+ shop tickets in a rotation by doing this if I locate the square early.

Affixes
In the course of playing, you'll get a great deal of equipment. Some of it is actually surprisingly valuable in terms of being fodder!

Souls are obvious ones - however, some souls are commoner or less sought after than others, so only souls of that type with a high number of affixes will carry any value. Value tends to fluctuate a little for these items, so best practice is to type the soul into the shop search box and determine how much the general price that soul goes around for so and so number of slots. I've put in in italics the ones that tend to be less expensive below.

A quick list of the souls drops you should be checking for value:
Mizer Soul
Fang Soul
Ra'nsa Soul
Gwana Soul
Vol Soul
Quartz Soul
Ragne Soul
Elder Soul
Wolga Soul
Org Soul
Cougar Soul (Units Only)

General affixes are also a great way of earning meseta. Units, being rarer and tending to have fewer slots on average than weapons, tend to be pricer than weapons if they carry these affixes. See below for a list of the affixes you should be checking for value:

Weapons
Technique III (3+ slots)
Shoot III (2+ slots)
Power III (2+ slots)
Spirita III (3+ slots)
Stamina III (3+ slots)

Units
Technique I to III
Shoot I to III
Power I to III
Spirita I to III
Stamina I to III
Modulator/Vinculum/Ability III (situational)

It becomes more complicated to price if you have affixes in conjunction with each other (e.g. Tech III and Quartz etc), so you might have to get a bit estimatey on this based on the values of each. Finally, if you're really dead set on making the most use of the affix drops you get, it's possible to make less valuable affixes into more valuable ones that are sellable - for instance, if you have 3 Power II (3s) weapons that has one with a Mutation I on it, you can make a Power III (3s) weapon - but this is pretty situational and requires a good understanding of the affix system, so I won't get too deep into it.

Finally, a trick for affixes is that if you keep a low-leveled class around, you can buy cheap 1s Power/Shoot/Tech affixes from the unit shop and turn these into a profit - shops refresh every 10 minutes, or if you change blocks. On their own, these units don't go for much, but since you can buy them in bulk, you can easily change them into III or multi-slot affixes.

Advanced Quests
A quick note on AQs; since these aren't very popular anymore, this can actually work to the advantage of anyone looking to make a quick profit. Affix prices for III affixes have massively skyrocketed in value and will likely remain high for a few months. Similarly, Photon Crystal prices are now trending fairly high - excellent since AQs have a high rate of clones. Finally, AQ stones can be converted into 10*s which can then be converted into Excubes that can be traded in for 1000 FUN Passes for quick meseta. It's best if you can get three other friends/teammates together to spam AQs, however.

Generally speaking, the most profitable AQs to spam (due to boss soul drops and to cheaply/properly convertable 10*s) are:
Forest
Volcano
Desert
Tundra
F. Continent

The best time, by far, to do AQ is if you or someone you know has a "Clone Flag" - which means that either they or one of the people on their friends list have been abducted recently. If this occurs, you're almost guaranteed to get a Clone spawn in every AQ you run, which means that each AQ run will net you at least 400k meseta from the Photon Spheres alone in a full party. Have your friends and teammates keep you informed on if they've recently been abducted in their TACOs.

Matter Boards
Matter board drops have nice affixes, which can run upwards of 100k or so, so it's not a bad idea to work your way through if you have time. More significantly, however, the 14th Matter Board items, the H10 TMG and Fortuna, cost 4m and 1m respectively currently. So while I'm not dwelling too much on this point since they're only one-time bonuses, they're still pretty significant one-time bonuses.

Item Drops/Rare Hunting
Not very efficient, but it adds a bonus of about 30k a quest or so vending trash items, so it's not a terribly bad idea to do so whenever you have a chance.

Convert any 10* weapon you get under 100k in value (assuming that you don't need 10* tickets if you have premium, or for dismantling in the new customization update) into excubes.
Convert any set of 5 10* units you get under 15k each into Photon Spheres.

Daily Order items, especially ones that drop from SH and have 0/99 exchanges, can often go for a relatively high price. For instance, if Wolga Kneecaps are going for 10k each, that's 30k a run with a full party.

Buying and Reselling
20% Affix Boosts tend to sell like hotcakes - but for some reason, the price is always slightly higher than the cost of the cheapest 8 AC items. It's also smart to buy at the start of a rotation to stock up at the end as well.

The rules for buying and reselling otherwise tend to be pretty un-intuitive and varied though, but keep an eye on the current search on shop to see if there's anything you can turn into a profit.

Extreme Quest Tickets
Extreme Quest tickets can sell for about 300k a run at current market rate if you can find a buyer; note that you will have to use two tickets for each run since you have to pay for yourself and the other player as well. If you get a shop, before it expires, put cheap consumables up for 300k each in order to facilitate this in the future if you choose to do so (thanks EvilMag).

Overall, that's just off the top of my head. There's honestly a ton of options you have for making meseta, and it's hard to list all of them. You can ask any questions you have, though.

Link1275
Dec 21, 2013, 09:20 PM
20% affix boosts sell at high prices quickly because people are willing to pay high prices to affix that fancy 10* with 4-5 different affixes.

Arksenth
Dec 21, 2013, 09:28 PM
Well, obviously; the key is that unless someone else has been buying them off the market, the prices of the materials used to make 20% Affix Boosts tend to be at least 100k less than selling the boost.

Also check tickets for this purpose, not just costumes - cheap ones tend to go untouched for long periods of time as they're not as convenient to buy as costumes as it's harder to tell the difference between an AC and non-AC ticket.

Link1275
Dec 21, 2013, 09:52 PM
Well, obviously; the key is that unless someone else has been buying them off the market, the prices of the materials used to make 20% Affix Boosts tend to be at least 100k less than selling the boost.

Also check tickets for this purpose, not just costumes - cheap ones tend to go untouched for long periods of time as they're not as convenient to buy as costumes as it's harder to tell the difference between an AC and non-AC ticket.
For an English speaking player that may be the case that it's difficult to tell the difference between two tickets. However I have a hard time seeing any JP speaking players not being able to read the names properly.

Ratazana
Dec 22, 2013, 02:45 AM
If you have a bit of AC you can make memeta easily trading between ships.

Power Boost for example can be bought for 7~8m on some ships and could be sold for 15m on a couple of ships.

Velad
Dec 22, 2013, 04:39 AM
Thanks for the guide. Comes in handy for a noob such as myself.

Not Crazed
Dec 22, 2013, 02:12 PM
Could you expand on the affixing section, such as tips, where to hunt them, what to NPC and what to put up in the shops...

Thank youu :)

Arksenth
Dec 22, 2013, 02:21 PM
There's really too much to write about, but if you're specifically looking to hunt Affixes, I would get a group together to do either F. Continent AQ for Quartz or Desert AQ for Mizer. The best rule of thumb is if you spot an affix fodder that could be potentially expensive, look it up in the shop search using "ability name" and number of affixes.

Note that pricing rules differ drastically for units and weapons. For instance, while a Shoot I affix won't get expensive until around 5s for weapons (and even then only cost like 50k), a Shoot I affix can go for even 10k just for 2s on a unit.

UnLucky
Dec 22, 2013, 02:32 PM
For an English speaking player that may be the case that it's difficult to tell the difference between two tickets. However I have a hard time seeing any JP speaking players not being able to read the names properly.

Why, does it actually say on the ticket which scratch it's from?

Cause I'm pretty sure most Japanese players don't have the entire list of accessories memorized.

Greyvorg
Dec 23, 2013, 02:38 AM
Roughly how much FUN points should I scratch in one go? Also, is your method of acquiring shops from scratch reliable?

strikerhunter
Dec 23, 2013, 02:51 AM
I'm surprised to not see EXP tickets and photon drops/spheres, they sell like cookie. Sometimes 75% EXP tickets would go for more than 1 sphere or 99 P.drops. Sometimes 1 sphere goes more than 99 drops. I remember making a 1.9mil profit bout 3 weeks ago, buying a crap ton of photon drops, turning them into spheres then into EXP tickets for 119k each.

I guess this count as buy low sell high.

Arksenth
Dec 23, 2013, 11:58 AM
Roughly how much FUN points should I scratch in one go? Also, is your method of acquiring shops from scratch reliable?

Ahahahahahaha. Nothing in the game dictated by RNG is "reliable". You're so cute, though.

No rough guide, base it off which FUN scratches are profitable or not. Sometimes that means you'll hold onto the FUN for multiple rotations, sometimes that means you'll be scratching every rotation.

I'm surprised to not see EXP tickets and photon drops/spheres, they sell like cookie. Sometimes 75% EXP tickets would go for more than 1 sphere or 99 P.drops. Sometimes 1 sphere goes more than 99 drops. I remember making a 1.9mil profit bout 3 weeks ago, buying a crap ton of photon drops, turning them into spheres then into EXP tickets for 119k each.

I guess this count as buy low sell high.

EXP tickets are too volatile to really be a good recommendation - the problem is that they're often given out as event prizes and bingo prizes, so they tend to trend lower than Photon Spheres in value unless they haven't been featured for a while. As for Photon Spheres/Drops, there's no real good way to farm these things other than in the course of regular playing, as the targeted methods are too slow or too random. I'd either farm them from Clones in the course of just doing AQs, or barring that, get a full party together for Mizer (Fully explore area 1, skip area 2) so you at least have some other drops to look forward to if random clone spawns don't favor you.

MidCap
Dec 23, 2013, 01:11 PM
The original poster is very arrogant.

He would stop being that way if you all stopped feeding his ego. (Or hers, I don't care.)

Arksenth
Dec 23, 2013, 01:32 PM
The original poster is very arrogant.

He would stop being that way if you all stopped feeding his ego. (Or hers, I don't care.)

I give all you poor people permission to praise me more!

Geistritter
Dec 23, 2013, 01:50 PM
You should do Naberius II Hard every day. It's the fastest Time Attack by far, and you should be doing it in less than half the time it takes you to do Amduscia on Very Hard, making it more time efficient.

