PDA

View Full Version : How the hell did it start?

The_Hero_Of_Time
Apr 13, 2003, 09:12 PM
How did people start with the whole legit/dupper thing? Its like raceism in a video game. Why does it really matter?

Raist
Apr 13, 2003, 09:18 PM
Comparing it to racism is like saying that people of a different race are doing something wrong, either that or your saying cheating isn't wrong. Either way I don't really see how it can be compared to racism. Is disliking criminals racism?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raist on 2003-04-13 19:19 ]</font>

The_Hero_Of_Time
Apr 13, 2003, 09:21 PM
in racism, certain people of one race hate people of another race for no reason, just cause their black or white or asian. not that all legits hate duppers and vise versa.

Zeebo
Apr 13, 2003, 09:23 PM
racism started by when white people killed and herassed insians (colored) and inslaved blacks because they look like trash..

Raist
Apr 13, 2003, 09:31 PM
Some people dislike dupers/users because dupes have ruined a very large part of online pso, which is trading and rare hunting since the word rare really hasn't much meaning any more.
Personally I really don't get angry with people using dupes since that would just alienate myself from about 90% of the online community. But if someone tries to justify the act of duping or using dupes as something thats not wrong I will argue with them.

Zeebo
Apr 13, 2003, 09:41 PM
^ there you go and i meant to say Indians

polishedweasel
Apr 13, 2003, 11:39 PM
On 2003-04-13 19:23, Zeebo wrote:
racism started by when white people killed and herassed insians (colored) and inslaved blacks because they look like trash..

WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN BLACK PEOPLE LOOK LIKE TRASH?! I'd watch the way you say things man. you're gonna get yourself in trouble with that mouth of yours. and another reminder..spell check.---->harassed<---- http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

P.S. and no I'm not black...

Shin_Anubis
Apr 14, 2003, 12:32 AM
Yeah, I'm sure the first racist was White (cough sarcasm). I think racism is a product of peoples fear, not one specific culture creating it.

Guile
Apr 14, 2003, 12:39 AM

Zeebo your such a fucking idiot it's not funny...

anyhow it all started with opinions, and to some people it matters a lot

IceBlink
Apr 14, 2003, 04:00 AM

That's the most idiotic thing I've read in weeks. Jesus, don't you ever read what you write before hitting 'submit'?

Racism exists because some people believe their colour/breed/race is superior to others in human character or ability.

As for the original question, it can't be compared to racism, because as explained, cheaters are cheating, which is breaking the videogame developer's law (see the thing which says not to cheat before you go online? Try reading it). Essentially, you're breaking 'the law' (to the developer's eyes), as such, you would be a criminal.

Now, here, there is a legitimate reason to dislike cheaters.

1. To act dishonestly; practice fraud.
2. To violate rules deliberately, as in a game: was accused of cheating at cards.

(dictionary.com)

Someone who violates rules deliberately. Do people like such a person?

Okay, looking through the eyes of how a legit would view a cheater hurts. ^_^

[endpost]

BonusKun
Apr 14, 2003, 06:37 AM
On 2003-04-13 19:18, Raist wrote:
Comparing it to racism is like saying that people of a different race are doing something wrong, either that or your saying cheating isn't wrong. Either way I don't really see how it can be compared to racism. Is disliking criminals racism?

Actually in a far fetched way it is.

You would be amazed at the hate spewed on both sides of the spectrum that you would wonder if it is a form of racism.

PentUpAnger
Apr 14, 2003, 04:40 PM
We didnt land on Ragol Rock... Ragol Rock landed on US!

The MAN always trying to bring me down by not letting me have my fun. I dont miss wit him, I keep mah bizness MAH bizness. He all up in mah face saying dat legit is the way it be.

No sarcasm intended... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I dupe, and I wont trade with legit people because I respect their wishes (and yes I do ask them if they care if the item is duped before I trade with whoever). The game is old... The game is boring... The game is tedious... Bringing out new weapons/item in holiday drops doesnt make the game last longer. I started both versions (Gamecube and Dreamcast legit.. it was only after months of playing it that it started getting boring so I started to dupe... to liven it back up...

Now.. AR codes are out... and even the duping to me has become a chore (the whole process of begging/trading for other dupes)... so the only way that I will continue to play the game will be offline... and ONLY if I get the AR codes... those codes will give me at the most a whole month before I will just get fed up with the whole game.

It is a lot harder to stay legit than some people seem to believe... You have to watch who you trade at all times... and ask questions.

Elusive_Llama
Apr 15, 2003, 01:52 PM
Actually, he may be right. If you see a level 90 using a BKB, T-J Sword and a Doublecannon all throughout Forest 1, you might assume that he's a duper (even though there is a difference between dupers and dupe-users).

Having any of the usual uber-1337 uber-duped items marks you as somebody who might be a duper or dupe-user. The general stereotype of dupers and dupe-users is that they're foul-mouthed exp hogs who suck at PSO and have to try and make up for their suckiness with dupes. This isn't true, no matter how much people want to believe otherwise.

What's different from racism is that people are prejudiced based on equipment, not on skin colour.

KodiaX987
Apr 15, 2003, 01:56 PM
This Legit VS Dupers stuff isn't racism. It's a jihad.

Seriously.

Wewt
Apr 15, 2003, 03:06 PM
On 2003-04-15 11:52, Elusive_Llama wrote:
What's different from racism is that people are prejudiced based on equipment, not on skin colour.

