PDA

View Full Version : How are your friendlists?

Edson Drake
Jan 18, 2014, 10:03 PM
Mine's shrinking a lot lately.

I used to see 80~90% of all my game friends online. Now it's about 15%. Are there really so many people quitting the game?
It's a bit sad as I used to have some mad rave parties with some and now it's getting quite lonely.

The Walrus
Jan 18, 2014, 10:07 PM
I have about 15 people on my friends list. Haven't seen any of them on in at least a month now ;_;

I mean sure a few of them I know IRL so I bug them all the time but whatever

Kiyumi
Jan 18, 2014, 10:08 PM
I add people with cute characters or names I like and never talk to them

I have no friends ;-;

FlashGrenade0
Jan 18, 2014, 10:15 PM
Well for me I think the fact that my Friends list is so small is because I joined the wrong ship. Apparently Ship 2 is predominately English people, but I didn't know that before starting the game and now I've progressed too far to scrap my character to do so. In other words, the sadness of the panda is great.

NexusAZ
Jan 18, 2014, 10:17 PM
Lol friends

strikerhunter
Jan 18, 2014, 10:17 PM
FL mainly consist about 50 randoms that wanted me for NPC >_> (77 totaled with those that I play with).

Only 25 real friends that I played with, bout only 10 are playing now. I wouldn't said that they quit but more like took a break which everyone needs when it comes to playing any game.

I see most go inactive after summer and winter break.

The Walrus
Jan 18, 2014, 10:19 PM
FL mainly consist about 50 randoms that wanted me for NPC >_> (77 totaled with those that I play with).

Only 25 real friends that I played with, bout only 10 are playing now. I wouldn't said that they quit but more like took a break which everyone needs when it comes to playing any game.

YOU MEAN THEY NEED A
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
CHAOTIC BORDER BREAK!?

btw-Niji
Jan 18, 2014, 10:19 PM
Well for me I think the fact that my Friends list is so small is because I joined the wrong ship. Apparently Ship 2 is predominately English people, but I didn't know that before starting the game and now I've progressed too far to scrap my character to do so. In other words, the sadness of the panda is great.
Go pay for ship transfer? 500AC isn't much and would be worth it in your case.

edit:
My friends list is mainly team mates... minus two players. All are very active, though. Anyway, I don't see the point in adding players onto your list if you're not actually going to talk/play with them so my list is fairly small. I don't send random invites like a lot of people do.

strikerhunter
Jan 18, 2014, 10:21 PM
YOU MEAN THEY NEED A
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
CHAOTIC BORDER BREAK!?

lol didn't even notice what I wrote until you caught me.

Ye I guess most just lost interest in playing like the current trend is and as always will be.

pkemr4
Jan 18, 2014, 10:22 PM
i have like 50-60 friends but only 10-15 are ever online. and when they are, they either afk in block 20 or cant get on b10-11 during EQs >_>

Emp
Jan 18, 2014, 10:54 PM
They could be busy with real life. College, family, job, ect. I myself play less this time of year cause of college.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 18, 2014, 10:55 PM
the real question is who has me as a friend and never parties with me
everyonehere

The Walrus
Jan 18, 2014, 10:56 PM
But I'm not even on your ship.

Ok my alt is but still...

Walkure
Jan 18, 2014, 11:00 PM
3 People online, 25 offline. 'Bout the same as usual.

Gardios
Jan 18, 2014, 11:04 PM
To be frank I don't really pay it any attention.

Railkune
Jan 19, 2014, 01:40 AM
I have a nice bit of people from these forums on my list due to a few Meet n Greets, but I never actually play with them. I'll have to change that and bug you people more.

And somehow I keep missing Cyron lol.

Freshellent
Jan 19, 2014, 01:44 AM
I generally only have about 3-5 active people on my list. I'd say I only have about 30 people, maybe less than that total. Course, I wasn't around for a long time and I only recently added some people.

