PDA

View Full Version : Why do so many people complain?

Meta77
Jan 5, 2014, 10:57 PM
Before getting into in no way do i want a flame war. Simply to see why. For the most I have loved this game the past 2 years. I do not use the patch but I enjoy the music and boss fights greatly the game keeps me satisfied that sega made this after the many memories of the old genesis games and pso series and psu. Sure sometimes the grinding to hit cap or even 50 for that matter is annoying but overall it is fun. But i sometimes notice many players on here gripe or get upset the game is not just some AAA title or hard as dark souls to keep them happy. Nearly every update I see people complain about it not being hard enough or that after running it a few times it becomes boring. Why is this. It is not as if sega had to make this for anyone. But they did and yet people gripe on it. Especially it being free for the most part unless you want to grind to perfection or sell things.

CelestialBlade
Jan 5, 2014, 11:01 PM
People complain because they want to see the full potential in something they love. People complain because they care. PSO2 has a lot of potential and I personally gripe about it because I see what it could be. There's nothing negative about seeing the flaws in a product you at least somewhat enjoy, and wishing those flaws could be addressed.

Not everyone handles that consumer right in the most mature way possible, but I still feel like it's a right.

Meta77
Jan 5, 2014, 11:04 PM
Agreed noting wrong with voicing a opinion and wanting to see something brought into a even grander light.

ShinMaruku
Jan 5, 2014, 11:08 PM
People complain because they want to see the full potential in something they love. People complain because they care. PSO2 has a lot of potential and I personally gripe about it because I see what it could be. There's nothing negative about seeing the flaws in a product you at least somewhat enjoy, and wishing those flaws could be addressed.

Not everyone handles that consumer right in the most mature way possible, but I still feel like it's a right.

While I agree with you people should know this is sonic team, when have complaints ever helped them? If it were anybody else but Sonic team then yes people can gripe about lost potential, but if they bitch and still play and pay for the thing they are not putting pressure to change the game. You have to exert pressure to change it. You can play the game for hours while bitching and expect them to change it. You have to engage them.

UnLucky
Jan 5, 2014, 11:15 PM
I complain because Sega have no idea what they are doing.

Meta77
Jan 5, 2014, 11:24 PM
I think sega knows what they are doing. I really do. I just do not think they have good time management skills or commitment after release on some titles. Sonic 06 could have have been helped some "not a lot" but some with some patches with elements they showed back at its first e3. Granted I never complained about the game as it took me 4 years to learn it was broken.

NoiseHERO
Jan 5, 2014, 11:28 PM
Because complaining lets me vent, instead of uninstalling the game, and then not making use of all the dress up items I wasted time getting.

ShinMaruku
Jan 5, 2014, 11:32 PM
I complain because Sega have no idea what they are doing.
You should find an avenue that will help explain to them what is wrong. Fighting games have improved doing this. MMOs have too not sure about shooter however.

Or even better than that why complain when you know they don't know what they are doing don't play it and state why. Get enough people doing that and you will see change. Bitching without bitching with a wallet gets nothing done.

Arksenth
Jan 5, 2014, 11:48 PM
I don't care what SEGA does; I rarely complain about the game and it's updates. One thing I will always complain about is the lack of attention SEGA has put towards to fixing the huge random freeze frames from the multiclass daggers (Tリーピング/リヒト & 錦), which have absolutely nothing to do with system specs.

I'm extremely sick and tired of the ignorant, wannabe "pro", dumbass players who continue to use them to dash with in random MPAs/parties. It's even worse in that Tower Defense EQ as you're screwing over some people who are probably doing more work than you are. (or at least trying to, but can't because of the freeze frames from the poorly coded daggers.)

That reminds me, I was planning to switch my dashing weapon on my FI sub from all-class knuckles to the Nishiki.

No reason.

Well I suppose Twin Daggers are technically a microsecond faster than Knuckle Dashing, let's go with that.

:wacko:

Arksenth
Jan 5, 2014, 11:57 PM
You can always use Zain the Gemini camo to "fix" the problem.

But if you aren't at least LA triple dashing (dagger) with assault buster, then knuckle dashing with full gear and occasional straight charge is superior.

:wacko:

But I'm already using another weapon camo.

So Nishiki it is.

gigawuts
Jan 6, 2014, 12:36 AM
Why do so many people complain?
Lots of reasons. They might take issue with the topic, they might prefer something another way, maybe they're having a bad day and want to vent, they might be bored, because they can, etc.

It is not as if sega had to make this for anyone.

Okay let me stop you right there: Yes, it is like that. They had to make this game. Why? Money. This is a pre-existing IP - that means they didn't need to convince people it was worth their time. The name alone did that. Why do you think they went with Phantasy Star Online 2? Because PSO did better in its time than PSU did. It's an IP within an IP. The nostalgia alone will attract some people, and probably hook them. This is the same reason Kraft macaroni and cheese costs two to three times as much as the store brand, despite being virtually identical - the name.

