PDA

View Full Version : Planning for a Te/X Build after they distribute the passes.

Ran Yakumo
Jan 10, 2014, 12:21 PM
As the title suggests, I am planning for a Te/X build.The "X" there suggests what to sub.

I can either go Te/Hu or Te/Fi.I need the numbers for each so I can tell which one would synergize well with Te.

That being said, it also dictates what tech to master.Some say go with Dark, others Wind, with the Sazan 16 as a follow-up suggestion.So I'll start with the trees.

Te/Fi

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06hTbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIk0jeb IoqnGKsN6JiGA000006ebHoGAbnGKfcAjr0000fb000000lb00 0009b000000j4Ods5kfdsI2HSjGOI2000002OqBGAIkzxIk000 08

Te/Hu
http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06eGbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIk0jeb IoqnGKsN6JiGA000006ebrbGAbAGFfJjnrA0000Ib000000lb0 00009b000000j4Odq5dfdFI2J2jkbI2I2000082OqBGAIkzxIk 00008

Geistritter
Jan 10, 2014, 02:31 PM
Hunter does nothing for you in the Technic department. Don't do it. Techer isn't suddenly going to be a melee king; Technics are still going to be its best source of damage.

Arksenth
Jan 10, 2014, 02:36 PM
TE/FI plays more like a dump PP into strong tech -> melee PP back style, while TE/HU plays more like a tech to fill gear -> rely on melee for damage style. FI has more gimmicks that synergize well with TE like Adrenaline and Chase Advance skills, but HU has more damage. Although HU's Iron Will with Never Give Up works well with TE given how apt-to-die the class is and how TE has quick and unlimited heals with Resta to take advantage of the invincibility second. So it really depends on if you're more interested in playing a melee build or a more-hybrid-teching build; it really comes down to personal preference, and both can be pretty decent in the hands of the right handler (although both still kind of suck compared to mainstream stuff like GU/HU or even FO/FI.)

TE/FI build looks good except you probably want one point in Adrenaline, Knuckle Gear (for dashing) and Chase Bind; TE/HU build could probably use full points in Wand Lovers by the 15th update (well, depends on more details, but if they keep the cooldown/duration scaling the same, yes) - you can take some out of Territory PP Save since TE/HU isn't going to be chaining techs back to back as much.

Wind is pretty much the standard way to go these days. Dark was more common when Wind didn't have a well-rounded single-target/small-target/range damage tech, but now Sazan 16 is out, Dark is kind of outclassed. Especially since Wind has more utility skills, the only Tech that really rewards you for being close range (Zan), is on the same branch as the melee wand stuff, and also has a strong 10* wand that boosts Wind Techs (Windmill).

Ran Yakumo
Jan 11, 2014, 03:30 AM
I am still debating between Wind and Dark, I don't care if the Technics' damage aren't that high, as long as I am having fun.

Level 16 Sazan is hard to get, it seems :/
Any ideas on getting it?

Ratazana
Jan 11, 2014, 04:54 AM
The last Ark's Quest in Desert.

You can get it from green boxes (very low chance), red boxes, robot factories (domes) and drill trial.

Sweep 1st and 3rd blocks as they have boxes on all dead ends. Rush through 2nd block as it got no boxes on "fake exits", but it does have boxes on both ends of the middle circuit.

Ran Yakumo
Jan 11, 2014, 05:18 AM
There, I'll sweep with my teammates.Hopefully, I'll get 2.For now, I'll decide what to build and what to keep, given the points by Arksenth

thanks!

Rayden
Jan 11, 2014, 01:21 PM
Don't forget about all the Wulffs in that Desert quest. Rare (completely red) versions have a chance to drop it, and that's where I found mine. You can Mirage Escape into Wulffs to keep respawning it until you get a rare one, and then just shoot it to destroy it when you do find one.

It can take a while to spawn a rare one sometimes, though. It depends a bit on your luck and patience.

TaigaUC
Jan 16, 2014, 10:32 AM
What's better for Te/Hu all-damage no-support build?
Maxing Wind Mastery, or going for Elemental Weak Hit, Territory Burst and Territory PP Save?

TaigaUC
Jan 16, 2014, 08:17 PM
Never mind. I think I have a pretty good idea of what to do, now that I've tried Te/Hu out for a bit.

qoxolg
Jan 17, 2014, 01:45 AM
What's better for Te/Hu all-damage no-support build?
Maxing Wind Mastery, or going for Elemental Weak Hit, Territory Burst and Territory PP Save?

A bit late, but:
For TE/HU I'd go for EWH. For TE/FI I might consider going for full Wind mastery. On TE/HU I don't use much techs at all, especially with wand lovers now, I can almost keep up my gear, without the need of charging.

