PDA

View Full Version : How to do dmg as force

sammyjo06
Jan 2, 2014, 01:33 AM
I'm sorry if this is already somewhere on here -- I've googled it and searched on the forums here, but I've yet to find what I'm looking for.

I'm a complete beginner. My subclass is techer. I don't know what to do....a step-by-step of what I should do would be ideal.

I use a 9* rod which I've grinded to +8. I have a setup with my 6 weapon slots all with the same weapon each with a different element and i choose based on the weakness of the enemy.

Yet, I seem to do no damage. I know about just attacks and how to do the charging. My spells hit for almost nothing and everyone else does far more damage than I do. In the sanctum timed attack, they have almost killed the first dragon (before the 2 caterdanasa or however you spell it) by the time I finish killing my 3 dragons where you all stand on the button.

My skill tree goes into fire and lightning. My mag is all t-atk.

Any help is much appreciated :).

Rakurai
Jan 2, 2014, 02:02 AM
Force and Techer are just bad at single target damage, even if you're specced properly.

On normal enemies, you're probably best off hitting them with AoE techs to keep staggered and immobile or using Zondeel to gather them together to help others kill them off faster.

For bosses, Na Foie spam in conjunction with a PP regen effect is the best way to do damage if you're fire spec. Otherwise, Na Megid is generally the best (With the exception of Falz Hunar and Dark Falz Elder, due to their huge amount of Dark resist).

Ratazana
Jan 2, 2014, 02:06 AM
damage? force? hahaha good one
what?! are you serious? ok:

1. Reroll a Gunner/Hunter or Braver/Hunter and get it to lvl 50.
2. Spam Tower Defence until you get an Elysion.
3. Get Sazan 16.
4. Go back to guhu or brhu disgusted that even with Elysion Force can't compare to those classes.

UnLucky
Jan 2, 2014, 02:15 AM
If you're subbing Techer, use Dark techs with full Dark Masteries against enemies in the Sanctum.

In Naberius, have a tree with full Fire or Wind.

In Lillipa, spec Lightning

Caves/Seabed: Ice

Always JA and fully charge your techs (unless you have an Elysion). Get Talis Tech Bonus and use a talis whenever you can, otherwise use a rod.

Against large groups of mobs, start with a Zondeel to pull them in, unless you can already hit all of them easily with an AoE tech (Gifoie, Gibarta, Zan). Nafoie, Sazan, and Ra/Gimegid work very nicely after a Zondeel.

Against a boss, Nafoie, Sazonde, Sazan, and Namegid are the strongest. If you don't feel safe enough to fully charge Namegid, or the boss moves out of range too much, then try Samegid instead.

Though despite all that, the damage output still isn't top DPS or anything. And if you don't want/can't get multiple skill trees, level up Fighter as a sub and only use a single element.

GALEFORCE
Jan 2, 2014, 04:11 AM
While it partially seems to be your gear (basing that on you using a +8 rod), forces, as mentioned, just suck at single target DPS. That said, I'm presuming you're still in vh or lower, where forces can at least manage respectable damage output. Maybe tell us what your gear is, your spec, and your technique choices.

sammyjo06
Jan 2, 2014, 05:02 AM
Well, I am level 51, but I have been carried by friends that do a lot of damage. The two of them pretty much just kill everything and I buff/heal them or they tell me to pull things in for them. But I would like to be more useful and actually put out a bit of damage too.

I usually just select a spell based on elemental weakness...If there's just 1 enemy, I use the single-target version of the spell and if there are multiple I use the aoe (the one with the square icon usually, or also safoie with fire).

If there is no elemental weakness, I choose fire and if there is more than 1 elemental weakness, I choose one where I have the most points in to increase its damage. For example, the little birds that are weak to wind and light I use light spells because I have points in light but not wind.

It just seems to take me forever to do anything....They accumulate 2 photon blasts for every 1 of mine. Whenever timed attacks split you up to attack the bosses on your own, they always have to come and help me once they're done with theirs. And while I sit there slowly dropping a drachyme's health, they have blasted through 3 of them already.

