PDA

View Full Version : are Sranks are jokes?

fyrewyre
Apr 14, 2003, 03:09 AM
i cant get into the items section so here goes...

On ver2 i remember owning several sranks and owning several people with them in battle mode, but i got my hands on my FYRE TWIN and i noticed my double saber was alot stronger (double saber 35 and fyre twin 59+) so my question is "Whats wrong with these?" or does this have to do with photon spheres floating around or maybe the second Cmode will make them stronger and have specials. i remeber hearing some kid in a lobby state that they are stronger when used together and i just got daggers (in my drunken stupor) and i have no high hu chars so before i fork over another 4 hours i want to know whats the deal with these placebo sranks

Guile
Apr 14, 2003, 03:15 AM
I never had V2 so I never had an Srank on that and I just barley got PSO for GC not but a month ago so I have'nt got my hands on an Srank yet but my friends say bad things about them

They tell me they are'nt that great and strong and what not so they probaly due blow..but I can't say tell I get some time to do Cmode!

IceBlink
Apr 14, 2003, 03:48 AM
On V2, S-ranks were powerful, and even more so when fully grinded. They had a special which allows for level 50+ shifta/deband/zalure/jellen/instant kill/confuse/freeze/resta, in random order. Very powerful.

In GC, S-ranks are now very underpowered, at the start. They have higher grind limits to make up for it though. As for special, I can't quite remember...

rena-ko
Apr 14, 2003, 05:32 AM
my lorelei twin is ground (grinded?) to 203 by now... so it still needs 47 grinders to perfection http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif;

i think from 170 grinders upwards its a cool weapon and right now (with shifta and the assistance of a power mag [10 125 65 0]) it a 1-combo-killer in ultimate forest and caves.

no special... but i never relied on the random special in v2 (because of the shifta, deband and resta part...).

i wonder what cmode2 brings...

hm... from the photon sphere theory i'm around 60 drops short from trying that, but i will test this once i find a frozen shooter or anything i could use the photon sphere on if it does not work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-04-14 03:44 ]</font>

Derkin
Apr 14, 2003, 05:39 AM
SRank weapons lack a Special Attack but hardly anyone uses a Twin's special. As for strength, it is slightly less powerful then a Demolition Comet, when they are both fully ground. Of course the Demo can have %s which also helps.

As for me, my HUmar (119) and FOmar (133) both put my SRank Twin to use. Both are doing well.

Sedyne
Apr 14, 2003, 06:04 AM
50% mechs own the twin >_>

but anyway, yeah i sometimes use my twin, however still my 50% Hit Vulcan's are the most effective one on one weapon.

HaLLa
Apr 14, 2003, 06:24 AM
hmmm

what is cmode 2?

TeamPhalanx
Apr 14, 2003, 07:25 AM
I think it's just SONIC TEAM coming to their senses. S-Ranks were the most powerful weapons in the entire game (v2). That didn't make much sense, since rare items were harder to obtain.

GC PSO does make sense. S-Ranks are fairly easy to get, while rares are still hard to get. S-Ranks are more powerful than most weapons of the same category, but they aren't more powerful than the rares weapons of the same category.

Ropponmatsu
Apr 14, 2003, 07:50 AM
Although an S-rank Saber +250 sounds juicy! It only starts with ATP +150, grinding it to 250 won't bring it anywhere near as powerful as a Guld Milla or BKB!

rena-ko
Apr 14, 2003, 08:27 AM
hm... i find the option to name your srank like you want is a nice bonus. if there weren't the ridiculus high amount of grinders that's needed, it would be a very good weapon...

challenge mode 2 would be ep2-challenge mode then ^_^

fyrewyre
Apr 18, 2003, 04:17 AM
well atleast i dont have to save up on grinders...i was hoping sonic team realizes that custom made weapons are just as attractive as a bkb to a lvl 34 newbie and add something in cmode 2 to help beef these bad boys. no word has been released on several things on pso and especially photon spheres, elenors mag, badges, rings, why sawd is hunter only, and why srank lost their power/specials (i know this has been answered by us, but what does sega have to say about this?), and other things that i cant remmber due to the lack of sleep.

Derkin
Apr 18, 2003, 05:45 AM
why sawd is hunter only

Why is that so odd? Its a huge sword, decent power too. It would be pretty dumb, in my opinion, for it to be a multi-class weapon.

Ryo_Hayasa
Apr 18, 2003, 07:29 AM
i'm dreaming again but:
could there be a possiblity that you *in some up comming quest* can upgrade your S-Rank with the use of a currently "useless item" such as a Candy/Choclate, and what i think a Photon Sphere.
this is what i think, it's a idea.
i'm on my way to get a Neko Twin. and when C2 comes to light if FOs can use the twin saber, a Inu Swords

OT: if all the mars can use G-assasin arms, how come a FOmar couldn't use a Musashi (atleast a Musashi)
hopfully since FOs can use the S-rank twin a FOmar can use a S-rank Twin Sword.

fyrewyre
Apr 18, 2003, 12:18 PM
On 2003-04-18 03:45, Derkin wrote:

why sawd is hunter only

Why is that so odd? Its a huge sword, decent power too. It would be pretty dumb, in my opinion, for it to be a multi-class weapon.

Its a great melee weapon and if it were bot only and it was once usable by rangers too...my v2 racast still uses one.
(chainsaw+big chunky racast=hours of hack n slash leveling like on the dreamcast)

Logical2u
Apr 18, 2003, 02:10 PM
I was afraid that someone might say that. Has anyone seen the S-Rank rifle? it only has
+10 attack. It seems that it was a BIT tuned down. But I didnt imagine that it had a random special ability once. One more thing on my drum list...