PDA

View Full Version : Wand Lovers Appreciation Thread

Arksenth
Jan 16, 2014, 12:56 AM
So I just got Wand Lovers, and holy shit, this skill is actually much greater than I thought it would be. So I'm making this thread to share everything I love about it.

I can use step-attack to JA my Tech now instead of using a crappy slow Wand attack or an uncharged tech on PP starved TE/FI
It synergizes so well with Zondeel. Suction mobs in, dash backwards, step-attack forwards and stun-lock them all
For PSE bursts, I can just focus on Zondeeling and smacking instead of trying to suction all of the mobs together first.
I can actually land hits in between the attacks of fast bosses now!
I can get first approach on mobs
I appreciate how fast the animation is - you barely notice it because it's so smooth to start up
The damage buff is really, really noticeable. I'm doing 18k damage (11k+7k) on normal wand smacks now from behind.

No, really, I think Wand Lovers has kind of revolutionized TE play for me. I'm really glad to have it. Other thoughts?

Tenlade
Jan 16, 2014, 01:06 AM
With this and the luck to have an Elysion with its potential unlocked, uncharged techs actually have a niche use.

If you're lucky enough to get the -10pp consumption on a crafted grants ,you can just instafing uncharged grants at everything without having to worry about charging wand gear.

Rayden
Jan 16, 2014, 01:11 AM
I agree. I still only have three points in it (haven't reset my skills yet), but I love it. Wand Lovers is a beautiful skill. I just wish the fist pumps for other active skills in the game worked this fast.

qoxolg
Jan 16, 2014, 01:52 AM
I agree.

It's a good improvement on TE/HU as well. It also helped me to decided to go for Iron Will on the HU tree, increasing my survivability quite a bit (which is much needed with the long boss fights a Techer must face). I was positively surprised by the much faster fist pump.

Before people think TE is the new goto OP class, NO.

It's still a niche class that needs some form of a spike/burst damage to become more relevant when fighting bosses. Maybe if everyone asks for Wand PA's or something like that in the survey, it might actually happen... someday.. :wacko:

NoiseHERO
Jan 16, 2014, 01:55 AM
So ya'll would say it's still a niche pick?

Does it at least move up the class food chain to somewhere around fighter's level?

Also too lazy to search for stuff but how spammable is wand lovers again? is it fury stance where you just fist pump it back on? or will you be hit with like 30second/5 minute cooldown after it's done?

Arksenth
Jan 16, 2014, 01:57 AM
No ww

TE is still the most terrible class.

It's just more fun to play now is all.

NoiseHERO
Jan 16, 2014, 02:00 AM
eugh...

Rakurai
Jan 16, 2014, 04:26 AM
Would this build (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06fbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIk0lbIn 0000000lb000009b000000lb000009b000000jkbdqHXfdsI2H SjGAIb00000Ib000008) be good?

I didn't want to give up either Wind Mastery or EWH, and thought that Wand Reactor was probably the weakest skill for boosting a wand techer's damage (As it only scales with your wand's T-ATK), so I dropped most of the points in it.

Terrence
Jan 16, 2014, 04:44 AM
- Greater cooldown than Stances but far less duration.
- Usable with other weapons but applied to wands only.

A fantastic work indeed. -_-'

Xaelouse
Jan 16, 2014, 07:30 AM
not having access to step every 30 seconds is shitty. Should just be a stance, or allow step during the cooldown.

gigawuts
Jan 16, 2014, 09:01 AM
Step is the best part of it here. The maxed gear is alright, but it's never why I turn it on. Although, I expected it to empty the gear bar after it cooled off, so it's nice that it leaves it there.

TaigaUC
Jan 16, 2014, 09:06 AM
They should rename it to "Step Lovers".

Inb4 they start adding similar skills to all classes.
New Hunter Skill "Stick Lovers":
Allows Hunter to Mirage Step for a short period of time after fist pumping.
Also exclusively increases rod damage by 30%.

Will definitely be a major game-changer.

Coatl
Jan 16, 2014, 10:39 AM
Techer can be a pretty good boss filler if you sub Force and main dark mastery and have the elysion. But that's really situational and not really practical for mobbing.

I like the wand lover skill, but TE is not good with bossing alone still..

Arksenth
Jan 16, 2014, 11:17 AM
It's more of a toggle on skill that you use whenever you need it, so I'm not too upset about the cooldown since there are plenty of reasons why you'd want Mirage Escape. Wish the duration was longer though.

