PDA

View Full Version : Force advise

AerialSnack
Jan 4, 2014, 10:57 PM
I started playing with some friends, and I've been playing force. I have consistently putting out the most damage, which I thought was appropriate. However, reading posts on these forums, everyone says the forces are useless, and that Ice in particular is very useless.

This is very confusing for me, because Ice always has done the most damage, even though I have the fire skills, and it freezes as well. I'm not really sure why everyone thinks Ice is useless.

What can I do to make sure my Force does the most amount of possible damage at later levels?

Inazuma
Jan 4, 2014, 11:32 PM
I play Force and am usually much stronger than everyone I play with too. But that doesn't mean that Force doesn't suck compared to almost every other class. Most people suck at video games, so it's not hard to be better than them. But if you compare the classes amongst skill players, Force is pretty horrible. If you have Elysion, it's noticeably better but still lacks when it comes to bosses.

Force has two big problems, one of which can be solved somewhat in our current game. The first is their shitty DPS on bosses. Maybe the upcoming tech customization system will let us modify a tech to hit multiple targets at once on the same enemy? That'd be nice. For now we are absolutely horrible vs bosses, compared to other classes.

The other is the long charge times on techs. If you are lucky enough to find the 11 star wand, Elysion, you can base your entire character around using it, and you should end up being pretty strong (and quick) with uncharged techs. This lets you actually attack the enemies! Normally forces have a very hard time attacking enemies since they die within a second.

Sometime in spring, we will be able to trade 11 stars, so every Force can get their hands on Elysion. In the meantime, the tech customization system can help by letting you reduce your charge times.

Generally speaking, most techs are useless compared to Sazan 16. In Sega's recent attempt to "balance" the techs, they fucked it all up by making Sazan 16 stupid OP. It's so OP that even if the enemy is not weak to wind, Sazan is still the best tech to use.

There are a few exceptions such as Nafoie being better vs Rockbear and Namegido for bosses weak to dark. Zondeel is still useful for gathering enemies, and Sazonde is good to shock Dark Falz Elder. But 99% of the time you will be using Sazan.

tl;dr
The current best Force casts uncharged Sazan 16 with Elysion.
The second best Force casts charged Sazan 16 with a talis.

BlueCast Boy
Jan 5, 2014, 12:13 AM
Hmmm, Just in case ... Photon Flare is prolly you're best choice for both boss and mobs, Especially for those with potent that boost PF especially Motav Propechy. But PF kinda decrease your max health and has 30 sec duration so its best to use for boss and mobs(or PSE & Crossburst)

Sandmind
Jan 5, 2014, 12:13 AM
Regarding ice, it does a good job against an army of mob, while maybe not the fastest for every situation, gibarta is a solid option for it's damage and safety. Ice lack a boss killing tech compared to the others elements.

Without investment into freeze keep, the freezing is easily broken. Exception for vol dragon, the seabed boss and the new insect darker mob in mining base EQ, but it's a special freeze that ignore freeze keep.

UnLucky
Jan 5, 2014, 12:43 AM
Hmmm, Just in case ... Photon Flare is prolly you're best choice for both boss and mobs, Especially for those with potent that boost PF especially Motav Propechy. But PF kinda decrease your max health and has 30 sec duration so its best to use for boss and mobs(or PSE & Crossburst)

What? No. God no. Please, no.

Photon Flare is the worst thing you could do, other than Burn/Freeze/Shock Boost. Seriously, T-Atk Up and PP Up would be better, and those skills suck.

Get Charge PP Revival, Talis Tech Bonus, both Masteries for a single element, and Tech Charge/JA Bonus. Only use the element you're specced in. That's how you deal damage as Force.

BlueCast Boy
Jan 5, 2014, 12:52 AM
I only use PF tree because of T-ATK High I don;t bother much of PF and i know its not recommended on normal mobs ups or soloing a boss or whatever, beside I just recently got Motav maybe where it hit the interest out of me. So many PF haters :/

UnLucky
Jan 5, 2014, 01:27 AM
Well yeah, the Motav makes it halfway decent, just like Elysion and uncharged techs.

But that does not mean you should use either without those specific weapons.

Original_DFO
Jan 5, 2014, 01:49 AM
I play Force and am usually much stronger than everyone I play with too. But that doesn't mean that Force doesn't suck compared to almost every other class. Most people suck at video games, so it's not hard to be better than them. But if you compare the classes amongst skill players, Force is pretty horrible. If you have Elysion, it's noticeably better but still lacks when it comes to bosses.

Force has two big problems, one of which can be solved somewhat in our current game. The first is their shitty DPS on bosses. Maybe the upcoming tech customization system will let us modify a tech to hit multiple targets at once on the same enemy? That'd be nice. For now we are absolutely horrible vs bosses, compared to other classes.

The other is the long charge times on techs. If you are lucky enough to find the 11 star wand, Elysion, you can base your entire character around using it, and you should end up being pretty strong (and quick) with uncharged techs. This lets you actually attack the enemies! Normally forces have a very hard time attacking enemies since they die within a second.

Sometime in spring, we will be able to trade 11 stars, so every Force can get their hands on Elysion. In the meantime, the tech customization system can help by letting you reduce your charge times.

Generally speaking, most techs are useless compared to Sazan 16. In Sega's recent attempt to "balance" the techs, they fucked it all up by making Sazan 16 stupid OP. It's so OP that even if the enemy is not weak to wind, Sazan is still the best tech to use.