But I guess if force dmg isn't that good, it's normal? And I guess since I don't pay for the game I can't have multiple trees where I'm spec'd into different elements, which would also help me maximize my damage.

What is this sazan 16? Elysion? Never heard of them. Tower defense? Is that where I should use my triboost?

UnLucky
Jan 2, 2014, 05:17 AM
Well, this Force skill tree (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06bdbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkIYIkbnIkbnIkjdt9 bIn0000000lb000009b000000lb0000084OIk2XcK0Ibbn0000 lb0000000Ib000008) would be the highest damage you could deal at lv50 using Fire techs.

If you spent too many points in other skills, then your damage will suffer. And a Techer sub won't boost Fire (or Ice or Lightning) damage that much, so if you're not in an area weak to Wind/Light/Dark, then a Fighter or Braver sub would be stronger.

isCasted
Jan 2, 2014, 07:14 AM
As it was said before, elements play huge role for Forces, but it's not necessary to hit stuff with their weak elements. Usually it can come down to this: spam a single tech -> switch to gunslash to recover PP -> repeat. Yes, elemental masteries are the best way for SEGA to get money from skill trees, but you don't need many skill trees if your one is done right.

(Warning! Opinions coming)

Fo/Te
On Force tree get all general damage boosting skills (including talis bonus, fire charge and lightning PP save). After you do, spread last points among Fire/Lightning masteries (1 SP in Ice can be useful too). Talis will be your everything unless you'll want to use Nafoie or Nazonde.

On Techer's tree get PP Restorate (max it out!), Territory Burst and PP Convert (not necessary to max), 1 SP into Extend Assist. Spread last points among all masteries.

Don't go with a single element mastery. Don't go for any status effect boosts but Poison (because it's necessary for PP Convert). Don't go for EWH, it's a waste of your points (I'll explain that later).

Fo/Fi
On Figther's skill tree, obviously max out stances and Chase skills. Also, it's necessary to get Knuckles gear and Step Attack, so you could dash (something that Fo/Te can't do).

On Force tree, go with a single element...
...who am I kidding? Go pure Zonde, spam Zondeel and Zonde from talis and use Sazonde on Falz. Affix your weapons and armor with Technique Boost and other that stuff (do it while revival scratch is on).

...ok, that wasn't a good joke. You can still go pure Fire if you want and you'll actually get sense to use both Rod and Talis. It's simple: you use Talis to do damage faster with Foie (don't rely on Rafoie - it sucks because it didn't get buff at lv16); you use Rod for burst damage with Nafoie. Affix your weapons and units with everything that boosts PP, because fire is a huge PP drain, and having lots of PP will increase your DPS significantly compared to Technique affixes.

...Ice? What is it?

Neat bonus: HP. More so, if you have multiclass Rod and/or Talis, or even any Fighter weapons with T-ATK - you can go Fi/Fo. Your damage will be slightly lower than with Fo/Fi, but still higher than with Fo/Te, + much, MUCH more HP.

Fo/Br
You said that you do damage to everything with correct element, so this may fit you the most. Max out Weak Stance on Braver's tree and hit stuff with correct elements. Unlike most people may think, you don't need to hit weak spots with techs - you only need right element. More so, you don't need right element if you can hit weak spot (Strahda, Malmoth and Falz die here). Damage output is truly huge. (This is why I said you shouldn't go with EWH for Fo/Te: Fo/Te is good for PP and territory management - you'll get much more use from those skills).
Build of Force tree is same as for Fo/Te. Also, get Step Attack (dashing) and Snatch Step (in case you'll have to dodge while recharging PP with Gunslash).
You might want Avg Stance too.

