PDA

View Full Version : Black Screen and App Hang with Tweaker

CosmicCricket
Jan 7, 2014, 07:49 PM
I've been trying to get into this game using the english patches with the tweaker, but I only get a black screen when I launch the game.

The game works without the english patches. I've tried downloading the client on the Arks Layer website and updating it with the tweaker, and I've also tried using the downloader straight from SEGA's website. In both cases, the game makes it past the SEGA screen onto the login screen.

But, when I patched both installations with the english patches using the tweaker, they stopped working and I start getting this black screen problem.

Specs:

Win8 64-bit
i7-4700MQ
GTX 765M
16GB RAM

I can post any additional info as needed. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks

CosmicCricket
Jan 15, 2014, 11:53 PM
So the game works if I download it with the official launcher, and then extract the english patch files manually afterwards.

I'd still like to play the game with item translations and whatever else the tweaker can hook into, though. Any tips?

CosmicCricket
Jan 17, 2014, 04:45 PM
Alright, I used the tweaker with my existing PSO2 installation. The game now doesn't even launch.

I cut out a large part of the logfile which had repeating lines due to filesize.

I noticed the tweaker put a lot of files in the root D:/PSO2 directory. Didn't know if that was normal.