PDA

View Full Version : Dragon EX tips? (Melee)

beatrixkiddo
Jan 15, 2014, 01:00 AM
Does anyone have any advice regarding Dragon EX's attack pattern/vulnerable moments for a Fighter? I'm having a terrible time soloing it on Very Hard, even at level 54. All of his attacks do ~400 of my 810 HP, and it's hard to find time to actually attack while recovering from all of his attacks.

milranduil
Jan 15, 2014, 01:24 AM
For easy mode, use Symph. Drive 16 with t-dagger gear. Invul frames are reasonable during twirl, so you should be fine dodging most attacks except the stab. I've dodged stab with perfect timing and still taken damage after because it has some stupid delayed temporal damage hitbox.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 15, 2014, 01:37 AM
Dragon Ex is quite literally 'break his right arm, and you win'.

Xaelouse
Jan 15, 2014, 02:02 AM
Deadly Archer and Symphonic Drive have an easy time breaking his right arm. You'll have numerous opportunities to attack him once you do.
If you dont have a twin dagger and can't get in the air, just run around the arena and step out of some of his attacks and he'll eventually do his stupid roar. Wail on his head or right arm until the next attack.

Shinamori
Jan 15, 2014, 02:09 AM
Wait, breaking his right arm?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 15, 2014, 02:27 AM
Wait, breaking his right arm?

It slows down his worst trio of attacks; the quick slash, the lunge, and spin to easily telegraphed speeds. Instead of having to anticipate those attacks most of the time, you can react to them much easier.

Breaking that arm does effect other attacks, but those are the key attacks that are absurdly fast and annoying before you break that arm.

Coatl
Jan 15, 2014, 10:39 AM
I think Maninblue means his right wing, or his left wing. Dragon EX does have arms, but they are very very small.

Kamekur
Jan 15, 2014, 12:21 PM
Affix your saber with poison I (obviously soul and power 3 too) and let RNG do the job. Learn his patterns, his tells are quite easy to read.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 15, 2014, 01:35 PM
I think Maninblue means his right wing, or his left wing. Dragon EX does have arms, but they are very very small.

Well he does have arms, and a non-functional pair of wings on his back afaik, so what do we call those body parts he swings as weapons? :-?

Also, I did mean dragon Ex's right. Not the player's right

milranduil
Jan 15, 2014, 01:41 PM
Honestly, I think the most descriptive would be shield-sheathed bayonets. I don't know how else you could really describe them lol...

beatrixkiddo
Jan 16, 2014, 01:35 PM
Ugh it took like 8 runs of bashing my head against him but I finally managed it. The first 4 were spent dying before I could even break anything, then I did about 3 runs where I broke both arms, turned him orange, and died trying to break his head. The first success was when I didn't bother going for his head and only focused on the broken arms until he died. Yay!

Thanks all, especially Bobby~

SakoHaruo
Jan 16, 2014, 11:38 PM
His SH version is the same as his VH rage mode except he does maybe 2 more attacks, idk it's been awhile. In this fight countering attacks is must better than dodging them. The only thing you need to worry about is his horizontal strike attack, the hit box on that move is pretty funky. Don't forget to punish his cool down with your strongest PAs. Keep your DPS high and he won't even be able to move.

Katana: every time you need to just guard follow up with Gekka.

Bow: focus on breaking his wing first then destroy his face for multiple stun.

Sword: just guard, follow up with sonic arrow. timed overend on cool down.

Wired Lance: just guard, follow up with something powerful

Saber: break one wing then destroy his face with DA for multiple stuns

Twin Dagger: lulz you can cancel most attacks so your free to do what ever.

Knuckles: Lrn2Rope-A-Dope

Rods: hold down the A (<-) key and spam attacks, don't forget to 360 no scope. will have to mirage some attacks.

Wands: Lrn2Rope-A-Dope