I would say it's mostly my fault. My team is reasonably active and full of nice people. So I've been able to get TAs and general help when I need it. I'd be way more open to people if I wasn't so goddamn awful at the game, it's embarrassing to party up most of the time.

EvilMag
Jan 19, 2014, 01:50 AM
the real question is who has me as a friend and never parties with me
everyonehere

Your NPC used to be an amazing WBer.

Make it a ranger again. :(

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 19, 2014, 01:56 AM
But
She was always a launcher user

I turned her back into a ranger awhile ago >w>
http://puu.sh/6qaTb.png

strikerhunter
Jan 19, 2014, 02:03 AM
I don't even want to talk about my friends list. The thing is a hot mess.

Yep I can see it now.............0 online 100 offline.

NoiseHERO
Jan 19, 2014, 02:24 AM
I have like 14X people...

I forget where from...

I only talk to like 12 of em.

and only 30 at most ever still come online.

TaigaUC
Jan 19, 2014, 03:59 AM
Whenever I get a new friend (JP or English), they tend to quit pretty quickly.
I've been advertising my friend partners recently and so some people friended me.
Only a few of those seem to have already quit.
Occasionally someone comes back to GJ me once, then vanishes again.

ReaperTheAbsol
Jan 19, 2014, 04:03 AM
I've got 200 "friends" added. A few of those players are from here, some are randoms that I met a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, some are teammates, and many are randoms that have added me because I set up Sora as an NPC for public use. On average I see about 35/200 online, but I hardly talk to anyone on my list, and most of them don't talk to me either so yeah. :wacko:

BennyAu
Jan 19, 2014, 11:36 AM
I just started so my friends list is pretty small. Like 2 people, well least both of them play somewhat. Would like more friends but everyone who plays this game seems so anti-social D;

RadiantLegend
Jan 19, 2014, 03:12 PM
Lets see

24 Online

86 Offline

I like my friends list even though some people go inactive. Its a way of preserving my history of the game.

D-Gold
Jan 19, 2014, 03:28 PM
Well there is this one guy who hasn't been on in about 5 months but came back recently...oh wait its me :3

Edson Drake
Feb 1, 2014, 04:57 PM
Sorry about the necro.

This will come somewhat as a rant, but I've been wondering about this lately as my friendlist keeps dwindling.

Today, I had some taco experience at B20. I usually do my Tacos alone, I'm not an expert at them, but I know the shortcuts and can at least do them by myself. Now, this is something that annoys me: Tacos are like work, and I play this game to relax and do it exactly to forget about work. Playing with more people somehow makes it less stressful and sometimes even enjoyable.

It started as a typical VH+1SH Sanctum. For some reason the leader started in SH. Everything was dandy until we reached the 'ransas and Quartz. The other two guys were dying a lot so I spent all my moons reviving them, and actually dying twice in the process(non-invincibility frames when reviving someone wtf Sega...). Thankfully, in one I was revived by the Mag, so I finished the Caterdransa with Rodeo Drive and helped killing the Quartz.

End of the run, the leader left the party. Awesome.

We tried getting a 4th guy, but no one joined and we decided going at just 3. At Nab, one of the guys forgot to get the shortcuts while I was at the other side, and he got some flak from the other bloke. I tried joking about it, that I wondered why I didn't see the rappies to lighten the mood. No big deal right? A minute over at most.

We finished the run, the bloke that complained left, thus, crippling our runs. Elitism is a bitch.

Sure, it seems no one does tacos for fun, we all need the meseta for our OMG Loli cosplay panty party(I'd rather play with Racaseals thank you very much), but if anything is killing the mood for this game, is the heavy elitism.

The ones that "OMG you can't kill SH Vol with one hit? j00 suck" *Shunka Shunka*.

The ones that accuses people of autism without even knowing what it actually means.

The ones that feel they have the right to insult people in a screen that's supposed to compliment other players for their efforts(TD Good Job screen in case you're out of the loop).

