PDA

View Full Version : Fo/Te?

Not Crazed
Jan 24, 2014, 08:23 AM
This seems much more viable now with the new technic customization, thoughts?

Can it kill bosses faster now, is it capable of soloing more efficiently?

landman
Jan 24, 2014, 09:10 AM
I've always been FO/TE, I like using all 6 elements, even if they are not maxed out :/ I have problems soloing Ringada and Bal Rodos, they take too much time and eventually get hit xd (but I guess I need more practice with Ringada, and I need to know if the circles get more HP the more you break them or the less HP Ringada has...)

Edson Drake
Jan 24, 2014, 10:22 AM
I'm leveling my TE/FO 56/65 at the moment and it didn't make a difference, still feels weak compared to other classes with less optimal gear.

I have the infinite casting Grants, Fast Megid, and working my way torwards infinite Zonde and wide Namegid.

The customisations are just slight changes, the power recipes do not multiply the overall power of the tech, but its base power, which even Namegid, that has a huge base do not benefit much, unfortunately.

I'd love some 300k Namegid, that's for sure.

Not Crazed
Jan 24, 2014, 10:36 AM
Compared to my Gu and my Br I just feel SOOO weak....

I'm having problems deciding on using my fire or lightning tree on Fo whilst running the LQ, what's everyone else using?

I hear Fo/Br is a million times better, but has pp problems....

ShinMaruku
Jan 24, 2014, 10:41 AM
Fo/TE was not as bad as some people were making it out to be. The issue is you don't have level 16 techs. When you do and play smart you may go a bit slower but in a group you can really pump out some damage.

TaigaUC
Jan 24, 2014, 10:52 AM
Everything feels slow as shit compared to Br/Hu and Gu/Hu.
Not only do they hit like trucks, they're also stylishly mobile, with high defensive capabilities.

Fo/Te is probably decent if you have amazing gear and all rank 16 crap (yeah, good luck with that).
You'd probably still need to be pretty patient.

I only really use my Fo/Tes for crowd control in Tower Defense and as Friend Partners.

ShinMaruku
Jan 24, 2014, 11:04 AM
See I have 16 crap and amazing gear and I do party play. :) But yeah they are slower than my Br/HU. But I am certain fo/te will receive a decent buff next run through.

Not Crazed
Jan 24, 2014, 11:10 AM
Shin, what gear would you recommend?

TaigaUC
Jan 24, 2014, 11:12 AM
I used to like Fo/Te because I had a lot of different spells to choose from.
But it gets tiring when you realize that most of them are completely pointless trash, and that the interface sucks balls for using many spells at once.
Then you realize how much of your time you spend holding the charge button down while everyone zips and flips around flattening everything like acrobatic cheetahs on steroids.

Some classes just aren't very interesting to play and really need something else.
I've been messing around with Te/Hu a bit.
It's a hell of a lot of normal attacks and not much else.
I thought maybe it was just me, until I watched a JP Te/Hu Nab2 Time Attack video.

Anyway, sorry I can't offer helpful advice.
When I do play my casters in parties, I probably spend most of my time sucking everything up with Zondeel for effiency's sake.

MetalDude
Jan 24, 2014, 11:37 AM
I find FO/TE most fun to play when playing in a full group of 4-12 people. They're a shitty solo class and there's really no denying that. Most of anything related to FO or TE just has garbage time with bosses and it's irritating to set up on mobs when soloing on SH. But a proper Zondeel user in a full group is a gigantic asset. Most of my fun comes from scooping groups together and just mass slaughtering them with others while also keeping the group running with heals and S/D.

It is annoying though that FO is really dependent on getting some lv 16s. Sazan's fantastic... if I actually had it. I still don't have Rabarta 16 and I've seen at least 10+ Bartas and Gibartas at 16 now. Such a stupid system.

TaigaUC
Jan 24, 2014, 11:53 AM
The tech customization system is obviously meant to be SEGA's new method of delivering "balancing fixes" to us.

ShinMaruku
Jan 24, 2014, 12:03 PM
I think it was more for weapons than forces because it's not making techs OP like they made SHunka and the roll to 'fix' gunners and bravers.