Weaknesses of this build:
1) base T-ATK is lower than with Fo/Te or even Fo/Fi, so you might wait more until you can equip some weapon. It doesn't matter in endgame much, though;
2) if enemy is not weak to any element and doesn't have any weak spots (Quartz and Ex dragons until you break their parts, or if you fail some condition in XQ), you are forced to use Avg Stance, then your damage will be somewhat comparable to Fo/Te but lower than with Fo/Fi;
3) if mob is only weak to Dark. I'll explain: Dark techniques SUCK. Namegid is the only worthy one, but it's only for bossing.

Neat bonus: Vibrace Bow. Banishing Arrow + Namegid or Nafoie = win. But I wouldn't advise playing exclusively that way, because placing that arrow is very tricky - it travels slooooowly, and putting it from close range can get you OHKO'd. More so, it doesn't pay off if boss is not weak to Dark or Fire or has no weak spots. Saying that Banishing Arrow is best feature of Fo/Br is like saying that WB is the reason to play Fo/Ra (except Fo/Ra will actually have more base T-ATK and WB is generally much more reliable).

GALEFORCE
Jan 2, 2014, 08:19 AM
Well, like I pointed out, a +8 rod (a 9* at that) is no bueno. There's a big difference between +8 and +10. If your affixes don't have at least +60 tatk on each piece of gear (weapon, 3 units), you're also missing out on quite a bit of damage there. At this level, you should be working on a 10* rod and talis and one of the SH unit sets, preferably something that gives you a lot of pp. If you don't have premium, you could settle for AQ 10* weapons and farm vardha units from mega mech eq or use the purple wing set.

Certainly, it's normal for forces to be overshadowed at that stage of the game, but you could try to step up your gear. Might help. Might not. In the meantime, if you're playing with friends, you may just want to be support for them. Coordinate your zondeels with teammates so they can wipe out mobs for you (often my teammates will kill them before I can cast a follow-up on my FO). At bosses, make sure to cast zanverse whenever the boss has a long opening. 20% of your party's damage (esp a gu/hu or br/hu) is pretty good by FO standards, and you can even toss in your own techs while the field is running.

milranduil
Jan 2, 2014, 08:34 AM
As it was said before, elements play huge role for Forces, but it's not necessary to hit stuff with their weak elements. Usually it can come down to this: spam a single tech -> switch to gunslash to recover PP -> repeat. Yes, elemental masteries are the best way for SEGA to get money from skill trees, but you don't need many skill trees if your one is done right.

(Warning! Opinions coming)

Fo/Te
On Force tree get all general damage boosting skills (including talis bonus, fire charge and lightning PP save). After you do, spread last points among Fire/Lightning masteries (1 SP in Ice can be useful too). Talis will be your everything unless you'll want to use Nafoie or Nazonde.

On Techer's tree get PP Restorate (max it out!), Territory Burst and PP Convert (not necessary to max), 1 SP into Extend Assist. Spread last points among all masteries.

Don't go with a single element mastery. Don't go for any status effect boosts but Poison (because it's necessary for PP Convert). Don't go for EWH, it's a waste of your points (I'll explain that later).

Fo/Fi
On Figther's skill tree, obviously max out stances and Chase skills. Also, it's necessary to get Knuckles gear and Step Attack, so you could dash (something that Fo/Te can't do).

On Force tree, go with a single element...
...who am I kidding? Go pure Zonde, spam Zondeel and Zonde from talis and use Sazonde on Falz. Affix your weapons and armor with Technique Boost and other that stuff (do it while revival scratch is on).

...ok, that wasn't a good joke. You can still go pure Fire if you want and you'll actually get sense to use both Rod and Talis. It's simple: you use Talis to do damage faster with Foie (don't rely on Rafoie - it sucks because it didn't get buff at lv16); you use Rod for burst damage with Nafoie. Affix your weapons and units with everything that boosts PP, because fire is a huge PP drain, and having lots of PP will increase your DPS significantly compared to Technique affixes.

...Ice? What is it?