OH FUCKING HELL THAT WAS FUNNY!!!

raiden999
Apr 15, 2003, 08:27 PM
On 2003-04-15 11:52, Elusive_Llama wrote:
Actually, he may be right. If you see a level 90 using a BKB, T-J Sword and a Doublecannon all throughout Forest 1, you might assume that he's a duper (even though there is a difference between dupers and dupe-users).

Having any of the usual uber-1337 uber-duped items marks you as somebody who might be a duper or dupe-user. The general stereotype of dupers and dupe-users is that they're foul-mouthed exp hogs who suck at PSO and have to try and make up for their suckiness with dupes. This isn't true, no matter how much people want to believe otherwise.

As I said in an earlier post, you never know what kind of characters someone has. If i give a DB Saber to my lvl 15 char, and a mag I raised myself, would you consider me a duper?? I'm truly tired of people complaining about someone usin a weapon that falls into the mass dupe category, but they have no clue whether or not it was found or duped...

TeamPhalanx
Apr 15, 2003, 08:57 PM
Actually, I would go far as to say that legits are flat out better at this game than cheaters are. For starters, we're not naive enough to believe that we belong in Ultimate Seabed at lv 110 just because we have awesome items.

There are a lot of things that cheaters are, and know what, those can be proven. Here's an example:

Cheaters are immature brats and suck at the game

Prove by: Make a team called no dupes and see if people respect the name of the team. When someone brings in their truckload of dupes, leave them alone in an area and see how long it takes for them to die. When they die, see if they have a scape doll on them.

Conversely, make a team called no legits and see if we respect the name of the team.

If someone is using a BKB, TSUMIRIKI, and DOUBLE CANNON, I'd call that person a cheater 100% of the time, and I'd wager that I'd be right 100% of the time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TeamPhalanx on 2003-04-16 04:55 ]</font>

Hangoroshi
Apr 15, 2003, 10:31 PM
There's a big difference between discriminating against people of a different race and dupers.

For starters, people don't get to pick their skin pigment at birth.

Dupers, on the other hand, chose to dupe and/or use dupes.

raiden999
Apr 16, 2003, 09:29 AM
On 2003-04-15 18:57, TeamPhalanx wrote:
Actually, I would go far as to say that legits are flat out better at this game than cheaters are. For starters, we're not naive enough to believe that we belong in Ultimate Seabed at lv 110 just because we have awesome items.

Actually, some people do prefer what we call a challenge... and PSO doesn't offer very much of one, except the later parts of ultimate.

There are a lot of things that cheaters are, and know what, those can be proven. Here's an example:

Prove by: Make a team called no dupes and see if people respect the name of the team. When someone brings in their truckload of dupes, leave them alone in an area and see how long it takes for them to die. When they die, see if they have a scape doll on them.

Conversely, make a team called no legits and see if we respect the name of the team.

Actually, I've seen dupers that are way better than legits...

If someone is using a BKB, TSUMIRIKI, and DOUBLE CANNON, I'd call that person a cheater 100% of the time, and I'd wager that I'd be right 100% of the time.

Again, you never know where they got the items. High chances say they are duped, but people can get legit ones... after all, someone had to find one to dupe em.

BonusKun
Apr 16, 2003, 09:44 AM

Arrogance doesn't suit you.

Most of them. Not all.

Again. Not all but a vast majority of them do suck but there are legits I have seen sucking just as much ass as cheaters.

Who's we?

Does that mean I can't use the MKB i found at 0 0 0 0 or how about my Lavis Cannon 35 Dark?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BonusKun on 2003-04-16 07:48 ]</font>

TeamPhalanx
Apr 16, 2003, 11:54 AM
There's a difference between a challenge stupidity. If cheaters wanted a challenge in the first place, why do they use uber-rares? You know the best items in the game such as PSYCHO and TUSIMIKRI? (duh?)

Most ~ All

Oh wow... a BKB and a LAVIS CANNON - Tell me, how many times online have you had both weapons in your inventory? Only a cheater would be stupid enough to carry multiple uber-rares in their inventory at the same time. But, then again, I'm sure there's some legit out there who has found/made TSUIMIKIRI, BKB, and DBL CNNN, and uses all 3 at the same time.

BonusKun
Apr 16, 2003, 05:31 PM
On 2003-04-16 09:54, TeamPhalanx wrote:
There's a difference between a challenge stupidity. If cheaters wanted a challenge in the first place, why do they use uber-rares? You know the best items in the game such as PSYCHO and TUSIMIKRI? (duh?)

Most ~ All

Oh wow... a BKB and a LAVIS CANNON - Tell me, how many times online have you had both weapons in your inventory? Only a cheater would be stupid enough to carry multiple uber-rares in their inventory at the same time. But, then again, I'm sure there's some legit out there who has found/made TSUIMIKIRI, BKB, and DBL CNNN, and uses all 3 at the same time.

Actually I dupe all the shit I find and keep it to myself. Safer that way and by all means being able to switch weapons is what part of the game was made for with the Holding down 'R' and hitting the 'Y' button.

if that labels me as such an evil cheater then by all means keep calling me one and you can be a dirty legit ok?

Jesus it's threads like these where I see so many people get worked up over childish bullshit.

TeamPhalanx
Apr 16, 2003, 06:57 PM
Last I checked: duping = cheating

So, do refrain from calling yourself legit.

