PDA

View Full Version : Making a PURE twin dagger build.

Original_DFO
Dec 26, 2013, 11:08 PM
Just as the title says, daggers are the only weapon I haven't used seriously aside from dashing with Nikishi, but ever since they got their buffs and a good crowd control PA I been wanting to give them a serious shot.

I'm planning on a full left side of the hunter tree (of course) and maxed out fighter stances.

My main question is what are the best PA's for twin daggers? I know that new one Bloody something (sorry don't know the names well) is a very good PA. I know this because even with my non grinded non 50% elemental nikishi it does a lot of damage and with no gear (my fighter skill tree is only for hunter so i didn't get any gears since I wasn't using fighter weps)

Also, if you are planning to assist me please keep in mind that I only want the OP top tier PA'snot the ones you think look "kwell" I want the spammy ones and efficient ones.

Helpful comments will be appreciated.

SakoHaruo
Dec 26, 2013, 11:33 PM
PAs = Blood Sarabande (ブラッディサラバンド), Symphonic Drive (シンフォニックドライブ). The others are good too, but you said you want the best. You seem to know where all the damage multipliers are located. There's no such thing as a pure twin dagger build, you should use the other weapons if you want to be efficient in a party.

As for gear, get you a pair of Optreions or Akane while they're cheap.

Original_DFO
Dec 27, 2013, 12:44 AM
Thank you for the tips. But i'm sure ive seen JP players in JP TA runs just spamming like 2 pa's killing everything with just twin daggers =P

Another question since i dont have access to a brand new skill tree (I would need 2 one for hunter and one for fighter) how does the twin dagger gear work? Can you please explain that to me?

My friend said that i should wait for next year in early Jan because we will get free skill reset passes.

SakoHaruo
Dec 27, 2013, 01:00 AM
To fill the gear, all you you need to do is stay in the air (meaning off the ground/surface). PA attacks can fill the bar or you can fill it quickly by spamming the weapon action button ( the spin/tornado drill parry thingy or whatever). What this does is increase the damage output of your attacks as long as you stay in the air. it's pretty easy maintain too.

I don't know what video you're talking about, but I can guarantee you it wasn't the most efficient TA run. Maybe Nab II SH is efficient with Daggers only, but not as much in the other missions.

I would recommend you level Techer class just a little bit, as I believe Techer is guaranteed a reset pass in one of the later updates.

UnLucky
Dec 27, 2013, 01:07 AM
Well you'll probably want to use Raging Waltz as well, but mostly for positioning and not really the damage.

And yeah, there's not exactly a "twin dagger build" so just make sure to have the Gear and good skills.

Kikikiki
Dec 27, 2013, 01:24 AM
>FI

>PURE

wow much kiri2

SakoHaruo
Dec 27, 2013, 01:24 AM
As much as I love RW I stop using it after SD got that nice buff. They pretty much do the same thing except SD gets the job with one JA. RW is weaker but has quicker start up while SD is slower but way more powerful. I always use dark TDs because they're highly effective against Dark Dragons. You could go Fire/Light too, but you only need those elements for soloing Ragne. Oh, and of course, they're really good against SH mob.

TaigaUC
Dec 27, 2013, 03:06 AM
There isn't really any purity to specify.
You're pretty much either a Fighter or not a Fighter.

Original_DFO
Dec 27, 2013, 03:23 AM
There isn't really any purity to specify.
You're pretty much either a Fighter or not a Fighter.

Daggers are really the only weapon that I like from fighter. That's why i'm planning on using daggers only. Since daggers will be my main weapon (as with hunter it was sword) i want to be as efficient as I possibly can with them.

I'll probably still use my gun braver for trash mobs in normal and hard TA's since it can kill quicker. (Yes I do normal and hard ta's still, I want all the monies I can get!)

Another cool thing about being fighter with the operion daggers is that those don't cause lag and I wont have to switch weapons cuz I can simply just JA a PA out of the step attack.

hoangsea
Dec 27, 2013, 06:07 AM
actually all weapons have their use

knuckle - back hand smash - quick burst dmg
dagger - raging walz - postioning
dagger - symphonic drive - single target dps
dagger - bloody sarabande - aoe clear - safe spaming PA due of auto guard
saber - acro effect - combine with saber gear for more dmg - single target PA in an almost invincible mode because of the auto guard
saber - deadly acher - for bosses (except banther and hunar)

you don't rl will have an dagger specific build because most of ppl with get 2 stance, pp slayer or chase build
those weapon gear skill just in the stance way so spending 3 sp to all gear is not really a waste

Original_DFO
Dec 27, 2013, 03:16 PM
Another question, how is the little jumpy twisty thing suppsoed to be used? is it like the just guard from sword?

HeyItsTHK
Jan 3, 2014, 03:41 AM
You can use it like that yeah, a nice 360 just guard, which helps with attacks that may end up behind you like Falz meteors (if you're one of those gutsy types that like to parry them like me) or Ragne jumps.

Terrence
Jan 3, 2014, 06:19 AM
Here's my build (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06tNbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkIYIkbnIk0lbI n0000000jebsOGAcBGFcBeAio0000ib000000lb000009b0000 00j4O7d52J2Ikibqn00000Ib000008) as a FIghter/TEcher using Twin Daggers only. I play with five Nishikis +10 with Potential Lv3 (Fire, Ice, Thunder, Light and Dark all 50). With the help of Element Weak Hit, I'm far more efficient in SH than I used to be with my Optreion. Maybe I'll do the same with those new red and black Twin Daggers...

TaigaUC
Jan 3, 2014, 12:39 PM
New skill: "Jumpy Twisty Thing".
Increases damage by 200% after jumping and twisting. Thing.

Original_DFO
Jan 3, 2014, 02:13 PM
You can use it like that yeah, a nice 360 just guard, which helps with attacks that may end up behind you like Falz meteors (if you're one of those gutsy types that like to parry them like me) or Ragne jumps.

That's pretty sweet, especially since you can JA out of it too :D