Liking the new Ramegid recipe in conjunction with a latent Evil Curst for boss killing, so that helps TE a little.

TaigaUC
Jan 16, 2014, 08:11 PM
I tried Te/Hu for a bit.
It feels like a fix for wand attacks and not much else (ie. makes the AOE smack more effective).
Doesn't really do anything for the fundamental flaws of the Techer class.
It's as if its sole aim is to appease Techers, not to make them viable.
SEGA actually wants people to play Gunner and Braver. Techer? Not so much, it seems.

Maybe it's just me, but simply doing regular attack over and over gets pretty boring too.
I kept feeling like we should have some PAs to complement the Techs.
For example, a homing rush attack that can be cancelled into Techs for extra damage.
The UI isn't really set up for that kind of thing though (no PAs on wands, etc).

How does invulnerability during Wand Lovers step dash work?
It felt like I was able to dash through enemy attacks easily without any points in dash invulnerability.

Rakurai
Jan 21, 2014, 08:28 AM
As fun as Wand Lovers is to use, it's made me realize that rare wands don't have a dex bonus on their striking attacks.

Which is pretty stupid, considering that Techer is supposed to be a hybrid class and what not. I'll be extra peeved if weapons like Bibras Bow and Falclaw have the dex bonus on their tech attacks...

isCasted
Jan 21, 2014, 05:27 PM
Well, I found myself switching from Te/Fi for Te/Hu because of this update. And I like it.
I just found that you can't be good at both teching and melee (which is why Te/Fi is preferred usually) without "Techer Mag" everyone keeps talking about. Bravers can totally go mixed and pure thanks to ability to use or ignore Braver Mag, keeping or ruining hybrid nature this way. Techer absolutely needs the same option.

Yes, it's amazing for mobbing and bad for bossing... which is rather weird for a hybrid. All classes have PAs for both multi- and single-target damage (Braver shines yet again). Even Forces have Nafoie and Namegid and non-Te/Fo can't take advantage of those, but why would you play Te/Fo and not Fo/Te then? It becomes rather confusing if you put it that way. Wand PAs would be a great addition to the game, but eh...

Step Attack is quick and very reliable. It's actually better than on most melee weapons. With lv43 Te/Hu it took me around 15 seconds to kill Rockbear in VH NabII just thanks to right timing of Step.

Arksenth
Jan 21, 2014, 05:34 PM
Really? I found the opposite this update, TE/FI has become even more viable than before. 8 PP Sazan (plus fast-cast Zan, Ramegid and Ragrants) has made TE/FI an incredibly sustainable and DPS-capable caster. I'm more interested in using Wand Gear for Zondeel clusters than bosses, though, so I don't really notice the difference between TE/FI and TE/HU for that purpose since damage is so high either way. I've kind of given up on soloing bosses effectively with TE anymore, because no matter how you slice it it's terrible.

I don't really think TE needs Techer Mag since Mags are more about equipping items than they are about additional damage, and with the exception of a few wands, all wands are perfectly equippable at end-game even without any investment into S-ATK. Wand Reactor serves as a perfectly decent equalizer for stats - even with a pure T-ATK spec, I have equal T-ATK and S-ATK at 2100ish for both with Wand Reactor.

Won't disagree TE needs something for bossing to be more well-rounded though.

Tenlade
Jan 21, 2014, 09:23 PM
As fun as Wand Lovers is to use, it's made me realize that rare wands don't have a dex bonus on their striking attacks.

Which is pretty stupid, considering that Techer is supposed to be a hybrid class and what not. I'll be extra peeved if weapons like Bibras Bow and Falclaw have the dex bonus on their tech attacks...

Wait what, tech casting weapons dont have that damage range boost that regular rares have?

Coatl
Jan 21, 2014, 10:06 PM
Uhm, I would think they do. My tech damage on FO is very much consistent.

Sanguine2009
Jan 21, 2014, 10:14 PM
well sega gets off on techers tears so this would not surprise me in the least

Rakurai
Jan 21, 2014, 10:24 PM
Wands have the bonus for tech attacks.

They definitely don't have it for striking, as I'm seeing a damage range of around 1.8K to 2.5K on my swings.

On the plus side, I guess this means TE/HU users won't suffer much from using extended weapons...

Bellion
Jan 21, 2014, 10:27 PM
That's because each of the 3 wand smacks have different damage multipliers. It's not that your numbers have a wide range.

Rakurai
Jan 21, 2014, 10:29 PM
That's because each of the 3 wand smacks have different damage multipliers. It's not that your numbers have a wide range.