I'm not the one that made stupid comments like 'cheaters want a challenge' and 'legits carry all their uber-rares' with them.

It's threads like these where I see the most people post on subjects they don't have a clue about.

raiden999
Apr 16, 2003, 11:12 PM
On 2003-04-16 16:57, TeamPhalanx wrote:

I'm not the one that made stupid comments like 'cheaters want a challenge' and 'legits carry all their uber-rares' with them.

It's threads like these where I see the most people post on subjects they don't have a clue about.

Wow, looking at that last sentence... I could have some fun with that. Of course you're gonna see some people post dumb things on subjects like this... after all, this is a MESSAGE FORUM. You actually expect every one to always sit here and think about every single little detail that you do?

CrazyJ
Apr 17, 2003, 03:43 AM
stfu
>Everybody

You're giving me a headache...

How about this: Legits play legit and have your fun...

Dupers and dupe users...play with your duped items and have your fun...

Now the hard part...DON'T MINGLE WITH EACH OTHER ONLINE!!!!!!!!

Jeez, this is so damn childish.

Bri-N
Apr 17, 2003, 04:33 AM
Most people that have duped weapons just want to play and mind their own business, but of course when a legit joins they get all psycho over it. Besides it's getting to the point where someone that might be legit is using a Lavis Cannon that he found and still take crap for it because that legit can't accept the fact that someone else has better shit than them....

BonusKun
Apr 17, 2003, 06:39 AM
On 2003-04-16 16:57, TeamPhalanx wrote:

Heh and it's threads like these where I see people having a stick up their ass comes out the most. You're no different from being an asshole Legit or a cheater because it's an equal thing on both ends of the spectrum and you're reeking of it right now.

KodiaX987
Apr 17, 2003, 08:41 AM
On 2003-04-17 01:43, CrazyJ wrote:
How about this: Legits play legit and have your fun...

Dupers and dupe users...play with your duped items and have your fun...

Now the hard part...DON'T MINGLE WITH EACH OTHER ONLINE!!!!!!!!

That's a utopia. It's like asking God to become good all of a sudden!

TeamPhalanx
Apr 17, 2003, 03:16 PM
On 2003-04-16 21:12, raiden999 wrote:...You actually expect every one to always sit here and think about every single little detail that you do?

What can I say, I have high expectations of people. Thing with cheater are that you can pretty much put their posts into two categories (no joke):

1) So stupid that it's funny.

2) So stupid that you start to shake your head.

If you're going to defend cheating, it doesn't help if you say stupid things.

Equal thing?

News flash: Cheaters are actually doing something wrong.

*gasp*

Perhaps that's why it's futile to defend cheating.

As for the 'just do you own thing' comment... You know, I wish it was that way, but it isn't. This isn't an offline game where one person's cheating has no effect on another's degree of entertainment from the game.

brillyfresh
Apr 17, 2003, 04:38 PM

again, with the general statements

how about Robin Hood, for the sake of example? what he did is obviously "wrong", if you were the Sheriff of Nottingham i guess ... but according to an overzealous legit, Robin Hood is still a cheater and should be scorned, hated, beaten, whatever fate an overzealous legit would have for a cheater ... like Robin Hood

and what would a legit know of the challenges of a cheater? maybe they have different goals and different methods to reach those goals, but walk a mile in their shoes ....... and another quirky quote like "takes one to know one" ... how much does someone really know about the other side if they have never been on the other side?

it sounds more to me that you have a problem with people having fun, especially people who don't have fun the way you do

and for someone who thinks scientifically, 100% doesn't exist ... 98% is a safer assumption, if a not-so-stupid person were to assume in the first place

you know who i will play online with? ANYONE, legit or cheater, so long as they don't mess with me or annoy me ... that's the only area where i will discriminate ... if you choose to segregate yourself by only playing with the same "kind", then have fun, i will certainly have mine elsewhere

raiden999
Apr 17, 2003, 04:59 PM
On 2003-04-17 13:16, TeamPhalanx wrote:

As for the 'just do you own thing' comment... You know, I wish it was that way, but it isn't. This isn't an offline game where one person's cheating has no effect on another's degree of entertainment from the game.

You know, 9/10 of the times, you would be the one to start all of this stuff... like when people get corrupted, you're usually the first one to jump on em about how they're getting what they deserve because they are cheaters. I mean, if people just post nothing at all, then maybe we could have a "do your own thing" situation... but I fail to see that happening anytime soon...

TeamPhalanx
Apr 17, 2003, 05:15 PM
You made no sense whatsoever. Why does it always come down to a review...

FACT: CHEATING AFFECTS OTHERS

No one out there can argue against this. It's 100% (omg! 100%!) correct - You know, like a law is science (which is something that applies 100% of the time)

The name of the topic asked how it all started. The answer is obvious.

It started with cheating.

raiden999
Apr 17, 2003, 05:25 PM
On 2003-04-17 15:15, TeamPhalanx wrote:
You made no sense whatsoever. Why does it always come down to a review...

FACT: CHEATING AFFECTS OTHERS

No one out there can argue against this. It's 100% (omg! 100%!) correct - You know, like a law is science (which is something that applies 100% of the time)

The name of the topic asked how it all started. The answer is obvious.

It started with cheating.

