PDA

View Full Version : No sound at all

Tenlade
Dec 26, 2013, 12:44 PM
reinstalled windows and PSO2 on my computer, and oddly enough the game won't play any sound at all. Made sure everything was updated, sound options are on, and it doesn't even show up in Windows 7's sound mixer.

Any ideas what I could have missed/might be the cause of the problem?

Link1275
Dec 26, 2013, 02:16 PM
reinstalled windows and PSO2 on my computer, and oddly enough the game won't play any sound at all. Made sure everything was updated, sound options are on, and it doesn't even show up in Windows 7's sound mixer.

If all sound sliders are set to 100 in options(in-game) and it still doesn't play any sound at all, then you need to do a file check.

jooozek
Dec 26, 2013, 02:24 PM

if you have an AMD gpu you might have to disable AMD High Definition Audio Device in the hardware manager (check in dxdiag if you are actually getting sound hardware acceleration, type or w/e it is called in the english version should be WDM and not emulated)

Tenlade
Dec 26, 2013, 03:11 PM
if you have an AMD gpu you might have to disable AMD High Definition Audio Device in the hardware manager (check in dxdiag if you are actually getting sound hardware acceleration, type or w/e it is called in the english version should be WDM and not emulated)

tried this, installed the correct sound drivers, and oddly enough pso2 still doesnt play any sound (everything else plays sound just fine). Thanks for reminding me to install the right sound drivers and not what windows update thinks is right.

Filechecking time i guess. Edit: nope, filecheck didnt fix a thing.

jooozek
Dec 26, 2013, 06:30 PM
did you check dxdiag? are you actually getting WDM? you could get stuff sound but the card could still work in the emulated mode

Tenlade
Dec 26, 2013, 08:38 PM
Did check and yes, Getting WDM. Ran file check again, rebooted pc after updating drivers (video, sound or otherwise), double checked all sound options and still nothing.

Other games work fine and this started yesterday so I have to guess it was something with the update causing it. Deleting the gameguard folder and having it redownload itself didn't fix it either. Well, I'm out of ideas.

Link1275
Dec 26, 2013, 08:43 PM
Did check and yes, Getting WDM. Ran file check again, rebooted pc after updating drivers (video, sound or otherwise), double checked all sound options and still nothing.

Other games work fine and this started yesterday so I have to guess it was something with the update causing it. Deleting the gameguard folder and having it redownload itself didn't fix it either. Well, I'm out of ideas.
I know it's a longshot and probably not the case, but have you checked to make sure that your PC's volume doesn't get muted somehow when you launch PSO2?

That's the only thing that I have left as a possible suggestion atm.

Tenlade
Dec 26, 2013, 09:03 PM
I can play mp3s and youtube videos and hear those just fine while playing, its specifically pso2 and nothing else. Its really bizzare.

Link1275
Dec 26, 2013, 09:48 PM
I can play mp3s and youtube videos and hear those just fine while playing, its specifically pso2 and nothing else. Its really bizzare.
So file checks didn't turn up any missing sound files in the game, it wasn't a driver or hardware issue, and it is completely isolate to PSO2. It is an issue in PSO2 or something to do with with how PSO2 works/runs on your OS or PC.

Tenlade
Dec 28, 2013, 10:15 AM
Yeah, but im not sure exactly what though.

installed pso2 benchmark program, ran that, and it didnt get any sound either. So its not a problem with pso2's installation. I really am confused what it could be now.

Tenlade
Jan 2, 2014, 01:15 PM
Anyone else got a suggestion?

Tenlade
Jan 2, 2014, 04:04 PM
Ok figured it out. When I reinstalled windows i also installed the latest verison of direct x, which was directx11. Pso2 uses directx9.0c libraries, and while 11 worked, the sound didnt. Installing 9.0c fixed it.