Oh.

Well, that's good to know. I wasn't aware that striking attacks had differing modifiers on each hit of their combo (Seeing as I almost never actually do any melee combat).

milranduil
Jan 21, 2014, 10:32 PM
Easy to see example is twin dagger attacks. They have wildly different damage multipliers.

TaigaUC
Jan 22, 2014, 08:23 PM
Wand Lovers is amazing for wiping out massive groups instantly.
I Zondeel'd around 30 enemies and flattened them all in 2 swings.

Shame that it's useless against bosses (single target damage doesn't stack).
And in multiparties. Why?
Because every single time I use Zondeel, there's always a caster that throws out another random lightning spell.
Na Zonde seems to be a popular choice, even when they don't use it normally.
It's like the Zondeel beckons to their primal urges and they cannot resist.

"A Zondeel?! Must... Na... ZONDE!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

I'm starting to see JP symbol arts begging people to stop detonating Zondeel.
Wand is pretty useless without being able to suck all the enemies into a focal point.
SEGA ought to make individual Zondeels immune to influence from other players.

Arksenth
Jan 23, 2014, 01:15 AM
To be honest, TE is the single most efficient mobber in the entire game - not only can it demolish an entire spawn in just one swing of the wand, but it can set up a bottleneck for the entire MPA to concentrate fire upon as mobs rush you and as late spawns show up. As well as bring significant support capacity in the form of frontline buffs and heals.

So while yeah, it sucks at bossing, it's the ultimate mobber - or it WOULD be if we didn't have trash FOs who aren't smart enough to adapt when a melee TE is in the party and think that their 6k damage Zonde is somehow stronger than 300k damage from multiplicative Wand swings on the entire cluster and then catching every late spawn and far away spawn in a centralized point for the melees to finish off.

Oh well, I guess that useless detonated Zondeel is pretty.

MetalDude
Jan 23, 2014, 01:41 AM
With customized S/D, Resta, Megiverse, and Zanverse, support versatility feels so much better now. It's not perfect, but damn it feels good to keep a 12-man group smashing through clusters in seconds. That and a number of quick charge technics make it feel like I can apply some pretty good damage to the field myself now. Pop PP Convert, Zondeel off a talis and drop Nafoie until your PP regen can't even catch up. Shit, I can almost actually knock out Goldradhas reliably now with how fast I can unleash damage with 11k Nafoies on each one (I still leave GUs/BRs to do most of the heavy lifting, but I'll take it).

Rayden
Jan 23, 2014, 01:44 AM
I'm starting to see JP symbol arts begging people to stop detonating Zondeel.
I don't suppose you could send me the .sar file or direct me to somewhere where I could obtain this symbol art? I would like to use it myself.

Arksenth
Jan 23, 2014, 01:45 AM
I have "ゾンディール起爆させないで" on shortcut word =x

TaigaUC
Jan 23, 2014, 03:07 AM
Yeah, but English players wouldn't be able to read that.
Unless the Chat Translator handles it for them. Assuming they use it. Which they probably don't.

I think I saw the symbol art maybe once in-game.
The other one I saw is only depicted here:
http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image.php?id=24759

Hah. Found it:
http://wikiwiki.jp/pso2sa/?sa45

Sakarisei
Jan 23, 2014, 04:25 AM
Since Wand Lovers is near a must have, TE as a main class (And melee focused) is more viable, although with some disadvantages. Firstly, Wand Gear's AOE is ok, but maybe not the best option since TE/HU has got lower T-ATK than other techers so although some people will use some SP for getting full Wind Mastery or Dark Mastery, maybe the plan of getting max level of Wand Lovers + Wand Reactor + Both wind masteries / dark masteries won't be profitable, unless TE player ignores EWH for getting a "hybrid".

I can't consider a hybrid a TE/HU with 35% melee bonus via wand lovers. That's a FO with more melee focus than a balance of melee and techs, or at least my opinion of that so... the thing of making a hybrid of Wind / Dark Master with melee wand, in my opinion, that role will be obsolete in the future.

EWH is now much more important for Wand Lovers, and that's a point that many people should know, since i can deal about 13k in weak hits and element weakness, and about 11,2k without element weakness.

Oh, and finally, HU weps are still better in a TE, since i can do even more dmg with my Delvada Sword 50% light and Negative Destroyer lv 3, in darkers, of course.

Maybe TE/FI will be the best option for Wand Lover, who knows (FI helps in Wand explosion).