Well I've been thinking about that, and can you actually prove that all this nonsense started by the cheaters? The way I see it, it had to have started from the legits. I mean, what is a cheater gonna say to start something against a legit? Answer... nothing that I can think of, but feel free to prove me wrong there. But legits, on the other hand, are another story. Let's say you were the one that met the very first duper in the game. You ask where they got [insert uber-rare item name], and they say that they found a glich in the game which allows one to duplicate items (nothing said towards legits yet). First thing that you would say would be something like "that's cheating you know" and thus you would have started this nonsense. And yes this is all hypothetical, so don't assume that anyone is laying any blame on anyone other than dupers or legits.

TeamPhalanx
Apr 17, 2003, 05:27 PM
Okay...

Think about this scenerio.

There is no cheating in PSO

Does that makes it more obvious?

brillyfresh
Apr 18, 2003, 01:53 PM
of course cheating affects others, but positively and negatively, and cheating does not affect everyone ... and cheating affects deeply only those who allow themselves to be affected deeply by it

100% in science and law is theoretical ... ever heard the term "margin of error"? there is always a margin of error, and every human is certainly capable of it, being only human ... there is an exception to every rule, and nothing is absolute or 100% ... because if it was like that, this entire universe and everything in it would be simple to explain

about the question which is the topic of this thread, i think ultimately it started from cheating, because without cheating there would be no argument, but i'm sure the long-going debate/argument/bitch-fest, whatever you call it, was started from the first complaint made by a legit (and in the case of duping, a jealous legit ... very good quality http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif )

TeamPhalanx
Apr 18, 2003, 03:23 PM
Your statements only show that you've no clue what you're talking about.

Cheating has limited effect? There are so many facts to counter this I'm not sure where to start. I'm not sure if I should even begin either, since you'll still be blind to them (Numerous people have already posted on the matter)

Law is theory... That's such a sutpid comment I don't think I even need to counter it - Any mildly intelligent person would laugh at such a comment.

BonusKun
Apr 18, 2003, 03:59 PM
On 2003-04-18 13:23, TeamPhalanx wrote:
Your statements only show that you've no clue what you're talking about.

Cheating has limited effect? There are so many facts to counter this I'm not sure where to start. I'm not sure if I should even begin either, since you'll still be blind to them (Numerous people have already posted on the matter)

Law is theory... That's such a sutpid comment I don't think I even need to counter it - Any mildly intelligent person would laugh at such a comment.

lol omg you're still shoveling this mindless drivil? I think you need to take a serious chill pill. I posted this once before from a friend who compsed it and well here it is again.

I think I take the opinions of legit players far too lightly.

Why?

Cause they are not as legit as me!

Thats right. From now on, I am gonna play as legit as possible. If you want to cleanse your PSO soul, join me in the following steps:

1. Do not use the ice wiggle trick

2. Do not use Scape Dolls. If god wants you to die, you better die.

3. Do not use telepipes. If you need to go back to town, you have to run backwards thru all the levels you cleared. And if you can't go back all the way... tough.

4. Shifta and Deband are for cheaters and pussy ass ramars. Do not use it. However, if you can somehow cast it on the monsters, thats ok. The harder the game, the more legit you are.

5. If you were not designed with Trap Vision build in like a bot, then you should run face first into hidden traps the way nature intended.

6. Obviously, if you get poisoned or paralyzed, you are the one at fault. The true legits do not cure their poison or paralasis with items. If you don't have Anti, let the poison run thru your vains...

7. You must do three hit combos at all times. If its good enough for those level 81 legits playing and dying left and right in Ultimate, its good enough for you.

The following are for those of you who are ready to make the crossing into the plain of legit Nirvana....

8. Do not use mates of any kind. If you get hurt by a monster, it is obviously your fault. You had better die or beat the boss and get back up to Pioneer 2 in order to heal... Or you can level, but true legits question the legitimacy of that....

8.5 True legits know the decimal system, and will know to not use fluids or grinders either. They are just like mates.... they help the weak.

9. If the weapon has any positive percents, it must be a dirty Ramar dupe. Discard the weapon at once, and stick with the handgun you found in Forest 1 back when you were level 2.

10. Red boxes are most likely dupes that have been dropped by someone. Even if you are playing offline alone, its better to be safe than sorry. Stear clear of those dirty rares.

All the above rules apply in Challange mode games as well. If people complain, they are probablly dirty hackers, and you should not waste your time playing with them.

See even TeamPhalnax ins't legit. omg omg omg omg omg http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Raist
Apr 18, 2003, 04:40 PM
Wow, that was stupid. Those things aren't cheating because the creaters of the game put them in for people to use. Duping and cheat devices on the other hand are against the rules of the game and Sonic Team has tooken steps (allthough very few of them) to stop these things. It seems so obvious but some people still don't get it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raist on 2003-04-18 14:43 ]</font>

BonusKun
Apr 18, 2003, 04:45 PM
On 2003-04-18 14:40, Raist wrote:
Wow, that was stupid. Those things aren't cheating because the creaters of the game put them in for people to use. Duping and cheat devices on the other hand are against the rules of the game and Sonic Team has tooken steps (allthough very few of them) to stop these things. It seems so obvious but some people still don't get it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raist on 2003-04-18 14:43 ]</font>

Hello and welcome to SARCASM LAND!!!

Are you enjoying your stay?!?!?!

Oh wait Since cheating going on like you say, Did you know you were cheating in real life also?

ow one must think how this branches off into real life, and those who live life legit . . .

- Stores sell dupes, how else can they have so much of the same thing on the shelves?! The only way to be sure is to use and consume only what you find.