The racists. Just the other day, I saw people bashing some Russian guy in B20 for apparently no reason, besides not undertanding what he said. Bashing on Brazilians, because Brazilians supposedly say "HUEHUEHUE BRBRBRBR" everywhere.(I have yet to see that, frankly I don't know where the guy came up with that). It's funny, because they are Americans, playing in a Japanese server, that forbids filthy gaijin, where they are exactly that.

Stay positive right? It's a wonderful philosophy. So I keep on playing, but not so many people can stomach that for long:

I invited many friends to this game, many from old PSOBB. "Wow this game is really nice, so much better than PSO".

... after three weeks: "wow so many assholes in this game, I am outta here".

Just this last month, a very special friend joined me. I gave her a quick overview and we started playing. We had a very nice Team in PSOBB at Ultima server, cool folks, very friendly community(albeit small), I used to have a blast playing over there where everyday I met decent people. Sure there were the jerks, the drama Queens, but it happened seldom and it was such a pleasant feeling playing over there.

This week saw the AQ 200% boosts, I used it to level both my RA/HU and FO/TE to 65/65, so I told my friend who's barely level 20 to "go to B20 while I level a bit, you may meet some cool people around your level or just chat around, and if anything happens I'll help ya out".

She went to B20 while I was playing and after an hour, I noticed she was back to B01. "Did you see B20?"

"Yeah".

She didn't log back ever since.

It's sad, that it's a minority that causes problems, it's a very specific clique that seems to enjoy making other players feel miserable, it's sad.

My friendlist keeps dwindling, my blacklist growing, and everytime I try to make a party with some people and I ask to go to B20 to get more people, they just don't want to step their feet there.

And sure, the game can become boring too. I had my time off for a while, but I keep coming back, some of my friends haven't logged in, say over 3 months.

I am almost 30 here, 29 to be exact. Isn't about time we had a "mature" english block? Let's make a block for mature players(doesn't need to be age-wise). A place where we'll ignore all above and just play the game.

Be nice.

(sorry for the rant btw and not intended to offend anyone in particular, but I feel some people seem like to just want to drive people away from this game, also, I don't really want to sound too righteous, so excuse me if I caused that impression)

Geistritter
Feb 1, 2014, 05:04 PM
Most of the people who play this game make me want to exterminate our species. I have three people on my friendlist as a result.

One of them is an alternate account.

Gama
Feb 1, 2014, 05:25 PM
my friend list is selective.

jooozek
Feb 1, 2014, 05:43 PM
my blacklist is 5 times bigger than my friendlist :lol:

Jaqlou Swig KING
Feb 1, 2014, 06:32 PM
The last time I was on it was 0/104, I wasnt surprised either, cuz there was no EMQ going on nor any boosts up.

Syklo
Feb 1, 2014, 07:11 PM
I'm just coming back, and my friends list is still 17 offline.

But adorably, I looked at my communication history:
Reiketsu sent me goodjobs EVERY SINGLE DAY I WAS ABSENT <3

BlueCast Boy
Feb 2, 2014, 12:23 AM
my blacklist is 5 times bigger than my friendlist :lol:

I am fine having alot of friends on ship7 which are nice but on ship2 there are some english players who blacklist me idk why I never did anything bad to them mostly most of the one who blacklist are team's managers and leaders thou... so whats up with that, so if i've been blacklist I will retire them to being my friend.
Its kinda sad especially kinda lonely on ship 2 :/

Edson Drake
Feb 2, 2014, 12:34 AM
Blackmail? That's some creepy shit. Or you meant blacklist? Could be something you're doing that's annoying people.