Coatl
Jan 23, 2014, 10:30 AM
In what situation would you use a sword as TE?

gigawuts
Jan 23, 2014, 10:30 AM
I really want to try te/hu (or hu/te if necessary) with wands for multiple targets and a sword or wired lance for single targets plus some techs on the side, weapon tatk permitting. The Traitor Linear is passable for this given its base tatk, and can even do te/hu, but its base tatk is mediocre and it's fairly expensive. A Madame's Umbrella has less atk but is way more affordable.

On paper (or more accurately, in my head) it seems semi-plausible. You get Element Weak Hit for a 20% damage bonus with the right element, and Hunter weapons normally only get between 21%-33% from Braver or 44% from Fighter so it's not too much of a loss. Granted, you probably also lose out on some satk from your mag.

I dunno, it sounds fun. I've just got too many other items clawing at my wallet right now.

Coatl
Jan 23, 2014, 10:40 AM
I just probably wouldn't touch swords on TE without sword gear or just guard. x_x WLs seem more plausible. If I can land at least 15-20k with a TE heavenly fall than I'll be happy.

Gama
Jan 23, 2014, 12:02 PM
i still need to redefine my playstyle to adapt to wandlovers so...

TaigaUC
Jan 25, 2014, 07:41 AM
Te/Hu doesn't seem very useful in Tower Defense.
Maybe I'm just not playing correctly.

I found it difficult to get wand attacks off, because unlike Shunka Shunran, wand attacks are slow, have less range, and cannot stay above Goldrada attacks.
This results in a high probability of getting knocked down.
Even if I tried to stay above Goldradas, wand doesn't have the vertical range to attack non-Goldrada types, so it felt like I wasn't hitting the mantises, dagans, etc.

It's also kinda difficult to get enemies together because of them being separated and/or frozen.
Enemies escape from Zondeel quickly, so it has to be constantly recasted too.
Probably better to just let other people take the enemies out. Or Zondeel.

The game also lags from the wand elemental burst effects, making it difficult to see.
At least with Shunka Shunran I can still see what's going happening.

Still a long way to go before Techer stops sucking, methinks.

gigawuts
Jan 25, 2014, 08:20 AM
I still say Techer's best possible fix would be a handful of PAs.

Even if they're just shared with other weapons.

Give wands Serpent Air, Guilty Break, and Asagiri Rendan for starts, if not moves similar to them.

TaigaUC
Jan 25, 2014, 08:21 AM
Yeah, I've been saying that too.
I keep thinking I have a PA on right mouse button, but then I remember I'm using a wand :(

It makes you realize that SEGA just half-assedly slapped Techer together.
Doesn't help that several rods are "wands" and several wands are "rods".

Kondibon
Jan 25, 2014, 09:39 AM
Doesn't help that several rods are "wands" and several wands are "rods".I agree about the PAs, but come on, that's^ hardly a point worth making when there are Wired Lances that are knuckles and a sword and rod share the exact same model. ._.

TaigaUC
Jan 25, 2014, 10:57 AM
What I was trying to say is that it adds weight to the theory that they didn't put much effort into distinguishing Force and Techer as separate classes with unique purposes.
The wired lances that are knuckles and sword/rod sharing the same model are also examples of laziness, just like Techer's design reeks of laziness.
Wands and Rods are too similar, and they even confuse them themselves. It reflects how similar Force and Techer are.

Techer still feels like more of a subclass (or shadow of a class) than any other.
I don't think it's a stretch to describe Techer as being a mere extension of Force.
The way the skill tree element bonuses are split between Force and Techer also suggests that.
"Hey, we couldn't fit all the skills we wanted on Force's skill tree. Let's just make a subclass with the rest of them."

What if you want to play Force and use Wind/Light/Dark? Too bad, you'll have to sub Techer.
What if you want to play Techer and use Fire/Ice/Lightning? Too bad, you'll have to sub Force.
What if you want better PP regeneration for Force? You'll have to sub Techer. Blah, blah, blah.
No other class combo relies so heavily on each other.
Well, ignoring the fact that almost every class relies on Hunter Fury Stance now.
I mean, you don't see vital Rifle or Launcher skills in the Gunner skill tree.

Gunner, Fighter and Braver can all stand on their own.
They don't really play anything like Ranger, Hunter or Force, either.
Their weapons all function differently enough, regardless of reused models.

