PDA

View Full Version : New BR/Hu seeking advice

Melodys
Jan 20, 2014, 01:08 AM
I am considering on making a Dewman F character since I wanted to make another class to power through SH difficulty. I do have a few questions before I get started though.

What would be the ideal mag plan stat build? I was thinking probably 135/40 s-atk and dex since Dewman F gets over 420 dex at lvl cap and that amount of dex would help equip current and any future katanas they plan to release.

Is playing melee fine with a keyboard? Haven't played it very well on it before but I've mapped the shift button next to the movement keys so I'm depending on that to block oncoming damage.

Would buying an Agito and Vibra's set be a good start in terms of equips?

What would be an ideal skill tree to maximize damage for Katana Br/hu?

Shunka, Hatou and Kanran are the only PAs that should be used right?

Shinamori
Jan 20, 2014, 01:12 AM
You'll actually be fine with 25 Dex in your mag and the rest in S-ATK. At least, that's how I have mine's so I can use the Boulay Obs which needs 685 S-ATK. This is my skill tree
http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06eSbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkcRIb IcIz7bInqnGXsO6JiGA000007b000009bJdJ2ielkcibn0000l b000009b000000lb0000000ebqB4PdnmxsXI2l20000

Limbo_lag
Jan 20, 2014, 01:27 AM
I am considering on making a Dewman F character since I wanted to make another class to power through SH difficulty. I do have a few questions before I get started though.

What would be the ideal mag plan stat build? I was thinking probably 135/40 s-atk and dex since Dewman F gets over 420 dex at lvl cap and that amount of dex would help equip current and any future katanas they plan to release.

Is playing melee fine with a keyboard? Haven't played it very well on it before but I've mapped the shift button next to the movement keys so I'm depending on that to block oncoming damage.

Would buying an Agito and Vibra's set be a good start in terms of equips?

What would be an ideal skill tree to maximize damage for Katana Br/hu?

Shunka, Hatou and Kanran are the only PAs that should be used right?

I use 145/30. Anything around that is fine, not too big a deal, though anything over 50 DEX is probably not needed.

I play on a keyboard, no problems at all. In fact, I find it easier than a gamepad. Personal preference, really.

Vibras set is fine. Its effective for its cost. As for a starting katana, agito, whilst pricey (~2.5m) is excellent for leveling HU if you can't get your hands on a susanoo. Later on you might want to buy something with average stance boost latent, and crafting that to have HU class too. Recommend against crafting agito - just resell it when you are done.

Ideal skill tree would just be to max out fury on HU and max out average stance stuff and KC stuff on BR, including the extras like combat escape. Here is the basic idea:

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06fbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIk0lbIn qnGKsN6JiGA000007b000009b000000lb000009b000000lb00 00000Ibf4NdnmxsXI2l20000

Use the remaining SP however you want. I like J reversal cover, but its not necessary. You can also get stuff like multishoot level 1 or whatever, in the rare events that you need a bow. Recommend getting partizan and/or WL gear on HU tree, but again, not necessary.

As for the PAs, yes, those 3 will be your bread and butter - Kanran for mobbing, shunka for bosses/tough mobs, and HR for situational stuff, like zondeeled goldrahda mobs, to prevent from getting KO'ed by their self destructs. I also like to use asagiri for dashing.

astro9866
Jan 20, 2014, 02:55 AM
Sorry for not being fully on topic, but where should one farm for HR and shunka? Tried checking the market, and HR is 650k.

Limbo_lag
Jan 20, 2014, 03:18 AM
HR from rare malluda, Shunka from rare vibras (tower defence). 650k eh? time to farm _(:3 」∠ )_

astro9866
Jan 20, 2014, 03:49 AM
Can you only get Vibras from the Emergency Mission? or are there other TD missions?

Kikikiki
Jan 20, 2014, 04:18 AM
Yes, you can only get Shunka-Shunran from the Dark Rinzes, which is a rare version of Dark Bibras, the TD final wave's boss.

Good luck.

isCasted
Jan 20, 2014, 05:47 AM
Yes, you can only get Shunka-Shunran from the Dark Rinzes, which is a rare version of Dark Bibras, the TD final wave's boss.

Good luck.

Normal versions of enemies drop discs too, just with lower probability and levels. You can get get lv3 Shunka Shunran by playing TD on Normal and it's not necessary to wait until you get to lv40.

loool
Jan 20, 2014, 09:29 AM
Pure strike mag, craft a multi-class hunter katana, play Hu/Br, then SHUNKA EVERYTHING! Braver is stupid OP broken...

Melodys
Jan 20, 2014, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the tips. Got to play Braver for a little while yesterday and I like it! I think I'll go with a 30 dex mag build too since Braver's skill tree forces you to take 10 dex at the start anyway. However, I do have a couple of extra questions. When using Shunka on specific bosses, is it better to lock on to a specific part like Ragne's core, Vol's head, Quartz's nose and Dragon Ex's right arm? I find that I tend to go all over the place without lock on.