Even ignoring that, did they have to make a F2P MMO? Yes, again. Making this game was something they had to do. This is their cash cow. They put in a new hat bikini once a month and watch the cash roll in as children gamble their parents' money to get it.

Meta77
Jan 6, 2014, 12:45 AM
I do not think sega needs this for money nor is it their cash cow. They have vocaloid and dont they own that ball gambling machine game in arcades in japan? Pichinko i think thats how you spell it.

UnLucky
Jan 6, 2014, 12:45 AM
You should find an avenue that will help explain to them what is wrong. Fighting games have improved doing this. MMOs have too not sure about shooter however.
I've participated in every player survey so far, and a lot of the stuff I mentioned did get changed or implemented, so I like to think it helps.

Speaking of, the 4th one (http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=2828) is going on right now, so go fill that out right now. (https://ssl.pso2.jp/players/enquete/) At the very least, you'll get 500 FUN points.

Complain that Techer is bad, Code:Capture/Collect are a waste of time, 11*s are too weak for the luck and investment involved, or whatever your pet peeve.

Ask them for new costumes too, it's the only thing you're guaranteed to get.

Though yeah, using Japanese would be a good idea for this.

MetalDude
Jan 6, 2014, 12:46 AM
I believe there were several articles on how PSO2 is one of their biggest money makers by far.

gigawuts
Jan 6, 2014, 12:46 AM
I do not think sega needs this for money nor is it their cash cow. They have vocaloid and dont they own that ball gambling machine game in arcades in japan? Pichinko i think thats how you spell it.

You don't seem to understand capitalism, and you severely underestimate the power of a convenient, cheap impulse buy presented to so many players - especially if it's on their home computers.

edit: Let me just explain it to you: Money you can invest and turn into more profits, but don't, is money you've effectively lost. If I walk up to you and offer to sell you a 10 dollar bill for 5 dollars, and you say no because you didn't have to do it, you deserve a punch in the face. Economics 101, you can probably find a textbook that actually says that exact sentence.

UnLucky
Jan 6, 2014, 12:53 AM
Wouldn't it be nice if developers just made games for people to enjoy, and their only incentive was player satisfaction?

And free public transit for everyone, plus government subsidized housing, in a society where people only worked to preserve the natural order of things. Clean water, good food, and a smile are all a basic human right.

TaigaUC
Jan 6, 2014, 01:35 AM

<3
Other than myself, I rarely see anyone ever point this out.

Nowadays everyone immediately gets upset at any kind of complaint.
I think it's partially because there are too many people out there whining for the sake of whining.
Trolls, etc. They purposely post just to insult or attack something.

The other reason is people just want to play these games to relax after a stressful day at work.
The last thing they want to acknowledge is more problems.
Somewhat understandable.

Wouldn't it be nice if developers just made games for people to enjoy, and their only incentive was player satisfaction?

And free public transit for everyone, plus government subsidized housing, in a society where people only worked to preserve the natural order of things. Clean water, good food, and a smile are all a basic human right.

THIS. Some form of home ought to be a basic human right, too.
Our society has made it pretty far, considering most of our systems are based around being a greedy, selfish dick.
Although, that's the way nature works. Kill or be killed. Survival of the fittest. We kill and/or eat everything else.

I sometimes wonder if there's an alien species/society out there that somehow evolved through working together.
They probably saw our planet from afar and felt absolutely repulsed. That's why no other lifeforms want to talk to us.
"Hey, it's those greedy humans again."
"Leave them be. If they knew we existed, they'd try to blow us up for sure."

But i sometimes notice many players on here gripe or get upset the game is not just some AAA title or hard as dark souls to keep them happy.

...I've never seen anyone complain about PSO2 for those reasons. Ever.
If you really want to dismiss someone else's opinions, use factual evidence. Don't make up bizarre reasons.

Uhh. They don't "have" Vocaloid. Crypton created and owns Vocaloid.
SEGA just owns a license to publish some of their material.

Also, Pachinko is not entirely only owned by SEGA.
That's like saying "SEGA owns pinball" or "SEGA owns arcade games".
Or "NIKE doesn't need Air Jordans for money. They own shoes".
Or "Boeing doesn't need 707 for money. They own airports".
Or "Toyota doesn't need their Celica for money nor is it their cash cow. They own cars".

I think you should learn to research a bit more before voicing opinions based on completely incorrect beliefs.
Start with Wikipedia and work outwards your way from there. There's a lot to learn.

Ratazana
Jan 6, 2014, 02:26 AM
They put in a new hat bikini once a month and watch the cash roll in as children gamble their parents' money to get it.