- All your friends are dupe accepting cheaters and will try and make you less legit, never trust them.

- You yourself could possibly be a dupe and your parents don't have the heart to tell you.

- Everyone else IS a cheater, therefore they are always wrong and you are always right.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BonusKun on 2003-04-18 14:50 ]</font>

Raist
Apr 18, 2003, 04:48 PM
...how very original of you. Anyway, sarcastic or not it was stupid. And I don't see why you posted it...twice even.

BonusKun
Apr 18, 2003, 04:52 PM
On 2003-04-18 14:48, Raist wrote:
...how very original of you. Anyway, sarcastic or not it was stupid. And I don't see why you posted it...twice even.

Oh I'm not even finished smartazz. Do you want some more to brighten up your sarcastic day? Seeing as you wanna call me stupid I feel that i can already say that you're fully intrested in some kind of quasi/indifferent relationship with me seeing as you just looove to take a stab at me each chance you get don't you puddin?

But, I like you too. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

here's some more...Just for you baby. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

#11 Also if you are truly legit you shouldn't use the MAG that they give you at the beginning of the game because that's cheating as well. It gives you extra stats and bonuses.

#12 Also, being a total legit, you must take a number. Usually in the form of the first, or the last, or even the middle legit. And you must broadcast it from every form of media online (websites, forums, chatrooms, etc.)

If you do not go out of your way to be a jerk to those lesser beings who accept items, you are not legit enough. Everyone who would be so bold as to call you an asshole is obviously a dirty cheater, so you must tirelessly attack them as well. The more, the merrier.

#13 A true legit, liking things to be as hard as possible, will never EVER use a keyboard in online play. If you must communicate with your team, use the soft keyboard built into the game. Please use correct spelling, and remember important rules of grammar, such as when it is most appropriate to use the semi colon versus using the colon. You must also space your words on the soft keyboard so that the words don't get cut in mid sentence, because fragmented sentences are a fopah on the road to good grammar.

You know I love you puddin. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BonusKun on 2003-04-18 14:54 ]</font>

Raist
Apr 18, 2003, 04:57 PM
On 2003-04-18 14:52, BonusKun wrote:
But, I like you too. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

He likes me!! He really likes me!!! ...and he called me puddin... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/blush.gif
Really man I dont mean to come off as always takin' stabs at you, but our opinions often differ so it happens.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raist on 2003-04-18 15:00 ]</font>

BonusKun
Apr 18, 2003, 04:59 PM
On 2003-04-18 14:57, Raist wrote:

On 2003-04-18 14:52, BonusKun wrote:

He likes me!! He really likes me!!! ...and he called me puddin... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/blush.gif

Damn skippy!
Anyone who gives me this much attention is worth talking to be he legit or dirty duper.

I like you man seriously all bullshit aside, you make me laugh and that is one of the few things i enjoy here. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Oh what the hell, here's another one just for laughs, This is the 133t PSO codes just for you people out there that don't have the AR or GS. You too can be the haxorz you always wanted to be.

Courtesy of my friend Sgt Retehi. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

No Game Shark, Codebreaker, Xploder, Action Replay, or Game Genie to make you look like the 1337 haxx0r that you are. Fret not, codes are here right now! You're just not looking hard enough.

PK Method:
Create a team, and go down to the depths of somewhere scary, like Ruins or Seabed. When someone joins, and asks for a pipe, Cast RYUKER, or place a telepipe in the middle of a bunch of rabid enemies. The player should be engulfed by the hordes of automatons, and you're all set to dance on their corpse, and ridecule them.

FSOD:
Join crowded lobbies a lot, and you'll get FSOD. Usually this happens when someone joins at the same time, just be happy that you took someone with you.

CK: (Character Kill)
Put on the Weather Channel, and see where theres big storms a brewing. Let's say Kansas is getting another tornado. Ask people in lobby if theres anyone from Kansas who wants to play. Pipe a lot, with the guy/gal, and hope that tornado hits the power while it's auto saving.

Item Mod:
Make a HUnewearl, and name her something from one of your porn magazines. Hit Vega blocks 1-3, and ask if anyones kind enough to give you a rare since you just lost everything to FSOD like the ditz you are forgetting to BANK it! Many of the horny losers in the lobby will offer you a rare in exchange for some cyber sex. It's not hard, just steal some symbol chats, and go from there. This will more then likely get you something nice.

Bank Rob:
See above.

Guild Card theft.
See above the above method, and offer cyber sex, or free rares, and some shmuck is bound to send their card.

Walk Through Walls.
Stay up for a period of 3 days, and just watch the magic that unfolds before your saggy eyes.

BSOD:
Get your remote control, and press POWER/OFF whatever the hell your remote says, and your TV should black out. Thus, why it's been dubbed BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH. Will it affect other players? How the hell should I know? It's like that tree falling and no ones around to hear it mumbo jumbo high people tell you.

Extra Lives:
Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Left, Right, Right, B, A , START.Once you press start, you'll hear a special noise. There you go.

Dupe Method:
Take some Meseta, and goto the shops, highlight a certain weapon, let's say HOLD ROD. Selcect BUY, and you should have one in your inventory, but EGADS! The item is STILL IN THE SHOP! Purchase as many as desired, and do whatever the hell you want with them. This can also be done with Meseta. Have 1000 Meseta with you, and keep pressing drop. Meseta should be crapping outta you all over the place.