TaigaUC
Jan 24, 2014, 12:06 PM
That's what I thought at first.
I now feel that they're going to slowly foist new recipes off on us to "fix" issues with Techs.

So what gear do you recommend for Fo/Te, ShinMaruku?

milranduil
Jan 24, 2014, 12:38 PM
Best of the best gear?

Rod: エスカヘルメス during weather, 恋鳳凰 during no weather
Talis: ヘレティックソー during weather, 忌藤袴 during no weather
Units: フォリ set with アーム/ヘイレムジース or アーム/フラーウタロン (both 10 PP units), or マギカ set

Good luck.

Not Crazed
Jan 24, 2014, 12:48 PM
What are the English names of those units?

TaigaUC
Jan 24, 2014, 12:58 PM
I dunno, it just seems silly to me that the best weapon depends on the weather.
That was actually a common joke when I was at school: "depends on the weather".

フォリ = fori
アーム/ヘイレムジース = Arm Heiremuji-su
アーム/フラーウタロン = Arm/Fura-utaron
マギカ = magika

MetalDude
Jan 24, 2014, 02:51 PM
Best of the best is any strongest weapon for any scenario and the absolute best unit set even if 2-pieces + standalones are 15-30mil in total. Those all fit the bill.

If you're looking for affordable but still very competent gear:
Silica Roses w/ JA latent
Heretic Saw w/ JA latent
Bloom Set - Primula Units

Base weapons would cost you 400-500k total at the most and the units aren't bad at all either. Very affordable, very effective if you're just looking to gear out and try FO or TE some more. If you're looking to play at the absolute top end, look into what adios recommended.

Emp
Jan 24, 2014, 03:04 PM
I've always been FO/TE, I like using all 6 elements, even if they are not maxed out :/ I have problems soloing Ringada and Bal Rodos, they take too much time and eventually get hit xd (but I guess I need more practice with Ringada, and I need to know if the circles get more HP the more you break them or the less HP Ringada has...)

Yes. Ringahdas rings gain more HP each time you break them.

kisamehosh/C
Jan 24, 2014, 04:33 PM
http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06uGbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkIufc Z9bIn0000000lb000009b000000lb000008kbIkdxcKjcAcAIe Ibbn0000j4OIdHXidjqxHXIn00000ib000008

hows this tree for just a general fo/te

jooozek
Jan 24, 2014, 04:59 PM
sazan is really bad, i've had someone knock down el ahdas in tower defense and obivously, they couldn't manage to kill those el ahdas so people had tu run like idiots towards them but hey, whoever was doing that shit at least got their points proving they are a great player, right?

milranduil
Jan 24, 2014, 05:23 PM
sazan is really bad, i've had someone knock down el ahdas in tower defense and obivously, they couldn't manage to kill those el ahdas so people had tu run like idiots towards them but hey, whoever was doing that shit at least got their points proving they are a great player, right?

Sorry, but that is an isolated example of a mob you shouldn't be using sazan on the first place, so I don't really see your point of why sazan is bad.

Rayden
Jan 24, 2014, 05:26 PM
Really? My Sazan kills them pretty quick. :-? What else should I be using on El Ahdas?

jooozek
Jan 24, 2014, 05:26 PM
Sorry, but that is an isolated example of a mob you shouldn't be using sazan on the first place, so I don't really see your point of why sazan is bad.

the point is, pso2 is all about one-trick ponies and how everyone picks them up and uses them everywhere against everywhere, the suction is a major pain in the ass too (seems to randomly pull or push stuff? might be latency related), plus the tech itself is imprecise (point in case, using it on infection spots)

Bellion
Jan 24, 2014, 05:32 PM
Knocking down El Ada? That sounds like Razan, then.
Well, that Fo or Te must've been extremely weak if Sazan spamming on groups of them was failing.

Sazan is basically a mix of Foie, Rafoie, and Zondeel.
It sucks things in a straight line depending on where it's cast, how far you are, and how close the enemy is to the tech.

milranduil
Jan 24, 2014, 05:37 PM
Really? My Sazan kills them pretty quick. :-? What else should I be using on El Ahdas?