Arksenth
Dec 23, 2013, 02:11 PM
In terms of time taken to do each, it's actually:

Naberius I < Naberius II < Lilipa < Sanctum < Amduscia

But honestly, in a decent-even-if-not-optimal full party, each should take less than 5-7 minutes, and the difference between Nab I and Amduscia will only be two or three minutes anyway. Difficulty doesn't have a huge influence on completion time. Soloing is always stupidly long and doubles or triples your time, and not worth it at all if you're talking about efficiency - more likely than not, you'll be forced to solo if you want to do Hard TACOs anyway.

I wouldn't really recommend that you touch any of the Hard TACOs if you have access to VH TACOs, because 50k is really just chump change and not worth the time anyway.

I mean, if you have a preset TA party and extra time after, you totally have the option to toss on an extra Nab I Hard TA at the end of each set of five VH TAs, but it would honestly just make sense to do a AQ or even a Mizer run with that party after for way more profit than a single Hard TACO could ever offer...

Added a note on Clone Flags under the AQ section to the main post.

Geistritter
Dec 23, 2013, 04:40 PM
Naberius I is indeed way faster with four people because of how the shortcuts work. The above was speaking as a person who exclusively plays with two other people at most, and thus forgot about it.

Either way, Hard Naberius II is 65,000, and if you're decent you can do it by yourself in less than seven minutes. Five if you have even one capable person with you. I can personally handle it in about five by myself. It's impossible to do Amduscia on any difficulty that quickly because the legwork alone takes that long. Even if it didn't, 65,000 in five minutes is still more than you could get doing literally anything else that doesn't involve getting a lucky drop. It's silly not to do it unless you're not saving for anything in particular. It's probably silly not to do it even then.

Naberius I Hard isn't worth it with less than four people, though, unless you're desperate.

HeyItsTHK
Dec 25, 2013, 01:41 PM
Selling photon chairs viable?

Arksenth
Dec 31, 2013, 04:55 PM
I don't think any of the FUN Shop items are really worth it, unless you're super adverse about gambling. If you are, I personally wouldn't go for the Photon Chairs since they're a little variable in taste and quickly lost popularity after the first week - try some of the room items, or some of the LA tickets. Note that these aren't hugely popular either, so they'll sit for a while in your shop.

Zenobia
Dec 31, 2013, 05:27 PM
What kinda of parties are you running with that you can't face roll Hard TA's and get VH TA's done in a efficient time frame LOL!?

Arksenth
Dec 31, 2013, 05:36 PM
Ones that have shops such that Hard TAs are absolutely not even worth it.

Heck, VH TAs aren't really even worth the half-hour they take.

Zenobia
Dec 31, 2013, 05:42 PM
Wow VH TA's take you half an hour? Are you running with ppl who don't affix please say yes.

Arksenth
Dec 31, 2013, 05:48 PM

If random JP parties could go faster than 30 minutes for a set of 5 runs, I'd be using them to run other more profitable quests instead.

Like I said, the only benefit of TA is that it gives you the meseta directly instead of through something that needs to be sold.

Zenobia
Dec 31, 2013, 05:56 PM
That prob your from your exp so I can see that, but I know a lot of strong JP players as well as strong English players who have prem and still run VH and TA for that extra cash with no problem and steam roll Hard and VH sets np.

But damn dude you got me on that half an hour you gave me a nice laugh today def. To each their own though, wouldn't say you're an expert but you ave some knowledge of what you're doing.

moeri
Dec 31, 2013, 07:50 PM
Personally I have been playing since OB and still haven't gotten a my shop pass from fun scratch...

So personally I have found tacos to be my sole source of easy income.

EvilMag
Dec 31, 2013, 08:30 PM
You should also put in that if you have a 3 day shop pass, put in at least 999 monomates around for 300k a pop so you can at least sell extreme quest runs even if your shop expires.

Arksenth
Dec 31, 2013, 09:11 PM
Oh, sure, I'll toss that on. I don't do it much since I'm on Ship 8, but I heard it's real popular on Ship 2.

Zenobia
Jan 1, 2014, 02:07 PM
Regardless of how pointless it is to you stop basing everything on your personal exp you must take into account of all situation be it prem players or freemiuim ones, you should start thinking about all possible solutions instead of just thinking one way food for thought.

Kikikiki
Jan 1, 2014, 11:48 PM
Is there a point to this thread's existence.

Is there a point to the OP existing.

SakoHaruo
Jan 2, 2014, 02:53 AM
^ really good question right thurr

How to get rich? collect junk and buy premium one time.

"But I can't buy premium"

stay broke bitch o3o

daily tacos can't pay for everything unless you already have everything.

Ratazana
Jan 2, 2014, 03:14 AM
You have to spend money to make money.

It sucks but even if you get a lucky drop worth milions you can't get rich fast without a shop. SEGAC made sure of that.

BTW are shop passes that rare? I never traded cubes for fun points yet I have a bunch of passes. Anyway 10★ are dropping like candy now. It was never this easier to get fun points. Just keep scratching and you are bound to get a pass.

SakoHaruo
Jan 2, 2014, 03:22 AM
you want a shop pass? buy premium

With the amount of FUN points you collect from being premium you're guaranteed to hit the jackpot at least twice.

Ratazana
Jan 2, 2014, 03:39 AM
Can we talk about scratches without having to worry about offending the fremium people sensibilities?

The 200 AC on is great to make money. Lots of expensive stuff at 3★, some trash at 4★ and actions at 5★. Much of the "trash" is worth over 200k, and lots of easy to get stuff worth 1m. 10k AC can easily net you over 20m. Or waste 1h everyday for 20 days.

The 500 sucks unless you get really lucky. Besides the status boosters and socks set everything else is trash.

qoxolg
Jan 2, 2014, 04:12 AM
I also hardly ever do TACO's, because it feels tedious and I simply don't have the time to play this game every day because of work and my hobby of drawing art. The money I pay for premium is well worth the time it saves me from doing the same boring thing every day I don't actually want to do.

Anyway, what I always do to rack up money:

- I simply sell all booster items I get trough campaigns, FUN scratches and grinding (don't forget grinding 10 stars gets you 200k back in boosters). Whenever I need those boosters myself, I simply buy them back for the same price.

- Stack up all units and weapons I find that have good affixes. I usually look at the stats, rather then the amount of slots to determine the price. The best thing to do is to completely ignore people that undercut the market and simply put them for way higher. I don't even put up fodder up for any less then 50k, since my bank is getting to full. The trick here is to abuse the fact that people search for good units by putting up a minimum price. It is likely that units with good affixes have higher prices, so people are more likely to search for units with a minimum price of 50k, 100k, 200k ,etc. the trick is to price your units right above these prices, so 50001, 100001, etc. This way you always end up on top of the search list.

moeri
Jan 2, 2014, 11:50 AM
Regardless of how pointless it is to you stop basing everything on your personal exp you must take into account of all situation be it prem players or freemiuim ones, you should start thinking about all possible solutions instead of just thinking one way food for thought.

Currently I only know of one way to make money without premium and that is tacos, because I do not have a shop. Admittedly there are a few other cos that give some decent meseta, but nothing compared to tacos.

All the other ways of making money do not seen plausible to me because I have never had a shop, and considering how rare my shop passes seem to be... I may never get one.

Though, understandably this thread is one that focuses on how premium players make money, and that is fine with me. I just was trying to bring in my own experience into the conversation, just to highlight that getting a my shop pass is up to rng and to me it seems like a very low probability.
So us freemium players have different factors to worry about... namely that the tickets don't come up very often, and for me it hasn't happened yet

Arksenth
Jan 2, 2014, 12:08 PM
RNG hates you then... I'm more or less free myself and I normally get at least one shop ticket a rotation and currently have 6 banked. I have no idea why you're so unlucky, but generally these tips work for free players as well in my experience.

moeri
Jan 2, 2014, 12:12 PM
RNG hates you then... I'm more or less free myself and I normally get at least one shop ticket a rotation and currently have 6 banked. I have no idea why you're so unlucky, but generally these tips work for free players as well in my experience.

Fair enough then... I guess it is just really bad RNG. I must be an extreme outlier then

The Walrus
Jan 2, 2014, 12:13 PM
You're just super lucky with shop passes Arksenth :/

Arksenth
Jan 2, 2014, 12:16 PM
Well, even I normally use the shop tickets only once every month or two when I have like 150+ items banked, with rare exceptions for the occasional high ticket drop I know is going to deflate soon, so even someone less lucky than me should be able to make do on free shop tickets from my experience.

SakoHaruo
Jan 2, 2014, 01:00 PM
Can we talk about scratches without having to worry about offending the fremium people sensibilities?

LOL. In order to play this game efficiently you need premium at least once. If you choose not to pay for premium you have set yourself up for a terrible experience, believe it.

Questions: how does a freemium save the 40 - 50 mil to make good armor from scratch? How do you save without spending? How many maxed top tier weapons do you own for your class atm?

Even as a premium member I feel like I always need something in this game. I've had some of the best weapons on the chart (Discade, Langritter, Esca Hermes) 4slot with latent unlock, sold them for meseta and still have problems getting everything I want. There's no way you can be efficient as a freemium player, believe it.

The real answer is short. BUY PREMIUM. I don't work for SEGA, not trying to make them fools some money, I'm just speaking from my freemium experience. You don't need to buy prem monthly. the only reason to get prem is so you can purchase weapon/unit passes and for selling super rare junk sitting in your storage rotting away. The next time you need to buy prem will be 3 - 5 months down the road. I speak nothing but the truth.

Arksenth
Jan 2, 2014, 03:09 PM
Stack up all units and weapons I find that have good affixes. I usually look at the stats, rather then the amount of slots to determine the price. The best thing to do is to completely ignore people that undercut the market and simply put them for way higher. I don't even put up fodder up for any less then 50k, since my bank is getting to full. The trick here is to abuse the fact that people search for good units by putting up a minimum price. It is likely that units with good affixes have higher prices, so people are more likely to search for units with a minimum price of 50k, 100k, 200k ,etc. the trick is to price your units right above these prices, so 50001, 100001, etc. This way you always end up on top of the search list.

Personally, I do the opposite - I price for maximum turn-over, and units tend to sell like hotcakes. Sure, I lose out on a few thousand per unit/weapon, but this has two key benefits. First, you can reinvest the meseta into buying and reselling, and I'm always on the look-out for stuff that I can do so in - I made 10m in just two hours yesterday night by buying two Sato mag devices for 5m and reselling for 10m each. Second, it keeps your shop slots free for lower-end units. I mean, these days when a 2s power i unit sells for as much as 5k-10k, it makes sense to throw whatever drops for you into your shop, but that only works so long as you have free slots.