BlueCast Boy
Feb 2, 2014, 12:36 AM
oops i mean blacklist lel sorry anyway edited it

Inazuma
Feb 2, 2014, 02:30 AM
@ Edson

If you want to meet players who are mature and considerate, learn Japanese. Generally speaking, Japanese players are much nicer than the immature fuckers in B20.

jooozek
Feb 2, 2014, 03:44 AM
I am fine having alot of friends on ship7 which are nice but on ship2 there are some english players who blacklist me idk why I never did anything bad to them mostly most of the one who blacklist are team's managers and leaders thou... so whats up with that, so if i've been blacklist I will retire them to being my friend.

obnoxious, /area cutin autowords

darkante
Feb 2, 2014, 07:55 AM
Around 1-2 active, 26 offline and one IRL friend. Rarely talks so i hardly pays attention.
I got one blacklisted (since 2012), but that΄s just because he were way too irritating.
I tend to be pretty patient otherwise.

CanaanAzure
Feb 2, 2014, 09:16 AM
I have maybe 3 active players... 2 of which I know IRL.
I've only recently been playing with one other but we usually only team up or the occasional EQ or TA and don't really say much to one another (could mostly be because I'm a horrible conversationalist haha...)
My friends list consists of maybe like 8-12 people? Hahhh....

And I've got one black listed because they kept playing games with me.
They'd act like they wanna be my friend and then when things got good and I felt I was finally making a friend, they'd turn around and say I hate them and I'm only pretending to be their friend so I could just stab them in the back and troll them after hours of me trying to tell them I just wanna make friends cause I'm lonely as all hell when playing. :/

TaigaUC
Feb 2, 2014, 11:11 PM
I've been getting a lot of friend requests from people who like my friend partners.
I never talk to any of those people though.

The thing that pisses me off is how messy the friends list is.
It's a massive pain to navigate through when you have a lot of people on it.
Unless I've somehow missed it, there's no way to sort it or anything.
When you open the window, it doesn't even start at the top.

Terrible design.

BIG OLAF
Feb 2, 2014, 11:48 PM
If you want to meet players who are mature and considerate, learn Japanese.

It's just that easy, folks!

Generally speaking, Japanese players are much nicer than the immature fuckers in B20.

Any non-JP player = B20 player? I agree. That's definitely speaking in generalities.

FacelessRed
Feb 2, 2014, 11:52 PM
same as usual. 5-6 people online but rarely party together. 1 or two who always party with me. Ship 01 forever!

Keyblade59
Feb 3, 2014, 12:56 AM
I don't normally tread outside my team when it comes to friends, so I usually have 9-12 on at a time, only consisting of team members. Although, I have made a few outside my team and I must provide them with love and warmth or else they will not bake waffles with chocolate chips tomorrow morning

xxmadplayerxx
Feb 3, 2014, 01:40 AM
hmmm i removed some that don't play with me anymore, i mean no point having them on there if you never interact ,

if there are offline for a very very long time most likely they have remove you.

Edson Drake
Feb 3, 2014, 02:12 AM
hmmm i removed some that don't play with me anymore, i mean no point having them on there if you never interact ,

if there are offline for a very very long time most likely they have remove you.

That would be a bit underhanded of their part, I'd never do that unless the person actually deserves it(or never actually logs in for a looooooog time).

At least in this case, my list isn't that big, 30/40 people max. I've got some from Friend Partner requests, some after doing Tacos, while a few minority due to having some EQ together, enjoying it and becoming friends. Those are who I miss the most, some were really fun people to have around.

Many were B20's regulars, so I know they didn't remove me because I never saw them there or in any of the other blocks, and I change blocks A LOT.
I'm also very active and invite people to play with me quite frequently, but I tend to get cold if I get rejected all the time, then I just won't invite ever again.

Oh yeah Joozek already answered you what might be the reason. I hate that, myself. I'd rather have minimum/none of that autoword, cut-ins(especially cut-ins), and /toge spam in your autowords. Those annoy me a lot and I imagine several people get annoyed too.

I mean some characters are really cute, but do you really need to have an autoword for every character action? It's a shame, some of them were really well thought and in-character, but it's just plain a waste when I just won't see it because it's bothering my gameplay. Not sure if that's your case though.

GALEFORCE
Feb 3, 2014, 02:16 AM
Personally, I love friend partners/teammates with some character. If you don't have autowords of some kind, you're boring.