Meanwhile, the most significant difference between Force Rod and Techer Wand are the SATK and TATK stats.
The other major difference is obviously Wand Lovers giving incentive to use Wand regular attacks.
But that's hardly any depth. Wow, regular attacks! Big whoop!
That entire mechanic relies entirely on enemies overlapping, too.
Techer's primary viable unique mechanic revolves entirely around a single situation. Woohoo!

Techer still can't stand on its own, and I doubt they will any time soon without a major overhaul.
Buffing the skill tree isn't going to make them much more unique or fun to play.
It shows that it's a core design issue.

If it were me, I would dump all Techer's current crap on Force and competely redo Techer with their own set of PAs and Techs.
I'd then implement a system where Techer can combine those PAs and Techs for fun results that serve unique purposes.
But if I were SEGA, I'd consider that to be too much work.

I keep thinking back to the live broadcast, when they said "the Techers on staff really like the Wand Lovers change!".
I can't imagine how anyone who seriously plays Techer could possibly be satisfied with just the Wand Lovers change.
Unless they only have one finger to play PSO2 with. Then it all makes sense!
"Oh, man! Look at the big numbers and pretty lights I get when I click left mouse button! This is the best!"

Kondibon
Jan 25, 2014, 11:35 AM
I still agree with you about everything else, I just don't think "wands are basically staffs" is the reason techer feels so derivative. You could say the same thing about tatlises (and people have).

EDIT: OHOH! So like, Personally, I think every weapon, rods and talises included should have PAs. But like, what you said about techer PAs combining with techs gave me an idea. Like, what if wand gear affected them, and wand gear's element changed depending on the last tech you used instead of the element of the wand. So like, if you use a PA after using a charged tech then wand gear would change what it does slightly. That would be cool. I would be all over that. I also thing wand gear should charge on uncharged techs, and techer should be the class getting the uncharged tech stuff.

THEN I want a rod gear that, gets charged by rod PAs and consumed when using techs to boost them, and I don't just mean striaght up % damage boosts but things like sword gear or tech customizing. Maybe Foie gets faster and a larger grazing radius, Megid knocks things down, Zan shoots more disks, Zondeel gets a biger AoE, etc. stuff like that.

I dunno about talises though... Maybe something like having them stick to enemies instead of going through them. The damn things are hard to aim. :I

Tenlade
Jan 25, 2014, 12:47 PM
No other class combo relies so heavily on each other.
Well, ignoring the fact that almost every class relies on Hunter Fury Stance now.
I mean, you don't see vital Rifle or Launcher skills in the Gunner skill tree.

And thats exactly why. In a game about killing things fast with more damage, the class that gives the most damage will always be the top option. since hunter cant boost force or techer tech damage, they get shafted and have to use each other for damage, (or fighter).

The idea is that techer and force compensate for less damage with thier infinite healing and support (more so techer since it isnt the best in melee or techs). the reality is that support outright sucks, so you're left with a class that cant really do anything as well as other classes.

Sanguine2009
Jan 25, 2014, 01:06 PM
i still say that techer would be 100x more viable if pp regen while charging was an innate part of techs rather than a skill in the force tree

Tenlade
Jan 25, 2014, 01:22 PM
It doesn't seem to matter for any other class's charging PAs, and it still wouldnt fix the fact you're still having to charge to do comparible damage to another class's uncharged attack.

Boosting the power of uncharged techs would help though, especially since sh enemies don't always leave you alone long enough to fully charge namegid and such.

Sanguine2009
Jan 25, 2014, 01:42 PM
it does not matter for PAs because in addition to charging faster they do waaaaay more damage, enough extra damage to more than make up for the higher pp cost + charge time. techs niche is lower pp costs in exchange for charge time on everything but the whole lack of pp regen completely kills that use for techers. its one of the reasons elysion's latent is such a big deal to techers as it gives them a method of viably dealing damage besides using wand melee or becoming a gimped version of a fo/te

of course i would prefer just giving techer elysion's latent as a skill as it would help set techer apart from force and would synergize well with the more melee focus techer has

Arksenth
Jan 25, 2014, 01:46 PM
TE might rely on "regular attacks", but the key feature is that it does multiplicative damage - no other class in the game is capable of such feats. That alone make TE single-handedly the strongest mobber and frontline bottleneck support in the entire game (assuming no Zonde-spammer is in the MPA) - a single sufficiently full Zondeel is enough to boost TE's wand smack damage to that of BHS/Kamikaze Arrow, instantly obliterating everything in your suction in a single hit, and then continue to entrap mobs as they progress or respawn. That's how I've been consistently getting 1st place and 3rd place at a minimum in Tower Defense with TE/FI even when all my teammates are GUs and BRs.