Shinamori
Jan 2, 2014, 03:18 PM
If you wish, you can stock up on Photon Spheres. They go for 90k~100K. You can trade 5x 10★ units for 1 Photon Sphere or 1x 10★ weapon for 1 Photon Shpere. If you already have a shop pass, you can try to rack up on Photon Spheres. Also, with item crafting around the corner, some 7★-9★ rares are going up in prices. For an example, Yasminkov 3000R is about 600k now. Club of Laconium can go for near 1mil. There's like only 7 or so Schwanns left, so yeah, probably wanna hop on them.

Arksenth
Jan 2, 2014, 03:27 PM
I actually wouldn't recommend that you jump on the speculation craze for the crafting update - most of the popular 7*-9* prices with good looks/latents have already been inflated at this stage by pre-buyers. Thus, when the patch actually gets released, the market is going to be flooded by those who pre-brought, and that means large amounts of undercutting. It's the exact same thing that happens with Photon Spheres before level cap updates - they go up in price beforehand because everyone thinks they'll be popular, and then crash massively once the patch is released as everyone tries to liquidate their stock.

Beyond that, since new latents are being released, it's hard to know what weapons will be outclassed latent-wise - and if you pick up a Club of Laconium and then another wand suddenly gets a 20% Charged Tech bonus or something, prices are going to crash as everyone floods to that wand.

Of course, if you're talking about actively hunting for said weapons, go ahead - but RNG in this game is kind of weird that I wouldn't really recommend that either.

Shinamori
Jan 2, 2014, 03:41 PM
Club of Laconium is like the only wand or rod with the fire boost latent,which is why it's so high.

Zenobia
Jan 3, 2014, 08:28 AM
Currently I only know of one way to make money without premium and that is tacos, because I do not have a shop. Admittedly there are a few other cos that give some decent meseta, but nothing compared to tacos.

All the other ways of making money do not seen plausible to me because I have never had a shop, and considering how rare my shop passes seem to be... I may never get one.

Though, understandably this thread is one that focuses on how premium players make money, and that is fine with me. I just was trying to bring in my own experience into the conversation, just to highlight that getting a my shop pass is up to rng and to me it seems like a very low probability.
So us freemium players have different factors to worry about... namely that the tickets don't come up very often, and for me it hasn't happened yet

I have no idea why you quoted me when I just said you got to think about both player base and the norm also you being one I would def say if you do get a ticket then you should def let that be a part of your money making scheme sense by the time you DO get one you should have plenty of stuff to sell.

You would be silly to negelct that just because you're not lucky with the fun ticket system.

Also about that crafting system while it may seem good to wait there are to many blank slates sitting around to actually star speculating, if you really need to sell better do it now while its hot get it out the way and save up for when crafting system comes.

moeri
Jan 3, 2014, 01:27 PM
I have no idea why you quoted me when I just said you got to think about both player base and the norm also you being one I would def say if you do get a ticket then you should def let that be a part of your money making scheme sense by the time you DO get one you should have plenty of stuff to sell.

You would be silly to negelct that just because you're not lucky with the fun ticket system.

Also about that crafting system while it may seem good to wait there are to many blank slates sitting around to actually star speculating, if you really need to sell better do it now while its hot get it out the way and save up for when crafting system comes.

I quoted because it seemed like your previous post was directed at me, if I was wrong then my mistake. My post would make no sense of it was not known that it was in response to your post, so I quoted your post to make this apparent.

I understand where you are coming from, but currently I do not know how often freemium players generally get my ship passes, though it seems I'm an unlucky outlier. I will say that if I get a my shop pass I will treat it like a ton of gold, and only use it with a big ticket item and a storage full of items to sell.

Currently I am sitting on in a few items that would catch a decent sum of meseta, but I have gotten to the point that holding out and hoping for a my shop pass just seems like a waste of energy. I will get one eventually, but currently there is no reason for me to worry about it, because short term meseta to meet goals such as buying x costume or y accessory, are currently much more important. The items that I get to sell through my shop is a long term investment of energy, and I have no idea when it will pay off. This could be after that wonderful accessory/ costume I want goes out of rotation, making it impossible for me to purchase it without spending 20+ mill.

Actually once I think about it... I don't even know what to do with all of that meseta... Tacos pay for everything I have ever needed/wanted.

Zenobia
Jan 13, 2014, 03:17 AM
I quoted because it seemed like your previous post was directed at me, if I was wrong then my mistake. My post would make no sense of it was not known that it was in response to your post, so I quoted your post to make this apparent.

I understand where you are coming from, but currently I do not know how often freemium players generally get my ship passes, though it seems I'm an unlucky outlier. I will say that if I get a my shop pass I will treat it like a ton of gold, and only use it with a big ticket item and a storage full of items to sell.

Currently I am sitting on in a few items that would catch a decent sum of meseta, but I have gotten to the point that holding out and hoping for a my shop pass just seems like a waste of energy. I will get one eventually, but currently there is no reason for me to worry about it, because short term meseta to meet goals such as buying x costume or y accessory, are currently much more important. The items that I get to sell through my shop is a long term investment of energy, and I have no idea when it will pay off. This could be after that wonderful accessory/ costume I want goes out of rotation, making it impossible for me to purchase it without spending 20+ mill.

Actually once I think about it... I don't even know what to do with all of that meseta... Tacos pay for everything I have ever needed/wanted.
That cool and all but how the heck did you even think it was directed at you when you didn't make a post in here until bout 2 pages back wth?

Ratazana
Jan 13, 2014, 05:30 AM
Revival scratch is going down next wednesday, stock on the following items while you can!

Rough Twin Tails
Wild Muffler
Blindfold
Lobby Action 28, 37, 38 and 43

They are all popular, relatively easy to sell and will be worth x3~10 times in 4~6 months.

Limbo_lag
Jan 13, 2014, 06:23 AM
Revival scratch is going down next wednesday, stock on the following items while you can!

Rough Twin Tails
Wild Muffler
Blindfold
Lobby Action 28, 37, 38 and 43

They are all popular, relatively easy to sell and will be worth x3~10 times in 4~6 months.

I'd actually advise against this, for 2 reasons:

1. Many others will have the same idea as you, and you'll have to compete with them.
2. Most people who wanted them would have already bought them, especially considering that this is the second rotation.

This is just my opinion on this particular matter, so it may turn out to be false. Just keep these 2 things in mind if you plan to do this.

Ratazana
Jan 13, 2014, 07:09 AM
1. Indeed lots of people do this, yet the prices always go up! You might have to undercut the competition and settle for x3 instead of x4 but you can't go wrong with the popular stuff. That's the key word: popular.

2. You always have people who missed a rotation, people who didn't have money at the time, people raising subs or even dudes who want to make their support partners into their dream my waifu.

Just do a search for any the popular stuff if you don't believe me. Panis Wing for example. Everyone with money to spare bought it to resell and they still went from 5m to 30m.

Limbo_lag
Jan 13, 2014, 08:32 AM
Panis wing is probably not the best example, seeing as it has only been on rotation once ^^;

Regardless, you do have a point, in that the prices should go up anyway as soon as the scratch ends, so in that sense, you shouuuuuuld make a profit if you buy early.

Assuming your method works (it usually does, but depends a lot on what you choose to invest in), the downside would be that you'd need to wait for prices to appreciate to something like 30m, which can sometimes take a while.

I personally prefer to grind/affix/resell stuff for profit, though my way is tedious and of course, you are risking the rng, which gets quite bad quite often. For some weird reason it still seems to turnover a profit most of the time, though. The stuff also generally sells faster than investing in AC items.

You need a heck of a lot of patience, either way.

Ratazana
Jan 13, 2014, 08:58 AM
You can wait for 30m if you are greedy but even 7m for rough twin tails would be a 2m profit and it doesn't take too long for that.

I agree, choosing what to invest in is crucial and that's why I gave my special selection. Usually anything over 1m goes up. Anything less than that might go up or down.

The affix method is good too but after you buy all the cheap fodders you have to wait (sometimes it take a while) for the market to replenish.

Yeah, either way you need a lot of patience!

MetalDude
Jan 13, 2014, 12:47 PM
Accessories/Hairstyles/LAs are reliable because they're one-time use items, the former two only applying to one character (and every account is guaranteed to have two characters and the bulk of the population is female characters). Unlike reselling weapons/units/other renewables, these have nowhere else to go but up once the rotation ends. Even if you invest late, you are still guaranteed some amount of profit.

Zenobia
Jan 18, 2014, 09:30 PM
Another thing I have been noticing lately weapons that used to be like 1050 meseta or so are now 70-80k meseta and up. Is this due to the crafting method being introduced soon cause that was heck of a change?

strikerhunter
Jan 18, 2014, 09:33 PM
Another thing I have been noticing lately weapons that used to be like 1050 meseta or so are now 70-80k meseta and up. Is this due to the crafting method being introduced soon cause that was heck of a change?

Possible rare crafting materials being able to get from dismantling crafting along with the demand for dismantling 7*s and up has gone up................which increases the prices of 7*+ stuffs.

Zenobia
Jan 18, 2014, 09:36 PM
Possible rare crafting materials being able to get from dismantling crafting along with the demand for dismantling 7*s and up has gone up................which increases the prices of 7*+ stuffs.

I figured as much. I am so glad I been stocking up on all those multiple 7* weps I have they been selling like hot cakes. Ofc I kept some for myself.

Z-0
Jan 19, 2014, 04:07 AM
To make money I just don't blow it all on every scratch that gets released. I only buy what I might actually use.

It's relatively simple, I don't do any special market tactics but my meseta only goes up, isn't that weird?

Ratazana
Jan 19, 2014, 04:18 AM
The price of イエイマスター went down a lot but late comers can still make some money selling it. You can get it at the fun shop for 3k.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 19, 2014, 04:19 AM
Regardless, you do have a point, in that the prices should go up anyway as soon as the scratch ends

I've learned that ship 2 economy is way too stupid for this to be true.