Lag Pipe:
Pipe up and down from area to Pioneer 2, over and over, this keeps people from picking up items, and should get the greedy redbox whores from picking up. Frustrated, the player can't pick up the box, he leaves it. And you can go grab it.

Now you're all set to piss off people, and wage war against those dirty legits. I mean, its us against them, right?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BonusKun on 2003-04-18 15:15 ]</font>

Lieutenant
Apr 18, 2003, 09:35 PM
What the difference between a duped item and a Legit item besides the different ways they were found?

Wewt
Apr 18, 2003, 10:11 PM
On 2003-04-18 19:35, Lieutenant wrote:
What the difference between a duped item and a Legit item besides the different ways they were found?

A dupe is a COPY of the original legit item. It's that simple.

Orange_Coconut
Apr 19, 2003, 12:08 AM
Sorry to um, be off topic but... Hero Of Time, I see you've used some pics from that Italian site I posted in your sig http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

-Eden-
Apr 19, 2003, 01:31 AM
Its been turned into racism by people grouping each other into Duper/legit groups, but at the core of the matter its nothing like racism. Its the fact that legits are pissed because people are cheating, which ruins the value of their gaming experience.

Guile
Apr 19, 2003, 03:14 AM

Sorry to bring up an old post but TeamPhalanx your so wrong it's not funny, You always seem to speak for every damn "legit" out there on PSO like they all act the same. I know many people that have never touched, made, looked at a damn dupe and went to ult seabad and such as soon as they hit lvl 80!

You jump to conclusion so fast, if a person has a item that has been duped or very very hard to find you call them a cheater with no question..You also have posted many times to show that a "legit" poster on PSOW is flaming or a basher, well it looks like you are bashing!
Your little test won't work either becuase people act different, if you make a game called "no dupes" and a person joins yelling they have dupes and such that does'nt show that every duper or person with dupes will also do this..same with the legits

Aurra
Apr 19, 2003, 03:27 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif SNK/BonusKun, I would like to shake your hand, for those posts about things true legits should do might have been the funniest I have ever seen.

Edit: In fact, as the Rules of the True Legit dictate, I have taken a Legit Number (see sig) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aurra on 2003-04-19 01:34 ]</font>

BonusKun
Apr 19, 2003, 06:32 AM
On 2003-04-19 01:27, Aurra wrote:
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif SNK/BonusKun, I would like to shake your hand, for those posts about things true legits should do might have been the funniest I have ever seen.

Edit: In fact, as the Rules of the True Legit dictate, I have taken a Legit Number (see sig) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aurra on 2003-04-19 01:34 ]</font>

*takes a bow*
Although it's not my personal work Ihave to admit it was one of the funniest inspired written pieces of PSO material that had me chuckling.

btw Cute Sig. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Lieutenant
Apr 19, 2003, 08:31 AM
On 2003-04-18 20:11, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:

On 2003-04-18 19:35, Lieutenant wrote:

A dupe is a COPY of the original legit item. It's that simple.

So basically its just a copy what is the big f***ing Deal?

TeamPhalanx
Apr 19, 2003, 08:32 AM
Oh, that's funny..

You actually believe a player that uses BKB, TSUMIKIRI, and DOUBLE in a game has a chance of being legit?!?

That... says a lot about you.

Test is a test - You cannot argue with the results.

raiden999
Apr 19, 2003, 10:00 AM
On 2003-04-17 15:27, TeamPhalanx wrote:
Okay...

Think about this scenerio.

There is no cheating in PSO

Does that makes it more obvious?

No it doesn't, mainly because there is cheating in PSO, and as long as there is a way to cheat, there will always be cheating... It's about time for us to either get used to this fact, or we'll be seeing alot more threads like this one getting absolutely nothing accomplished.

The_Hero_Of_Time
Apr 19, 2003, 10:09 AM
Sorry to um, be off topic but... Hero Of Time, I see you've used some pics from that Italian site I posted in your sig
Is that bad??? no one has to know.
How did this topic get so many hits? All i wanted was an answer about my question. Not an all out war against people.

TeamPhalanx
Apr 19, 2003, 10:21 AM
Er... okay...

Um... let's try this approach.

Think of possible scenerios where cheating wouldn't be an issue...

On second thought, the heck with it.

If there was no cheating in PSO, there wouldn't be an issue, now would there? No cheating = No forum topic on subject. No topic = No posts.

Another scenerio would be where cheaters aren't in perpetual denial of the facts. How many times have you seen the 'cheating doesn't affect you' comment? It's been said a zillion times and killed a zillion times. I don't know why, but cheaters seem to have the urge to debate on a subject when they don't have anything. Call it being blind to defeat.

The actual topic itself wasn't all that big until pk became popular. I'm not too certain, but I think it was around that time that 'legits' became a separate group as a whole.

raiden999
Apr 19, 2003, 11:33 AM
Another scenerio would be where cheaters aren't in perpetual denial of the facts. How many times have you seen the 'cheating doesn't affect you' comment? It's been said a zillion times and killed a zillion times. I don't know why, but cheaters seem to have the urge to debate on a subject when they don't have anything. Call it being blind to defeat.

Yeah, I've seen that topic, and you know what? Aside from the pk and fsod codes released on the DC version, can you give any solid facts on how cheating does affect you? The only effect cheating has on me when I play is watching and laughing hysterically while some duper thinks they're the best and constatly gets killed.

brillyfresh
Apr 19, 2003, 01:35 PM
On 2003-04-18 13:23, TeamPhalanx wrote:

?? i never said that ... once again, you're reading something totally differently than what was originally written ... now what i said was that 100% is theoretical ... maybe your reading abilities aren't up to par ...