Neat bonus: HP. More so, if you have multiclass Rod and/or Talis, or even any Fighter weapons with T-ATK - you can go Fi/Fo. Your damage will be slightly lower than with Fo/Fi, but still higher than with Fo/Te, + much, MUCH more HP.

Fo/Br
You said that you do damage to everything with correct element, so this may fit you the most. Max out Weak Stance on Braver's tree and hit stuff with correct elements. Unlike most people may think, you don't need to hit weak spots with techs - you only need right element. More so, you don't need right element if you can hit weak spot (Strahda, Malmoth and Falz die here). Damage output is truly huge. (This is why I said you shouldn't go with EWH for Fo/Te: Fo/Te is good for PP and territory management - you'll get much more use from those skills).
Build of Force tree is same as for Fo/Te. Also, get Step Attack (dashing) and Snatch Step (in case you'll have to dodge while recharging PP with Gunslash).
You might want Avg Stance too.

Weaknesses of this build:
1) base T-ATK is lower than with Fo/Te or even Fo/Fi, so you might wait more until you can equip some weapon. It doesn't matter in endgame much, though;
2) if enemy is not weak to any element and doesn't have any weak spots (Quartz and Ex dragons until you break their parts, or if you fail some condition in XQ), you are forced to use Avg Stance, then your damage will be somewhat comparable to Fo/Te but lower than with Fo/Fi;
3) if mob is only weak to Dark. I'll explain: Dark techniques SUCK. Namegid is the only worthy one, but it's only for bossing.

Neat bonus: Vibrace Bow. Banishing Arrow + Namegid or Nafoie = win. But I wouldn't advise playing exclusively that way, because placing that arrow is very tricky - it travels slooooowly, and putting it from close range can get you OHKO'd. More so, it doesn't pay off if boss is not weak to Dark or Fire or has no weak spots. Saying that Banishing Arrow is best feature of Fo/Br is like saying that WB is the reason to play Fo/Ra (except Fo/Ra will actually have more base T-ATK and WB is generally much more reliable).

Just.... no....

FO/TE: play this for dark techs onry (if/until they buff light techs, but lol @ that). Dark techs with D-fork/XQ rod/talis(gi/ra/nameigd) do a lot of damage if you tree properly (like this): http://tinyurl.com/l6q7n3u Something to note is the FO tree is ONLY for off fire/lightning damage (i.e. dark/light/wind). It should not be used otherwise (fire/lightning). FO/TE can also be used situationally with a fire tree for something like Nab2 spam, but there are better classes for that anyways (like anything FO). Fire tree FO/TE build: http://tinyurl.com/mxh6ukl (including PP battery TE tree with maxed EWH because it's the only damage you get from TE to begin with). Do not play lightning FO/TE unless you are doing desert/tunnels/ruins AQ and even then you will get SO much more out of lightning FO/BR. The damage difference is laughably large.

Also, to drive home the point that dark techs are useful besides Namegid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjPAq7Jr7sk&feature=share&list=UU72-V3rrgCuXwo7rcyB0q4w&index=4
Zondeel -> megid/gimegid is your bread and butter mobbing tool. You don't even need zondeel on SH because mobs naturally rush/group making megid cake to use with a rod.

FO/FI: this shines when you need to use a single element against off-element enemies or multiple different elements (lightning in Amduscia TA for example). Stances can be annoying, but it's pretty easy to abuse brave stance on FO. Lightning tree: http://tinyurl.com/m2kd3vp (chase adv does NOT PROC on tech damage do NOT put points into it as FO/FI).

FO/BR: hilariously outshines fire/lightning FO/TE and FO/FI when used properly (unless you need the PP skills of FO/TE like again nab2 or are against multi-element and off-element -> FO/FI). Fire/lightning trees the same, here is BR tree: http://tinyurl.com/lgbzc33 You should not be using AS unless you do not have FI leveled, it will be used <1% of the time. If you are regularly using AS because of reasons, switch to FI sub and be more useful.