It's actually cheaper to buy things for a few days after things are out of rotation; too many people saturating the market thinking they'll make a quick and easy profit, but end up undercutting each other to the point it's cheaper to buy them after the scratch is over for a while.

Power boosts, shoot boosts, rough twintail all dropped in price by about another million each since the night of server downtime. There's likely more cases with anything that people consider popular.

Had a feeling it would happen, but kicking myself for doing the 'safe' thing and buying early. I could have saved over 7 mil

Ratazana
Jan 19, 2014, 05:20 AM
I've learned that ship 2 economy is way too stupid for this to be true.

It's actually cheaper to buy things for a few days after things are out of rotation; too many people saturating the market thinking they'll make a quick and easy profit, but end up undercutting each other to the point it's cheaper to buy them after the scratch is over for a while.

Power boosts, shoot boosts, rough twintail all dropped in price by about another million each since the night of server downtime. There's likely more cases with anything that people consider popular.

Had a feeling it would happen, but kicking myself for doing the 'safe' thing and buying early. I could have saved over 7 mil

Things usually go down a bit shortly after something is taken from rotation as that is the time when hoarders dump stuff on the market. Just give it some time and the prices will go up again. Right now all the forces are flooding the market trying to raise money for customizing. This is a good time to buy, not sell.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 19, 2014, 05:55 AM
Things usually go down a bit shortly after something is taken from rotation as that is the time when hoarders dump stuff on the market. Just give it some time and the prices will go up again. Right now all the forces are flooding the market trying to raise money for customizing. This is a good time to buy, not sell.

I don't plan to sell now, or else I'd double my losses. It's just that I shouldn't have bought my investments until now :(

qoxolg
Jan 22, 2014, 07:23 AM
For those that have high slotted (5 or more slots) cougar weapons (well at least with Cougar Soul, Vinculum & mutation), since crafting got released, they suddenly started to sell for pretty good prices. Especially if it also has abillity III and maybe technique, shoot or power (which is actually quite common on Cougar drops).

I've had a bunch of 5 and 6 slot Vita Over's rotting in my shop for a long time, but past week they suddenly started to sell for 200k, 500k and even one of them for 1 Mil. Thats not bad, since Cougar drops high sloted units and weapons like hot cakes and people seem to be crafting those 'pre affixed' fodders. Maybe I could've put them up for higher prices, but I totally forgot I still had them there.

TaigaUC
Jan 22, 2014, 08:38 AM
Oh? I already got rid of those Cougar units after holding onto them for months.
Figures.

qoxolg
Jan 22, 2014, 01:42 PM
These weren't even units, but weapons. Units seem to go for less, however I did try to bump up the price of 5 slot cougar units to 200k by buying away all the under cutters. Hope they will sell, though it didn't cost very much, since it was undercut to 30k. In the worst case I will have to sell them for less then 200k.

Dhylec
Jan 24, 2014, 09:48 PM
This guide will help make millionaires to those who have reached the top of the game. So, appropriately, it is added to the sticky at the top.

Would be nice if there is a meseta guide for new players - They need it too.

Arksenth
Jan 24, 2014, 09:55 PM
Would be nice if there is a meseta guide for new players - They need it too.

Kind of tough for new players to make any substantial amounts of meseta until they hit near-cap unless they were looking to use AC Cash since so many avenues are shut off to them, to be honest. So my only real advice is just to level up first and then focus on making meseta second. Don't put the horse before the cart!

Shinamori
Feb 7, 2014, 06:50 PM
About getting Shop tickers. Generally, I found that if you scratch between 50-70-ish times, you're bound to get at least 1 shop ticket. So, here's what you can do. Buy 1000 FUN Tickets and get a shop pass. It's probably gonna take you more than 10 Excubes (about 5000 FUN or 50 tries) to get a shop pass. Once you do get a shop pass, do not use it. Instead, make units/weapon fodders, buy 7*-9* weapons (there's not much though) that a lot of people tend to craft and affix and grind them. If you have any 10* in your inventory, look for ones that would sell at a decent rate when affixed, grinded and has it latent unlock. Like 9000Ms still goes for a decent rate when fully affix, grinded, and latent unlocked.

ZombieFighter9000
Feb 7, 2014, 08:02 PM
About getting Shop tickers. Generally, I found that if you scratch between 50-70-ish times, you're bound to get at least 1 shop ticket.

What? I've been playing for over a year and I've never gotten a shop ticket from the FUN scratch. They seem insanely rare.

Inazuma
Feb 7, 2014, 08:10 PM
What? I've been playing for over a year and I've never gotten a shop ticket from the FUN scratch. They seem insanely rare.

The shop ticket is 1 in 10,000 FUN.

Source: I get 500k FUN monthly.

Shinamori
Feb 7, 2014, 09:00 PM
Yea, I gotten A shop ticket with 10k fun. Once from 5k fun and about a few days ago, I got one from 7k fun with about 4k left to spare. The thing is, you have to constantly be scratching.

Coatl
Feb 7, 2014, 09:10 PM
Grind full protects are bound to rise in price in march during boost week.

Shinamori
Feb 7, 2014, 09:25 PM
I thinkg "grind" anything is bound to rise, even +1s. But, probably not by much.

Inazuma
Feb 7, 2014, 09:26 PM
Yea, I gotten A shop ticket with 10k fun. Once from 5k fun and about a few days ago, I got one from 7k fun with about 4k left to spare. The thing is, you have to constantly be scratching.

Or you can wait until you have a ton of FUN saved up so you are almost guaranteed to get a shop pass. That's what I do when my goal is selling the items.

Shinamori
Feb 7, 2014, 10:12 PM
Yea, but I like to save up for 250% tickets, but I'm sure we'll get one or two along with some tri-boosters in the valentine and ultimately white day bingo.

Inazuma
Feb 7, 2014, 10:36 PM
Yea, but I like to save up for 250% tickets, but I'm sure we'll get one or two along with some tri-boosters in the valentine and ultimately white day bingo.

The 250% rare drop tickets can pretty much pay for themselves if you use them right.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 7, 2014, 11:27 PM
The 250% rare drop tickets can pretty much pay for themselves if you use them right.

Or not use them at all in TD, and just save every cube. I've only managed to break even doing the 250 boost thing.

gigawuts
Feb 7, 2014, 11:28 PM
I usually walk out with a surplus, myself.

Coatl
Feb 7, 2014, 11:42 PM
Just use the dumb 250s. Seriously, we're not going to get *11s better than elysion, Guild Milla or Twin Kamui for a looong time.

Inazuma
Feb 7, 2014, 11:57 PM
Or not use them at all in TD, and just save every cube. I've only managed to break even doing the 250 boost thing.

If your goal is excubes, yeah. You are probably better off not using them. But if you are using the rare boost tickets to help get an 11 star, then it's nice to know that they help pay for themselves.

The same is true for Falz Elder, if you use them on dedicated alt chars like I do. Five of my Elder runs are done with 300%+ rare boost. Thanks to finding more 10 star weapons and stones, I can do it every time.

Shinamori
Feb 13, 2014, 11:14 PM
Hmm which has more value when selling? Elder or Ragne?

Inazuma
Feb 13, 2014, 11:26 PM
Hmm which has more value when selling? Elder or Ragne?

Elder Soul is better than Ragne Soul up to about 5 affixes. For 6+ affixes, Ragne or Wolga wold be superior because of stuff like Stigma and Mutation not being available with Elder.

In other words, Ragne Soul is for poor people and also super rich people. Elder Soul is for everyone in the middle.

As for all of the prices, just do some price checks in-game.

Z-0
Feb 13, 2014, 11:33 PM
Mutation is available with Elder Soul now, as Falz Arm in the field can spawn mutilated. It's viable to do 5 or 6 slots with Mutation for +110 total attack.

Shinamori
Feb 13, 2014, 11:39 PM
I'd probably wait till they make it easier to add slots before wasting money on constant fails. I'll probably stick with this for now.
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h53/Sodisna/thisfornow.png I have an extra 3 day shop which I'll save for boost week or when we can cell 11* and sell my Falz claw.

Z-0
Feb 13, 2014, 11:44 PM
With boost week, up to 5 slot is 100% success rate with a 30% booster.

If you missed it, the extra slot alleviation is simply just a 10% increase on the base rate, so 5 slot will go from 55% to 60%.

Shinamori
Feb 13, 2014, 11:46 PM
Yeah I have 20 10*s already and for some reason if feels like 10*s are starting to drop a bit more. (inb4 10* becomes new 9*s)

gigawuts
Feb 13, 2014, 11:59 PM

If you missed it, the extra slot alleviation is simply just a 10% increase on the base rate, so 5 slot will go from 55% to 60%.

I was already going to 4slot it this way, but now I'm tempted to 5slot it...

(again)

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 14, 2014, 01:14 AM

Please don't give me reasons.

*looks for 5s quartz fodder*

Arksenth
Feb 14, 2014, 01:15 AM
Oh, 5 slots might be less annoying then. I have so many excubes I have no idea what to do with them, so might as well.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 14, 2014, 01:29 AM
I have so many/much ****** I have no idea what to do with them

I have never heard you use this phrase before.

Like at all.

Ever.

:roll:

Arksenth
Feb 14, 2014, 01:35 AM
I'm thinking of making Modulator/Ability III/Stigma/Technique III units with the boost to fit my TE/FI, but even with the boost and a 30%, at best I could achieve a 70%/70%/70%/100% without going to any unusual contortions that it makes me question if it's really worth it since overall it's only a 1/3rd chance or so.

Maybe I could just do Modulator/Stigma/Spirita Boost/Technique III, but even that's only a 49% chance at success. UGH.

Shinamori
Feb 14, 2014, 09:32 AM

If that was in the video then I didn't see it, but I'd lol if they made extra items that you'd get from AC/FUN Scratch. Something like: 追加のスロット10% or 追加のスロット20%^^;

Asellus
Feb 15, 2014, 06:33 AM
I'm thinking of making Modulator/Ability III/Stigma/Technique III units with the boost to fit my TE/FI, but even with the boost and a 30%, at best I could achieve a 70%/70%/70%/100% without going to any unusual contortions that it makes me question if it's really worth it since overall it's only a 1/3rd chance or so.

Maybe I could just do Modulator/Stigma/Spirita Boost/Technique III, but even that's only a 49% chance at success. UGH.

