PDA

View Full Version : Where put .bin files (PSO2)

namato
Jan 1, 2014, 11:35 AM
----*------*-------*-------*-------*------*-----
TL;DR: What is the location of the .bin files in your PSO2 game folder?
----*------*-------*-------*-------*------*-----

Hello! I have been trying for two days not to install the game to no avail. When I tried downloading it normally, it simply took too long, and my internet is too unstable to allow it to download for extended amounts of time, so downloading it this way would take an eternity.

I found a torrent, and downloaded that instead. It is 3.3 GB, which research tells me is the file size of the completed game. The files downloaded were:
PSO2_SETUP.exe
PSO2_SETUP-1.bin
PSO2_SETUP-2.bin

If I click the .exe file, the basics of the game install and eventually the game launcher comes up. However, when I click the giant "Game Start / ゲームスタート" button the Working/Download/Installed bars come up and it don't move much in two hours.

I think my problem is I am not putting the .bin files where they need to be? Could someone tell me where to put them, please?

**edit: I am currently working on downloading this person's torrent (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2983399).. which is 15.1 GB! Is this the correct file size? Was my torrent outdated?

namato
Jan 4, 2014, 02:31 PM
Thank you so much for all your hard work, AIDA! I have been playing the game for two days now without a hitch and I love it! :D