You actually believe a player that uses BKB, TSUMIKIRI, and DOUBLE in a game has a chance of being legit?!?

well they all originally had to come from somewhere ... so i say yes, there is a chance, however small a chance it may be

and yes, cheating affects me, and i LOVE IT hahahaha! (optimist vs. pessimist)

Guile
Apr 19, 2003, 02:33 PM
On 2003-04-19 06:32, TeamPhalanx wrote:
Oh, that's funny..

That... says a lot about you.

Your right it say's that I am trusting and that I really don't care becuase it is a game..and if it does'nt then I am saying that! The fact you give someone a title right off the bat and no questions asked shows a lot about you..
You always ask proof from others to show you that they are legit and what not but it seems you don't need much proof because you jump to conclusion damn quick!
Test: Do you think I am a "Legit" or a "Duper?"
and why do you think I am either?

Test is a test - You cannot argue with the results.
The test will get different results to many times showing that it will not work...

TeamPhalanx
Apr 19, 2003, 03:08 PM
Such 'tests' have been going on for quite some time now. And, know what? They all have consistant results.

Make a team with a title that says in one way or another, 'no cheater.' It's a sure thing you'll get one.

Guile
Apr 19, 2003, 03:20 PM
I tried the test with using both the "No Dupes" and "No Legits"

In the dupes, a man came in saying he uses dupes but just wants to play the game
another one came in saying he was gonna use dupes if I liked it or not

In the no legits, a man came in flaming me why I hate legits and that I am a stupid duper that can't play the game..

TeamPhalanx
Apr 19, 2003, 03:25 PM
Wow... And all that in 12 minutes...

That sure sounds like reliable data to me!

Wewt
Apr 19, 2003, 03:33 PM
On 2003-04-19 13:20, Guile wrote:
I tried the test with using both the "No Dupes" and "No Legits"

In the dupes, a man came in saying he uses dupes but just wants to play the game
another one came in saying he was gonna use dupes if I liked it or not

In the no legits, a man came in flaming me why I hate legits and that I am a stupid duper that can't play the game..

Hmm. I'm not sure if you actually did the test or not, but those results can happen.

In general, you shouldn't really do tests like those. I used to make "Droid Only" games. It was incredibly rare to have only droids in the game. Cheater or not cheater, I couldn't tell, because it was v1 and everybody was using junk like busters, railguns, etc. There are just assholes that will just try to annoy you when you make game names like those.

Guile
Apr 19, 2003, 03:36 PM
On 2003-04-19 13:25, TeamPhalanx wrote:
Wow... And all that in 12 minutes...

That sure sounds like reliable data to me!

Exactly, becuase the data will always change!
and it was 10 minutes

TeamPhalanx
Apr 19, 2003, 03:47 PM
Yes... You know, you should call up the FDA and suggest that they should make short tests valid.

Down with the long term result that's accurate, more short test are surely better...

Guile
Apr 19, 2003, 09:53 PM
The thing is, people act different! If a person uses, makes, or hates dupes or cheats in a game it does'nt mean everyone else who feels the same way will act the same way

Bri-N
Apr 20, 2003, 03:40 AM
On 2003-04-19 13:47, TeamPhalanx wrote:
Yes... You know, you should call up the FDA and suggest that they should make short tests valid.

Down with the long term result that's accurate, more short test are surely better...

Damn if you want reliable data why don't you try this experiment yourself? Why don't you go and try it for 1, 2 or maybe even 5 hours. Perhaps even take some screenshots, but seeing how things are in this thread you'd probably get your friends to show up, since you want to be right no matter what, and why do you jump to the conclusion that people that have dupes or cheat aren't skilled in playing this game? Back on Dreamcast there were people that had dupes, but did that make them unskilled players? No, some of them were the best battlers, and no they didn't use any codes in battle mode. BTW PK/CK/NOL/etc affects you, duping doesn't have to affect you since YOU get to decide whether you want the item or not.

Anyways its late so if I made a mistake then bleh...

TeamPhalanx
Apr 20, 2003, 06:47 AM
I already have, in fact, such a thing has been going on for years now.

Like W said, make a team that says "No x" or "y only" and you're sure to get an x or one that isn't y in the game. The only one where this doesn't apply is the "Cheaters only" scenerio.

That's why no one will do such a thing - Everyone already knows the results.

Wewt
Apr 20, 2003, 07:59 AM
Let me add that there are legit assholes and cheater assholes(if you didn't know this, spank yourself). Both "sides" will join the game to annoy you, based on the game of your name.

BTW, Phalanx, I've been in, and made games with that name. The results were incredibly funny, at least to me.

BonusKun
Apr 20, 2003, 01:12 PM
On 2003-04-20 04:47, TeamPhalanx wrote:
I already have, in fact, such a thing has been going on for years now.

Like W said, make a team that says "No x" or "y only" and you're sure to get an x or one that isn't y in the game. The only one where this doesn't apply is the "Cheaters only" scenerio.

That's why no one will do such a thing - Everyone already knows the results.

Gawd!!!
Don't you ever give up?

You're like a Legit Whack-a-Mole that that keeps coming out even after you've been mocked & hammered at the same time. Give it up already a lot of people don't enjoy listening to self rightious people like you.