The playstyle is pretty complimentary to certain teching styles as well especially now that Tech customization is out. Being constantly in range for wand smacks means that you can really take advantage of quick-charge close range DPS dumping techs like Zan, Ramegid and Ragrants now without suffering PP burn like a ranged FO does (and dealing noticeably more damage as well given your enhanced multipliers and better position to take advantage of zero range techs).

Really, there's still something that needs to be done for single-target damage, but the general playstyle of TE is perfectly fun to me. Juggle multiple gauges of PP and gear by alternating techs and mele while playing a game of chicken up-close and dodging is pretty interesting compared to the lol-stand-back-and-spam-right-click playstyle of FO. I would prefer SEGA do stuff to complement that playstyle, like give Wand Gear a bonus on bosses or yes, just flat damage increases. Just because you find swinging around a wand to be boring and "not unique enough" doesn't mean everyone feels that way.

And I dunno, I have a fully latented Elysion and I'm STILL using Windmill/Evil Curst more for general purposes just because I can clear mob spawns and kill bosses faster with Wand Gear and Quick-Charge DPS Dumping than I can with uncharged Sazans. An uncharged tech skill of 200% on TE would be overkill, and would just serve to make it into the go-to subclass instead of a stand-alone class. Maybe people shouldn't be expecting to play TE as a pure caster.

Tenlade
Jan 25, 2014, 02:15 PM
Techer does really well against bosses honestly since everyone is close enough that you can actually resta/shifta your party and the techs help disable some bosses.

I think they're actually terrible for mobbing since other classes can take down the higher hp enemies like cyclondas and bird mages, and techer does not have the hitpoints to handle enemies lunging at them from offscreen.

Arksenth
Jan 25, 2014, 02:20 PM
Techer does really well against bosses honestly since everyone is close enough that you can actually resta/shifta your party and the techs help disable some bosses.

I think they're actually terrible for mobbing since other classes can take down the higher hp enemies like cyclondas and bird mages, and techer does not have the hitpoints to handle enemies lunging at them from offscreen.

Beefy mobs just die in the face of Wand Gear. I can kill an entire spawn of El Adhas in less than a single wand combo if I have enough of them suctioned in. =< How else do you think I'm getting 1st place consistently in TD otherwise?

And like I said, the in-your-face risk of TE is what makes it appealing to me. Listen and watch out for cues, dodge appropriately.

MetalDude
Jan 25, 2014, 02:22 PM
I might have to buy a second tree for WG TE/FI in the future then. I've been waiting for a while on more experienced users to provide feedback on Wand Lover changes before deciding if I wanted to invest in it. Since I've been enjoying FO/TE so much more in terms of support and mobbing, I feel like an aggressive TE/FI would be right down my alley then. Anything to make TE more than a PP/Support boosting sub for FO, really.

But like with any FO or TE combination, it's the last class I'd every try to play solo when it comes to bosses. Fix that (in a modest manner, please dammit) and I think FO and TE will be in a good spot.

Arksenth
Jan 25, 2014, 02:26 PM
I might have to buy a second tree for WG TE/FI in the future then. I've been waiting for a while on more experienced users to provide feedback on Wand Lover changes before deciding if I wanted to invest in it. Since I've been enjoying FO/TE so much more in terms of support and mobbing, I feel like an aggressive TE/FI would be right down my alley then. Anything to make TE more than a PP/Support boosting sub for FO, really.

But like with any FO or TE combination, it's the last class I'd every try to play solo when it comes to bosses. Fix that (in a modest manner, please dammit) and I think FO and TE will be in a good spot.

qoxolg and I are probably going to come out with a joint melee/hybrid TE guide soon - he'll handle the TE/HU aspects, and I'll write about the TE/FI aspects. It's not the most efficient playstyle, but there's certainly ways to maximize it - and it's a hell lot of fun in the end.

MetalDude
Jan 25, 2014, 02:31 PM
qoxolg and I are probably going to come out with a joint melee/hybrid TE guide soon - he'll handle the TE/HU aspects, and I'll write about the TE/FI aspects. It's not the most efficient playstyle, but there's certainly ways to maximize it - and it's a hell lot of fun in the end.

Awesome, been curious about the differences between the two sub choices for awhile as well. And the thing that keeps me going in this game is changing things up. I can't just be BR/HU (or HU/BR) or GU/HU forever. It's nice feeling so powerful, but variety and community are the only two things keeping me in this game. It's why I bothered to level (nearly, RA's up next) every class to the cap and gear them all. So I'm looking forward to this for sure.