UnLucky
Jan 2, 2014, 08:51 AM
Chase Advance Plus does boost tech damage, or you could always get Crazy Heart and/or extra HP instead of crit skills.

milranduil
Jan 2, 2014, 11:18 AM
Crazy Heart might be okay. I don't know how I feel about Chase Adv+ though. 15% is rather meh most of the time since stuff will die too fast to take advantage of it assuming you even get SEs off to begin with.

Arksenth
Jan 2, 2014, 11:59 AM
Eh, I have Crazy Heart on my skill tree, and it's not that useful. Any time I need a pp regen, I can't really grab a status effect that easily (for example boss rooms). Most of the status effects aren't that great to run around with either and pretty much get cured instantly by someone helpful in a party or mpa anyway.

Of the two, I'd take Chase Advance Plus just cause Techs throw around statuses so quickly. At worst, you'll still find some use on minibosses I guess.

sammyjo06
Jan 2, 2014, 05:16 PM
I've never used zanverse, in fact I've never really touched the wind spells except to activate the buttons in lilipa timed attack. I don't even know what it is, but I'm pretty sure I bought the disc for it a while ago. Is it like the dark spell that you put on the ground and it heals you, only it increases your damage? Sorry, it's hard for me to remember the names of all these spells since it's all new to me and a lot of times my tweaker doesn't work for some reason so they're in japanese a lot of the time.

Also, nafoie? I thought from the description that that was an aoe spell. I did notice it does a lot of single-target damage too but I go oom so quickly and I use a rod so usually when I go to hit the boss and get mana back, I die lol :X.

Yeah, I'm pretty bad haha. Someone mentioned using a gunslash to regen faster and I've never touched that weapon so I don't know how that would work. It's not a ranged weapon, is it? I always thought those were still melee attacks, but like I said, I've never used one.

A few people have mentioned using talises, but I don't really like those for damage. What I've been doing now is mostly using a rod and then when I need to get mana back I switch to the talis, because when I run into melee range I always just end up dying.

I did try experimenting with shooting the talis at things and then using one of the aoe spells, like gifoie, but it just feels awkward, and unwieldy, I guess. And while it might be safer, for the large groups of mobs that won't kill me right away, it's just easier to run up and aoe them as long as I know I won't die.

Someone else mentioned not needing to switch to the elemental weakness...Is that still true with my techer subclass? Because I put skill points into elemental weak hit.

Arksenth
Jan 2, 2014, 05:42 PM
Wind gets pretty decent once you have your hands on Sazan Lv. 16 - it's probably the best general-purpose Tech out there right now, doing some hefty damage with a large AoE and linear suction range too. Not really worth using it before you can get a level 16 disc, though, and those things are rare unless you're specifically hunting Desert Mining for it. Zan is pretty good too especially once you have the excuse to get a double mastery in Wind for it - it can do bossing damage on Namegid/Nafoie tier, but it's a bit more situational since you need a larger space for the sickles to boomerang, plus more dangerous since you need to hug the boss up close.

Nafoie can be an AoE if you don't hit anything with it since it blankets a small area with fire, but it's more frequently and better used as a nuke by hitting the target direct on with the orb.

If you press Shift you can toggle between ranged and melee mode on a gunslash. The normal shots regenerate quite a bit of PP, but the key advantage is that it lets you stay at a range, which is advantageous for a teching-only FO. If you were a wand-using TE, or trying to make optimal use of Zan or Nafoie, that might make things different, but generally you're going to be out of melee range.

Talis is stronger than Rod DPS-wise because FO can get a Talis Tech up skill that boosts all damage from Talis by 20%.

And elemental weak hit is too weak at only 20% damage to justify using a weak element over a double-mastery element. If you were playing FO/BR, that might make things different, but generally if you're specialized in an element, you stick with that element.

DigestNeko
Jan 2, 2014, 10:26 PM
A few people have mentioned using talises, but I don't really like those for damage. What I've been doing now is mostly using a rod and then when I need to get mana back I switch to the talis, because when I run into melee range I always just end up dying.