Unless you have Elysion, Zondeel into Nafoie with a talis I'm pretty sure would clean them up very quick. I could maybe see it for a single Ahda, but it won't consistently hit the weakpoint like Rafoie otherwise would.

Inazuma
Jan 24, 2014, 05:50 PM
The problem with Force is that they are completely fucking horrible and useless unless you have Sazan 16 and Elysion. It absolutely makes or breaks the class.

In a game where every enemy is instantly dead in less than a second, having to throw talises and charge techs is just miserable. You will feel like total deadweight when you play with others. Bosses take forever to kill too, especially Bal Rodos.

But if you can get lucky with Sazan 16 and Elysion, and then base your entire character around using them, you will be far from useless. It's such a massive improvement that it will blow your mind.

There is a good chance we will be able to trade 11 stars this spring. If that happens, every Force can get their hands on Elysion and start contributing something to the party.

Shadowth117
Jan 24, 2014, 06:13 PM
The problem with Force is that they are completely fucking horrible and useless unless you have Sazan 16 and Elysion. It absolutely makes or breaks the class.

In a game where every enemy is instantly dead in less than a second, having to throw talises and charge techs is just miserable. You will feel like total deadweight when you play with others. Bosses take forever to kill too, especially Bal Rodos.

Class is subpar and sucks on Rodos sure, but worthless sans one very specific attack and weapon? Well, that sounds more like a personal problem to me.

Sylphia
Jan 24, 2014, 07:38 PM
Check the jp wiki for set information. The two set pieces lack pp of 3set peices, and can be rediculously priced. As others have stated, popular units can cost 10-50m per peice... And imho, attack power and pp don't matter if you're face down.

Having said that, for drops kit, the chiffon set is a good 9* holdover with decent pp and set bonus. The vibras set is ok too and both can be gotten in td.

Buying on a real budget, what the erega set lacks in set bonus is made up for with good affixes as dropped(tama/stigma/abilityIII), and is around 600-900k for a full set, with very good all around def. I've ground 4 sets for my characters and they all have been easy to grind.

Sets with good def, set bonus, and pp/latent resists, calbun(ra/te60) is falling in price. I havn't checked the primula(str/te60) since it's basically same as calbun but questionmarked for blow defense. At 1.5m per peice, you still need to affix/grind.

imho, if money is no concern, best fo/te units I'm hoping to get before they slip into obsolecense is folia set.

TaigaUC
Jan 24, 2014, 07:49 PM
I Zondeel and then Na Foie.
SaZan doesn't knock down. RaZan does.

My fastest Tower Defense runs are when everyone stands at the tower and a caster Zondeels everything into a focal point for everyone to unleash fury upon.
It is certainly a bit glitchy though.

Class is subpar and sucks on Rodos sure, but worthless sans one very specific attack and weapon? Well, that sounds more like a personal problem to me.

I don't know if I'd say they are totally worthless, but it's very easy for casters to feel worthless in this game.

The game is designed around killing stuff quick.
Ranged used to be king, until melee got a massive damage boost.
Now magic damage can't compete with enemy HP on higher difficulty levels.
Support is frustrating because everyone runs away from it all the time.

Casters have clunkier methods of regeneration, slow charging, and low damage.
They are crappier by design. They just can't keep up with other classes.
Elysion and SaZan rank 16 serve to nullify many of those problems.
That's why they are virtually necessary for efficiency.
It doesn't matter how specific they are if they fill the necessary gap.

Remember that Hunter was worthless sans one specific stance tree turned multiplier.
Gunner was near worthless sans one +200% damage boost.
Fighter Bloody Sarabande.
Etc, etc.

That's my understanding, anyway.

Think of it this way, I guess:
SEGA often "balances" by altering a single attack or skill that makes a class shoot to the top.
PSO2's effectiveness in gameplay relies on a few simple elements. There isn't much depth.
In that kind of scenario, a single specific change can make a big difference.

jiasu73
Jan 24, 2014, 08:30 PM
fo or te as a subclass or main is still needed if you want to run defense 4 times and for top times for some TA maps in SH. Up to you if you want consider their part in these things as "useless". No use of elysion as well.