Modulator affixes for 80% w/o boosts if you pair match three, two is only 30%. Haven't worked with stigma much so can't say what a 3x pair match affixes for. I'd guess similar, or close 60~80%?

Asellus
Feb 15, 2014, 08:00 AM
@ OP, this~

Asellus
Feb 15, 2014, 08:02 AM
...and this~

...and that's how money is made.

Shinamori
Feb 15, 2014, 08:31 AM
You could have you know, edit your post.

Rayden
Feb 15, 2014, 09:06 AM
...and that's how money is made.

What are you selling?

Ratazana
Feb 15, 2014, 09:09 AM
Fodder.

Asellus
Feb 17, 2014, 01:25 AM
Fodder.

Sharp cookie, you get a gold star. Fodder mostly but not entirely.

.Jack
Feb 17, 2014, 03:56 AM
Fodders is definitely a very good way (much better than TAs, imo). If you learn how to make them for the most little amount which requires shop searching and knowing what to buy. An average soul/III/x for under 100k attempt then resell for 500k-1M or 100-200k attempt for 1M-2M if the 3rd /x is stamina or spirita III 3-slots.

Starting the base attack from these is best:

http://i.imgur.com/A2yaAmM.png

A good week of sales like mentioned, mostly from fodders:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/CazPeLB.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Fleur
Feb 17, 2014, 06:30 AM
Fodders is definitely a very good way (much better than TAs, imo). If you learn how to make them for the most little amount which requires shop searching and knowing what to buy. An average soul/III/x for under 100k attempt then resell for 500k-1M or 100-200k attempt for 1M-2M if the 3rd /x is stamina or spirita III 3-slots.

Starting from scratch like that always seemed like a pain. I'm guessing you use rented AC storage?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 17, 2014, 06:57 AM

This is what I still don't fully understand. How exactly did you go from power i to fodders worth a damn? What did you add, how did you do it, and what odds did you have to deal with?

Sandmind
Feb 17, 2014, 11:51 AM
He is using 1* unit, Dudu charge almost nothing for those. Even if it fail, not much was lost. He propably start by unlocking slot, then upgrading one stat as his shop need. And maybe affix a corresponding soul if he feel like it.

IndigoNovember
Feb 17, 2014, 12:34 PM
Around how many fodders do you make per week on average Jack?

Rayden
Feb 17, 2014, 03:18 PM
I'd really like to know the full process for making fodders to sell like that!

Z-0
Feb 17, 2014, 03:57 PM
You don't expect him to share, do you?

That would mean he'd lose profits.

Arksenth
Feb 17, 2014, 04:00 PM
It's kind of hard to communicate too, because it involves really knowing your way around the affixing process, understanding probability, and watching the market for certain affix combinations at certain prices, so... Just trial and error, or lots of time with a calculator.

MetalDude
Feb 17, 2014, 05:10 PM
There's a bit of patience needed for building up your own fodders and it's definitely a frustrating process even if it's lightweight on your wallet. I end up just testing my luck for the day by seeing if any souls are at a minimum (for weapons) or below 30k (for units) and then buying the Stat III as well. Units are far, far more profitable but obviously comes with greater losses for bad streaks. I've rarely been getting on to play the past two weeks, but I always do at least 10 attempts of either weapons or units before I log off. This still costs more than making all the fodders (sans souls) yourself, but it is a bit less of a hassle to attempt.

Of course, the market is rather empty right now because players are intentionally withholding premade fodders for boost week. I'd just build up a fair stash of them and watch the market over boost week as it chaotically explodes and watch for good selling periods.

.Jack
Feb 17, 2014, 07:15 PM
This is what I still don't fully understand. How exactly did you go from power i to fodders worth a damn? What did you add, how did you do it, and what odds did you have to deal with?

[SPOILER-BOX]This is a very bad video I posted a long time ago here somewhere. I used all items found so they were no cost and It's better to use mutation plus 2 II's instead of using 3 II's. I think it's pretty basic and easy to get the gist of it once you do it a few times. Since it costs very little to produce you would get like 5-10 attemps and just one success would cover the cost amount for the most part. That was back then tho, now the market is different and now only power and shoot is the only worth attack to make. Adding the soul I think everyone knows how to do that. This is just for III/x - extend an additional slot and buy all the cheap I/x/x in shops from time to time for the 3slot III/x/x . This is no good for 4 slots, only for single to 3 slots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl73RqhPL0Q"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl73RqhPL0Q
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Around how many fodders do you make per week on average Jack?

Depends on what sells, I usually replace it so 50-100 maybe.

You don't expect him to share, do you?

That would mean he'd lose profits.

I think once you reach a certain amount of meseta, anyone would not mind it anymore. I reach my amount months ago so I don't mind sharing. :D

Arksenth
Feb 17, 2014, 07:35 PM
I don't even sell fodders anymore because once you reach a certain pool it more or less keeps at a constant floating rate with small fluctuations too with even just regular gameplay. Meeeeh. Not worth the time and energy.

Shinamori
Feb 17, 2014, 07:44 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]This is a very bad video I posted a long time ago here somewhere. I used all items found so they were no cost and It's better to use mutation plus 2 II's instead of using 3 II's. I think it's pretty basic and easy to get the gist of it once you do it a few times. Since it costs very little to produce you would get like 5-10 attemps and just one success would cover the cost amount for the most part. That was back then tho, now the market is different and now only power and shoot is the only worth attack to make. Adding the soul I think everyone knows how to do that. This is just for III/x - extend an additional slot and buy all the cheap I/x/x in shops from time to time for the 3slot III/x/x . This is no good for 4 slots, only for single to 3 slots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl73RqhPL0Q
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Depends on what sells, I usually replace it so 50-100 maybe.

I think once you reach a certain amount of meseta, anyone would not mind it anymore. I reach my amount months ago so I don't mind sharing. :D

That's how I made my 4s Elder/Tech3/Pow3/Shoot3. Failed 100/100/100/80 with Ability3. :S

But yeah, selling Fodders and fully affixed/grinded/pot weapons seems to be the money maker. I probably should that myself as I have 25mil. However, I'm saving my last shop pass for 11* trading/selling and my meseta for WD. I wanna see if the susano market falls or not.

.Jack
Feb 17, 2014, 08:00 PM
That's how I made my 4s Elder/Tech3/Pow3/Shoot3. Failed 100/100/100/80 with Ability3. :S

But yeah, selling Fodders and fully affixed/grinded/pot weapons seems to be the money maker. I probably should that myself as I have 25mil. However, I'm saving my last shop pass for 11* trading/selling and my meseta for WD. I wanna see if the susano market falls or not.

4 Slot from a 1*? I don't even.. lol

You don't really need much to make just the basic attack. You can buy a stack units from npc for less than a 100k and use whatever junk you find to make a few III/x/x (power or shoot). You'll only need to have space for it so an extra storage is good to have if you're doing this.

Shinamori
Feb 17, 2014, 08:53 PM
4 Slot from a 1*? I don't even.. lol

You don't really need much to make just the basic attack. You can buy a stack units from npc for less than a 100k and use whatever junk you find to make a few III/x/x (power or shoot). You'll only need to have space for it so an extra storage is good to have if you're doing this.

Then I should probably AQ and buy a Monkey bar. :V

Anyway, that's when I was making fodders to add Elder/Tech3/Ability3/TechBoost to my 11* XQ Rod. The whole think probably cost under, shoot maybe 1mil or so?

Z-0
Feb 17, 2014, 09:02 PM
Always carry a Monkey Bar with you at all times.

I personally just do TACOs and break boss crystals with a Monkey Bar (I stopped marketing a while ago 'coz I just felt like playing), and I can easily make a good 20-30 million a week just doing that. Sell everything that will sell for at least 1,000 meseta and the meseta just starts coming in.

It's not quick like affixing fodders or sniping stuff from the market or any of that jazz, but it's easy and pretty much guaranteed.

It's like doing the Cougar Lilipa EM. That EM is the best EM in the game, far better than Tower Defense, Falz, and whatever else you can name, as you can make a few million just from running it for 30 minutes on Normal Difficulty, almost guaranteed. Then there's an infinite amount of snipes you can do for money right after it ends, although I always miss everything so I gave up on that. D:

It needs to come up more so my 5 slot fodders get cheaper. :(

Shinamori
Feb 17, 2014, 09:05 PM
Sounds like investing in a Monkey Bar might can pay off in the long run. The I can try to get it all-class or at the least have force and braver equip-able.

Miles064
Feb 17, 2014, 09:48 PM
So is there something i can do that is less...random? Ive tried everything but just spaming TAs(which kind of suck solo). Ive never had more than 12mil at a time but i see so many people running around rich. Ive even tried the ac scratch and ended up getting nothing good. I dont get good drops, it cost 500k to grind an 8 star due to mass failures, i just tried to make affix fodders but fail 75% chances 10 times in a row and even had 3 75% chances fail all at once. I know RNG is RNG but at what point does this become fun?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 17, 2014, 10:46 PM
I know RNG is RNG but at what point does this become fun?

The game is fun as long as you avoid the senseless and impossible RNG.

Every time I attempt to grind, or attmempt to affix shit and witness the usual 2/3 90/90/90 (seriously this shit happens too much for how little I affix anything out of this very fear. I have around a half dozen pictures of this crap that has a <3% chance of happening) chances fail as expected, I am reminded of this fact.

:rant:Whenever I think of this game's rng when it comes to drops, rare disks, grinding, and affixing it fills me with rage because nothing is promised with effort, at adds nothing but frustration to the game, SEGA isn't directly making money from it (so some of the RNG literally serves no other purpose than to frustrate us since they have nothing to gain from it).

Honestly if they were to make a flat fee of like... 400k and like... 200ish grinders to instantly +10 a 10*, I would love it. Not that it saves me money (if your luck is as shit as mine with grinding, you'd break even), but I, and no other sane person would prefer to sit there constantly clicking, and constantly hoping we're not paying someone in advance to fuck up their job, and waste my time again, and again, and again... In life, those people either get sued, or someone will beat the fuck out of them.