In what situations would Hatou be better? I heard it's better than Shunka with Banthers and maybe Falz arms at least or in situations when getting close to a boss is undesirable.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 20, 2014, 08:50 PM
SHUNKA EVERYTHING!

^one of the people who die to carterdransa

Thanks for the tips. Got to play Braver for a little while yesterday and I like it! I think I'll go with a 30 dex mag build too since Braver's skill tree forces you to take 10 dex at the start anyway. However, I do have a couple of extra questions. When using Shunka on specific bosses, is it better to lock on to a specific part like Ragne's core, Vol's head, Quartz's nose and Dragon Ex's right arm? I find that I tend to go all over the place without lock on.

Lock on

In what situations would Hatou be better? I heard it's better than Shunka with Banthers and maybe Falz arms at least or in situations when getting close to a boss is undesirable.

It's better when you have cetos proi out too.

Also, 650k hatou disks? Lol I'd farm it if getting my lvl16 the first time wasn't such a pain in the ass.

Shinamori
Jan 20, 2014, 10:11 PM
HR from rare malluda, Shunka from rare vibras (tower defence). 650k eh? time to farm _(:3 」∠ )_

Just wait until Beach LQ. =E

RadiantLegend
Jan 21, 2014, 10:58 AM
Then it won't be worth farming. Only a few hours left anyway.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 21, 2014, 03:49 PM
^one of the people who die to carterdransa

Lock on

It's better when you have cetos proi out too.

Also, 650k hatou disks? Lol I'd farm it if getting my lvl16 the first time wasn't such a pain in the ass.

You can block and/or dash cancel shunka before the final hit and as long as you lock onto his tail, it isn't a problem. Shunka is easy to control with a little brain power.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 21, 2014, 04:46 PM
You can block and/or dash cancel shunka before the final hit and as long as you lock onto his tail, it isn't a problem. Shunka is easy to control with a little brain power.

Just poking fun at bravers who don't do that/overuse shunka against literally everything. It's funny to watch.

Either way, assuming someone does cancel shunka shunran by the second attack out of fearing for their health, hatou can put out similar damage for the PP, along with the safety of range, and speed.

milranduil
Jan 21, 2014, 04:50 PM
If you position correctly, caters won't swipe around until at less than half health making Shunka the preferred tool for them. This obviously doesn't work in MPAs though since everyone is everywhere.

SakoHaruo
Jan 21, 2014, 05:14 PM
Hotau is faster against Nab 1 Rockbear and the more efficient PA against the second cater on Sanct if you pop KC for 10 - 20sec Quartz kill. with low enough ping you can even do some cool chains with Hatou for instant kills.

Melodys
Jan 21, 2014, 09:03 PM
From playing more with Braver, I usually use Hatou on certain bosses when my KC is still on cooldown and if the boss isn't in a vulnerable position since it puts me in a stationary position, ready to step or just guard attacks. Shunka tends to mess up the camera and position for a step or guard since it lunges all over the place. Though for bosses with easy, slower attack patterns like Rockbear and Cata, Shunka is fine for them even when outside of KC.

Onvirtual
Jan 21, 2014, 10:02 PM
I know from my experience that I always have PP problem when playing around with Hatou, and since you will be closing in on your target anyway, I decided that Hatou is not effective against anything.

Shunka is the deal for me and good news is I'm already used on how Shunka react and I can cancel it midway whenever I need and control the charge direction.

Of course I don't have a way to make shortcuts that can change PA midway so I only play with Shunka and Kanran (I have Asagiri also for dashing)

If I have to play Ranged, I just change to my trusty bow and thats usually more than enough.

Coatl
Jan 21, 2014, 10:14 PM
Use Hatou when not in katana combat and experiencing "not so damn brave anymore, eh?" debuff.

Onvirtual
Jan 21, 2014, 10:24 PM
I never really aim for big damage on KCF since I only aim for the added 20% plus 20 seconds invulnerability on KC. During it, I just do Shunka without any problem and that boosted 20% damage on JA during KC really helps my damage, thus I just use KC more on power buffing my shunka.

Melodys
Jan 22, 2014, 10:58 AM
Getting the hang of Braver. However, I do have another question in regards to crafting for Braver. While it is fairly useless on weapons compared to even Agito (the dex loss means it will do at least slightly less damage than it), should I work on crafting my Bibra and Calburn set? I see a lot of people with those crafted units but I'm afraid of losing the hp and PP bonuses they offer as an individual unit.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 22, 2014, 03:20 PM
the armor I assume. I wouldn't craft them, no. They're trying to give themselves license to use the set bonus on their armor but unless they're using the weapons and even then they lost out on some HP and PP. As a Katana Braver I would suggest Blitz. The set bonus is better as it adds 60 to S Atk and gives you 10PP while still giving you a leg to equip. The set bonus will stay once crafted too even though you miss out on a little HP and PP as a result. The 10* blitz set is ideal if you can get your hands on it but the crafted 9* is a great stand in once crafted. Find a good leg unit that gives some PP and try to get up to 125+ PP. Being able to do your best PAs once more before having to stop and do normals to regen can be the difference between getting the kill and having to chase the boss around or worse yet, making a mistake and dying.