PDA

View Full Version : new here: help with ranger

phonub
Jan 15, 2014, 01:14 AM
hi guys,

I am downloading the game as I type this. I would like to make a ranger, but I have a few questions I would like to ask.

1. I am debating between a dewman(since they are new) and a cast. I loved playing racaseal in the previous game, but I want to try the new race dewman. is there a major difference in the races? I know from pso cast has high hp and high attacks. is it also in pso2 the same? is dewman worth trying? or should I stick with my racaseal? is what I am asking.

also, the reason I want to try out dewman is because they can put on costumes like humans( I like the aesthetic stuff in the game too, but do not like humans so I won't roll one). and casts cant put on costumes which sucks, that's why I am considering a dewman.

2. Mags. I know they are a lot different from pso. should I focus on r-atck for my ranger only?

3. subclasses. I read you can switch subclasses at anytime. but if I have a subclass guner at lvl 15 and I want to switch to a subclass br or hu. can I still go back to the guner with it being at lvl 15?

thanks for the info!

Sandmind
Jan 15, 2014, 01:50 AM
1. Dewman and cast Ratk are very close. Cast still does have more hp. But racial stat difference aren't as big as it used to be in previous game. It's more cosmetic now and cast can use all specie fashion, but those cannot be recolored unlike the regular fleshies fashion. If you like to switch from mechanical to clothe with only a few buttons, then cast can look very human.

2. For Ra and Gu main, focus on Ratk only. Unless if you want some dex for gear requirement at current endgame.

3. Each class can be main or sub at anytime, don't level reset and need to be leveled separetly. Sub class gain 10% of main's exp until lv45 right now. Right now, for Ra main, Hu is the better sub, with Gu as a somewhat distant second.

GALEFORCE
Jan 15, 2014, 01:54 AM
1. Race and sex don't matter much in the grand scheme of things. The worst you could do is play a teching class with a cast. There are slight stat differences if you're into minmaxing, but the difference generally amounts to ~1% or so less damage by endgame.

Casts can put on costumes, just not those for humans oonly, which are about half of them.

2. Ratk only is fine. No more than 30-50 dex with the rest in ratk is also acceptable.

3. Your classes keep their levels.

Edson Drake
Jan 15, 2014, 08:12 AM
Deuman have high ATK overall, tied with Cast as mentioned.

However Casts have better overall stats, if you're into min-maxing. For appearances, it shouldn't matter much, so you can go Deuman without worrying.

My previous RA/HU was human, and I deleted it and made a Racaseal, barely noticed any difference.