It's not hard to figure out the average cost to grind a weapon, and just make it a flat fee. There is no reason for us to have to deal with this if we're going to lose a certain amount of money and grinders on average doing this. I've never had a feeling of 'Yay! I +10ed'. It's always 'thank god that shit is over'. What game designer puts shit in a game that player dreads doing?! Who adds something to a game that does nothing but grief players?! It doesn't even make them money directly!:rant:

Miles064
Feb 17, 2014, 10:59 PM
Thats the biggest reason i dont grind my weps. I always buy them +10 becuase i know i will get it when i get the money for it. The first 10 star rod i got on my force i bought right after the added 10 stars to the shop. The next upgrade i got was from aqs then i bought my wep that i use now. I found my first 10 star off falz a week ago on an alt and my first 11 star(and only 11 star) on another alt the next day. Random is nothing but bs.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 18, 2014, 12:02 AM
Thats the biggest reason i dont grind my weps. I always buy them +10

Funny you mention that. Stuff like that lessens the effect of our money sinks in game.

By doing that, money only changes hands between players excluding that 5% shop sale tax. Less money is being thrown into the void known as Dudu, and Monica. Inflation follows.

GG sega for making multiple terribly discouraging RNG systems that work in tandem to indirectly cause inflation.

Miles064
Feb 18, 2014, 12:18 AM
Id love if they went with the psp2 grinding system with jacked up prices tbh. Money sinks are a good thing if they work with the player rather than against them. Im sure not to many people would be sad if it just cost a flat amount and some more grinders for each grind. They could even make it like 100 grinders for +9 to +10 but at least you would know its going to work.

Ratazana
Feb 18, 2014, 01:10 AM
It's very boring and tiresome if you don't have storage and have to sort your stuff after every run. It becomes somewhat easier if you got plenty of storage and can play for long periods without having to sort your shit.

500 random stuff you get with ニョイボウ can get net a nice sum. As you will only be spending money on the affixing (that's why you use something cheap to affix), the profit is quite good. How much money you can make is limited by your ability to fill the storage.

HBK666
Feb 18, 2014, 01:48 AM

http://i.imgur.com/A2yaAmM.png

hmm, what ship are you on?

IndigoNovember
Feb 18, 2014, 02:39 AM
Jack is on ship 2.

Shinamori
Feb 18, 2014, 03:19 AM
Wish I had like a 30day shop ticket. I might just use like 20 excubes and get 10k fun and only get 1 3 day pass :V Funny thing is, more of my storgae is all that crafting stuff and AQ stones. I'd get rid of the AQ stones, but who know if there will be a trade in. :V

Z-0
Feb 18, 2014, 12:25 PM
The AQ stones from VH are required to make the SH AQ proxies.

The way it works is that you start with an Ikutachi, which you then convert into a Kagudachi, and then using the SHAQ stones, you'll be able to turn that into a Kurahadachi.

Arksenth
Feb 18, 2014, 12:28 PM

The way it works is that you start with an Ikutachi, which you then convert into a Kagudachi, and then using the SHAQ stones, you'll be able to turn that into a Kurahadachi.

Where did this information come from? First time I heard of it.

Z-0
Feb 18, 2014, 12:29 PM
It was in a mag page that was posted on the uploader. Someone linked it to me, I would have to find it again.

edit: http://pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up91047.jpg

Arksenth
Feb 18, 2014, 12:34 PM
Ah cool. Thanks. Is there anything else on that page of interest? There's a lot of text there.

Z-0
Feb 18, 2014, 12:46 PM
Not much.

Basically SHAQ is 66-70, drops unique 11*s, "great spellstones" and requires Advanced Capsules d, e, f (10 of each).

Bellion
Feb 18, 2014, 12:48 PM
Well, looks like 11* weaponry are going to be farmable endgame gear now.
It's dumb that they're only going to release the first 3 areas for SH AQs instead of all.

EvilMag
Feb 18, 2014, 12:48 PM
Any idea if the 3rd tier pyro weapons are 11*s?

Bellion
Feb 18, 2014, 12:50 PM
It's not mentioned, but it's possible. The first time they added in the AQ pyroxenes were when 10*s were very few and actually pretty rare.

Arksenth
Feb 18, 2014, 12:54 PM
I hope they'll keep the new upgrades 10* assuming they retain the same latents - even the better stuff like Splendid Recovery or Immediate Justice don't really justify 11* grinding and unlocking.

Interested in the new 11* drops though.

Z-0
Feb 18, 2014, 01:23 PM
They're 10*, it was stated in the stream a bit back.

Arksenth
Feb 18, 2014, 01:24 PM
If I recall, the new AQ 11s are going to be the ones modeled after costume sets, and the new XQ AQs are going to be those stone weapons with the glowy blue lines.

gigawuts
Feb 18, 2014, 01:36 PM
Oh, so new pyrox weapons are confirmed? I've been holding onto pyrox-able weapons for a few months now in anticipation of this.

And yeah, that's what it looks like with the 11*s we've been shown. I know the XQ weapons are 11* for sure, not sure about the AQ weapons though. I'd heard they might be pyroxes, but I hope they're actual drops (so we can exchange them). I also hope they don't all just have shitty JA bonus, because god damnit 11*s should be unique and not just some boring +16% damage to one attack/element or +5% damage to everything.

I also eagerly await the 11* Pico Pico Hammer from the next wave of rappies, to feed us all trade passes (not confirmed, just an expectation).

Arksenth
Feb 18, 2014, 01:44 PM
I don't really think I'll be making any of the new 10s pyroxyene items. The latents were great when they first came out but now they're kind of outclassed, even if they turn out to be marginally better statwise than our current set of top tiers. There go easy excubes from stones too, maybe the greater 10s drop rate will compensate.

qoxolg
Feb 18, 2014, 02:53 PM
Are there any screens or icons of what they will look like? The VH AQ weapons were ugly as sin. Especially the ice ones, that look like they were made by a blind man that has been eating poisonous mushrooms for the entire day.

I too am more interested in the 11* stuff, since SH AQ's is probably the only 'regular' content I am gonna play till the next difficulty upgrade. Even if it was just so I could get an 11* trading pass to 50% my Elysion.

Arksenth
Feb 18, 2014, 02:56 PM
From Bumped:

Advanced Quest 11s are based off costumes/parts.

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Super-Hard-Advance-Quest.jpg

XQ 11s follow a theme of stone with glowing blue lines:

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Extrene-Qyest-51-60.jpg

Elysion probably won't be outclassed for a long, long time to come, I think.

qoxolg
Feb 18, 2014, 02:59 PM
DAT HAMMER WAND!

Now lets hope SEGA doesn't give another uber rare wand teching latents that should've been on a rod...

Arksenth
Feb 18, 2014, 03:44 PM
I don't mind teching latents on uber wands.

:wacko:

Maybe you're playing the wrong subclass.

LonelyGaruga
Feb 18, 2014, 03:46 PM
The hammer is a Rod weapon. Shamefully. I hope it at least doesn't get a potential that buffs lightning techs. I've had about enough of garbage Force players detonating Zondeel everywhere I go. Especially on non-lightning weak enemies.

Arksenth
Feb 18, 2014, 03:57 PM
To be honest? I don't even see FOs using a Latented Satellite Riser spam Zonde outside of the few situations it's appropriate to; every time there's a trash FO detonating my Zondeel, chances are they have a Umbra Rod or something.

GOOD FOs know when to detonate Zondeel and when not to.

Sanguine2009
Feb 18, 2014, 05:23 PM
The hammer is a Rod weapon.

boo all hype for the XQs gone.

Arksenth
Feb 18, 2014, 05:27 PM
Wand will probably be a similar design.

Or something completely hideous like a club lewl

HBK666
Feb 18, 2014, 06:04 PM
Jack is on ship 2.

Oh ok.

qoxolg
Feb 18, 2014, 06:34 PM
The hammer is a Rod weapon. Shamefully. I hope it at least doesn't get a potential that buffs lightning techs. I've had about enough of garbage Force players detonating Zondeel everywhere I go. Especially on non-lightning weak enemies.

NNNNNGGGGGGGG..

I thought that picture showed the third move of the Wand combo, where you smack it into the ground.

I guess I haven't played much FO since.. err.. SH

huh wait, what, this isn't the Techer thread?? :(

I never touched the whole affixing thing to make meseta thus far. Just buying and reselling fodders and fun tickets, running LQ, sell PA disc frags, accumulate Excubes by leveling and 10*, get 10k fun, do scratches, sell booster items and bank unused tickets until it's out of scratch and repeat the this process.

Wand will probably be a similar design.

Or something completely hideous like a club lewl

:(

Where is my Solferino (http://www.pso-world.com/images/items/BB-SOLFERINO-ACTION-1.jpg)?

jcart953
Feb 18, 2014, 07:11 PM
Well, looks like 11* weaponry are going to be farmable endgame gear now.
It's dumb that they're only going to release the first 3 areas for SH AQs instead of all.

What sucks more is that there starting with forest first again. They should if anything do seabed, coast & the new lillipa area first. Or atleast mix it up ( I want my hybrid souls already)....

@the hammer that's suppose to be a rod : I really hope it not, that's rather stupid it should be a wand since you smack stuff with a hammer, stupid sega and there logic...

Z-0
Feb 18, 2014, 07:20 PM
Definitely a rod, as Rupika is doing the rod animation.

Arksenth
Feb 18, 2014, 07:20 PM
Caseal's Lamia outfit is getting a Wand version. Makes me wonder what the latent will be.

Bellion
Feb 18, 2014, 08:06 PM
Welp, I know which wand I'll be hunting for. As long as it's not lame like 40% chance of nullifying knockback.

gigawuts
Feb 18, 2014, 08:26 PM
Caseal's Lamia outfit is getting a Wand version. Makes me wonder what the latent will be.

Given that Barbara (The Lamia set caseal) is a techer that casts ice, and given that they just fucking love giving wands latents for active skills on force, I'm expecting one of two things:
1. Freeze Ignition latent
2. Freeze Keep latent (doesn't require force, but it's unique and niche enough that I could see them giving it to an 11* wand considering they hate techer with an undying, burning, olympic flame passion)

UnLucky
Feb 18, 2014, 08:34 PM
Wands get amazing latents like 12% fire damage on a 7* weapon so that Techer can be completely separate from Force without requiring all those element specific Masteries and such.