Tenlade
Jan 25, 2014, 02:31 PM
Beefy mobs just die in the face of Wand Gear. I can kill an entire spawn of El Adhas in less than a single wand combo if I have enough of them suctioned in. =< How else do you think I'm getting 1st place consistently in TD otherwise?

And like I said, the in-your-face risk of TE is what makes it appealing to me. Listen and watch out for cues, dodge appropriately.

Whats your s-atk and t-atk? I don't get nearly enough damage to to kill in a single wand combo with a 11*xq wand.

MetalDude
Jan 25, 2014, 02:33 PM
I'm wondering that as well. You don't mention Stina in your selection which from an outsider perspective sounds like an ideal WG choice Wand.

Arksenth
Jan 25, 2014, 02:44 PM
It depends. If you're TE/HU, you're probably more interested in buffing up your wand melee damage since fewer of your multipliers apply to Tech and Wand Gear (T-ATK based), but if you're TE/FI you can get away with focusing on T-ATK since you get stronger multiplier for teching and then insane multipliers for WG once you get a SE on. So in this respect, your Wand Gear is amplified more than that of HU since you get more multipliers AND you have a stronger T-ATK driving it, but the trade-off is that your wand smacks aren't strong enough to be stand-alone. So basically when it comes to wand damage, if you're smacking a single target or if you only have a few mobs in your zondeel, TE/HU is much stronger; but the more mobs you get caught up, the stronger TE/FI becomes.

My S-ATK and T-ATK with no buffs just looking at lobby right now is 1965/1971 - that's with a full focus on T-ATK and PP (so all Elder Soul and Tech III), but with Wand Reactor.

My weapons are Elysion (full T-ATK affix), Windmill (split affixes) and Evil Curst (full S-ATK affix)

Tenlade
Jan 25, 2014, 03:26 PM
Te/fi, with 2241 s-atk, and 1822 t-atk. No idea how much a difference a wand with 20 more element would change,(i got a siren hammer but didnt end up getting the t atk to equip it), but I'm nowhere close to killing enemies in tower defense before everyone else. and tend to rank more 10th-12th unless im knuckle dashing to crystals. (figures that actually buffing people with shifta gives 0 points)

Imjake
Jan 25, 2014, 03:27 PM
LOL Te is NOT a terrible class, unless you're a scrub of course

qoxolg
Jan 25, 2014, 03:47 PM
Te/fi, with 2241 s-atk, and 1822 t-atk. No idea how much a difference a wand with 20 more element would change,(i got a siren hammer but didnt end up getting the t atk to equip it), but I'm nowhere close to killing enemies in tower defense before everyone else. and tend to rank more 10th-12th unless im knuckle dashing to crystals. (figures that actually buffing people with shifta gives 0 points)

It depends on the amount of enemies you suck in. If you suck in enough enemies, most trash mobs die in one hit, though because of lag, you often can get in a second hit.

As for TD with the first wave its easy to come in first by completely grabbing the first spawn with zondeel > smack and predict the second spawn with the El Adha's and do the same.

The second and third waves are harder for techer, since there aren't much large groups and the enemies are more scattered. I usually go for crystals during these waves.

Wave 4 and 5 Techer can do pretty good, as long as you stay around the towers and zondeel everything in just before it reaches.

The final wave is a mixed bag, because everyone shoots lazaors :wacko:

I am a TE/HU though, so TE/FI should probably do a bit better (and you guys also have knuckle dash to get more crystals). My highest rank so far with TE/HU was 2nd and quite often 4th. With bad runs I end up somewhere in the middle, never last.

Also, compared to other classes, the radius of techer is huge thanks to TB.

Ever since AQ's got cheap, I'd rather solo them now, then to find a party that has a big chance of slowing me down.

edit:
Though I'd have to admit that I love the idea of Wand PA's (http://q-arts.deviantart.com/art/Wand-PA-367809731)

Arksenth
Jan 25, 2014, 03:50 PM
This was the last TD. Party was all GU and BR except for one HU except I didn't see a single HU weapon the entire time so it was probably someone with a Susanoguren. -_-

http://i40.tinypic.com/2zexc40.jpg

Anyway, strategy as general is follows:

Round 1 - be at front center to suction all Dagans together with Zondeel (WL and TB Active) - they should all die in one or two smacks if you time it properly. Knuckle Dash to El Adha spawn, zondeel -> razan -> combo. This is good for both you and MPA because not only do you get points, but you actually kill both waves faster and more renewably than a BR can with Katana Combat.

