PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Comparing TMGs

Edgewood
Dec 29, 2013, 03:10 PM
Hi there,

So I'm interested in buying a Code Shaft and I'm curious as to how it stacks up to my current Pandora Extreme. I'm not aware of how PSO2 does damage calc (I was told in these forums in the past that adding up percentages from Skills and Potentials isn't actually how the game calculates damage), so I'm not sure if the difference in the two guns' potentials evens them out or not. For argument's sake:

+10 Pandora Extreme has 955 RATK; Lv 3 Potential is a 5% damage boost (Perfect Keeper extension)

+10 Code Shaft has 896 RATK; Lv 3 Potential is a 7% damage boost against weak spots

Can someone help me run calc for both Gu/Ra and Gu/Hu or link me to some place where I can find formulas?

NexusAZ
Dec 29, 2013, 03:40 PM
The boost are multiplicative, not additive. I'm not exactly sure if there's a specified order though. With that being said, I don't want to give a formula I'm not entirely sure of.

As fas the the mechs go, I would keep the Pandora Extreme personally. Just in R-ATK, you would be losing about 3% damage, so the Latent of the Code Shaft wouldn't really be beneficial. If you wanted a good pair of Crushing Blow mechs, go with the Pao Houou (パオホウオウ) instead. They have slightly higher R-ATK than the Pandora Extreme and I don't think they're very expensive for a vanilla set at the moment.

Edgewood
Dec 29, 2013, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the information. I wasn't looking for Crushing Blow, I just visually appreciate the Code Shaft and was wondering if the switch from PandEx would be justified. I prefer straight damage boosts like Perfect Calamity and Immediate Strike.

NexusAZ
Dec 29, 2013, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the information. I wasn't looking for Crushing Blow, I just visually appreciate the Code Shaft and was wondering if the switch from PandEx would be justified. I prefer straight damage boosts like Perfect Calamity and Immediate Strike.

Ah, I gotcha. On weak-points, you wouldn't really notice the damage difference. The same can't be said anywhere else though. The damage drop would be significant enough that it's quite noticeable. If you want to use them for the looks though, more power to you. It's all up to you on that front. You don't need the best gear to still be effective, so I say go for it.