Crafted Mace of Adaman Te/Fi pure caster is so very much effective

gigawuts
Feb 18, 2014, 08:35 PM
Don't forget the steampunk wand, which like every other steampunk weapon has a latent that gives bonus damage based around an active skill techer has - photon flarwait shit

I'm still completely amused by how weak the Element Weak Hit latent is, and how no wand gets it. Wired lances? Yep! Rods? Yep! Even launchers get a pseudo-EWH latent. Wands? Psh, give those photon flare.

Inazuma
Feb 18, 2014, 08:47 PM
Given that Barbara (The Lamia set caseal) is a techer that casts ice, and given that they just fucking love giving wands latents for active skills on force, I'm expecting one of two things:
1. Freeze Ignition latent
2. Freeze Keep latent (doesn't require force, but it's unique and niche enough that I could see them giving it to an 11* wand considering they hate techer with an undying, burning, olympic flame passion)

As cool as it would be to have latents based on freezing, you wouldn't be able to use them 99% of the time because enemies don't survive long enough.

The only time freezing could actually do something is on the small nunber of bosses who can be frozen.

What Sega really needs to do is adjust the balance so enemies can survive longer than one second. While it's fun to destroy everything instantly, there is no thought process or sense of strategy. Add 75% HP to the enemies for every additional player in the party, along with exp and drop rate boosts. They should also increase the amount of enemies that spawn way more than they do now. Bosses are no exception.

Imagine fighting 24 bosses at once, all with way more the normal HP, in a 12 player party. Maybe then the bosses would survive longer than 5 seconds.

strikerhunter
Feb 18, 2014, 09:47 PM
As cool as it would be to have latents based on freezing, you wouldn't be able to use them 99% of the time because enemies don't survive long enough.

The only time freezing could actually do something is on the small nunber of bosses who can be frozen.

What Sega really needs to do is adjust the balance so enemies can survive longer than one second. While it's fun to destroy everything instantly, there is no thought process or sense of strategy. Add 75% HP to the enemies for every additional player in the party, along with exp and drop rate boosts. They should also increase the amount of enemies that spawn way more than they do now. Bosses are no exception.

Imagine fighting 24 bosses at once, all with way more the normal HP, in a 12 player party. Maybe then the bosses would survive longer than 5 seconds.

They could also not nerf mobs and bosses, remember when Aculpus use to be a thing everyone feared and boosted Orgas taking forever to kill with a full MPa or when Wolg was actually a threat before its nerf or when...........well you get the point.

My only reaction is: Why the FK do mobs do near same damage as bosses =_=

As for the freeze keep latent, I except to see ice related latent in at least 1 of the new 11*s coming from SHAQ and new XQ 11*s.

IMO, the game as of now, the only good place for freeze is probably TD EQ but even then mobs are dying fast (if not faster than in expo MPAs) but I guess making sure nothing hits the tower seems fine............

Arksenth
Feb 18, 2014, 10:32 PM
SH AQs actually seem like they'd pose a threat mob-wise with the SH Infection cores everywhere and huge mob swarms. I imagine the orbs homing everywhere would create a bit of a bullet hell.

UnLucky
Feb 18, 2014, 10:35 PM
The thing is, if mobs are really strong or resilient, people will MPA grind somewhere else where the enemies die faster for more total exp and drops.

If a boss has 3 million HP, it's not worth killing if it's not going to drop anything, and gives the same EXP as a boss with 500k. It might even be more worthwhile to telepipe and reset the quest to kill more mobs instead of waste all that time fighting a single boss.

And if you're in the mission solo, it's not even worth acknowledging such a pain in the ass at all.

People complained because they wanted to farm Coast mobs that dropped the good things. If Acapulco and Old Bran were completely taken out of the game, the vast majority of players wouldn't have even cared because all they wanted was an Agito.

Challenge impedes progress in this game. If people could set up a macro to AFK farm, they would. And they'd get more than most legit players doing the same thing manually. The most rewarding thing is to join 11 other people and let them blast enemies away before you can even blink.

Which is why enemies should scale with nearby players instead of only more spawns. It would also help for the Vita version, too, since it could tweak some numbers to limit spawn rates but shift it elsewhere. More players = more mobs with more HP, which give more EXP/MST/RDR.

strikerhunter
Feb 18, 2014, 10:39 PM
Which is why enemies should scale with nearby players instead of only more spawns. It would also help for the Vita version, too, since it could tweak some numbers to limit spawn rates but shift it elsewhere. More players = more mobs with more HP, which give more EXP/MST/RDR.

If I remember correctly, isn't there a hidden exp bonus for having more members/players in a MPA?

But yea, more players should mean harder mobs for better rewards rather than just more mobs.

UnLucky
Feb 18, 2014, 10:44 PM
You get +5% EXP per member in your party, not the MPA.

You don't count as in a party if you're solo, so you won't get your "own" 5% unless you're with someone else.

But that goes completely against the whole "effort vs reward" thing

strikerhunter
Feb 18, 2014, 10:48 PM
You get +5% EXP per member in your party, not the MPA.

You don't count as in a party if you're solo, so you won't get your "own" 5% unless you're with someone else.

But that goes completely against the whole "effort vs reward" thing

Thought it was party members only but that would only encourage partying but yea it would still go against the "effort vs reward" ideal.

LonelyGaruga
Feb 18, 2014, 11:05 PM
Welp, I know which wand I'll be hunting for. As long as it's not lame like 40% chance of nullifying knockback.

Incidentally, Sega stealth buffed that potential. Best I can make out of the translation, it now heals whenever it activates as well. Not that it's much better now.

Also, might point out to the people replying to Gigawuts' remark on the Lamia Wand: It's deliberately a bad latent. That's the joke. Though, might as well point out that the Heretic weapons have the Immediate Strike/Justice potentials despite having nothing thematic in common with Gettemhult, and there are only two Wands that have a potential buffing Force class active skills (Hunter gets three, and if the potentials remain the same, will get a fourth one in the form of VC SH AQ's Pyroxene Wand). Admittedly, the steampunk Wand being one of those two weapons is extremely glaring when, as stated, nearly all of them match otherwise (Knuckles and TMG are exceptions, though the latter still have an appropriate potential, just not one that matches a class skill).

Personally doubt any of the 11* weapons that randomly drop from SH AQs will have a potential yet. Sega implemented every single XQ 11* that randomly dropped without giving any of them a potential. It was only after later updates that they started adding potentials to them, and it took them as long as the most recent potential update to make sure that all of them had a potential. I expect they would pull the same thing here. Either way, I don't think they're going to take Barbara into account for the potential, but the only precedence for releasing weapons themed on outfits that are actually worn by characters is Gettemhult, so it's difficult to say with certainty, particularly since Gettemhult does not use WL/TMG/Talis, whereas Barbara does use wands.

Though, in the video shown, the female Cast has a color scheme identical to the one shown in both the concept art and the release trailer for the Lamia set, as opposed to Barbara's colors, and she uses Megid instead of an ice tech. My money's on a dark boosting potential going off just that, but to say that's a little shaky is to say that water is wet.

EDIT: Actually, kinda curious: Since this is a guide, is it actually appropriate to discuss these matters here instead of another thread entirely?

Arksenth
Feb 18, 2014, 11:51 PM
IT IS MY GUIDE AND ANY TECHER AND WAND TALK IS WELCOME.

Gunners and Bravers, however, are not allowed.

You can't sit with us!

Dark Emerald EXE
Feb 18, 2014, 11:55 PM

So if im getting this right....
If I have Surukurai (10* Forest TMG)
With the SHAQ stones i can upgrade it again?

IT IS MY GUIDE AND ANY TECHER AND WAND TALK IS WELCOME.

Gunners and Bravers, however, are not allowed.

You can't sit with us!
Does it count if im Gunner at heart but possibly willing to try it? :P
How does Dewman fair....with TE/FI?

Arksenth
Feb 18, 2014, 11:57 PM

Does it count if im Gunner at heart but possibly willing to try it? :P
How does Dewman fair....with TE/FI?

Presumably you'll also lose your element, grind, latent and affixes, so it might just make more sense to get a new Surukurai just to keep the tricked out old one around. It's only 90 stones anyway.

And I thought we all knew that races are pretty much just for looks by now.

strikerhunter
Feb 19, 2014, 12:02 AM

Was it even confirmed to be an upgraded weapon in the SH AQ stones list?

Dark Emerald EXE
Feb 19, 2014, 12:24 AM
Presumably you'll also lose your element, grind, latent and affixes, so it might just make more sense to get a new Surukurai just to keep the tricked out old one around. It's only 90 stones anyway.

And I thought we all knew that races are pretty much just for looks by now.
Provided my current twins are lvl3 ZE Y9K i wouldnt be too concerned.... even those those are lightly stronger then y9k attack wise.... *shrugs*

UnLucky
Feb 19, 2014, 12:34 AM
I'd still keep it for affix fodder rather than trading it in

Arksenth
Feb 19, 2014, 12:43 AM
Assuming that SH AQs drop III affixes like before, the affix market might start getting more reasonable again. I mean, sometimes I don't really notice the difference in terms of dent on my wallet and then I look in my inventory and see all of these AQ pyroxyenes with 5s and three IIIs on them that I made for just a fraction of the cost, and then I'm like "yeah, things have really changed."

UnLucky
Feb 19, 2014, 01:01 AM
Watch them drop Stat IV and be completely worthless

Arksenth
Feb 19, 2014, 01:03 AM
Well, two stat IVs is still 60% transfer; and they say they're going to boost unlocking slot rates, so maybe it won't be TOO bad.

HAHAHAHAHA no it is terrible don't even try arksenth no

strikerhunter
Feb 19, 2014, 01:06 AM
Well, two stat IVs is still 60% transfer; and they say they're going to boost unlocking slot rates, so maybe it won't be TOO bad.

HAHAHAHAHA no it is terrible don't even try arksenth no

Well Sega did said something bout making grinding and affixing easier around early March. Isn't this a bit suspicious especially with the fact that both the grind/affix update along with SHAQ update all releases together during the possible +10% affix/grind period?

UnLucky
Feb 19, 2014, 01:26 AM
They're raising slot expansion by 5% 10% of the original rate, which is worse than a +10% event because it multiplies with the other rates instead of adding. [Ed]: And can even be worse than a +5% event depending on the materials used.

