PDA

View Full Version : Playing for a while still confused...

Wingboots
Jan 1, 2014, 02:44 AM
Am I playing the game correctly?:: At first I got all the client orders i could, (the only ones worth it seem to be 10k+ exp) then I grinded whatever I needed to grind. Around level 20 it got really slow.... so then i just sat in town and waited for EQs to pop, I've done 2 EQs and made more progress than I did grinding the game the way it's supposed to be grinded (im level 31 right now cause of 2 EQs that's 11 levels in like 1 hour or less). I'm starting to think that all of you people that are sitting in town all the time are probably doing the same thing am i right? lol or is there a more efficient way to play the game. TBH the game isn't too linear some of the client orders make you go backwards regardless of progress you've made with that client :-?

I heard that you can use the support partner to do the gathering client orders but unless it gets better as they level up I don't find it too efficient. My support usually gets less then half of the "x" needed for quest when within that 1 hour it took to gather less then half I would have had the whole amount.

I'm not saying the game is bad, I played Episode 1 & 2 on gamecube a long time ago so I wasn't too surprised with the grind but does it get better? or have I been spoiled by "mainstream" MMOs like WOW where a path is set and given to you/easy to follow. I mean PSO2 doesnt even have a minimap in town just incase your missing client orders?

jooozek
Jan 1, 2014, 03:07 AM
the grind only gets worse so yeah
support partners can do up to 10 orders at once and do get better with levels/affinity but each adds a hour of waiting so basically still borderline useless

Wingboots
Jan 1, 2014, 03:15 AM
the grind only gets worse so yeah
support partners can do up to 10 orders at once and do get better with levels/affinity but each adds a hour of waiting so basically still borderline useless

I figured the grind might get worse but that's expected in any MMO. Atleast the support limit increases from 3 orders at a time, I guess it's a plus! Won't quit on this game though, trying my hardest to see end game or whatever there is of that.

landman
Jan 1, 2014, 03:49 AM
You want to do lots of CO because some characters will unlock their best ones once you have completed the previous ones and/or enough of them to make them happy with you. Once you have all available COs it's very easy to get around 100k exp on some areas only from COs in about half an hour or less.

musicmf
Jan 1, 2014, 04:46 AM
Yeah, it's a bit annoying to go through and unlock them. But when it's done, you can do stuff like; Super Hard Sanctum and Hard Sanctum TA runs.
- Hard Sanctum TA CO [6k exp, 65k Meseta]
- Very Hard Sanctum TA CO [12k exp, 100k Meseta]
- 1x Caterdra'n CO [1.6k exp, 350 meseta]
- 1x Vol Dragon CO [1.7k exp, 400 meseta]
- 1x Vol Dragon (Lv60+) CO [36k exp, 1.1k Meseta]
- 2x Caterdra'nsa CO [15k exp, 1k Meseta]
- 2x Quartz Dragon CO [17k exp, 1k Meseta]
- 1x Quartz Dragon (Lv60+) CO [13.5k exp, 1.2k Meseta]
- 60 Dragonkin in Sanctum CO [28k exp, 1k Meseta]
- 3x Dirandal Weakspot [7.1k exp, 10k Meseta]

All at once for 137,900 exp, 181,050 Meseta.

You'll also get:
- 1/2 Goronzoran [13k exp, 1.1k Meseta]
- 63/70 Lv60+ Dragonkin [29.5k exp, 1.2k Meseta]
(You can run the first room of SH ahead to clean up the dragonkin, then abandon)
- (Halfish) of the Dicahda [7k exp, 900 meseta]
- (Halfish) of the Predicahda [8k exp, 1k meseta]

For an additional 57,500 exp and 4,200 Meseta when you complete those.

Not too bad for a quick run on those two quests. (Especially if you run it with 3 others)

There are many other combinations you can set up to get a good 10~15 COs that are worth it done with 1~2 quests only. I won't go and list these all.
But it's just nice when you have them unlocked and you can easily access a bunch to tailor to the area you are going to go anyway.

--------

Support partners are pretty much to collect extra materials for you. Either to sell in the player shop, or to use repeatedly to level yourself. Especially when you send the Support partner to gather 10 different items while you sleep.

They aren't really well suited to use solely to unlock Franka's new COs. If you want to unlock them for the first time, just throw 400~600k Meseta into the player shops and complete them all in 20 minutes.

Otherwise, I sometimes use the support partner to get some holiday rappy drops, since they always seem to have one Xie client order for them. I'd rather send my partner out for 1 hour to complete it, instead of running around and hoping I find the Rappys. (I can just run TA COs or something during the hour anyway).

-------

The grind isn't really bad. On your first class you get rushed in levels by Koffee so fast, it isn't even funny. Should get you to 35~40 easy.
Some of the EQ like Falz Arms also levels you quite fast, so 20~45 should also be quite easy.

(Alts can make use of Falz, or Franka CO Turnins)

It's just that at 45~55 the grind is annoying. The exp curve has already peaked out kinda at this point, but your exp gain doesn't get any better until you reach level 55.

Once your in Super Hard difficulty at 55, you fly to 65, you don't even have to try.
Simply hunting for matterboard items, completing random quests for Bingo/campaign orders, doing Time Attacks for money, or simply Grinding out any Emergency Quest that arrives will net you a huge chunk of experience on SuperHard.

The real grind of this game is hunting for your strongest weapon, and then giving it 4+ good affixes, unlocking it's 3 potentials (if 11*+ it can be pricy). Dudu and Monica make these steps very grind-y.
「何用かね」

TaigaUC
Jan 1, 2014, 10:07 AM
PSO2 is kinda unorthodox compared to other games (in a bad, clunky way).
Took me a while to get used to as well.
I had a friend who quit because he couldn't get used to it.

I don't recall PSO1 being anywhere near as clunky.

Wingboots
Jan 1, 2014, 12:32 PM
Thanks alot for the replies guys atleast I know now all the grind and stuff was just in my head ^^; @musicmf thanks alot for the informative post! Got some great info there that I didn't know.