My TE/HU currently has something like:
Full WL, full Wand Reactor, one point in Extended Assist, one point in TB, 5 mandatory points in PP restraint, full EWH, one point in dark mastery and the rest is put in Wind masteries.

My HU is a fury build, without the second fury boost and instead I've put points in Iron Will and one point in never give up. And a few points in step advance.

Till now very satisfiying. Soloing AQ's with this build and the current cap prices is awesome.

Yutaka20
Jan 19, 2014, 09:36 PM
TE HU is pretty much quite powerful.
in case new FoTE type players dont know.
with the new wand gear revamp. TE HU build has become so much more powerful then it use to.

firstly ur Satk is crazily high.due to wand gear boost (Tatk converted into satk + ur weapon's satk.
secondly wand lover has no pp 0 effect anymore as well as extended duration.
in addition that u gain step atk during wand lover mode.
so u can use wind when u not melee atking. to gain gear and go wand explosion all overthe place.
abuse zondeel to help u gather mobs.

qoxolg
Jan 20, 2014, 04:42 AM
Just wondering if others experienced the same, but to me it feels like the amount of invincibility frames on step during wand lovers feels a lot better then regular step on Hunter. It was actually piss easy to dodge the banthers 4 hit combo.

Still haven't solo'd much of the SH bosses with my TE/HU. Anyone tried some of the harder ones?

Arada
Jan 20, 2014, 05:29 AM
It's still pretty long.

Vol Dragon doesn't move so much so Wand whacking is efficient but the fight still takes ages.
Quartz Dragon is tough. It just moves too much and since techs are not good as TE/HU, the fight takes forever.
Ex Dragon is the easiest of the dragons so it's pretty easy but still quite long.
Banther + Banshee are now very easy bosses. You just dash in their legs and they can't do much.

Haven't fought Blu Ringada yet.

Xaelouse
Jan 20, 2014, 05:33 AM
As long as you have wand lovers active zesh became a little easier, but SH quartz, dragon ex, and hunar will give you trouble still. They'll just keep throwing attacks at you and stall out your wand lovers. In the case of the dragons they'll force you to use dark techs, which makes for a painfully slow fight since you most likely wont be specced for it.

Arksenth
Jan 20, 2014, 11:13 AM
Looks like they gave step the full invincibility duration, which is great. Thank goodness the step attack is actually quick instead of something like bow too.

Crafted Ramegid really helps for the dragons since you actually get a chance to charge it with charge reduction and since it gets a 15% SE bonus.

Ran Yakumo
Jan 21, 2014, 06:51 AM
On to my Te/Hu atm, EWH build and multiple wands.Kinda efficient.

My solo battles are doing well unlike other class builds I've tried (Gu/Hu;Br;Hu;Gu/Ra).I find Te/Hu equally enjoyable to Ra/Hu,Fo/Te and Br/Ra.

To finally make a comparison, I am gonna try Te/Fi soon, I already have Sazan 16, some customized techs and the wands themselves.

holmwood
Jan 21, 2014, 08:08 AM
My personal experience with WL on te/hu and te/fi was pretty meh.
Wand lover's main problem is its duration and cooldown... duration is way too short for the cooldown. A good portion of your time is spent being the same old derpy techer.

PP convert + using your subclass weapon/techs could be a good use of the cooldown. However, I invested into ewh instead of pp convert so that's not a viable option for me. I was also thinking about subbing braver and making use of katana combat during the cooldown period. Zanverse+20seconds of invulnerability seems great in my mind. But Im traumatized by how derpy techer is still to even try. :-?

Then again, Im a noob. If someone can post a video as proof of concept, that'd be splendid.

Coatl
Jan 21, 2014, 10:43 AM
I don't really mind the cooldown simply because your gear is still there once the skill wears off. I do find the wand reverting back to mirage to be annoying though, yeah. I mean if you really wanted to mirage that badly you could just have an all-class rod/talis handy. Or better yet, just play force.

Anyway, more mobs in your zondeel = more damage. And it gets pretty absurd sometimes. I can kill all the gulfs and gulfurs in nab II in the tundra area in like 10 seconds tops with territory zondeel and just a lot of wand smacks. They literally run to their deaths too. This is important to note since this wouldn't be possible in Very Hard mode.

The only thing to be warry of is enemies that are already in attack animation when you zondeel. They most likely will hit you and unless you have someone else that can dispatch of the enemies you've sucked in, it will be for naught. :v

One thing to know about TE/HU though. It is absolutely TERRIBLE at boss killing. I can manage a decent time if I take the lv56 rockbear in nab II but besides that, it's just painful. :/

Arksenth
Jan 21, 2014, 12:08 PM
Yeah, melee TE has really gotten a lot more utility in SH where the mob swarms are so huge and move so fast to you. A lot of the traditional FO AoEs don't cut it as well for spawn patterns anymore; TE is probably the fastest way of dispatching a large spawn, especially if the spawn generates secondary mobs after its first wave.