I did try experimenting with shooting the talis at things and then using one of the aoe spells, like gifoie, but it just feels awkward, and unwieldy, I guess. And while it might be safer, for the large groups of mobs that won't kill me right away, it's just easier to run up and aoe them as long as I know I won't die.

I used to hate Talis too.
It does feel weird using Talis after being so used to the rod and it feels slower as you have to toss out the Talis bit before casting.
Initially, I also find it difficult to use spells such as GiFoe and Megid seems to appear from a position you do not expect if you do not know where the Talis bit is.

After they announced the Talis Tech bonus, i decided to give Talis another try. I figured out that the problem is you have to keep track of where your Talis bit is located at all times to effectively use the weapon.

Its not that difficult to see the Talis bit if you use weapon camos like the Santa's bag obtained from the Christmas bingo card. It throws out a rather huge spinning Rappy.

After some practice and getting used to it, Talis doesn't feel bad at all.
GiFoe is also easier to use. Instead casting the ring of fire around yourself, you can do it from a distance away.
There are also some deadly combos like Zondeel + Nafoie.
Suck in all the mobs and with the Talis bit still in place cast a Nafoie, it will hit all the mobs with the nuke damage.
Namegid is also best cast with a Talis.

You will still probably have to keep a rod on one of the weapon palette if you are planning to spam Nafoie under certain conditions, since it does not work properly with Talis.
For technics like Zan, i usually throw out the Talis bit at a certain height and use manual aim.

It does feel different from using a rod, but in my opinion its just a matter of getting used to it.
In fact, i am so used to Talis that using a rod now feels awkward to me.
The Talis Tech Bonus does grant Force with a higher damage output and only costs 5 skill points for 20% extra damage; I can't think of any other reason not to use a Talis for it.

GALEFORCE
Jan 2, 2014, 11:43 PM
Not really worth using it before you can get a level 16 disc, though, and those things are rare unless you're specifically hunting Desert Mining for it.

It's still ridiculously rare even if you are spamming desert mining for it. I spent 5-6 days doing that damn quest for the disc to drop.

Arksenth
Jan 3, 2014, 02:08 AM
It's still ridiculously rare even if you are spamming desert mining for it. I spent 5-6 days doing that damn quest for the disc to drop.

Totally worth it though, it's pretty much the strongest thing a Tech class can pull at this stage. I'm going Wind TE/FI and I'm really enjoying the 1hkos and 2hkos on even SH mobs.

Still is terribad tier compared to GU or BR though.

Inazuma
Jan 4, 2014, 05:16 AM
Uncharged Sazan with Elysion is best.
Charged Sazan with a talis is second best.

Overal Forces are not that great in the current game, however things can very well change after the tech customization system coming this month.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 4, 2014, 08:55 AM
I agree, I have 4 characters but my main is a Gu(Ra)/Hu. I started playing my Fo again and felt so inadequate, I nearly put force down for good. I happened to have already found Sazan 16 and had a Heretic Saw. After some grinding and a respec, I was ripping things apart again. Not as good as my main, but I was clearing mobs out in 1-2 castings. huge upgrade

Geistritter
Jan 4, 2014, 05:39 PM
If you buy AC, get about half a dozen skill trees and swap them according to element/utility necessity.

If you don't, you're got two options: Sub Braver and work on Weak Stance, which increases your damage with the element the enemy is weak against, or sub Fighter and get Brave Stance and Wise Stance maxed out. Techer/Force is better than Force/Techer, but Techer sucks as a main without Force because it doesn't have PP Revival. Without additional skill trees to swap to your needs, you're better off not subbing Techer, or maining Techer.