There are a few exceptions such as Nafoie being better vs Rockbear and Namegido for bosses weak to dark. Zondeel is still useful for gathering enemies, and Sazonde is good to shock Dark Falz Elder. But 99% of the time you will be using Sazan.

tl;dr
The current best Force casts uncharged Sazan 16 with Elysion.
The second best Force casts charged Sazan 16 with a talis.

Any videos out there showing how OP this tech is? Unfortunately mine's only lvl 15.

Inazuma
Jan 5, 2014, 02:01 AM
Any videos out there showing how OP this tech is? Unfortunately mine's only lvl 15.

It's nearly twice the damage of lv 15.

Get Charge PP Revival, Talis Tech Bonus, both Masteries for a single element, and Tech Charge/JA Bonus. Only use the element you're specced in. That's how you deal damage as Force.

That was good advice before lv 16 techs. Now that Sazan 16 is OP, this is the best Force tree for those who do not have Elysion:

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06fbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIk0lbIn 0000000jebIb000007b000000lb0000084OI22SqxgAIAbnbng JIbrA0000lo0000000Ib000008

It boosts general damage, which means your Sazan will be even stronger. What's the point of putting points into fire/ice/lightning when they suck and you never use them?

If you want, you can have a separate skill tree for lightning, because Sazonde is good for shocking Dark Falz Elder. But if you can only have one skill tree, this is the one to use.

UnLucky
Jan 5, 2014, 02:15 AM
So, how exactly is that contrary to what I said?

Your tree has everything I mentioned in it, except you didn't include the Techer tree, which would obviously have two full Wind Masteries if you plan on using Sazan.

Inazuma
Jan 5, 2014, 05:25 AM
So, how exactly is that contrary to what I said?

Your tree has everything I mentioned in it, except you didn't include the Techer tree, which would obviously have two full Wind Masteries if you plan on using Sazan.

I was talking about Force skill trees. Instead of putting points into fire/ice/lightning masteries, you should do all general damage skills.

You suggesting maxing both mastery skills for an element, which is bad advice. You also forgot to mention Tech Attack High Up. That's another general damage skill. The interesting thing about having a general damage tree to strengthen Sazan, is that it ends up surpassing other elements even when the enemies are weak to them.

For example, against enemies that are only weak to lightning, someone with a Force general skill tree will do more damage with Sazan, than a Force with a lightning tree using lightning techs. Same deal for fire and ice.

If all you have are three elemental focused Force trees, then Sazan will not surpass those elements on enemies that are weak to them.

Changing the subject to Tector, I suggest having at least two skill trees for Sazan. One with Wind Mastery and Elemental Weak Hit, and another with Wind Mastery and PP Convert lv 3. If you are playing a quest that has no enemies weak to wind, PP Convert will come in handy, compared to EWH which does nothing. You could have a 3rd tree with Super Treatment too, for the Caves in particular.

UnLucky
Jan 5, 2014, 07:17 AM
Zonde from a pure lightning Fo/Br does more to robots than Fo/Te's Sazan on the same. Zondeel is stronger still, and Sazonde even more.

Nafoie does more than Sazan per cast, even as Fo/Te on enemies not weak to fire, it just costs a ton of PP.

Gibarta also does more damage than Sazan to ice-weak enemies, even with only Fo/Te, though it's admittedly pretty close when factoring in the general damage you lose to max Ice Masteries.

I've tried Sazan, but I just don't see it being the savior to techs everyone hypes it up to be. Maybe with Elysion as Te/Fi, but I can't exactly test that.

Ran Yakumo
Jan 5, 2014, 10:55 AM
I don't really understand the fuss and hate about Photon Flare.It's the only thing available as a buff( Not a stance) on the FO tree.

I don't mind a little debuff and having to turn it on after the Cooldown.Honestly, I do believe it's a good skill while waiting for the FO or TE tech/skill buff sometime this year (which I am hoping)

I am not kidding, it's great.For a mere 30 seconds, you can punch more damage on to your techs.As my teammate said "Other than Tech Charge Advances and Tech JA Advance, what are the other skills that boost Zan,Zonde,Barta,Megid,Foie techs on the Force tree? Photon Flare."

For the OP, it's up to you.Either settle for a percentage skill or Go for PF ( Circuit breaker or Motav's latent should boost you up)

Here's my tree if you don't mind checking for references.

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06uCbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkjdt8 ebIn0000000lb000008dBJdJ29K2nie0000jdB0fgBbp0000fk bI22SqxgAJlgAIbrA0000j4OIkldBxJ2Ikib00000ib000008

Edit : Punctuation and spelling mistakes.

UnLucky
Jan 5, 2014, 02:31 PM
The problem with Photon Flare is that 200 T-Atk 1/4 of the time is not a lot, comparatively.

Tech Charge/JA and T-Atk High Up give a similar bonus with no penalty and no cooldown.

Even if PF was a 10min stance, it would only break even with the other skills. And then it would still be worse due to the HP penalty.

Do not waste points in that trash unless you have a PF boosting latent, and even then anything more than lv1 is a waste of SP.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 5, 2014, 02:53 PM
not only is it not a lot, but the damage to SP ratio is really bad. Since 20 atk breaks down to ~1% damage, 200 T Atk 1/4 of the time for 10 SP breaks down to roughly .25% damage per SP. Most anything you're putting SP into should be 1% per SP or better. it's just a bad skill

ShinMaruku
Jan 5, 2014, 03:48 PM
It would be decent if it was not tied deep in the tree as well as the length of the buff.
So yeah terrible skill. And that's saying something from a terrible tree overall. :P