More like adults gamble their hard earned money.

strikerhunter
Jan 6, 2014, 03:43 AM
To the OP:

People complain for the following reasons:
1. They have the rights to complain.
2. They all keep dreaming about a perfect game but you that will never happen.
3. Bunch of real life shenanigans.
4. Wanting attention.

I rarely complain about games unless it's based the gameplay (improvements,etc.). Basically when I complain, it's more overall a constructive criticism which most complainers really don't do.

GuardianGirth
Jan 6, 2014, 04:28 AM
People complain because human brain's are almost never satisfied so we love to bitch.

jooozek
Jan 6, 2014, 04:37 AM
because this game is an erupting mass of diarhea

NoiseHERO
Jan 6, 2014, 04:44 AM
Because complaining is a "healthy" part of being a tsundere masochist that you need to be to enjoy this game longer than somewhere between 1 week-8 months.

Valimer
Jan 6, 2014, 04:47 AM
It's not that I don't like the game, I do. But I mostly play because I have friends that play. That being said, I complain and speculate a lot with my friends about how things could have been had PSO2 been given a proper developer. And there is nothing I can do about it because I don't know proper Japanese, otherwise I would probably take the time out to send them fan e-mails every week to just throw ideas at them, if anything just for the hell of it. Because I know SEGA won't take anyones advice, they don't take their own native player base advice.

PSO2 has some pretty bad design, in both game mechanics and functionality of level design. This is objectively true, but we can only go "Wouldn't it be better if..."

Meta77
Jan 6, 2014, 07:20 AM
Reading the last few comments it seems most enjoy it just cause its a right. Sure many want the game to be perfect but its doubtful Sega cares. Long as the main fan base and those in japan keep playing I think were stuck with what we have :/

SakoHaruo
Jan 6, 2014, 11:03 AM
For a game that sux so badly it sure does have a huge community supporting it and it's still growing. Reminds me of the Street Fighter IV hate back in 2009. People don't care about how bad a game sux when everyone is doing it. look at Call of Duty o3o

ShinMaruku
Jan 6, 2014, 12:14 PM
I've participated in every player survey so far, and a lot of the stuff I mentioned did get changed or implemented, so I like to think it helps.

Speaking of, the 4th one (http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=2828) is going on right now, so go fill that out right now. (https://ssl.pso2.jp/players/enquete/) At the very least, you'll get 500 FUN points.

Complain that Techer is bad, Code:Capture/Collect are a waste of time, 11*s are too weak for the luck and investment involved, or whatever your pet peeve.

Ask them for new costumes too, it's the only thing you're guaranteed to get.

Though yeah, using Japanese would be a good idea for this.

The bolded would help best. Surveys sometimes are lip service, yes some of those changes will come but that's through being constructive with you complaints. Some people just bitch all around and don't do the work so the developers see it.

But really seing Sega's history you have to wait many revisions before they get this game decent, until then you just have see what good they did and keep sending feedback. If you have somebody on hand with good Japanese you can attach more info with the survey,if it's written well enough somebody will read it and report it.

I mean written feedback helped Capcom change some things.

Arksenth
Jan 6, 2014, 12:16 PM
Because complaining is a "healthy" part of being a tsundere masochist that you need to be to enjoy this game longer than somewhere between 1 week-8 months.

I-it's not as if I'm complaining to get your attention, stupid!

Now zap me with this cattle prod?

HBK666
Jan 6, 2014, 12:20 PM
I-it's not as if I'm complaining to get your attention, stupid!

Now zap me with this cattle prod?

Your troll game is awful.:-D I think you need some help.

Psycl0ne
Jan 7, 2014, 12:25 AM
I love this game, sure it isn't perfect but that's alright because it's not finished yet... seeing it grow more and more keeps me in the game.. a lot of the times I have seen people complain is because they can't find a super good rare or PA, I mostly ignore it.

BIG OLAF
Jan 7, 2014, 12:50 AM
SEGA seems to be changing things for the better, albeit painfully slowly. Obviously, this shouldn't have even been an issue. There are innumerable things they had done right in previous Phantasy Star installments that they just straight-up abandoned in PSO2, most likely due in no small part to their new F2P structure. That much is obvious.

Anyway, the very first response to the OP was /thread. People complain because they wish it was different; because they care enough to complain. It's not like it's incessant bitching about small, inconsequential things. The complaints are about very deep, real issues the game has.

Meta77
Jan 7, 2014, 01:01 AM
long as they are deep i understand :).

TaigaUC
Jan 7, 2014, 04:15 AM
In these kinds of situations, I suspect that they intentionally design the game with bare minimum, and then introduce content and fixes extremely slowly.
That way, every ounce of progress looks like some kind of improvement, they can keep the game alive for a very long time, and it keeps their workload small too.