WildarmsRE5
Feb 3, 2014, 02:31 AM
unless there's 4 cut-in autowords blocking your screen.

GALEFORCE
Feb 3, 2014, 02:44 AM
Bring it on.

Inazuma
Feb 3, 2014, 03:11 AM

Any non-JP player = B20 player? I agree. That's definitely speaking in generalities.

Exactly. Thank you for proving my point.

BlueCast Boy
Feb 3, 2014, 03:12 AM
Well I dunno why but all my Auto words are on japanese but I don't put many auto words but still kinda cool to put some, I guess they got really tick of about me or something that i don;t know why... I'm not really much talkative but I'm kinda irratative to someone i guess. But if I'm in same block with friend I tend to join them and ask them if can pt with them on mpa with no comments on there quest or sort.

FacelessRed
Feb 3, 2014, 05:08 AM
Personally, I love friend partners/teammates with some character. If you don't have autowords of some kind, you're boring.

I'm currently having this problem. Barely anyone uses any autowords. their characters are lifeless husks. And it's quite boring ;(

Ce'Nedra
Feb 3, 2014, 05:20 AM
My list is pretty much always maxed. I really need to clean a lot of stuff out, there are some people there I never seen on anymore but I'm not to sure on their ID and afraid to delete someone I don't want to ;3 I often have 10-30 people online at times.

I also find AW mostly lame and boring so my characters are pretty much set to only show a "rare find" SA when I get a rare and that's it.

Syklo
Feb 3, 2014, 06:23 AM
I occasionally get the complaint of going overboard with my autowords (notably my "OVER 9000!!" cut in spam).

I still do.

BIG OLAF
Feb 3, 2014, 06:47 AM

You had no point, as per usual.

Lostbob117
Feb 3, 2014, 06:56 AM

Except he's not proving any point of yours at all.

Coatl
Feb 3, 2014, 10:28 AM

I love my friends.

gigawuts
Feb 3, 2014, 10:30 AM

It's funny because you're goddamn batshit and are evidence of your own point more than anyone else here possibly could be - without even realizing it.

The_Brimada
Feb 3, 2014, 04:01 PM
The majority of the people on my list are just people who liked my character and randomly befriended me in the lobby. Picked up a ton more after they started letting other people use your friend partner(mostly JP). On average there's probably around 10 online though.

Shadowth117
Feb 3, 2014, 04:14 PM

So uh... why do you post here again? Why try to elighten us "immature fuckers" if that's indeed what we are? Its like you're one of those guys going door to door to teach the values of some religion, but you also tell all of these people beforehand that that their worth is zero...

Frankly, I am very confused what is going on with your thoughts, but you are very welcome to think how you like I suppose.

Yutaka20
Feb 3, 2014, 10:05 PM
I occasionally get the complaint of going overboard with my autowords (notably my "OVER 9000!!" cut in spam).

I still do.

it's ok if ur autowords only spams in the chat.

there are some players who actually have the face expressions appearing with test speech.
those are the annoying ones.
ur screen would practically be blocked by them.
i have an occasion where someone's face expression blocked my map while i was trying to reach my party for a boss.
in the end i missed it becos the it blocked my map.
i know some would say "press M u fool"
i am on my controller lol so i didnt set my map access to my controller.

just saying the reson why most of us set our autoword off is to prevent it from annoying other players.
i use to do that when i was a noob.
but it actually saves u from getting kick from jp party as well.
well if u are a b20 party user then i guess it's ok lol
since b20 is annoying anyway XD

as for the reply to this tread.
nothing like joining a active team .
ppl in my friendlist are most of the time just there for me to give good job lol
but most of the ppl in my list are my team mates anyway.
since u can easily do block teleport to ur team mate now.

Inazuma
Feb 4, 2014, 03:23 AM
Basically I am saying that Japanese players are more mature in general. In response to that, many people on here act like immature assholes and claim I'm wrong.

In other words:

"Japanese players are generally nicer."
"Fuck you!"
"Exactly."
"Fuck you!"