Thank god for the legit players I know who don't act like you do. I would think i'd begin to think it was some kind of genetic trait.

TeamPhalanx
Apr 20, 2003, 01:14 PM
That didn't even make sense...

Good Lord... don't say that you've actually fooled yourself into believing that you're legit.

BonusKun
Apr 20, 2003, 01:19 PM
On 2003-04-20 11:14, TeamPhalanx wrote:
That didn't even make sense...

Good Lord... don't say that you've actually fooled yourself into believing that you're legit.

*Whack Whack Whack Whack*

Stop it pleaaassseee you're making my sex fall out!!!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BonusKun on 2003-04-20 11:20 ]</font>

TeamPhalanx
Apr 20, 2003, 01:25 PM
More meaningful posts... how... um... Heck, I can't even think of a word for this.

BonusKun
Apr 20, 2003, 01:30 PM
On 2003-04-20 11:25, TeamPhalanx wrote:
More meaningful posts... how... um... Heck, I can't even think of a word for this.

Oh please don't stop.

Come on and share with us oh great PSO budda of Legitness. Show us the error of our ways and walk us into your holy light of greatness!!

We love you so much that our hearts and minds burst with your mere prescence. I will build shrines to your greatness, I will sing in the lobbies and preach your word of the evil that we have all done so that we may aspire to join your wonderful legit game.

Oh how can my heart contain such these emotions that I shead a tear upon reading each one of your posts.

I think I'm going to cry now..... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Raist
Apr 20, 2003, 01:36 PM
On 2003-04-20 11:30, BonusKun wrote:
Oh please don't stop.

Come on and share with us oh great PSO budda of Legitness. Show us the error of our ways and walk us into your holy light of greatness!!

We love you so much that our hearts and minds burst with your mere prescence. I will build shrines to your greatness, I will sing in the lobbies and preach your word of the evil that we have all done so that we may aspire to join your wonderful legit game.

Oh how can my heart contain such these emotions that I shead a tear upon reading each one of your posts.

I think I'm going to cry now..... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

...you do realize your starting to sound like a 12 year old. You've went from actually trying to debate a point to just being obnoxious.

BonusKun
Apr 20, 2003, 01:40 PM
...you do realize your starting to sound like a 12 year old. You've went from actually trying to debate a point to just being obnoxious.

lol And you think TeamPhalnax isn't being just as dense.

How do you combat someone who's skull is thicker than granite? Kill em with flaming sarcasm. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Raist
Apr 20, 2003, 01:46 PM
On 2003-04-20 11:40, BonusKun wrote:
How do you combat someone who's skull is thicker than granite? Kill em with flaming sarcasm. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Lowering your level of maturity is never a way to win an argument, just a way to annoy people.

TeamPhalanx
Apr 20, 2003, 01:49 PM
Really?

I always saw it as making yourself look even more stupid than you already appeared to be.

You know, the common I've got nothing intelligent to say so will start blabbing approach.

BonusKun
Apr 20, 2003, 02:02 PM
On 2003-04-20 11:49, TeamPhalanx wrote:
Really?

I always saw it as making yourself look even more stupid than you already appeared to be.

You know, the common I've got nothing intelligent to say so will start blabbing approach.

lol What what do you expect when you're head is so solid?

It's like you don't like to debate, you like to post what you think are facts and then go in your roundabout way of trolling your way down to getting on people's nerves until you end up alienating a lot of poeple becuase your head is so far up your ass that you wouldn't listen to an honest opinion if it slapped you in the face.

Seriously, you've got issues if you take this game or being legit that serious.

This one line here fits you perfectly..

If you do not go out of your way to be a jerk to those lesser beings who accept items, you are not legit enough. Everyone who would be so bold as to call you an asshole is obviously a dirty cheater, so you must tirelessly attack them as well. The more, the merrier.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BonusKun on 2003-04-20 12:04 ]</font>

TeamPhalanx
Apr 20, 2003, 02:16 PM
Wow... so, this is a debate? Strange, since it just seems like you posting some nonsense.

What I think are facts? Oh, this is where this gets to be fun. Tell me, which of these aren't facts?

Duping = Cheating
Cheating hurts the game
Cheating affects all

Those are the ones that I commonly cite; I don't think any would say otherwise. So, which is false?

I'm sure you know me and my intentions so well that you can accurately say what type of person I am. I should of course treat your most recent post in the same manner I've treated other posts by you.

Oh, btw, food for thought. There's a post in Rants forum that Sham made. I made quite a few posts there, and only stopped after dj's post. Sham, as far as I know, is legit. Why did I tirelessly attack him when he isn't [i]a lesser being who accepts items[i]

It's funny. Everyone that seems to accuse me of being something... They should really evaluate themselves first.

Bri-N
Apr 20, 2003, 04:42 PM
Forget it BonusKun, like I said Phalanx wants to be right all the time thats why he skips around the questions that he knows we're right about. If I remember in another post, his "Last Legit" thing was left by a previous person that was either a girl or a guy so whatever...

TeamPhalanx
Apr 20, 2003, 04:52 PM
Hey, if you think one of the facts that I commonly cite are wrong, then feel free to point out which one. I listed the 3 I use most often, so it shouldn't be too hard.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TeamPhalanx on 2003-04-20 14:53 ]</font>

RuneLateralus
Apr 20, 2003, 08:12 PM
Ok, this has gotten way out of hand. Time to put this one to rest.