If you can grab yourself a ビブラスボウ (Vibras Bow, Vibrace Bow, Bibras Bow, Biburasu Bow, whatever the hell it's supposed to be), a bow that Forces can use that has high T-Atk, then Braver is the way to go. After you get Weak Stance and Weak Stance Up - Weak Stance Charge should work with charged Techs, but it might not, so you'll have to ask someone else about that - get Rapid Shoot Mastery to 10, which will give you a 15% damage boost to your bow and Tech attacks while you're using the bow. You may even be able to get away with using it and playing like a Force as Braver/Force while you level it.

Another /Braver and ビブラスボウ-exclusive technique is to use Banishing Arrow, a PA that will deal damage equal to the amount of damage you dealt while it was in effect. Go for some Nafoie or Namegid spam after use to tack on extra damage.

Also, get +10 gear. Get the best weapon you can afford, and suffer at the hands of Doodoo/Monica, or just buy something maxed out and with good affixes from someone's shop. This is not an option.

This is all advanced information, but like it or not, you're in the advanced stages of the game now, and now you need to start thinking with advanced techniques in mind. This is why getting carried is awful for you, because now you have no idea what the hell you're doing or supposed to be doing. Your best option from here is to slog it out on your own as much as possible while you experiment with as many options as you can, so you can find out what works and what doesn't work.

If you want Tech recommendations, I can go into higher detail if you want, but in general, Fire kind of sucks except for Nafoie (use Zondeel/Sazan to round enemies up, then blast them in the face for best results) and the occasional Gi/Rafoie, Ice is okay, Lightning is good (Zondeel is a fantastic combo with Nazonde; don't forget to mash the PA key while using Nazonde to increase its duration), Wind is good, especially if you have Sazan 16, but almost nothing is weak against the element, Light is decent, and Dark is probably the best element in the game. Megid kicks ass, Ramegid destroys those annoying slinky dragons, and Namegid is... well, Namegid.

sammyjo06
Jan 5, 2014, 02:31 AM
Yeah, I realize after reading your message that most of it I have no clue what you're talking about because I've learned nothing about the various classes in this game or what they do. I don't even know what all those stance things are. Hell, I don't even know what all the different kinds of stats in the game are or which are the best for me.

I don't even really know what kind of armor I'm wearing -- I just picked up the set my friend told me was good for forces, I think from snow banther. It's all 10* and grinded to +10. I have no idea what the stats on it are, though.

Probably would've been better learning it on my own lol, other games that I have played I often solo for a while till I find a group of people to play with and so I have tended to be better at those games rather than this one I was asked to play by a friend from another game and I mostly just followed him around while talking in skype.

Well, I'll go through the advice everyone gave me and try to learn more about what I am supposed to be doing. Thanks all who have responded so far :).

GALEFORCE
Jan 5, 2014, 05:05 AM
I've never used zanverse, in fact I've never really touched the wind spells except to activate the buttons in lilipa timed attack. I don't even know what it is, but I'm pretty sure I bought the disc for it a while ago. Is it like the dark spell that you put on the ground and it heals you, only it increases your damage? Sorry, it's hard for me to remember the names of all these spells since it's all new to me and a lot of times my tweaker doesn't work for some reason so they're in japanese a lot of the time.

Yeah, it's the wind field tech. Everyone standing inside it gets an additional wind attack equal to 20% of their damage for each hit they do. So if you put it around two teammates, you're doing 20% of both their damage in addition to whatever you do after you cast zanverse. Since forces are weak at the moment, that's quite a good deal, at least for boss weak point situations.

I do recommend learning why people are recommending what they are. Damage is king in this game. Stacking multipliers, DPS, unconditional bonuses, those are what you want. Unfortunately, most of FO's options are conditional to some extent. I would not worry about Elysion or whatever for the moment. You and I will probably never have one. Biburas bow is an interesting build, but I would worry about your force staples first and foremost. Get yourself a good 10* rod and talis and fully fleshed out units with lots of PP and tatk.

TaigaUC
Jan 5, 2014, 10:11 AM
ビブラスボウ (Vibras Bow, Vibrace Bow, Bibras Bow, Biburasu Bow, whatever the hell it's supposed to be)

Bieber-ass Bow.