Those of you who disagree with me probably haven't spent that much time playing with and talking with Japanese players. Generally speaking, the Japanese are much nicer and considerate. Don't get mad at me and act like this is all my doing. I'm just stating the facts. I have a lot of experience with both groups of people. Of course, there are exceptions on both sides. I know some great foreign players and play with them on a regular basis.

milranduil
Feb 4, 2014, 05:08 AM
Basically I am saying that Japanese players are more mature in general. In response to that, many people on here act like immature assholes and claim I'm wrong.

In other words:

"Japanese players are generally nicer."
"Fuck you!"
"Exactly."
"Fuck you!"

Those of you who disagree with me probably haven't spent that much time playing with and talking with Japanese players. Generally speaking, the Japanese are much nicer and considerate. Don't get mad at me and act like this is all my doing. I'm just stating the facts. I have a lot of experience with both groups of people. Of course, there are exceptions on both sides. I know some great foreign players and play with them on a regular basis.

Saying that jp people are in general more mature is a tad different than reducing everyone to immature b20 fuckers. Say what you mean and make up your mind. Which are we? :wacko:

Syklo
Feb 4, 2014, 05:25 AM
it's ok if ur autowords only spams in the chat.

there are some players who actually have the face expressions appearing with test speech.
those are the annoying ones.
ur screen would practically be blocked by them.

Well I'm sorry but I like the cut-ins. Not to mention, it doesn't even block the screen that much... (but that depends on your resolution really)

Anyway, my cut-ins aren't AS frequent, but it's there.

Agitated_AT
Feb 4, 2014, 05:48 AM
utter nonsense that japanese players are more mature than us westerners. The flaw is within the game itself for not encouraging consideration and genuine requiring teamwork. People not being active isn't the cause, it's the consequence.

Zeota
Feb 4, 2014, 07:03 AM
A vast majority of the 30 or so on my list up and left near the beginning or when FF14 came back.

I've known a few of the folks in my team since the PSU days. Some as far back as vanilla PSO in 2001.

Dragwind
Feb 5, 2014, 12:14 PM
Please keep the discussion on-topic folks.

Mystil
Feb 12, 2014, 03:26 PM
Eh nevermind. (saw post above)

Edit: When I was playing, I had a friendlist, of sorts. Can only think of three people I would talk to. Although two of them I abandoned like a fool, but that's a long story and I'm not that person anymore.

There was a LOT of people in the game I wanted to add to my list, and not just to add them, but hoping something real would come out of it. But I would hold myself back if I saw they already had an established group of friends. Feeling that there was no room for me.

Celille
Feb 12, 2014, 03:44 PM
Eh nevermind. (saw post above)

Edit: When I was playing, I had a friendlist, of sorts. Can only think of three people I would talk to. Although two of them I abandoned like a fool, but that's a long story and I'm not that person anymore.

There was a LOT of people in the game I wanted to add to my list, and not just to add them, but hoping something real would come out of it. But I would hold myself back if I saw they already had an established group of friends. Feeling that there was no room for me.

Sounds like I need to give you a random friend invite. We can not talk, afk in different lobbies, and when we're on the same block for EQs we'll be like "oh that's the guy I randomly friend invited but I know nothing about that person so I'm not going to invite them to my party cause it'll be awkward as fuck." It'll be great! So what do you say, are you down?

SpanishGamer911
Feb 12, 2014, 04:37 PM
Everyone on my friend list are jap players cause i'm on ship 06 lol. They're always on & what not tho which is cool. I Don't have many people on my list but maybe like 20-30

btw-Niji
Feb 12, 2014, 04:43 PM
Well I'm sorry but I like the cut-ins. Not to mention, it doesn't even block the screen that much... (but that depends on your resolution really)

Anyway, my cut-ins aren't AS frequent, but it's there.
Regardless of resolution, the result is the same.

Yes, it blocks part of the screen. If you are a CI spammer, especially with /a, then you are an annoyance to the other players.