PDA

View Full Version : some questions about ranger

nagasee
Jan 21, 2014, 11:35 PM
I'm thinking about going RA/HU and had a few questions:
How does standing snipe work?

Does it work when I use a PA while airbourne?

If I am standing still when starting a PA such as One Point and then move around, will standing snipe still be active? (or vice versa)

Is Killing Bonus worth it? I've seen people say that the range on it isn't very good. If not, I don't really know what else to get in the ranger tree. Weak Hit Blast Bonus doesn't really seem that great either.

What is a good amount of PP for a Ranger? I'd assume you would need a good amount since you cannot attack while WB is active.

Rain Walker
Jan 22, 2014, 12:07 AM
No. Not sure, but i assume no. Yes, if you are situational and know how to Diffuse Shell. 120+ is ok. 130+ is a blast.

GALEFORCE
Jan 22, 2014, 12:18 AM
SS works in mid-air only if your character model does not lose or gain height for about 1 second before using the PA. Basically, your character's position has to be static for a short amount of time before you hit the PA button. Additional Bullet can achieve SS in mid-air with successive uses, as can Kreisenslach. I don't think any rifle/launcher PAs can do it though.

Yes, after you hit the PA button, assuming SS was activated, you'll retain the damage bonus for the entirety of the PA, but moving around (if possible) will invalidate your next PA from getting SS.

Yes to killing bonus.

120 is the bare minimum as a ranger. If you can get up to 135~ or so to reach 150pp with pp drink, then more power to you.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 22, 2014, 03:26 PM
Pretty much what galeforce said. if you're using a gunslash you're usually in KB's range or just out of it. I would love for it to get a bit more range as an adjustment but I've been able to throw out 8 PAs instead of 5 as a result from all the dying. You'll see how amazing it can potentially be on EQs like crater where you are being swarmede by enemies and everyone is fighting around you. in EQs like I that I rarely run out of PP as a Ra/Hu

nagasee
Jan 22, 2014, 03:29 PM
Thank you all for the feedback.

Additional Bullet can achieve SS in mid-air with successive uses, as can Kreisenslach. I don't think any rifle/launcher PAs can do it though.

When you say successive uses of Additional Bullet, can they be Just Attacks or do they have to be used immediately after one another.

GALEFORCE
Jan 22, 2014, 05:43 PM
They have to be just attacks AFAIK. It wouldn't be worth it otherwise.

Add bullet starts getting its SS bonus on the third use, while kreisen gets it on its second.