Round 2 onwards - center yourself at Purple Base but watch for approaches at side bases - if Purple base is free and a mob spawn is approaching Green/Blue, knuckle dash to Green/Blue and establish a Zondeel + WL smack range. If they're approaching from the opposite side (i.e. you're at blue and it's at green), ignore and collect crystals - you aren't going to get there in time.

Final Wave - focus on mobs instead of Vibras - start at Purple and work your way towards spawns.

Expect to get most of your points in the initial and closer to final waves, as the middle waves don't generate that huge of spawns.

The basic concept is deceptively simple - you're just abusing your multiplicative damage to wipe out the huge mob swarms with massive dumps of damage. But it relies a lot of timing and execution to pull off. Basically, the way I'd describe TE is that it's somewhat of a skill gate class. With enough timing, dodging and execution (and no trash FOs around), you can be better than the other classes at mobbing abet still the crappiest bosser ever. Or you could just play GU or BR, your choice.

I didn't get Elysion until after this TD, so I'll probably be consistently 1st instead of 2nd~4th some of the time now.

Ever since AQ's got cheap, I'd rather solo them now, then to find a party that has a big chance of slowing me down.

ARGH YES. Solo AQ by myself = 10 minutes. Full man party AQ with a single Lightning FO = 20 minutes. gg

Also it's funny how we said pretty much the same strategy for TD.

Omega-z
Jan 26, 2014, 05:10 PM
Fixed

It depends. If you're TE/HU, you're probably more interested in buffing up your wand melee damage since fewer of your multipliers apply to Tech, but if you're TE/FI you can get away with focusing on T-ATK since you can get a stronger multiplier for casting and then have added multipliers for WG once you get a SE on. So in this respect, your Wand Gear is amplified more than that of HU under the right conditions since you get more multipliers and you have a stronger T-ATK driving it, but the trade-off is that your wand smacks aren't strong enough to be stand-alone. So basically when it comes to wand damage, if you're smacking a single target or have mobs in your zondeel, TE/HU is much stronger; but the more mobs you get caught up with an SE, the stronger TE/FI becomes.

jooozek
Jan 26, 2014, 05:34 PM
-snip-
lol @ being 1st with just 1500 points

TaigaUC
Jan 26, 2014, 05:40 PM
Te/Hu effectiveness relies way too much on what the rest of the multiparty is doing, too.
Whether they're cancelling your Zondeel or what.
If they suck, you end up being useless.

Being on top in TD just means you timed the start and finishing hits correctly.
I've been in a bunch of runs where English-named players constantly top the charts by hanging around up north and crap like that.
Really hate that scoring system.
Fastest runs I've been in were with JP players who stayed at the towers and worked together.

jcart953
Jan 27, 2014, 11:11 AM
See idk I've seen plenty of jp players hang up top as well but personally I don't care so long as they can actually kill the mobs quick, not scatter them and so long as the whole mpa isn't up there hanging out.

gigawuts
Jan 27, 2014, 11:15 AM
It depends on the player/party effectiveness. A well geared, experienced braver (or a few other classes) will be able to wreck spawns as soon as they show up.

Anyone less equipped won't be able to kill things fast enough, which will split up the spawn as some run to the tower and others turn around halfway to deal with the player up there.

Generally, from what I've seen, triple runners will be at towers. Quadruple runners will be omgwtfing everything the instant it spawns. Double runners will be splitting up spawns thinking they're quadruple runners.

Gama
Jan 27, 2014, 11:29 AM
they could port single saber pa's from psu, some of them were very interesting.

Arada
Jan 27, 2014, 11:42 AM
I totally agree with this.

isCasted
Jan 27, 2014, 11:42 AM
they could port single saber pa's from psu, some of them were very interesting.

This.

Gama
Jan 27, 2014, 11:55 AM
@8:35

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wqGju1Zwwk

jcart953
Jan 27, 2014, 12:14 PM
Wow so many PA's I forgot about, drunking knuckles, that slicer blast one and so many others. On a side note so many pa's from psu look more agile then the ones we got now. I really hope the new ones we getting around spring are useful.

Omega-z
Jan 27, 2014, 06:57 PM
Gama - There's more Striking PA skills not listed in that video and some of the attack patterns were changed as well. Use Psupedia to look up the names to find the rest easier.

Gama
Jan 27, 2014, 08:38 PM
it was an example.