But bossing remains an issue.

qoxolg
Jan 21, 2014, 12:28 PM
^this.

Where Techer shines is mobbing. I dare even to say that TE/HU or TE/FI might be the best mobbing class. In AQ's I'd rather solo now with the low cap requirement, since I can simply Zondeel, and one hit kill those large groups of lv56 mobs with a wand smack and I don't have to worry about friggin lightning forces and people that keep enemies separated or run in all directions or do shitty map codes. All I miss are bursts that spawn more then one enemy, but bursts have been shitty anyway since that one update.

Techer might be getting more relevant again when the SH AQ's arrive.

Bosses.. yeah.. It did get quite a bit better since the WL update, but still far behind the other classes.

Ran Yakumo
Jan 21, 2014, 01:53 PM
Yeah, melee TE has really gotten a lot more utility in SH where the mob swarms are so huge and move so fast to you. A lot of the traditional FO AoEs don't cut it as well for spawn patterns anymore; TE is probably the fastest way of dispatching a large spawn, especially if the spawn generates secondary mobs after its first wave.

But bossing remains an issue.

Pfffttt...

I don't have any problems on bosses.EWH, corresponding wand element, and Coat Edge D should do the trick.Plus, Zanverse when a boss stays on one place does a lot of damage.I tend to freeze stuff a lot on SH, specifically Mining Base Defense where Barta spells are your top priority on your lane, other than that, whack things.

I can still do damage and the same function as an Fo/Te.People talk about damage and not function makes the game boring.

qoxolg
Jan 21, 2014, 03:17 PM
Vids or it didn't happen! :wacko:

Zanverse when solo? The time it takes to charge zanverse, you could give a few wand wacks that would do more damage, or am I missing something?

Ran Yakumo
Jan 21, 2014, 04:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZhXFP82geM

This is where I base my moves.I have the Coat Edge D instead of the Madam's Umbrella, unlike this player, I use Zanverse on slow mobs/bosses like Mizer, Gu Wonda, Kukloneda/Cycloneda(however you spell it).

I have different wands, Lightning-Ice-Fire-Dark and I switch between elements, depending on the map I am in.

Arksenth
Jan 21, 2014, 04:18 PM
That is 40 minutes for a Very Hard Darkers Den solo. Emphasis on Very Hard. As in not Super Hard. And 40 minutes isn't even good for that map.

I wish players would stop basing their assesments of melee TE off videos of TE blasting through lower difficulties as if it was actually indicative of how the class handles at end game.

Ran Yakumo
Jan 21, 2014, 05:10 PM
That is 40 minutes for a Very Hard Darkers Den solo. Emphasis on Very Hard. As in not Super Hard. And 40 minutes isn't even good for that map.

I wish players would stop basing their assesments of melee TE off videos of TE blasting through lower difficulties as if it was actually indicative of how the class handles at end game.

I am not talking about the difficulty, I am talking about how I need to make a move on keeping myself efficient.

I don't mind the damage and the time.Who cares? I farm stuff.My SH enjoyability is fine.

holmwood
Jan 21, 2014, 07:36 PM

Zanverse when solo? The time it takes to charge zanverse, you could give a few wand wacks that would do more damage, or am I missing something?
Well, 20% (~ 30% with wind mastery 1 and 2) extra attack for 5 seconds with a cast time the same as foie-type techs when crafted (1 second > > .5 seconds crafted).
That's an extra hit for every 3-4 hits... It's kind of meh now that I did the calculations properly...

Still, it'll also get you double explosions per wand whack which is always eye searingly pretty. Pair that with that light dagger camo and you get triple explosions... :-? eeeeeeeeeeeee

Coatl
Jan 21, 2014, 10:11 PM
That TE soloing VH Darkers then is silly simply because they didn't skip ragne or zesh. Who actually killed those back in VH den? :I

Well what I do is, if I'm fighting a relatively bulky mob who will stay there for awhile and has their weakpoint exposed (garongo, king yeti) I use an uncharged zanverse and smack away. It still gives you the 20-30% extra wind attack.

qoxolg
Jan 22, 2014, 03:04 AM
Still, it'll also get you double explosions per wand whack which is always eye searingly pretty. Pair that with that light dagger camo and you get triple explosions... :-? eeeeeeeeeeeee

That sounds like a pretty solid argument to me :wacko:

Imagine 10 enemies, Zondeel > Zanverse > Wand smack with light dagger camo.. :-o