Example:

100/80/60/50 staying 4s
60/48/36/30 expanding from 3s
65/53/41/35 with a +5% boost ticket or event
[S]65/52/39/32 after the change without boosters [Ed]: it will be 66%, not 65%
66/52/39/33 after the March update

AFAIK there is no boost to plain old affix transfer without expansion, so Stat IV is still retarded (60% with two pieces in the mix, 80% with all three)

strikerhunter
Feb 19, 2014, 02:18 AM
Hahahaha I guess it was too good to be true then.

milranduil
Feb 19, 2014, 02:27 AM
They're raising slot expansion by 5%, which is worse than a +5% event because it multiplies with the other rates instead of adding.

Example:

[Spirita I / Ability I / Burn I / Rappy Soul]
100/80/60/50 staying 4s
60/48/36/30 expanding from 3s
65/53/41/35 with a +5% boost ticket or event
65/52/39/32 after the change without boosters

AFAIK there is no boost to plain old affix transfer without expansion, so Stat IV is still retarded (60% with two pieces in the mix, 80% with all three)

I thought it was raising base expansion by 10%, not 5%. 50->55 60->66 etc.

Shinamori
Feb 19, 2014, 02:27 AM
So, basically, Sega sega'd, as usual?

Asellus
Feb 19, 2014, 02:31 AM
Assuming that SH AQs drop III affixes like before, the affix market might start getting more reasonable again. I mean, sometimes I don't really notice the difference in terms of dent on my wallet and then I look in my inventory and see all of these AQ pyroxyenes with 5s and three IIIs on them that I made for just a fraction of the cost, and then I'm like "yeah, things have really changed."

Until level 70 happens.

Hahahaha I guess it was too good to be true then.

Where was the confusion, how did you not clearly understand "slot expansion." No affix boost for you.

UnLucky
Feb 19, 2014, 02:55 AM
I thought it was raising base expansion by 10%, not 5%. 50->55 60->66 etc.

Ok, I found the picture. And you're right.

Using 100/60/60/40:
http://i.imgur.com/swdfRuD.jpg

Slot expansion penalty for 3->4s will be 66% from 60%, so it's a bit better for lower affix amount.

Still, if you want to try to force a Soul/StatIII/Ticket from 2s, it would likely give you 38/61/77 without boosters (it would be 35/56/70 right now), so that's the equivalent of a +3/4/7 boost ticket or event.

So if you're pushing slots with 100% transfer rates like a high IQ player, you'll get the biggest boost from this change. If you're the type to #yoloswag420 the lowest rates possible because "it's all RNG anyway" then you'll get dicked.

qoxolg
Feb 19, 2014, 03:33 AM
Wands get amazing latents like 12% fire damage on a 7* weapon so that Techer can be completely separate from Force without requiring all those element specific Masteries and such.

Crafted Mace of Adaman Te/Fi pure caster is so very much effective

It's just mind boggling! The only thing I can think of is that the guys that do weapons and the guys that do the skill trees are two completely different departments at SEGA :-?

Sure, wind, dark and light tech latents seem reasonable, but why the hell fire, ice and lightning? Rods only get like light and dark latents? Elysions latent and Magical Piece' latent should've been on a Rod.

Why does wand not have any good melee or wand explosion latents? Elysion should've been something like +100% wand explosion damage or increased radius. It was a freakin saber in PSO1 that could spit free foie and it still looks like one, so why does it have a casting latent..

NNNNNNNGGGGGG

UnLucky
Feb 19, 2014, 04:04 AM
Stina has Fury Stance latent which boosts everything a pure wand explosion Techer would want!

Too bad it's 3% at lv3

I can't wait for an 11* wand with JA latent which wouldn't work for WG nor techs.

Sanguine2009
Feb 19, 2014, 04:30 AM
Elysions latent and Magical Piece' latent should've been on a Rod.

you want to take away the one wand that can do things rods cant? No, just no. techer needs that elysion. do you want techer to be even more underpowered than it is now? might as well take away our sazan as well while your at it right? :-?

Ratazana
Feb 19, 2014, 04:55 AM
What's the deal with all the Techers loitering here? Go make some money so you can afford a katana.

qoxolg
Feb 19, 2014, 04:56 AM
Stina has Fury Stance latent which boosts everything a pure wand explosion Techer would want!

Too bad it's 3% at lv3

I can't wait for an 11* wand with JA latent which wouldn't work for WG nor techs.

Lol yes.. 3%.. thats totally worth it! :wacko: and besides, as a female newman I can't even equip Stina without getting an S-ATK mag, which I currently don't have, because like most Techers, I started as a FO.

No, it will be better: It will automatically ignite Zondeel when touching it. At lv. 2 it will ignite when looking at it and at lv.3 it will ignite when thinking of it.

Other then that, the only thing I can think of, is it will boost the damage of Katana Combat.

ou want to take away the one wand that can do things rods cant? No, just no. techer needs that elysion. do you want techer to be even more underpowered than it is now? might as well take away our sazan as well while your at it right?

Make it a rod that can also be used be Techer, just like Elysion can be used by FO. It would be even faster, because Rod has a faster casting animation.

Wands already can do things Rod can, like wand explosions. Ever since the Talis boost, Rod is the weapon that needs good and unique teching latents. In SH imo FO needs a bigger fix then TE. Unless running in a full party, I find FO pretty terrible when running solo in SH.

EDIT:
@Rata:
Wuh wuts a katana? Guess I'll bump the Techer tread in a bit :wacko:

Shinamori
Feb 19, 2014, 06:14 AM
Elysions latent and Magical Piece' latent should've been on a Rod.

But um, isn't Elyions multi-class? So....:-?

Also, back to affixing, is Photon Collect worth the 2 cubes?

MetalDude
Feb 19, 2014, 10:44 AM
Wand has a worse casting animation, which is why a casting-centric latent would have been preferred on a rod instead.

Arksenth
Feb 19, 2014, 12:14 PM
What's the deal with all the Techers loitering here? Go make some money so you can afford a katana.

Please! Come back when you need to buy and triple latent four 10*s and two 11*s to make your class even remotely viable, you poor person!

The only reason you're not playing TE is because you're too poor!

I know I am so rich and pretty!

Ohohohohohohohohohoho!

Drifting Fable
Mar 5, 2014, 07:40 PM
Alright lets say I'm morbidly insane enough to gather 1 billion meseta.

Would most of my income come from making fodders or simply hunting for the expensive rare drops or something?

Considering I've yet to own more than single digit mill values at a time, I'm unsure of how I should be spending my time towards this soul crushing endeavor.

qoxolg
Mar 6, 2014, 12:27 AM
Depends on how much time you want to invest in it, instead of actual playing. I make most meseta by simply playing this game.

1. Get levelcap bonus and collect 10*s for ex cubes and exchange them for FUN tickets. Sell your scratched items for profit.
2. Currently, play SHAQ's as a FO or TE, because lv11+ tech discs drop like candy. This should get you a nice little income. Blue weapons also give a chance of 6 Rubiards.
3. Play SHAQ's and sell fodders.

See? You can get a very decent income by just playing the game!

Now what else can you do?
4. Simply buying and reselling! Search for gaps in prices. Search for people that put up mizer/shoot/x or Vol/power/x stuff for low prices. Search for popular AC or FUN scratch items that are out of the scratch that have a nice price gap.
5. Affixing fodder, though this requires more effort then the stuff listed above.

99. TACO's. I simply see this as work, and the last thing Inwould like to do after a long day of work, is work even more.

Macmaxi
Apr 20, 2014, 09:40 AM
I have been wondering, did the usefulness of the FUN Shop change over the time? I can't really find any items i can sell for much value. I was thinking about buying things like Remodel Room for 5000 FUN which yield about 1m at times on Ship4 and it seems quite stable. Right now selling the Grind and Affix items seems to more lucrative, as i get 50 scratches and i only need a few of those to get the 1m in.

Generally confused about the value of FUN and how to effectively make it into money.

Vetur
Apr 20, 2014, 11:28 AM
On getting a shop: in my practice, certain squares will have certain item pools for each individual player (although some items are shared between pools). These item pools will change between rotations. Thus, if you get a shop on a certain square for one rotation, it would be wise to repeat that square over and over again for the duration of the rotation, as that's the square that spawns shops - I can typically get 4+ shop tickets in a rotation by doing this if I locate the square early.

Wait... so you're saying of the 3 squares in scratch cards, they do differ in their prize pool? I thought it was all 100% random, from what someone told me a year ago. D:
Does it apply to AC scratch cards too?

Macmaxi
Apr 20, 2014, 11:36 AM
People like to think they figured out RNG or something, unless there is some hard evidence i wouldn't think to hard about. As long as you are clicking a square you are doing everything right.

qoxolg
Apr 20, 2014, 03:10 PM
From my experience with scratches, you either have hyper luck, or you don't.

For scratching I do the following:
I scratch the first square. If it gets me Grind risk reduction +1 or Grind succes +5% I will scratch it again. Else I wil move to the second square. If I did get one of those items, I keep scratching that square until I get 3 other items in a row. In the worst case I do 3 scratches and get nothing and I stop so I won't waste anymore FUN.

This way I either lose 300FUN when no luck and when I get Hyper luck I sometimes get like 15 of above items out of 20 scratches.

I do believe the RNG in this game works with bursts of hyper luck and then nothing for a long time. I usually get multiple 11*'s in one SHAQ and then none for a lot of runs.

Silver Crow
Apr 21, 2014, 06:19 AM
Mathematical way of FUN Scratching:

1) Wait until you have around 1,000 FUN
2) Start with first box, keep scratching until Grind Risk +2
3) Go to second, third box, keep scratching until Grind Risk +2
4) Keep switching boxes as soon as you get a Grind Risk +2, don't do it in order anymore, switch to box that took most tries to get Grind Risk +2
5) Done, next time start with the box you got most unlucky with, since mathematically, that box should now have a higher chance of Grind Risk +2

Real life figures differ. Luck plays a huge part, as with anything.

It works pretty well for me at least, i get around 300k meseta per 1000 fun on average. Which isn't too bad...

Triple_S
Apr 21, 2014, 12:00 PM
Gee, it sure is Gambler's Fallacy around here.
well sorta